Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Re: Nets Acquire Thornton, Nicholson, 2017 1st For Bogdanovic 

Post#181 » by Ror1997 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:40 pm

Jagger-meister wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
Jagger-meister wrote:
I like Nicholson, I was big on him when he came out, but he is 27 already. If we can get the production he showed last year in Orlando the I will be thrilled with the acquisition. I'm hoping Vaughn had a good relationship with him and can snap him out of his funk. The thing that worries me about him the most is that as soon as he signed his big contract with Washington, his production imploded. This is my biggest concern in the NEW NBA. I am terrified of the Larry Sanders type of player who is only doing this for the money. If that's the case then we got fleeced.

The other thing I am concerned with is that he can be a black hole. I love his post moves but if he forces shots up every time he touches the ball he will be a negative on the floor.

One thing is for certain, I like him a hell of a lot more then Booker. He is the type of PF I wanted after Marks traded Thad. If we can trade Booker at the draft that would be great. We have too much money and spots tied up on mediocre PFs who really can't play any other position. Dump Booker and get a SF/PF type in the off-season.

We got a first round pick and a project for Bogs. We didn't gef fleeced. Regardless of what type of production we get from Nicholson because he was more of a throw in then he was a trade target.

Bogs AND McCullough. McCullough was a first rounder himself. The only way he was included in my opinion is because Vaughn probably vouched for Nicholson. This is common practice in the NBA as seen with the Lin/Atkinson relationship.

Ok. So you're saying he was a throw in but you're saying we got fleeced for acquiring him? Your argument doesn't hold up. If you want to be angry about trading Cmc, that's fine. Dont make up reasons to be angry.
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Post#182 » by Rockice_24 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:45 pm

Interesting how we are going to divide up the minutes. Booker, Nicholson, RHJ all deserve minutes at PF. McDaniels should get some at SF along with Harris and maybe spot time for RHJ. Levert, Skil and Harris are going to be getting time at SG.

Unless we plan on going small with Booker at C not sure how everyone is getting consistent minutes.

Lin/Whitehead
Levert/Skil
McDaniels/Harris
RHJ/Nicholson
Lopez/Booker

Maybe something like that or swap McDaniels to the bench for Harris?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,896

Post#183 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:50 pm

Rockice_24 wrote:Interesting how we are going to divide up the minutes. Booker, Nicholson, RHJ all deserve minutes at PF. McDaniels should get some at SF along with Harris and maybe spot time for RHJ. Levert, Skil and Harris are going to be getting time at SG.

Unless we plan on going small with Booker at C not sure how everyone is getting consistent minutes.

Lin/Whitehead
Levert/Skil
McDaniels/Harris
RHJ/Nicholson
Lopez/Booker

Don't forget Dinwiddie. That guy was playing out of his mind in the last two games. He definitely has earned a chance to see if he can build on those performances.

I like running Booker as a small ball 5 because then we can switch on every screen. I like having Lin/LeVert/McDaniel/RHJ as a unit because we can really play some good defense with that group i think.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Post#184 » by Rockice_24 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:54 pm

^^ Yep forgot about him. Maybe Whitehead takes a back seat in the D-league at PG to continue his development?
Ror1997
Analyst

Post#185 » by Ror1997 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:37 pm

Well Dinwiddie and Whitehead will still get a good amount of minutes as Lin eases himself back into playing time. If dinwiddies hot streak continues, maybe he starts alongside Lin.

Dinwiddie/Lin/Whitehead
Lin/LeVert/McDaniels
LeVert/RHJ/Harris
Booker/RHJ/Nicholson/Acy
Lopez/Hamilton/Acy

There's your 12 man rotation.
bokoli
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#186 » by bokoli » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:32 pm

It's my patriotic duty to respond to bojan hate. No worries, one and done. He's a cheap euro guy seventh in rotation. He will be good in that role. He will play beter defense with less minute. Not many of those can get you 20 in regular season and 15 in playoff.. You needed him to be MJ which was redicoulus and He got hated for it. Your team sucks and you are not gettin 10-15 pick for lopez. Bojan is build for a bench guy wich gives him value. Brook is build for a star, awful star..
twosevenstreet
Senior
And1: 168

Post#187 » by twosevenstreet » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:47 pm

bokoli wrote:It's my patriotic duty to respond to bojan hate. No worries, one and done. He's a cheap euro guy seventh in rotation. He will be good in that role. He will play beter defense with less minute. Not many of those can get you 20 in regular season and 15 in playoff.. You needed him to be MJ which was redicoulus and He got hated for it. Your team sucks and you are not gettin 10-15 pick for lopez. Bojan is build for a bench guy wich gives him value. Brook is build for a star, awful star..

