ImageImageImageImageImage

C-Mac - The Chris McCullough Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

The Official Chris 'C-Mac' McCullough Thread 

Post#221 » by Paradise » Thu Oct 6, 2016 5:50 pm

Yeah, it's a little crazy to label him anything right now. He hasn't even experienced half of an NBA season let alone a 82 game schedule. This technically will be his rookie season. He needs slow development. He's still learning the game.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: The Official Chris 'C-Mac' McCullough Thread 

Post#222 » by ChokeFasncists » Thu Oct 6, 2016 8:42 pm

If he can get his head and heart straight, what could be his ceiling?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Paradise

Post#223 » by Paradise » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:33 pm

This is what we've been waiting to see.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#224 » by Prokorov » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:40 pm

the expectations on this guy were always unfairly high on this board.... We had no picks for a bit and he was taken 30th during a run where all we had was second rounders. it wasnt just him... lets not forget the hype surrounding markel brown and cory jefferson as well. we had zero youth or athleticism, so the second anyone under 24 who could dunk was on the roster the hype train took off.

he didnt play much in college, is super young, his body has a LONG way to go, he is just "ok" everywhere without a real plus skill. he is a year or two away from being evaluated to see if he can play in the league.

Also, we know talent can come from the dleague, but i wouldnt put alot of stock in dleague results... lets not forget tyrod taylor and toko shengelia where the stockton and malone of D-league dropping 30/10 games like it was going out of style
Paradise

Post#225 » by Paradise » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:24 pm

What does one have to do with the other? That was in 2012 lol. The players who allowed Toko and Tyshawn to look that good aren't even in the D-league lol

Reggie Jackson, Dennis Schroeder, Clint Capela, Norman Powell and a lot more starting players in this league have been assigned to the D-league and got better after spending time there.

The results are Chris showed us flashes of his talent level in a full game without floating or taking plays off. It's about getting him to play so consistent and smart in the D-league that it transfers to when he's inserted into a real game. This knock on the D-league having a lack of legitimacy while every team in the league is looking to add their own D-league franchise for player development makes absolutely no sense.

He tore his ACL before he had a breakout performance for Syracuse. 18/10 in a convincing win is a huge boost for his confidence and maturation.

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#226 » by Prokorov » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:30 pm

Paradise wrote:What does one have to do with the other? That was in 2012 lol. The players who allowed Toko and Tyshawn to look that good aren't even in the D-league lol

Reggie Jackson, Dennis Schroeder, Clint Capela, Norman Powell and a lot more starting players in this league have been assigned to the D-league and got better after spending time there.

The results are Chris showed us flashes of his talent level in a full game without floating or taking plays off. It's about getting him to play so consistent and smart in the D-league that it transfers to when he's inserted into a real game.

This knock on the D-league having a lack of legitimacy while every team in the league is looking to add their own D-league franchise for player development makes absolutely no sense.

your missing my point... they are doing the right thing with CmC. he will see more time there and its better for his development... since as mentioned he is alot further behind then this board has hyped him... mostly due to us be anxious to have young players since we havent had good ones in a long time.

as far as dleague results, again... im not going to put a ton of stock in those. they arent worthless, but its also not very telling. sure guys who played well in the dleague have found roles in a few instances. then again tons of guys who killed it in dleague havent been able to. the dleague MVP list outside of frazier who looks good early this year its not a pretty list.

the point isnt that dleague is worthless or he cant improve there. thats the opposite of what im saying. im more talking about putting to much stock on his stats from there.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#227 » by NyCeEvO » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:28 pm

Prokorov wrote:the expectations on this guy were always unfairly high on this board....

When management repeatedly put forth the notion that CMC was a lotto pick who only fell to 30 due to injury, it's easy for fans to believe that we should see "lotto-level talent" when he's healthy.

Expectations were high because management under King put them that high. I don't blame the fans for drinking King's koolaid.

he didnt play much in college, is super young, his body has a LONG way to go, he is just "ok" everywhere without a real plus skill. he is a year or two away from being evaluated to see if he can play in the league.

Until I see him set a half decent screen, I won't be impressed. Setting picks are so fundamental to freeing up your teammates and creating misdirection. If he can't do those things, he can't play.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#228 » by jbeachboy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:36 pm

Prokorov wrote:the expectations on this guy were always unfairly high on this board.... We had no picks for a bit and he was taken 30th during a run where all we had was second rounders. it wasnt just him... lets not forget the hype surrounding markel brown and cory jefferson as well. we had zero youth or athleticism, so the second anyone under 24 who could dunk was on the roster the hype train took off.

Also, we know talent can come from the dleague, but i wouldnt put alot of stock in dleague results... lets not forget tyrod taylor and toko shengelia where the stockton and malone of D-league dropping 30/10 games like it was going out of style

there was hype for markel and cory, i missed that hype here. we also had no draft picks that year and bought 3

haha tyrod taylor of bills we had.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#229 » by jbeachboy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:36 pm

correction, mccullough was 29th pick!
Paradise

Post#230 » by Paradise » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:08 am

13 Points, 6/9 FG, 3 Rebounds, 1 Assist, 2 Blocks, + 2 in 12 minutes.

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,911

Post#231 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:56 pm

Not bad. I liked that he put the ball on the floor for attacks for two of those scores.

I love what the staff is doing with him. He is getting constant reps.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#232 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:10 pm

His nickname should be Yo-Yo.

Constantly being dragged between LI n BKN lol.....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#233 » by jbeachboy » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:52 pm

he had some michael jordan switch from right hand to left last night.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#234 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:42 pm

Good offensive moves last night. Now let me see some legit picks!
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#235 » by DeRoma » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:24 am

NyCeEvO wrote:Good offensive moves last night. Now let me see some legit picks!

That, cutting to the basket, and playing above the rim.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach

Post#236 » by jbeachboy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:20 am

cant read too much into it in garbage time.
Paradise

Post#237 » by Paradise » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:18 am

jbeachboy wrote:cant read too much into it in garbage time.

The game was garbage time at the end of the 1st quarter :lol:

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,911

Post#238 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:02 pm

jbeachboy wrote:cant read too much into it in garbage time.

Disagree. You can still gauge individual improvement. I saw some things from him that I didn't see back in the summer.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Paradise

Post#239 » by Paradise » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:03 pm

Chris McCullough vs Canton: 21 Points (8-19), 4 Rebounds, 2 Assists, -19 in 33 minutes.

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#240 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Dec 2, 2016 6:45 am

It seems like he is showing some potential in rebounding.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Brooklyn Nets