ImageImageImageImageImage

'16-17 Trade Thread / In Season Pickups

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Re: '16-17 Trade Thread / In Season Pickups 

Post#1121 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:29 pm

I don't especially see the point in saving all kinds of cap space for trades. There are going to be tons of teams with readily available cap going forward you're not going to see nearly as many of the old type of trades where you can just trade pure cap for good first round picks.

The bottom line is we're going to have cap and Marks is going to spend it.

Once again, after we strike out on big time RFA's I want legit plus value starters on this roster, not a smorgasbord of solid 20mpg journey men being asked to overextend themselves on a barren roster, in turn burning themselves out and looking ineffective in the process.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#1122 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:35 pm

Ror1997 wrote:Yeah, I'm down for Jaylen Brown and a first for brook. I'd prefer this years first over next but oh well. Jaylen might've been a reach at the #3 pick, but he was still lotto level talent and has good potential and might be the best prospect we could get back for Brook anyway.

Jaylen Brown is like the absolute top of the value range for Brook and even that is probably a reach.

Forget Brown AND picks.

If you can get Brown and salary filler for Lopez, you do it and yell out, "No take backs!", as loud as you can.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#1123 » by Paradise » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:39 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:Yeah, I'm down for Jaylen Brown and a first for brook. I'd prefer this years first over next but oh well. Jaylen might've been a reach at the #3 pick, but he was still lotto level talent and has good potential and might be the best prospect we could get back for Brook anyway.

Jaylen Brown is like the absolute top of the value range for Brook and even that is probably a reach.

Forget Brown AND picks.

If you can get Brown and salary filler for Lopez, you do it and yell out, "No take backs!", as loud as you can.

Brown/Zeller would be cool. LeVert/Brown is a beautiful combo to build around.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#1124 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:46 pm

Paradise wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:

Forget Brown AND picks.

Brown/Zeller would be cool. LeVert/Brown is a beautiful combo to build around.

Agreed.

Maybe, maybe... maybe, maybe, maybe... I could see Marks saying to Ainge, Lopez/RHJ/you keep our pick and your pick this year, for Brown, salary filler and our pick returned in 2018, or at least put permanent top 10 protection on it.
shakendfries
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,063

Post#1125 » by shakendfries » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:47 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:http://www.inquisitr.com/3893654/nba-trade-rumors-lopez-celtics-johnson-brown-nets/

I don't care if the Cs go to the finals(lol), if it gets us back our pick DO IT!!!!

I actually dont care for jaylen brown(didn't like that pick TBH at 3) but so be it....

Read on Twitter

is this the source they used for the article? :noway: Nets fans are getting desperate
ImageImage

"Kevin Durant is not coming to the Nets. If I'm wrong, I will change my avatar to anything you request no matter how humiliating it is." - MrDollarBills, 10/22/18
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#1126 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:54 pm

shakendfries wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:http://www.inquisitr.com/3893654/nba-trade-rumors-lopez-celtics-johnson-brown-nets/

I don't care if the Cs go to the finals(lol), if it gets us back our pick DO IT!!!!

I actually dont care for jaylen brown(didn't like that pick TBH at 3) but so be it....

Read on Twitter

is this the source they used for the article? :noway: Nets fans are getting desperate

Forget the "rumor" and the "source", but I could see some real life traction to Brown/salary filler for Lopez and maybe RHJ.

No picks involved at all, or maybe even some protection put on 2018's, ir even turn it into a swap option.

But yeah, I could see Ainge going for that type of deal and Lopez if he strikes out on the huge names.
twosevenstreet
Senior
And1: 168

Post#1127 » by twosevenstreet » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:18 pm

I wouldn't even ask for our pick in return.

I'd do Brook for Amir + Brown + 2019 Memphis 1st. (protected 1-8 in 2019 (conveyable if Memphis conveys a 1st round pick to Denver in 2017); 1-6 in 2020 (conveyable if Memphis has conveyed a 1st round pick to Denver by 2018); unprotected in 2021)
Spread Em and Dead em.
-Sad DLO is gone
-Allen will become LobCity DJ
-Kyrie will be top 3 for MVP if we get to 50+ wins, he will average 27ppg, 7apg, shooting 50-40-90
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#1128 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:30 pm

Any deal with Boston, I'm asking for our pick back...
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#1129 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:39 pm

I dont care how unrealistic it is lol... i want me pick back!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#1130 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:44 pm

twosevenstreet wrote:
Wraps_fan wrote:I'd like Booker from you guys :)

For what?

Are you giving up Poetl + Powell?
Poetl + 2017 1st?
2017 Clips 1st + 2017 Toronto 1st?