The F are you talking about???

No one HATED Bogs, he just sucks on defense. He was a fun guy to have around because could explode at any moment and go for 30+.

I suggest understanding basketball before coming for our necks.
Spread Em and Dead em.
-Sad DLO is gone
-Allen will become LobCity DJ
-Kyrie will be top 3 for MVP if we get to 50+ wins, he will average 27ppg, 7apg, shooting 50-40-90
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#188 » by Claud » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:52 pm

bokoli wrote:It's my patriotic duty to respond to bojan hate. No worries, one and done. He's a cheap euro guy seventh in rotation. He will be good in that role. He will play beter defense with less minute. Not many of those can get you 20 in regular season and 15 in playoff.. You needed him to be MJ which was redicoulus and He got hated for it. Your team sucks and you are not gettin 10-15 pick for lopez. Bojan is build for a bench guy wich gives him value. Brook is build for a star, awful star..

Bojan is an expiring contract and we had no intention to give him 10m plus as the market would suggest. I would say the majority of Nets fans appreciated Bojan's hard work and professionalism. The truth is, however, Bojan is and has always been a one dimensional player. He is a very solid offensive player but is abysmal defensively by every conceivable metric. On a winning team he would never be a starter unless surrounded by defensive minded beasts. As a 6th/7th man off the bench he should be fine because he would play mostly against bench players.

Not one person expected him to be MJ... Not sure where you got the from :crazy:
Yes, we absolutely do suck because the previous regime dug us in a very deep hole, however, our current management is already starting to get things situated and we are starting to climb out of said situation. Slowly but surely in a few years we will get there. The Knicks in the other hand are a circus of a franchise and currently in free-fall. The only positive thing is the unicorn Porzingis but the Knicks refuse to give him the keys to the franchise not to mention he's currently injured.

Spare me the bull.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#189 » by vincecarter4pres » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:00 pm

Who knows, maybe we'll ink him to an offer sheet this summer, a la Jankees and Chapman... :lol:
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#190 » by TheNetsFan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:58 am

Rockice_24 wrote:Interesting how we are going to divide up the minutes. Booker, Nicholson, RHJ all deserve minutes at PF. McDaniels should get some at SF along with Harris and maybe spot time for RHJ. Levert, Skil and Harris are going to be getting time at SG.

Lin/Whitehead
Levert/Skil
McDaniels/Harris
RHJ/Nicholson
Lopez/Booker

I see Nicholson having more potential as backup C than PF going forward, possibly overtaking Hamilton next year.
brook
Senior
And1: 115

Re: RE: Re: Nets Acquire Thornton, Nicholson, 2017 1st For Bogdanovic 

Post#191 » by brook » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:14 am

Jagger-meister wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
Jagger-meister wrote:
I like Nicholson, I was big on him when he came out, but he is 27 already. If we can get the production he showed last year in Orlando the I will be thrilled with the acquisition. I'm hoping Vaughn had a good relationship with him and can snap him out of his funk. The thing that worries me about him the most is that as soon as he signed his big contract with Washington, his production imploded. This is my biggest concern in the NEW NBA. I am terrified of the Larry Sanders type of player who is only doing this for the money. If that's the case then we got fleeced.

The other thing I am concerned with is that he can be a black hole. I love his post moves but if he forces shots up every time he touches the ball he will be a negative on the floor.

One thing is for certain, I like him a hell of a lot more then Booker. He is the type of PF I wanted after Marks traded Thad. If we can trade Booker at the draft that would be great. We have too much money and spots tied up on mediocre PFs who really can't play any other position. Dump Booker and get a SF/PF type in the off-season.

We got a first round pick and a project for Bogs. We didn't gef fleeced. Regardless of what type of production we get from Nicholson because he was more of a throw in then he was a trade target.

Bogs AND McCullough. McCullough was a first rounder himself. The only way he was included in my opinion is because Vaughn probably vouched for Nicholson. This is common practice in the NBA as seen with the Lin/Atkinson relationship.

