Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Re: GT: Knicks @ Nets 12/20 7:30 PM EST. I HATE NY 

Post#61 » by JoseRizal » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:04 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
JoseRizal wrote:
Dangun wrote:JC just looked at the stats and bridges 4-21 and 1-8 for threes wtf is going on with this guy smh .. enough with this number 1 option for this bum ass scrub .. just let him play his dam game so he can actually help the dam team smh

He's a glorified 3&D. Better to go back to playing tough D and off ball 3.

Let Cam be the #1 option while we're at this phase...

Have you checked Cam T's usage rate? It is top 10 in the NBA. He is already the number one option. This is the result. JV cannot possibly give him more of the ball that he already has.

Classic case of pick your poison. I'd rather run the offensive play through the more efficient CT, than Bricklyn Bridges.

It's more beneficial to leverage on a player's strengths (CT's offense & MB's 3&D), than force Mikal to be the #1 option.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,200

Post#62 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:11 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I had high expectations for a lot of players this year and they have mostly let me down:

Simmons:
What an utter joke. I can't believe I ever thought this guy could be an All Star player again. We can't even trade him until hes an expiring next year. Will be out of the NBA shortly.

Bridges:
Was incredible last year. And has not even been close. Clearly he is what we thought he was a nice role player. Can not be a #1 option at all.

Claxton:
Hes had enough time to put on weight and become an all star caliber player. At this point he just looks like an average Center and won't be worth the 100 million he will demand. His defense is simply not good enough and his offense isn't improving.

Dinwiddie:
He has nice flashes but hes simply not a starting caliber PG in the NBA. Hes best suited as a spark plug off the bench and he also isn't worth his contract. Offense is just inconsistent, shooting is bad and defense is just ok.

Cam J:
Hes been as advertised. A nice role player. Would be great on a contender. Still overpaid.

Cam T:
The main bright spot. Hes getting better and is an elite scorer. Sometimes seems like our only offense.

Spot on , I’m mostly disappointed in Bridges not that he isn’t solid 1st option , he never was but I expected a little bit more from him , maybe solid 2nd banana, he isn’t even that on most nights

If somebody told me last year that Sharpe could look better than Clax I would send this person straight to the shrink office , truth is he outplayed Clax on most nights , and it’s not because he is so amazing it’s that he improved and Clax stayed the same

CamJ and CamT I agree with you 100% , the same about Dinwidee
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#63 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:30 am

Dangun wrote:Ya acting all doomsday over this lose smh and the obsession with Mitchell here giving me knicks fans vibes. Mitchell here would make this team worse cause the dude is not a number 1 neither and is gonna chuck his way to stat pad records.. You really wanna trade for a number 1 then look elsewhere cause Mitchell is a number 2 and a better number 3

You know what this Mitchell talk reminds of ?

Reminds me of Knicks signing **** Kemba Walker and name him next best thing since sliced bread , clear cut no1 , a **** prophet of basketball, and we all saw how’s that ended

Instead of thinking outside the box and maybe possibly grab Markkanen and build from there , nope let’s put our all chips in the middle for Mitchell and become first round exit instead of play in team

It’s maddening honestly

But fish spoil from its head , first huge mistake was hiring Vaughn and then giving him extension when Udoka and Nurse was available , it’s one of Marks many mistakes he made in his time here , too many
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#64 » by Marvin Martian » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:45 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Dangun wrote:Ya acting all doomsday over this lose smh and the obsession with Mitchell here giving me knicks fans vibes. Mitchell here would make this team worse cause the dude is not a number 1 neither and is gonna chuck his way to stat pad records.. You really wanna trade for a number 1 then look elsewhere cause Mitchell is a number 2 and a better number 3

Reminds me of Knicks signing **** Kemba Walker and name him next best thing since sliced bread , clear cut no1 , a **** prophet of basketball, and we all saw how’s that ended

Instead of thinking outside the box and maybe possibly grab Markkanen and build from there , nope let’s put our all chips in the middle for Mitchell and become first round exit instead of play in team

It’s maddening honestly

But fish spoil from its head , first huge mistake was hiring Vaughn and then giving him extension when Udoka and Nurse was available , it’s one of Marks many mistakes he made in his time here , too many

Markkanen is not a foundation piece. He is just another one dimensional scorer that can't pass the ball like Cam T. Acquiring him is not thinking outside the box. That is doubling down on a system and philosophy that doesn't fit modern NBA basketball.
ChuckS
Bench Warmer
And1: 215

Post#65 » by ChuckS » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:57 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:
Markkanen is not a foundation piece. He is just another one dimensional scorer that can't pass the ball like Cam T. Acquiring him is not thinking outside the box. That is doubling down on a system and philosophy that doesn't fit modern NBA basketball.

There certainly have been a good number of point forwards, and perhaps we've been spoiled by guys like Draymond and LeBron. But I think it unfair to claim a power forward is one dimensional because he doesn't assist any more than a high usage ball dominant guard who also averages only one assist per. That is not a priority in a four's job description.