Shoot I'd do the following
Brook + Booker for 2017 Clips 1st + Jonas + Ross
Bogs for Bruno

Toronto rotation:
Lowry - Cory
DeRozan - Bogs - Powell
Carroll - Bogs
Booker - PPat
Brook - BeBe

This rotation gives Cleveland a run for their money. Carroll and Booker give you two good to great defenders who can guards LBJ. Brook stretches out the defense for DeRozan. Bogs brings shooting same as Ross.

For the Nets its all about that Clips pick and getting serviceable guys in Jonas + Ross
Keep it simple. I'll take Joseph for Booker.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

'16-17 Trade Thread / In Season Pickups 

Post#1131 » by Paradise » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:49 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
twosevenstreet wrote:
Wraps_fan wrote:I'd like Booker from you guys :)

For what?

Poetl + 2017 1st?

Bogs for Bruno

Toronto rotation:
Lowry - Cory
DeRozan - Bogs - Powell
Carroll - Bogs
Booker - PPat
Brook - BeBe

This rotation gives Cleveland a run for their money. Carroll and Booker give you two good to great defenders who can guards LBJ. Brook stretches out the defense for DeRozan. Bogs brings shooting same as Ross.

For the Nets its all about that Clips pick and getting serviceable guys in Jonas + Ross

Yeah, I'd do Booker for Joseph/Poetl.

Wraps_fan
Analyst
And1: 5,735

Post#1132 » by Wraps_fan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:14 pm

Paradise wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
twosevenstreet wrote:
For what?

Poetl + 2017 1st?

Bogs for Bruno

Toronto rotation:
Lowry - Cory
DeRozan - Bogs - Powell
Carroll - Bogs
Booker - PPat
Brook - BeBe

I'd easily do Booker for Joseph + Bruno + 2nd round pick.

We literally have 3 guys capable of playing backup PG in Joseph, Wright and VanVleet
KlicKlac
Analyst
And1: 331

Post#1133 » by KlicKlac » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:23 pm

Wraps_fan wrote:
Paradise wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:Keep it simple. I'll take Joseph for Booker.

We literally have 3 guys capable of playing backup PG in Joseph, Wright and VanVleet

That sounds good. Especially since it looks like Nets will sign Acy, who would replace Booker's role.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#1134 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:37 pm

Joseph has the Marks-Langdon San Antonio connection. I would think he's a good fit, but they would have a strong, experienced opinion one way or another. I'm just not sure how Toronto trading away a Toronto born player would go over.

As with Thad Young last year, Brooklyn & Toronto are logical trading partners, with us having a PF that is a good fit on a reasonable deal. That means nothing will happen.
Wraps_fan
Analyst

Post#1135 » by Wraps_fan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:49 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:Joseph has the Marks-Langdon San Antonio connection. I would think he's a good fit, but they would have a strong, experienced opinion one way or another. I'm just not sure how Toronto trading away a Toronto born player would go over.

As with Thad Young last year, Brooklyn & Toronto are logical trading partners, with us having a PF that is a good fit on a reasonable deal. That means nothing will happen.

The difference is the Nets were asking for Ross and our 9th overall pick for Thad lol
TheNetsFan
Head Coach

Post#1136 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:00 pm

Wraps_fan wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:Joseph has the Marks-Langdon San Antonio connection. I would think he's a good fit, but they would have a strong, experienced opinion one way or another. I'm just not sure how Toronto trading away a Toronto born player would go over.

The difference is the Nets were asking for Ross and our 9th overall pick for Thad lol

Ross's contract is not that enticing. I wouldn't be surprised if Marks asked for one of your low first rounders this year in a deal for Booker, or both in a deal for Lopez. I'm not sure about the fit of Lopez for Toronto though, although he does give you another scorer.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,911

Post#1137 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:52 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
shakendfries wrote:

Read on Twitter

Forget the "rumor" and the "source", but I could see some real life traction to Brown/salary filler for Lopez and maybe RHJ.

No picks involved at all, or maybe even some protection put on 2018's, ir even turn it into a swap option.

But yeah, I could see Ainge going for that type of deal and Lopez if he strikes out on the huge names.

Why should we give up RHJ in a deal where we don't get our pick back?

That's a Billy King trade where we sweeten the pot for the trading partner for no reason

Lopez should be yielding us something IDEALLY, not us giving up prospects in the process.

IMO <---
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,911

Post#1138 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:54 pm

Wraps_fan wrote:
Paradise wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:Keep it simple. I'll take Joseph for Booker.

Damn all of that for Booker? Okay :nod:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Wraps_fan
Analyst

Post#1139 » by Wraps_fan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:58 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Wraps_fan wrote:
Paradise wrote:Yeah, I'd do Booker for Joseph/Poetl.

Damn all of that for Booker? Okay :nod:

Sarcasm or no? Hard to tell on discussion boards.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#1140 » by Claud » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:05 pm

With Rudy Gay going down, do you guys think Bogdanovic for WCS would be plausible?
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z9uwlpg

thoughts?

Return to Brooklyn Nets