Power Forwards:
Thaddeus Young - 4 Years: 11.1M, 12.53, 13M, 13.8M [TO]
Thomas Robinson - 1 Year: 1.5m
Cory Jefferson - 2 years: 0.8M, 1.1M
Chris McCullough - 3 Years: 0.9M, 0.9M, 1.0M

Centers:
Brook Lopez - 3 Years: 20M, 20M, 20M
Willie Reed - 1 Year: .5M

* Nets have signed Cliff Alexander, Deshawn Delaney, Ben Vezzola, Josh Gasser, & Kendall Gray to ungauranteed contracts.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Re: Nets 15-16 Roster To Date 

Post#2 » by Trader_Joe » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:27 pm

I think we can expect to add Thomas Robinson to the mix soon.
Also, I hope we don't get stuck with Mirza and his one year QO. We wouldn't be able to move him without his permission either.

All in all I think anyone is fair game to be moved at some point other than...

D.Will (no one's touching him at the moment)
Bogdanovic
RHJ
Thad
Lopez

I would say McC isn't going anywhere, but I don't know about this kid.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#3 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:39 pm

—D-Will has an ETO. Maybe he hates being a Net so much that he takes it.
David West inexplicably opted out. Why can't D-Will lol?

— Is Thad $12.5mil straight or is it $11.2mil in the first year and escalating each year?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,910

Post#4 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:55 pm

David West can still play. Deron can't. Big difference.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#5 » by Ror1997 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 10:48 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:I think we can expect to add Thomas Robinson to the mix soon.
Also, I hope we don't get stuck with Mirza and his one year QO. We wouldn't be able to move him without his permission either.

Bogdanovic
RHJ
Thad
Lopez

I would say Markel Brown is pretty safe too.
Starski
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#6 » by Starski » Wed Jul 1, 2015 11:21 pm

I'd very very Okay with a

Dwill or Jack
Bogs
RHJ
Thad
Lopez

Starting 5....Can also switch up Bogs at the 3 and Brown at the 2 when we go small....

If brown has worked on his game for a very defensive wing we can even go Brown 1 Bogs 2 and RHJ at the 3....
Net Sentence
Veteran
And1: 334

Post#7 » by Net Sentence » Thu Jul 2, 2015 2:59 am

Bogdanovic
RHJ
Thad
Lopez

Nets can rescind Mirza's offer I believe
Antti22
Senior
And1: 233

Post#8 » by Antti22 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 6:34 am

This team desprately needs some shooting and you are hoping we wont get stuck with probably our best shooter when healthy? And also one player who plays with heart on the court.
We probably wont be able to retain him, but if we manage to keep him on QO, him playing a contract year for his last decent contract, would be like winning the lottery...
I know all the love Americans give to players who owned college but busted in the NBA ( T-Rob), but I would hate if we chose T-Rob over Mirza, because T-Rob does not add ANYTHING to the team, whereas Mirza adds shooting which we really need.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: Re: Nets 15-16 Roster To Date 

Post#9 » by Paradise » Thu Jul 2, 2015 7:43 am

Antti22 wrote:

This team desprately needs some shooting and you are hoping we wont get stuck with probably our best shooter when healthy? And also one player who plays with heart on the court.
We probably wont be able to retain him, but if we manage to keep him on QO, him playing a contract year for his last decent contract, would be like winning the lottery...
I know all the love Americans give to players who owned college but busted in the NBA ( T-Rob), but I would hate if we chose T-Rob over Mirza, because T-Rob does not add ANYTHING to the team, whereas Mirza adds shooting which we really need.

I agree shooting is important, especially the need for stretch fours in this new NBA but Robinson adds rebounding, shot blocking and athleticism. He's the best Plumlee replacement on the market that we can afford and we badly need to address that. We've been a poor rebounding for two years.

I don't think it will necessarily mean we have to choose between Mirza or Robinson since he's more of a Center.
Antti22
Senior

Post#10 » by Antti22 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 8:11 am

I agree that we need a backup center, badly. But T-Rob is awfully undersized for that role. In case Thad Young loses time to injury, T-Rob will not be a good replacement for him IMO. And in case Lopez goes down, he wont be a good replacement for him either due to size.
At the 4 spot, Mirza atleast brings that quality and potential to be a worthy replacement for it. Providing spacing for Brook to work down low ( We are still hoping he plays more near the rim and less on the set-shots outside???? ) .

Im not that opposed to adding T-Rob as a bargain bench player, but I dont think we can afford to lose Mirza. Spacing is extremely important and at the moment he would be the only bench player, atleast in the frontcourt, providing that. Even our backup backcourt players dont do much of that, and hoping to get shooters on min contracts is really not a good hope ( RHJ as much as ive heard, is not a shooter, AT ALL. Cory Jefferson is not a shooter, Jack is not a shooter. Karasev - I really dont know what to make of him, but not a shooter.) .
I am repeating myself already, but I say again: we cannot lose any shooters we might have, we have no possibility to replace them.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#11 » by Trader_Joe » Thu Jul 2, 2015 2:37 pm

Antti22 wrote:

Weird... I missed where I gave any praise to T.Rob, a player I've been dismissing on here the last couple days as I don't think he can fill in at PF like some do, and I think he's too undersized to play C. Instead I do see where I said I think we can expect him to be added.

