Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Lorenzomax7
Rookie
And1: 243

Re: Preseason Finale: NY Knicks in Brooklyn - Thursday, 7:30pm NBA TV / MSG 

Post#461 » by Lorenzomax7 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:14 am

hood30 wrote:
GoodDayLa wrote:
Pistolpete1947 wrote:Start Harris or Bojan and have Foye play PG for the 2nd unit.

I completely agree.

What's obvious to fans is never obvious to the front office.

Well it's obvious to the front office but whomever vouched for Vasquez & Bennett can't admit to themselves these are non performers on the court. They are killing the second unit...

This team needs some junkyard dog big men. I'm not sure why Marks didn't even get 1 or 2 guys like that. The closest is Booker.

We'll continue to see Vasquez at PG. We all know it. It's like the Nets don't want to save themselves. Vasquez would for sure sulk if Randy Foye became backup PG.

Hamilton and Scola cannot play together ever against good teams. That's another huge black hole. You need a mobile big to cover for the others guys incompetency especially on defense. Through pre-season practice, it probably was not obvious in team practice where slow & sometimes finesse Brook is guarding slow Scola and finesse Hamilton and vice versa so the mobility and hustle of someone like Kyle O'quinn owning Hamilton or Whiteside killing Hamilton in a real game is lost upon the team till you see it play out.

You can only get away with those 2 playing together along with Vasquez against the Lakers or Kings second unit, basically the 5-6 bad teams in the NBA.

This team needs a physical mobile backup big for change of pace and pair with the bench bigs who are currently slow or soft or both. It's not hard to get a 6 foot 9 guy with some physicality and movement who can't play a lick of offense.

If the coaches don't change and keep these lineups they've been running, it's over.

The coaches need to dilute the athleticism between the 1st and 2nd unit or make key 1st unit guys workhorses with the second unit unless Marks picks up some cut guys from other teams. Or they should stagger Foye w/ Lin and let Foye play backup PG when Lin sits. And bring in Skil with Lin later and let Foye get a blow.

The bench 5 of Vasquez, Harris, Bojan, Scola, Hamitlon is probably by miles the most unatheltic and predictably bad NBA bench in the entire NBA. You cannot hide their lack of mobility and athleticism. It's like each guy compounds the shortcomings of the other 4 guys. That is like the showest bench in the NBA by far. You have to hide them with more athletic teammates and then they start to look great.

Luckily this was all pre-season and I suspect we will see Kenny play away from these issues (so I hope).

Agree with about everything on here..Firstly, Harris or Bogs need to start ahead of Foye to balance out the scoring in the first unit which is too much Lin...

The first unit has good defense but could use some court spacing and Foye hasn't really done much for me..He's not enough of a threat offensively.

Too many players on the first unit are liability on the offensive end..RHJ, Booker and Foye....All 3 may not even average in double digit in point...too much pressure on Lin/Lopez to score.

Also, I fully agree that Hamilton/Scola should not see too many minute together, but as I've stated, best way this will be accomplished is by increasing Lopez's minutes during the regular season and slightly decreasing the minutes of Both Scola Hamilton...Bennett should only see minutes when the game is no longer in contest.

As for Vasquez, I also agree, although less..He did pick up 8 assist and he does make safe lateral passes, but he's also terrible on defense and way too slow..Doesn't get no penetration..Reminds me of last year Knicks's Jose Calderon..smart veteran who will not make too many mistake but too safe and too slow and a liability on defense.

I'd rather give Vasquez minutes to Whitehead or Yogi..If this is really about development, let Whitehead/Yogi play 15mpg and increase Lin's minutes to 35mpg.

PRESEASON @ nbawowy

Lin-Foye-RHJ-Booker-Lopez
----------------------------------------
Points Per Play: 1.226 GREAT O
Opponent PPP: 0.981 GOOD D
Net: +0.245

Lin-Bogie
----------------------
PPP: 1.277 GREAT O
OPPP: 0.957 GREAT D
Net: +0.280

Lopez-Bogie
----------------------
PPP: 1.455 EXTRAORDINARY O
OPPP: 1.409 NOOOO D
Net: +0.046

Lin-Bogie-Lopez
----------------------
PPP: 1.588 CRAZY O
OPPP: 1.471 NOOOO D
Net: +117
Watch NBA since 1998. Huge fan of A.C. Fiorentina, Spurs & Tim Duncan, Yao Ming & Linsanity, Brooklyn & Coney Island. Former Brooklyn Chinese resident.

Return to Brooklyn Nets