ImageImageImageImageImage

Season Opener: Nets @ Boston - Wednesday, 7:30pm YES Network

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,910

Re: Season Opener: Nets @ Boston - Wednesday, 7:30pm YES Network 

Post#61 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:06 am

jbeachboy wrote:celtics are favored to win by 14 points.

nope. not touching that one.

The Nets are way too hard to predict vs that many points against a divisional opponent imo.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
GoodDayLa
Junior
And1: 45

Post#62 » by GoodDayLa » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:08 am

Even the Warriors look like the preseason Nets tonight. Let's give the Nets 5 games to get their act together before we go overboard.
KlicKlac
Analyst
And1: 331

Post#63 » by KlicKlac » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:08 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
jbeachboy wrote:celtics are favored to win by 14 points.

nope. not touching that one.

The Nets are way too hard to predict vs that many points against a divisional opponent imo.

Pretty much this. I am avoiding posting any W/L predictions due to the Nets being so unpredictable.
gafun
Junior
And1: 35

Post#64 » by gafun » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:22 am

jbeachboy wrote:anyone think kilpatrick or harris starts over bojan tomorrow?

Harris please. He has the speed for motion offense , good shooter, great passer, know how to cut.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#65 » by Paradise » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:55 am

Watching Jonathan Simmons has me excited for what Marks/Atkinson can do for Rondae's offense and Kilpatrick's defense in this adopted Spurs culture. Simmons is literally DeMarre Carroll 2.0.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#66 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:10 am

GoodDayLa wrote:

Unless Kenny sandbagged the entire preseason, Harris or Kilpatrick will start tomorow and they keep brining Bojan off the bench. If Bojan starts, it means Kenny figured it out or was sandbagging and I'll be very excited for this team's prospects.

Bojan should start and punish small Thomas all game long until Stevens is forced to go small to expose the Net's lack of athleticism which is what he did in the 2nd game on the road.

If Bojan starts, you just post him on Bradley & IT to start like how Klay Thompson does the small guys the same way on the block.

Bradley is a far superior offensive player than Bogs, let alone defensively, he'd have no chance.

And Bojan isn't good enough to be an iso gunner. He's best off movement, catch and shoot, cuts, team play, triple threat.

Bogs certainly didn't get his points off just C&S in the Olympics. (not saying he's an iso gunner) Just give it a try.

Harris and SKil are both good shooters.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
GoodDayLa
Junior
And1: 45

Post#67 » by GoodDayLa » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:25 am

ChokeFasncists wrote:
GoodDayLa wrote:

Unless Kenny sandbagged the entire preseason, Harris or Kilpatrick will start tomorow and they keep brining Bojan off the bench. If Bojan starts, it means Kenny figured it out or was sandbagging and I'll be very excited for this team's prospects.

Bojan should start and punish small Thomas all game long until Stevens is forced to go small to expose the Net's lack of athleticism which is what he did in the 2nd game on the road.

If Bojan starts, you just post him on Bradley & IT to start like how Klay Thompson does the small guys the same way on the block.

Bradley is a far superior offensive player than Bogs, let alone defensively, he'd have no chance.

And Bojan isn't good enough to be an iso gunner. He's best off movement, catch and shoot, cuts, team play, triple threat.

Bogs certainly didn't get his points off just C&S in the Olympics. (not saying he's an iso gunner) Just give it a try.

In my opinion, Bogs got almost all his points in the Olympics off catch and shoot and triple threat drives or drives off over rotation closeouts. He had teammates getting him the ball in good positions.
charich
Freshman
And1: 5

Post#68 » by charich » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:41 am

lin 28p 8a 7r 2s 4t
nets win by 8
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#69 » by Prokorov » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:15 pm

jbeachboy wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
jbeachboy wrote:

you visiting boston or vacationing there?

i live/work here (cambridge, MA) moved from bergen county NJ in 98 to go to northeastern univ. and stayed here ever since.

prok, what do you work as out there ?

