ImageImageImageImageImage

Brooklyn’s SwagDaddy - The DeMarre Carroll Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Brooklyn’s SwagDaddy - The DeMarre Carroll Thread  

Post#1 » by Paradise » Sun Jul 9, 2017 5:30 am

35% 3pt shooter with Toronto. Best 3&D vet since Alan Anderson.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
KlicKlac
Analyst
And1: 331

Re: Welcome to Brooklyn - The DeMarre Carroll Thread 

Post#2 » by KlicKlac » Sun Jul 9, 2017 5:43 am

Seems like he stopped caring during his time with the raptors after his knee injury and getting paid. Raptor fans are ecstatic to get rid of him. Can he regain some of his talent from when he was with atlanta?
DartboardT
Junior
And1: 53

Post#3 » by DartboardT » Sun Jul 9, 2017 5:52 am

Solid rotation for the 3 and 4 now, between LeVert, Carroll, RHJ and Booker?
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#4 » by Keith Van Horn » Sun Jul 9, 2017 5:54 am

I remember going to a Hawks Nets game a couple years back and this dude was scorching us from 3 for like a 10 minute run.

Welcome to the Nets!
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#5 » by Keith Van Horn » Sun Jul 9, 2017 5:55 am

Great move in a sense that Levert doesn't have to be thrown right into the fire and has a vet to really learn the trade from. I'm hoping he starts next season at the 3 for us and we give levert his 25mpg off the bench as 6th man.
DartboardT
Junior
And1: 53

Post#6 » by DartboardT » Sun Jul 9, 2017 5:57 am

I guess that depends on who the starting 2 is. For now, it's still Dloading, but the Marksman ain't done yet, is he?
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#7 » by Claud » Sun Jul 9, 2017 6:08 am

I'm praying Kenny can work his magic... I think our motion offense will fit DMC's game better compared to the Raps Iso ball system.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#8 » by DarkXaero » Sun Jul 9, 2017 6:13 am

Make no mistake, he was dreadful for Raptors. I'm not sure how much that has to do with his personal attitude (after getting paid) or his injury issues. Maybe both. But I'm hoping Kenny can utilize him like the Hawks did and get the best out of him.
Fiktion
Sophomore
And1: 133

Post#9 » by Fiktion » Sun Jul 9, 2017 6:19 am

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/demarre-carroll-raptors-thank-you-atlanta-hawks/

The biggest reason why I was able to play my best basketball in Atlanta is because of the organization’s player development. All of the coaches worked hard to make every guy on this roster better, and they deserve a lot of credit for our team’s improvement this year.

Kenny Atkinson pushed me to take my game to another level.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#10 » by Paradise » Sun Jul 9, 2017 6:27 am

Keith Van Horn wrote:I remember going to a Hawks Nets game a couple years back and this dude was scorching us from 3 for like a 10 minute run.

Welcome to the Nets!

It was only two years ago. Time flies.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
JayJayFor3
Junior
And1: 75

Post#11 » by JayJayFor3 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 7:49 am

Maybe reuniting with Coach Kenny Atkinson will revitalize and motivate him back to a good player again for the Nets. If not we still got a first round pick out of it.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#12 » by Papi_swav » Sun Jul 9, 2017 8:13 am

Will never forget, he was the best player in the series we had against the Hawks 2 years ago, we had no answer for him and he kept Joe Johnson limited
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: RE: Re: Welcome to Brooklyn - The DeMarre Carroll Thread 

Post#13 » by NyCeEvO » Sun Jul 9, 2017 10:34 am

DarkXaero wrote:Make no mistake, he was dreadful for Raptors. I'm not sure how much that has to do with his personal attitude (after getting paid) or his injury issues. Maybe both. But I'm hoping Kenny can utilize him like the Hawks did and get the best out of him.

I'm expecting nothing from him. He's been terrible with the Raptors. Any semblance of good play will be a pleasant surprise. The picks are the best part of this deal.

Sent from my SM-N900T using RealGM mobile app
Kaiser30
Senior
And1: 172

Re: RE: Re: Welcome to Brooklyn - The DeMarre Carroll Thread 

Post#14 » by Kaiser30 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 11:25 am

NyCeEvO wrote:I'm expecting nothing from him. He's been terrible with the Raptors. Any semblance of good play will be a pleasant surprise. The picks are the best part of this deal.

Yeah that should be the mindset going into the season.

I'm super happy with both dumps Marks has executed, but mainly because we were able to get DLo and two picks in next years draft. Any production we get from Carroll and Mozgov will only serve as a nice bonus. Nevertheless, I'm quite happy that both are actually able to fill a need on the roster (Mozgov as a reliable big body while Allen is not ready yet and Carroll as a real SF who can shoot) and are not a complete waste of roster spots like Nicholson has been since being traded to the Nets.
Born_Ready
Veteran
And1: 476

Post#15 » by Born_Ready » Sun Jul 9, 2017 12:35 pm

I'm optimistic only because Kenny Atkinson would have had to cosign this move, because he feels like he may be able to get the most out of Carroll at this stage of his career.

My expectations for DeMarre to perform at a near all-star level (like his Hawks tenure) is held in check/minimum at best. I do want Carroll to come in and be able to defend with the quality minutes allotted, but not expected to be an offensive threat. If Marks is still going after Caldwell-Pope there should be plenty of scoring options which means DeMarre is on the floor for his defensive role and that's it.

All in all nice haul. Props to Marks and company for pulling it off. And, welcome to the grit family, DeMarre.
OKC Thunder fan, too.
oldjim
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#16 » by oldjim » Sun Jul 9, 2017 12:51 pm

very good defense . just hope his 3pt is back
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#17 » by Prokorov » Sun Jul 9, 2017 1:00 pm

Love this dude. perfect guy to have as a mentor.

played in the system'
'an example off what you can become with hard work
developed a ton after 25 years old
hard worker

on the floor i dont think 9/4/3 on 35% shooting and ok defense is out of the question.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,069

Post#18 » by Netaman » Sun Jul 9, 2017 1:55 pm

Prokorov wrote:Love this dude. perfect guy to have as a mentor.

played in the system'
'an example off what you can become with hard work
developed a ton after 25 years old
hard worker

on the floor i dont think 9/4/3 on 35% shooting and ok defense is out of the question.

That's basically what he did last year in a down year from all his career averages so definitely not out of the question. It also looks like whatever system they were running wasn't his friend. In less minutes, his 3PAr went way up and he just wasn't a good enough shooter to sustain his career %. Also his assist rate and 2PA's went down in Toronto so I assume that's partially a result of what he was asked to do. Good news is his defense last year seems to be on par with his career. I don't think it's unrealistic his numbers bounce up a little next year just getting back in a system that fits more. Also realistically, he will probably get closer to 30mpg again next year.

As much as Toronto fans think he sucked he would have led our current roster in WS and his WS/48 was better than KCP.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,826

Post#19 » by Rich Rane » Sun Jul 9, 2017 1:56 pm

The bar I will set for him is "somewhat serviceable". If he meets that, I'll consider him a success here.

Make no mistake this was all about the picks and since I hold second round picks I'm even lower regard than non lottery first round pick, this trade for me was all about the non lottery first round pick.
Ror1997
Analyst
And1: 911

Post#20 » by Ror1997 » Sun Jul 9, 2017 2:06 pm

We can use that second rounder and the Indy second rounder to move into the late first though, among other things.

Return to Brooklyn Nets