Tonight is the new beginning of that W streak
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Re: GT: Nets @ Blazers 1/17 10PM EST 

Post#2 » by Stone » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:46 am

Scoots real name is Sterling?

A lot of unnecessary turnovers Lonnie Walker is a difference maker out there
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,231

Post#3 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:55 am

Dangun wrote:Tonight is the new beginning of that W streak

What W streak ?
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:56 am

It’s so crowded here tonight
JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Post#5 » by JoseRizal » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:27 am

As expected, another loss... blow this team up!
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,886

Post#6 » by Karate Diop » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:29 am

I'm done... This team is so frustrating to watch. The one thing they have the personnel to be good at they're not...

It wa nice to see Dinwiddie wake up, but without a trade this is going to be tough to watch the rest of the year...
Stone
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by Stone » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:31 am

4th quarter collapse
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:33 am

Are there any JV supporters left ?
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,929

Post#9 » by Rich Rane » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:34 am

You can't look at this roster and say it should be losing games to Portland.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#10 » by JRoy » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:22 am

POR has no business winning 2 games against BKN.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,871

Post#11 » by Norm2953 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:17 am

Is Simons campaigning for a trade to the Nets?
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#12 » by Sharcm1 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:14 am

Thought bridges was supposed to be a good defender. I guess he forgot that
Minnamaker
Sophomore
And1: 100

Post#13 » by Minnamaker » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:16 am

Rich Rane wrote:You can't look at this roster and say it should be losing games to Portland.
I don't know man. Is this roster really so much better than Portland's? I don't think so. Actually Portland have more players who can create their own shot and several good defenders. We were hoping for some development jumps from players like Bridges, CT and Claxton that have not happened. Without those improvements we are just a bad team with not a good coach.

It's frustrating to see Bridges brick about every layup he takes. Whatever people thought last years he could be, he clearly is not.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,437

Post#14 » by vincecarter4pres » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:25 pm

Minnamaker wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:You can't look at this roster and say it should be losing games to Portland.
I don't know man. Is this roster really so much better than Portland's? I don't think so. Actually Portland have more players who can create their own shot and several good defenders. We were hoping for some development jumps from players like Bridges, CT and Claxton that have not happened. Without those improvements we are just a bad team with not a good coach.

It's frustrating to see Bridges brick about every layup he takes. Whatever people thought last years he could be, he clearly is not.

Although I agree with your overall sentiment, Portland is a young team, just not a good team at all, a lot of talent and athletes, or not.

We should split a season series with them at worst. Being that we lost the home game to them, we should have come out on fire.

Record wise we’re close to where we probably should be, but you cannot go 0-2 against teams like Portland, this year. There’s no excuses and no context. This falls on both the coaching and the players, but especially the former. They aren’t prepared, they aren’t organized or disciplined, they aren’t motivated. Although they should be all these things on their own because they’re professionals, but it’s still the literal job of the coaching staff to have these guys ready and focused.

We’re talented enough to split with a team like PDX at worst, as long as there’s a game plan and respect for yourselves, the staff and the game.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,777

Post#15 » by 76ciology » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:09 pm

Needs a shake up. Bad body language from the team for quite a while already.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Minnamaker
Sophomore
And1: 100

Post#16 » by Minnamaker » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:10 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Minnamaker wrote:

Although I agree with your overall sentiment, Portland is a young team, just not a good team at all, a lot of talent and athletes, or not.

We should split a season series with them at worst. Being that we lost the home game to them, we should have come out on fire.

Record wise we’re close to where we probably should be, but you cannot go 0-2 against teams like Portland, this year. There’s no excuses and no context. This falls on both the coaching and the players, but especially the former. They aren’t prepared, they aren’t organized or disciplined, they aren’t motivated. Although they should be all these things on their own because they’re professionals, but it’s still the literal job of the coaching staff to have these guys ready and focused.