As for Mirza I said "stuck" because it seems no one is offering him that kind of money and his extra $4m is a hell of a lot more than $4m when you factor in the luxury tax. It may force us to make additional concessions we don't want to make regarding payroll. As for shooting.. yes he "can" shoot, but can he shoot well? He shot respectably from the field 1 out of 3 seasons. Is the chance he shoots respectably this season worth his lack of defense, rebounding and massive tax bill? I'm not so sure. If anything it seems you may have the bias here, not me.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#12 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 2:54 pm

we need bigs... hoping to land Biyombo on the cheap, bring back Jordan would be cool with me, try out McGee(what do we lose?), is Aldrich a FA?.... someone.... anything....

i'm for the trade with plumlee but we are playing with fire with no backup/insurance to Lopez IMO.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Zachbretton
Rookie
And1: 322

Nets 15-16 Roster To Date 

Post#13 » by Zachbretton » Thu Jul 2, 2015 3:16 pm

I think it's a lock we bring in TRob, he's said in an interview lately that he's not playing for money anymore but pride and to show he can be better. The Nets and TRob have mutual interest and I agree I think he's the best Plumlee replacement, and has a bit more athleticism and can rebound at a better rate. TRob is the perfect prospect to be under Hollins, so overall I think we add him.

The only other problem we have is finding anther shooter because we lack that overall. Hopefully we can swing the JJ trade and get back Lee and Green, who are at least somewhat of shooters. If we get VC as well that would be great to have such an awesome Vet presence back

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Antti22
Senior

Post#14 » by Antti22 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 3:43 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:
Antti22 wrote:

Weird... I missed where I gave any praise to T.Rob, a player I've been dismissing on here the last couple days as I don't think he can fill in at PF like some do, and I think he's too undersized to play C. Instead I do see where I said I think we can expect him to be added.

As for Mirza I said "stuck" because it seems no one is offering him that kind of money and his extra $4m is a hell of a lot more than $4m when you factor in the luxury tax. It may force us to make additional concessions we don't want to make regarding payroll. As for shooting.. yes he "can" shoot, but can he shoot well? He shot respectably from the field 1 out of 3 seasons. Is the chance he shoots respectably this season worth his lack of defense, rebounding and massive tax bill? I'm not so sure. If anything it seems you may have the bias here, not me.

I admit, I have a bias towards Mirza. And I am sure he can be one of the shooters we truly need and during last season I believe that the condition he had, affected him A LOT even before it was diagnosed.
I know that 4 mill on the payroll means a lot more for us after taxes. But the question is, how do you replace him with cheaper contract? Its not the 4 mill we are talking about, but if he doesnt take that 4 mill, we need to replace him with a player who makes vet min or mMle, that is either 1 mill or 3,3mill. So the potential saving here is only either 3 mill ( + tax saving) or around 1 mill ( + tax saving). And on top of that, if we get someone on mMle to replace his position on the team, he will probably be WORSE (considering the going rate of players this offseason, crazy) AND not an expiring contract ( usual deal is 3 years/10 mill as it seems), which means we get a player who is probably worse and eats into our cap following years, JUST TO REPLACE instead of adding in some other place of need, or just saving it.

Mirza-s QO is the smallest part in our potential tax bill, considering that whatever we do, we also need to fill the roster. If it is Mirzas contract or someone elses, the difference is quite small to be honest.

From what I have read, Nets consider T-Rob more of a 5 than 4, and if he comes here at vet min just to gain his respect back ( as he himself said). Then im all for it, but that has nothing to do with the belief that Mirza staying here on QO would be like hitting the jackpot for this team, not euromillions jackpot, but maybe like Bingo.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#15 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:38 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:— Is Thad $12.5mil straight or is it $11.2mil in the first year and escalating each year?

details arent out yet.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#16 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:40 pm

Antti22 wrote:

robinson would add rebounding, something we currently have none of at PF.

im all for mirza being back on a 1 year deal for the reasons you mentioned, but if he goes i wont lose sleep over it, he has basically wasted every chance he has gotten here and been a minor disappointment.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#17 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:44 pm

I'm perfectly fine if we go into the season with a big rotation of:

Brook, Thad, Jordan, robinson, CJ

I think Jordan is at least an average backup C. we have kind of been spoiled here with Blatche and even Plumlee at times. if you look at what most teams have at starting center its ugly, let alone backup center. i think jordan is fine as long as brook can give us 34 minutes a night.

i like trob, i think he would be a good fit here. doesnt need the ball, rebounds, active on both ends. again not a great player but i think he is a rotation big
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#18 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:51 pm

I would like Jordan to stay on as well. I just haven't heard anything from NETs camp in regards to this...

thus my "panicking" of a backup C/Big
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#19 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 2, 2015 7:07 pm

updated to include larkin
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#20 » by SpeedyG » Thu Jul 2, 2015 8:25 pm

Is that info about Thad's 4th year being a TO confirmed?
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09

Return to Brooklyn Nets