ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: KD & Westbrook outduel Thad & Brook

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Re: PG: KD & Westbrook outduel Thad & Brook 

Post#121 » by jbeachboy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:20 am

cant wait for trade deadline or dec 15th when they can trade joe and the rest of the guys
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,897

Post#122 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:16 am

Guys no one is trading for Joe Johnson.

Would you???
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Net Sentence
Veteran
And1: 334

Post#123 » by Net Sentence » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:30 pm

Happy Thanksgiving guys, you are all my second Brooklyn fam. It's my first time hosting and my fiance is driving me nuts already. Enjoy your day.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,072

Post#124 » by Dirk » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:20 pm

Joe Johnson looked extra old in this game. So many bad turnovers. Larkin has been growing and becoming reliable, just like Bogdanovic has been shrinking and looking like a scrub, what a nosedive in form. Basically other than JJ and BB, everyone else seems to be showing consistency which bodes well for when the schedule 'softens'. The Nets schedule is ridiculous. Next game, Cavs? Jeez.
60/21/10
Net Sentence
Veteran
And1: 334

Post#125 » by Net Sentence » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:40 pm

Hollins needs to test the Larkin / Jack backcourt. We desperately need 3pt shooting and Larkin is currently the best 3pt shooter on the team. Jack is the 2nd best. He doesnt have to start Larkin but he should be the first guy off the bench but for Joe not Jack.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#126 » by jbeachboy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:48 pm

why not try donald sloan or markel brown? ellington, karasev are awful, joe looks very old this season and needs to come off bench. if no one trades for joe, just ride his contract out. i think some team might fall for joe as a bench guy for a playoff team. id take a second round pick even if its the last or they can give a trade exception or money. there will be some teams that will want to unload some players.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#127 » by jbeachboy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:49 pm

bogdanovic, ellington, and karasev need to be gone by the trade deadline. hopefully joe johnson too. hopefully jarrett jack ups his trade value as well. larkin has looked much better and confident.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: GT: Brooklyn Nets @ Oklahoma City Thunder - Nov 25th, 8:00 PM YES Network 

Post#128 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:48 pm

[YouTube][/YouTube]
MrDollarBills wrote:thad is making prok eat crow. Thad is BALLING

What's our record?

My point was never that Thad was terrible, it was that he was irrelevant. He was never going to prevent us from being awful ... He doesn't have star impact like that, which isn't his fault.

Most here said we needed him because we would suck without him.

I'd still take cap space over him. He is a role guy not a franchise piece you build around. Good player, works hard. But really just a role guy probably more suited as a super sub
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#129 » by Prokorov » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:56 pm

Joe Johnson is washed up trash, bogs and Ellington has struggled, but can we stop acting like Sloan and markel are Frazier and Monroe or something were they should be getting minutes and would change the outcome

Sloan is third string garbage who chucks and brown should be a dleaguer

Until 3 nets fans can agree on a lineup for more then a week bashing hollins for his is silly.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#130 » by jbeachboy » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:44 pm

Prokorov wrote:Joe Johnson is washed up trash, bogs and Ellington has struggled, but can we stop acting like Sloan and markel are Frazier and Monroe or something were they should be getting minutes and would change the outcome

Until 3 nets fans can agree on a lineup for more then a week bashing hollins for his is silly.

no one is saying those sloan and markel are good, but at least brown is young and is active defensively and his offensive game was improving, also sloan was decent filling in for pacers last year and can score and pass. i just wanted them to get a chance than the old garbage of joe, ellington, bogs stinking it up each night with no confidence, karasev, etc.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#131 » by Prokorov » Wed Dec 2, 2015 4:46 pm

jbeachboy wrote:
Prokorov wrote:Joe Johnson is washed up trash, bogs and Ellington has struggled, but can we stop acting like Sloan and markel are Frazier and Monroe or something were they should be getting minutes and would change the outcome

no one is saying those sloan and markel are good, but at least brown is young and is active defensively and his offensive game was improving, also sloan was decent filling in for pacers last year and can score and pass. i just wanted them to get a chance than the old garbage of joe, ellington, bogs stinking it up each night with no confidence, karasev, etc.

were like 15 games in and hollins has already used what, 11 or 12 pkayers?

brown and sloan and trash. and even still hollins has proven he will give guys like that a chance if others arent working. but you cant just change your lineup every 3 games especially this early in the season. ellington looks to be improving and his shot is starting to fall. with vets like him you need to give them time and there numbers usually even out. you cant just bench them for d-leagues 12- or 15 games in

Return to Brooklyn Nets