I think Marks would trade CmC because don't value him and Chris have a guaranteed for next year. You need to open spot and Thornton is an expiring.
Nicholson is just a filler and a salary dump for the Wizards. Maybe we can try to use him a backup C because Hamilton don't work anymore.

Atkinson said we can use two point guard together, so we have Lin, Dinwiddie, Whitehead, LeVert, McDaniels, Harris and Kilpatrick for the spot 1, 2 and 3, RHJ and Booker to PF, Acy and Nicholson against Hamilton for backup C. I Expect to don't see Foye and Scola anymore.

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#192 » by TheNetsFan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:21 am

All you need to know about Marks' view of CMC is that he signed journeyman Acy, before calling up CMC. Supposedly, Marks attends most of the LI Nets home games, so you'd have to assume he has sound reason behind his judgement.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,896

Post#193 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:19 am

No one hated Bojan, I thought that most opinions on here about him were fair and honest. The guy is an awesome shooter and i thought he played hard, but he was a horrible, low IQ defender. It is what it is, I don't have any ill feelings towards the guy and I'm happy he's on a good team. Bojan, like pretty much every guy on this team was likable and easy to root for.

he played poorly tonight for the Wizards, but you'll have to expect that was just a case of nerves.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Jagger-meister
Junior
And1: 49

Post#194 » by Jagger-meister » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:44 pm

Ror1997 wrote:
Jagger-meister wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:

Ok. So you're saying he was a throw in but you're saying we got fleeced for acquiring him? Your argument doesn't hold up. If you want to be angry about trading Cmc, that's fine. Dont make up reasons to be angry.

Do me a favor, work on your reading comprehension skills then back to me when you reference what I wrote properly.
Jagger-meister
Junior

Post#195 » by Jagger-meister » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:53 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:All you need to know about Marks' view of CMC is that he signed journeyman Acy, before calling up CMC. Supposedly, Marks attends most of the LI Nets home games, so you'd have to assume he has sound reason behind his judgement.

Once again for those who don't understand, CMC just turned 22. You are bashing him based on his production as a 20 and 21 Year old. Of course Acy is going to get minutes over him, CMC isn't ready to play NOW. When he will be ready to play is probably 2 more years in fact when this team will actually be good. That's why it's called development. It's not what you get from him now, it's what you get from him when he puts on 20 pounds.

In 2 Years Nicholson will be 29 and still under contract. If Nicholson doesn't work out then we lose the trade. Pretty easy to follow. There is no question who the best player now is that was involved in the trade, Bogdanovic. If McCullough reaches his potential, it will look really bad. I have always thought he had the highest upside because he had promise both offensively and defensively. I don't like that we gave him up for such a MEH trade.
Ror1997
Analyst

Post#196 » by Ror1997 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:48 pm

Jagger-meister wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
Jagger-meister wrote:

Do me a favor, work on your reading comprehension skills then back to me when you reference what I wrote properly.

Do me a favor and defend your argument if you're going to post so many unpopular opinions. But until you're able to actually defend your irrational anger towards moves other people have no problem with, then everyone is just going to assume you're creating your own reasons to be angry. We've seen posters like that before. They weren't popular, and they went MIA.
Ror1997
Analyst

Post#197 » by Ror1997 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Jagger-meister wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:All you need to know about Marks' view of CMC is that he signed journeyman Acy, before calling up CMC. Supposedly, Marks attends most of the LI Nets home games, so you'd have to assume he has sound reason behind his judgement.

Once again for those who don't understand, CMC just turned 22. You are bashing him based on his production as a 20 and 21 Year old. Of course Acy is going to get minutes over him, CMC isn't ready to play NOW. When he will be ready to play is probably 2 more years in fact when this team will actually be good. That's why it's called development. It's not what you get from him now, it's what you get from him when he puts on 20 pounds.

In 2 Years Nicholson will be 29 and still under contract. If Nicholson doesn't work out then we lose the trade. Pretty easy to follow. There is no question who the best player now is that was involved in the trade, Bogdanovic. If McCullough reaches his potential, it will look really bad. I have always thought he had the highest upside because he had promise both offensively and defensively. I don't like that we gave him up for such a MEH trade.

This trade isn't about Nicholson. This trade isn't about Cmc. They were both throw ins.