We’re talented enough to split with a team like PDX at worst, as long as there’s a game plan and respect for yourselves, the staff and the game.
I agree. I don't want to hate on the team or players, don't get me wrong. I just think besides Thomas who is very raw to say the least, we have nothing but roleplayers. I think it's clear to say that Bridges is at best a #3 option. While I think we have good talent and very solid role players, we won't win in nba without players who can create their own shot and for others. And Portland has some of those, although they are not great.

I wish we would try some european-style set-plays. More off-ball movement, off-ball screens and teamplay. European teams don't rely on shotcreating by individuals that much. They run more set plays. I know in the nba this is not usual, I just think we would win more that way with this roster. I think we have some players who would thrive with more off-ball sets. I fully understand though, that Vaughn is not familiar or comfortable with these schemes.
Warriors and a few years back the Spurs were very successfull with a more european/american-mixed gameplan though.
Stone
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by Stone » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:36 pm

We are now exactly 3 weeks from the February 8TH trade deadline.

Last 10 games we are 1 - 9

We are 16 -24 and in 11TH place in the division and at the moment out of the playoff picture.

So far this season we have lost 9 games that have been decided by 5 or less points.

Marks should be sharpening the ax and probably the pencil as well. The only rumor I see out the is Murrey for Spencer. Hopefully that is a smokescreen and something else happens.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,988

Post#18 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:36 pm

Its time to admit this team isn't as good as we though. Were a bottom 5 team.

Talent wise there is no reason we should be. But none of our players are performing to the level they are supposed to be.

I was told we need to sit Thomas to prioritize winning. And all weve done since then is remain garbage. The only thing we should be prioritizing anymore is player development.

I would have a fire sale right now if I'm the Nets.

Trade Royce, DFS, Claxton, maybe Bridges to the highest bidder. Get as many picks as you can right now.

Also try everything in your power to get off Simmons. Attach a pick if you have to.

This draft is garbage anyway. If we have to give away a top 5 pick to Houston so be it.

I wouldn't ever necessarily fire Vaughn. Let him play out the season and look for an Atkinson type in the off season.

Its going to be a long way to a rebuild. But the Bridges/Simons Nets are apparently as big of a failure as 7/11. Its time to move on. Enough is enough.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,988

Post#19 » by Hello Brooklyn » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:37 pm

Stone wrote:We are now exactly 3 weeks from the February 8TH trade deadline.

Last 10 games we are 1 - 9

We are 16 -24 and in 11TH place in the division and at the moment out of the playoff picture.

So far this season we have lost 9 games that have been decided by 5 or less points.

Marks should be sharpening the ax and probably the pencil as well. The only rumor I see out the is Murrey for Spencer. Hopefully that is a smokescreen and something else happens.

Murray is not saving this team lol. The Hawks are terrible.

Its time to give up on the season and collect as many picks as we can.
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 660

Post#20 » by NetsJets » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:42 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Its time to admit this team isn't as good as we though. Were a bottom 5 team.

Talent wise there is no reason we should be. But none of our players are performing to the level they are supposed to be.

I was told we need to sit Thomas to prioritize winning. And all weve done since then is remain garbage. The only thing we should be prioritizing anymore is player development.

I would have a fire sale right now if I'm the Nets.

Trade Royce, DFS, Claxton, maybe Bridges to the highest bidder. Get as many picks as you can right now.

Also try everything in your power to get off Simmons. Attach a pick if you have to.

This draft is garbage anyway. If we have to give away a top 5 pick to Houston so be it.

I wouldn't ever necessarily fire Vaughn. Let him play out the season and look for an Atkinson type in the off season.

Its going to be a long way to a rebuild. But the Bridges/Simons Nets are apparently as big of a failure as 7/11. Its time to move on. Enough is enough.

What’s killing us this year is that Bridges while he’s still good has regressed. Cam Johnson and Dinwiddie are flat out bad and on most teams would be backups. Last year Bridges looked like he was on an all star trajectory and Cam and Spencer gave us good/quality play. Everyone else has mostly stayed the same. We’ve seen improvement from Cam Thomas and Day’Ron Sharpe.

Return to Brooklyn Nets