IT Consultant
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#70 » by Prokorov » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:17 pm

hood30 wrote:
GoodDayLa wrote:
Prokorov wrote:-Because Bojan is terrible defensively and we dont want to be last in defense again
-because bojan works best with the ball not off it and being the primary option. so staggering him and lin makes sense

you need vets for a rebuilding team. they provide stability. otherwise you end up like philly, who even with tons of top 3 picks is stilla giant mess. if foye cant hit open shots, you put in harris. but foye deserves shot

I really disagree on how to use Bojan. He looks best off ball and not on it in my opinion. I personally do not want him handling the ball out top much if ever.

Staggering Bojan and Lin is a horrible idea to me personally.

I would play Lin and Bojan together as much as possible. You want to use Lin to hit Bojan on movement and kick it out to Bojan for target practice when Lin is doubled or the D over rotates. Bojan in turn is a big shot maker and he help legitimately spread the floor. Bojan has cajones and you need that & helps the team. You want to minimize Bojan handling the ball except on triple threat closeouts where Bojan can either shoot or drive, which is the type of positioning Lin specializes in giving his teammates.

It's fun to see these discussions. It's neat how 2 people can see the exact opposite though both persons watch the same thing very carefully.

I completely disagree with your ideal usage of Bojan almost to the T. I think Bojan could be the #1 or #2 scorer of this team shooting a high percentage if he was utilized the way I suggested together with Lin. I get the defensive concerns, but I'm just talking about offense here.

Small sample size, but I'm pretty sure the crappy defender combo of Lin Bojan & Brook Lopez were a Net positive rating in that Knicks game. It's no aberration.

Agree with you GoodDayLA...The defensive argument against starting Bojan is not a strong one because Foye himself is no better, from what we've seen in preseason...Foye is also 6'2, so he'll give up on average 3-4 inches every night..then the fact that he's 33 and is in clear decline.

Also, you want Bojan to play alongside Lin instead of apart because Lin's strength is to attack the rim and he could use Bojan pedigree as a shooter to keep defenders from collapsing into the lane to stop Lin.

So playing Bojan alongside Lin makes more sense than not...Bojan is more of a catch-N-shoot player instead of a guy that create his shot off the dribble...You need him to simply spread the floor..You can't do that with Foye.

But the strongest argument for starting Bojan is the fact that the starting unit do not have enough scorers..Booker and RHJ are both liability when it comes to scoring and Bojan scoring ability would be crucial to support Lin/Lopez..You just can't count on Foye to hold his weight when it come to scoring and keeping defenses honest.

This motion offense need shooters but the starting unit can only count on Lin as an average 3PT shooter

its a statistical fact that foye isnt just better defensively, but light years better defensively. its really not a question of who is better
Pistolpete1947
Pro Prospect
And1: 143

Post#71 » by Pistolpete1947 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:41 pm

Today is day one of........ NETSANITY!!!!

Go Nets!!
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,910

Post#72 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:51 pm

Prokorov wrote:
hood30 wrote:
GoodDayLa wrote:
I really disagree on how to use Bojan. He looks best off ball and not on it in my opinion. I personally do not want him handling the ball out top much if ever.

Staggering Bojan and Lin is a horrible idea to me personally.

I would play Lin and Bojan together as much as possible. You want to use Lin to hit Bojan on movement and kick it out to Bojan for target practice when Lin is doubled or the D over rotates. Bojan in turn is a big shot maker and he help legitimately spread the floor. Bojan has cajones and you need that & helps the team. You want to minimize Bojan handling the ball except on triple threat closeouts where Bojan can either shoot or drive, which is the type of positioning Lin specializes in giving his teammates.

It's fun to see these discussions. It's neat how 2 people can see the exact opposite though both persons watch the same thing very carefully.

I completely disagree with your ideal usage of Bojan almost to the T. I think Bojan could be the #1 or #2 scorer of this team shooting a high percentage if he was utilized the way I suggested together with Lin. I get the defensive concerns, but I'm just talking about offense here.