Lauri is a versatile 7 footer shooting 48/38/85%, with 8.6 Boards, 23 points, and his team is 11 points worse when he is off the floor. (I've ignored on court numbers because the Jazz have been so bad that every major contributor is negative in that measure.) I do not know if a "foundation piece" means near superstar, but I do believe we'd be substantially better with him in the lineup in any event.

I'm not sure if our recent woes are a result of the caliber of the opposition, fatigue, or the insertion of Cam into the dominant position in the lineup. But I am beginning to wonder. I do know that Mikal is not the mediocrity he has been made out to be during these last six games. I would be ready to see if a starting lineup of Spence, Mikal, CJ, Lauri, and Nic, would be as much better as I suspect, and if it would restore the confidence, competence, and cohesion we had most of the year. As I stated previously, though, I do recognize and appreciate Cam T's scoring prowess and still see him as a plus off of the bench. Anyway, per "RealGM wiretap" it seems like Mitchell might not even be available.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,972

Post#66 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:27 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

It’s maddening honestly

Youre underrating Mitchell. He was a #1 option on a team that was the #1 seed in the West. Hes been put in a **** situation in Cleveland.

We don't have our picks so we can't tank. Why not add an All star level player in the mean time?

Plenty of elite players will want to team up with Mitchell in the future.

Markkanen is simply not as good as Mitchell and never was. Plus the Jazz have no incentive to trade him and will ask for way too much.

Cleveland knows that Mitchell is leaving and have to trade him.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#67 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:54 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

It’s maddening honestly

Youre underrating Mitchell. He was a #1 option on a team that was the #1 seed in the West. Hes been put in a **** situation in Cleveland.

We don't have our picks so we can't tank. Why not add an All star level player in the mean time?

Markkanen is simply not as good as Mitchell and never was. Plus the Jazz have no incentive to trade him and will ask for way too much.

Yeah man I might underrate Mitchell I agree , I’m just trying to look at the big picture , to me Mitchell is often Kyrie without off court issues, he might have an amazing game or be invisible, mediocre game , he’s not the guy who delivers every night

But even let’s say he is upgraded Kyrie ( no off court issues ) plus a little bit more stable player , my next question is , where is the "Durant" who gonna join him ?

I don’t see it , I tried and I don’t see it , help me out :lol:

Adding Mitchell for a simple 5-8 more wins and first round exit not gonna cut it bro , I’m not anti Mitchell I just think is the wrong move and it’s not because of Mitchell , rather of what’s next when he is signed and we as a team gonna gut all our assets for him
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#68 » by TheNetsFan » Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:21 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

It’s maddening honestly

Yeah man I might underrate Mitchell I agree , I’m just trying to look at the big picture , to me Mitchell is often Kyrie without off court issues, he might have an amazing game or be invisible, mediocre game , he’s not the guy who delivers every night

But even let’s say he is upgraded Kyrie ( no off court issues ) plus a little bit more stable player , my next question is , where is the "Durant" who gonna join him ?

Adding Mitchell for a simple 5-8 more wins and first round exit not gonna cut it bro , I’m not anti Mitchell I just think is the wrong move and it’s not because of Mitchell , rather of what’s next when he is signed and we as a team gonna gut all our assets for him

Patience. Mitchell is one of the top young-ish players in the league. LeBron, Kawaii, KD, Giannis, AD, Curry, Dame... are or will be fading in a couple years, and Mitchell and others will be in their primes when that happens.

The key to a Mitchell or any other star trade is to not gut yourself of assets in the first trade. Either wait for free agency or get a player for a relatively low asset cost. If you empty the cupboard for one player, especially if that's not a top 5ish player, then you're in trouble.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Post#69 » by Keith Van Horn » Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:24 pm

this game was brutal btw. knicks just in a different place than us right now, and crazy thing is they can still go higher.

Bridges has just been brutal as of late. I hate to say he's not a 1a, but it's really not looking that way. I still think he's absolutely a guy worth hanging onto, but we need to add more to him
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#70 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:04 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

It’s maddening honestly

Kyrie without off court issues would have been great. I think with Mitchell, Bridges, Claxton we could be a tough 2nd round exit.

Who is the star who joins him? Who knows?

Could be Luka. Somebody will get mad and demand a trade.

Luka + Mitchell puts us back in business
Dangun
Pro Prospect
And1: 263

Post#71 » by Dangun » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:02 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

