ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets at Sixers - Feb 6th 7:30pm

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Re: GT: Nets at Sixers - Feb 6th 7:30pm 

Post#21 » by Ror1997 » Sun Feb 7, 2016 7:35 am

Well, at least Markel Brown was awesome. If his jumper shows up consistently, then we have a 2 way player who can come off the bench.

If this is the work of the new shooting coach, then I hope RHJ can show similar improvement.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#22 » by Prokorov » Sun Feb 7, 2016 2:21 pm

I guess Tony brown should have made them shoot 3s better last night. :roll:

pretty inexcusable loss. or at least a pretty inexcuseable effort. sixers took it to us and we turtled big time. Lopez has all the ability to dominate okefor like he has dominated the last few games... yet only 11 FGA? guys throwing away the ball like they are playing hot potato. larkin just straight trying to throw games if i didnt know any better. joe clearly busted his nut vs the kings, and decided why bother tonite. i guess "ton" didnt ask much of him this game?

kings game was fools gold. karl doesnt value defense and that kings team wasnt interested in playing hard(probably trying to get karl fired too).

in the long run it doesnt matter, but would have been nice to see this team show some pride and put together a couple wins
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
And1: 359

Post#23 » by jbeachboy » Sun Feb 7, 2016 2:22 pm

start markel brown over ellington now!
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

GT: Nets at Sixers - Feb 6th 7:30pm 

Post#24 » by Paradise » Sun Feb 7, 2016 6:26 pm

Here's hoping he can continue to improve his shot.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeYQHLYy8nc&sns=em[/youtube]
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#25 » by Prokorov » Sun Feb 7, 2016 6:40 pm

Paradise wrote:Here's hoping he can continue to improve his shot.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeYQHLYy8nc&sns=em[/youtube]

i dont know that there is evidence that he has improved his shot. I mean i know he hit a few threes last night, but his shooting percentages are down at every single range except for 16-22 feet.

Field goal percentages by distance and the drop off/improvement from last year:

0-3 feet: down 29.1% from last year
3-10 feet: down 14.8% from last year
10-16 feet: down 11.1% from last year
16-22 feet: up 5,4% from last year
three point: down 4.1%
overall: down 4.7%

he is shooting 31.5% from the field. his 3 point shooting is still well under 30%.

im not saying he cant get better. or wont get better this year. and its a small sample so its not a ton to go by.... but i dont really see anything that suggests he has improved to this point. if you want to say he has gotten better as the season has gone along... well january he played the most minutes and games of any month. and it was his worth shooting month of the year.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#26 » by DarkXaero » Sun Feb 7, 2016 8:17 pm

Supposedly Markel Brown spent all summer working on improving his jumper. Until yesterday, we had only seen regression in his overall game this season. Hopefully, yesterday's performance gives him more confidence & consistency in his shot.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#27 » by shakendfries » Sun Feb 7, 2016 8:49 pm

DarkXaero wrote:Supposedly Markel Brown spent all summer working on improving his jumper. Until yesterday, we had only seen regression in his overall game this season. Hopefully, yesterday's performance gives him more confidence & consistency in his shot.

well put
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,079

Post#28 » by Dirk » Mon Feb 8, 2016 4:12 pm

Prokorov wrote:I guess Tony brown should have made them shoot 3s better last night. :roll:

pretty inexcusable loss. or at least a pretty inexcuseable effort. sixers took it to us and we turtled big time. Lopez has all the ability to dominate okefor like he has dominated the last few games... yet only 11 FGA? guys throwing away the ball like they are playing hot potato. larkin just straight trying to throw games if i didnt know any better. joe clearly busted his nut vs the kings, and decided why bother tonite. i guess "ton" didnt ask much of him this game?

kings game was fools gold. karl doesnt value defense and that kings team wasnt interested in playing hard(probably trying to get karl fired too).

in the long run it doesnt matter, but would have been nice to see this team show some pride and put together a couple wins

Of course it was fools gold. Look at the Kings yesterday, the Celtics scored 74 points in the first half. :lol:

I only watched this game(fourth quarter) now... and omg... what a collapse at the end of the game. The Sixers did their best to help the Nets with constant fouls that gave them free throws, then the Nets return the favor and go on two have two turnovers. Their scrub PG had the game of his career...

It's tough to win when the PG can't even get a hand-off or dribble the ball up the court. It's just a shame that the Nets manage to have lower IQ than the Sixers, like Bogdanovic with a ridiculous foul on a 3 point attempt late in the game. Pretty inexcusable, the Sixers don't know how to finish games, but here come the Nets and they manage to win a tight game.

Nuggets game is winnable if Joe Johnson does what Ton wants. :)
60/21/10
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,902

Post#29 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:29 pm

Maybe if Brown's minutes become consistent, those numbers will improve? I mean, i'd want to see what we have in this guy once and for all. Ellington is a scrub and will be gone next year. Bojan is too old to be this inconsistent.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#30 » by Prokorov » Mon Feb 8, 2016 9:20 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Maybe if Brown's minutes become consistent, those numbers will improve? I mean, i'd want to see what we have in this guy once and for all. Ellington is a scrub and will be gone next year. Bojan is too old to be this inconsistent.

yea, consistent minutes can only help him.

Return to Brooklyn Nets