Small sample size, but I'm pretty sure the crappy defender combo of Lin Bojan & Brook Lopez were a Net positive rating in that Knicks game. It's no aberration.

Agree with you GoodDayLA...The defensive argument against starting Bojan is not a strong one because Foye himself is no better, from what we've seen in preseason...Foye is also 6'2, so he'll give up on average 3-4 inches every night..then the fact that he's 33 and is in clear decline.

Also, you want Bojan to play alongside Lin instead of apart because Lin's strength is to attack the rim and he could use Bojan pedigree as a shooter to keep defenders from collapsing into the lane to stop Lin.

So playing Bojan alongside Lin makes more sense than not...Bojan is more of a catch-N-shoot player instead of a guy that create his shot off the dribble...You need him to simply spread the floor..You can't do that with Foye.

But the strongest argument for starting Bojan is the fact that the starting unit do not have enough scorers..Booker and RHJ are both liability when it comes to scoring and Bojan scoring ability would be crucial to support Lin/Lopez..You just can't count on Foye to hold his weight when it come to scoring and keeping defenses honest.

This motion offense need shooters but the starting unit can only count on Lin as an average 3PT shooter

its a statistical fact that foye isnt just better defensively, but light years better defensively. its really not a question of who is better

Foye was plus DRAPM right?

if Foye can shoot to his career % we'd be fine. His shot was off in preseason.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#73 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:11 pm

Brook Lopez Show tonight?

The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#74 » by Claud » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:15 pm

Finally after a long summer today is the day... hopefully we can get a W tonight. Lin/Bojan/RHJ/Booker/Lopez need to be our starters.

Going back to yesterday's games.. J.Simmons would have been a solid piece for us to have now. An athletic wing that can score is exactly what we need... Billy King... the gift that keeps on giving am I right?>

ISO Joe was really good last night for the Jazz..they lost but JJ was huge for them. Perfect role for him off the bench.

K-Leonard is an absolute beast... we all know how hard he's worked to become a good shooter but this summer you can tell he has improved and tightened his handles...Spurs are effing lucky. Top 3-5 player in the league easily. The Ws looked off sync... 7 new players will do that... maybe KD chose the wrong place? I agree with Chuck in that the Ws will win a lot of game but if they have to go against a BIG team like the Clippers, Spurs in the playoffs they will struggle in a 7 game series due to lack of rebounding and poor bench.

Going back to the Nets... tonight I don't want Lopez to play as if he was Pero Antic... Stop taking 3s and kill them inside pls.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#75 » by Paradise » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:11 pm

The SG decision...

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#76 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:13 pm

Joey Buckets at the 2?.... i guess i'd prefer Harris starting thus leaving Bogie off the the bench with some form of reliant scoring/play.
The ModFather

Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#77 » by Ror1997 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:19 pm

I started a new job today and I can already tell I'll need a nap before the game lol
Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#78 » by Born_Ready » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:22 pm

Not really sure what to expect from the Nets. All I ask is that this season not showcase inconsistent 3rd quarters. It needs to be a thing of the past.
OKC Thunder fan, too.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#79 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:32 pm

Ror1997 wrote:I started a new job today and I can already tell I'll need a nap before the game lol

Congrats on the new job!
The ModFather

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#80 » by ChokeFasncists » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:51 pm

GoodDayLa wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:
GoodDayLa wrote:

In my opinion, Bogs got almost all his points in the Olympics off catch and shoot and triple threat drives or drives off over rotation closeouts. He had teammates getting him the ball in good positions.

AND is the keyword here. They probably don't want him driving so much in the starting lineup. He can't score a lot on the opposing NBA starters driving but there's a chance from the bench. Likewise with D, he won't be able to guard most opposing starting offensive wings but should do OK against opposing bench wings. And then he can get more minutes depending on matchups.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Brooklyn Nets