It’s maddening honestly

Why go after Mitchell who’s just another one dimensional scorer when we already got an 85% mitchell in Thomas who has a chance to become a better mitchell in couple years ? And the delusion is real up in here for even mentioning luka .. if luka n Kyrie don’t work, why would luka even be interested in the nets with another small guard in Mitchell as his robin again ? Mitchell is nowhere near miles ahead against kyrie, and imo kyrie is the better player.. my cuz in the same boat as yall “I hate my team cause we suck with no superstars” so I have this debate on the occasion and this fiendish act of instant gratification gotta chill, are we forgetting where that got the nets with the 3 stooges ? .. I’m in the boat of f these divas and just grow with the squad we got now because all the nets really need are complementary pieces around Thomas and bridges and imo the most important piece that’s missing is the center position.. I don’t think clax is it, if he had an outside shot he’s the missing piece that’s needed, but this guy is an inside player and he is weak at it. I like him as a bench type piece, not as a core piece and should be expendable. I’m constantly seeing “we need Mitchell” after nets lose .. did some of y’all became nets fans after they got the 3 stooges? I just don’t get why it’s so hard for supporting the cast we got now when the squad have a balanced record .. it’s not like we the pistons looking completely lost out there.. this squad is a couple pieces and a real coach away from being a playoff winning squad. Me personally, I want JV to stick around cause the players seem to synchronize with him and if I’m giving Thomas and bridges couple years then JV should get the same, but it seems there’s more peeps in the boat of just blowing everything up just to get some overrated players smh
Dangun
Pro Prospect

Post#72 » by Dangun » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:03 pm

Dam what a wall of text that was
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#73 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:18 pm

Dangun wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Why go after Mitchell who’s just another one dimensional scorer when we already got an 85% mitchell in Thomas who has a chance to become a better mitchell in couple years ? And the delusion is real up in here for even mentioning luka .. if luka n Kyrie don’t work, why would luka even be interested in the nets with another small guard in Mitchell as his robin again ? Mitchell is nowhere near miles ahead against kyrie, and imo kyrie is the better player.. my cuz in the same boat as yall “I hate my team cause we suck with no superstars” so I have this debate on the occasion and this fiendish act of instant gratification gotta chill, are we forgetting where that got the nets with the 3 stooges ? .. I’m in the boat of f these divas and just grow with the squad we got now because all the nets really need are complementary pieces around Thomas and bridges and imo the most important piece that’s missing is the center position.. I don’t think clax is it, if he had an outside shot he’s the missing piece that’s needed, but this guy is an inside player and he is weak at it. I like him as a bench type piece, not as a core piece and should be expendable. I’m constantly seeing “we need Mitchell” after nets lose .. did some of y’all became nets fans after they got the 3 stooges? I just don’t get why it’s so hard for supporting the cast we got now when the squad have a balanced record .. it’s not like we the pistons looking completely lost out there.. this squad is a couple pieces and a real coach away from being a playoff winning squad. Me personally, I want JV to stick around cause the players seem to synchronize with him and if I’m giving Thomas and bridges couple years then JV should get the same, but it seems there’s more peeps in the boat of just blowing everything up just to get some overrated players smh

Luka is more of a pipe dream than reality tbh
Dangun
Pro Prospect

Post#74 » by Dangun » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:24 pm

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Dangun wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

Luka is more of a pipe dream than reality tbh

Indeed.. I really don’t see dude ever leaving Dallas..
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#75 » by Hello Brooklyn » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:51 pm

Dangun wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

What exactly makes Mitchell one dimensional?

Hes a good passer and can be a good defender at times.

Thomas is not close to as good as Mitchell lol. If we want to rebuild then fine. But Bridges/Cam are too old to wait for Cam to develop at this point.

Nobody works with Kyrie LOL. Mitchell is not a lockeroom Cancer like Kyrie is. So the comparison is dumb.

Whats your master plan? Stick with this **** team and pray it gets better? It won't.

Thomas/Bridges isn't good enough. Sorry.
Dangun
Pro Prospect

Post#76 » by Dangun » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:20 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Dangun wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

What exactly makes Mitchell one dimensional?

Hes a good passer and can be a good defender at times.

Thomas is not close to as good as Mitchell lol. If we want to rebuild then fine. But Bridges/Cam are too old to wait for Cam to develop at this point.

Nobody works with Kyrie LOL. Mitchell is not a lockeroom Cancer like Kyrie is. So the comparison is dumb.

Whats your master plan? Stick with this **** team and pray it gets better? It won't.

Thomas/Bridges isn't good enough. Sorry.

I could call your take on Mitchell stupid too rn, but I didn’t so you need to reflect the same respect..

Cause he’s just a suped up Thomas and his D is beyond trash (lol can be good at times, you don’t get to choose when you wanna defend and when you wanna take a break smh) and his passing ain’t miles ahead of Thomas.. he’s basically worse than Thomas if anything

Cam can literally become the current Mitchell next year or two and that’s why I said give him two years to see if he could surpass Mitchell’s deficiencies.. your problem is you’re in a rush to win rn so you and alike just see names and immediately go “we need to get them” and go blind to what we got now. You’re also not realizing do any of these players even wanna be here, and also the fact if we’re trading it takes two to tango..

I don’t have a master plan cause anything I say here won’t come into fruition.. I’m just supporting the cast we got now cause I like what I see. IMO its actually a solid squad that just needs couple pieces and go from there..

This spacing should be a easier read now lol

Edit: when and where have you heard kyrie being a locker room cancer in Dallas ? Seems like they working out no probs over there rn.. and are you calling him a cancer just because dude didn’t wanna take the vax?

Return to Brooklyn Nets