This trade is about acquiring a first round pick. The nets set out to get an extra first round pick (which isn't stated at all in your argument) , and they successfully did so. Nicholson was NOTHING more than filler. Nicholson could be the absolute worst player on the team and nobody would give a **** because he was filler. The real prize is successfully acquiring a second first round pick in the draft. Instead of developing Cmc for 2 more years so we can essentially have a 25 year old rookie in 2019 (that's your argument, not mine), we get to try again and draft a better, and younger prospect.

You're crying about filler and completely ignoring that we acquired a first round pick. A pick that is 1000x more valuable than Cmc. Don't open up your argument by saying other people dont understand what's going on, and follow it up by saying Nicholson is the deciding factor of the trade, and not even acknowledge the first the nets acquired. That just proves you're the one who's confused.
Jagger-meister
Junior

Post#198 » by Jagger-meister » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:05 pm

Ror1997 wrote:
Jagger-meister wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:

Do me a favor and defend your argument if you're going to post so many unpopular opinions. But until you're able to actually defend your irrational anger towards moves other people have no problem with, then everyone is just going to assume you're creating your own reasons to be angry. We've seen posters like that before. They weren't popular, and they went MIA.

I'm not a politician, I don't change opinions based on how "popular" it is. You completely misquoted me and the IF I put in the conditionAL statement about getting fleeced. You also disregard the the two paragraphs I wrote about how I actually like Nicholson. The problem being is if he pulls a Larry Sanders.

If you can't take a different view on the trade then maybe you shouldn't post.
Ror1997
Analyst

Post#199 » by Ror1997 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:29 pm

Jagger-meister wrote:
Ror1997 wrote:
Jagger-meister wrote:

I'm not a politician, I don't change opinions based on how "popular" it is. You completely misquoted me and the IF I put in the conditionAL statement about getting fleeced. You also disregard the the two paragraphs I wrote about how I actually like Nicholson. The problem being is if he pulls a Larry Sanders.

If you can't take a different view on the trade then maybe you shouldn't post.

I don't care what you like and what you don't like. What I have a problem with is you thinking this trade is about Nicholson and not solely about acquiring a first round pick. Its not a matter of opinion, its a fact.
Jagger-meister
Junior

Post#200 » by Jagger-meister » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:31 pm

Ror1997 wrote:
Jagger-meister wrote:

This trade isn't about Nicholson. This trade isn't about Cmc. They were both throw ins.

This trade is about acquiring a first round pick. The nets set out to get an extra first round pick (which isn't stated at all in your argument) , and they successfully did so. Nicholson was NOTHING more than filler. Nicholson could be the absolute worst player on the team and nobody would give a **** because he was filler. The real prize is successfully acquiring a second first round pick in the draft. Instead of developing Cmc for 2 more years so we can essentially have a 25 year old rookie in 2019 (that's your argument, not mine), we get to try again and draft a better, and younger prospect.

You're crying about filler and completely ignoring that we acquired a first round pick. A pick that is 1000x more valuable than Cmc. Don't open up your argument by saying other people dont understand what's going on, and follow it up by saying Nicholson is the deciding factor of the trade, and not even acknowledge the first the nets acquired. That just proves you're the one who's confused.

First off, Nicholson isn't just a throw in. He's the 4th highest paid player on the team with the longest commitment. McCullough is still on his very team friendly rookie contract. We are not comparing apples to apples here so please don't tell me they were thrown ins.

The pick is in the mid 20s. That's not incredibly valuable to me. McCullough could have been in this draft and would have most likely gone higher then the pick we are getting for him. We are basing his improvements vs men in their mid 20s. If he stayed in school and played vs guys his own age, he would be talked of in much higher regards. I can easily equate MCCULLOUGH = the Washington pick. You are assuming we are getting a finished product with the Washington pick when it's likely neither McCullough or the pick will be ready until 2019. We could have just given them the two best pieces in the trade. All in the meanwhile taking back a bloated contract in Nicholson if he doesn't pan out.

The other problem from a macro level is that we now have 15.5 million in 17-18 committed to Booker and Nicholson, neither of whom are starting quality PF. That means we will either avoid PFs in free agency and start one of these guys or, even worse, we sign a PF in free agency and our 3rd string PF gets paid north of 6.5 million. Neither is an efficient strategy.

So instead of trying to using inflammatory language like saying I'm crying about this or that my opinions aren't popular while inferring that I will be banned for going against the group think, why don't you grow up. I have clearly written well thought out rationale as to why I feel the way I do. You don't have to like it or agree with it. I'm OK with that.

Return to Brooklyn Nets