ImageImageImageImageImage

2023-24 Trade Deadline Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,069

Re: 2023-24 Trade Deadline Thread 

Post#381 » by Netaman » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:26 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:Cleveland may go down with the ship.

And really the first thing is, why is it so outlandish he just re-signs with them for a full max?

Tbh with Atlanta, it’s easy to see a world where they send Trae packing somewhere for a monster haul, find a way to ship out Hunter, or Bogie, etc. for ‘25 cap space, and keep it moving with Murray, Johnson and a ton of picks and try and nab one of the top 2nd tier FA’s.

Atlanta has always been a FA destination for the fringe All Star level guys looking for big money and a bigger role.

re-signing is not outlandish, just so far not in line with what's been reported. but that could totally change, especially if they go on some sort of run this postseason.

realistically i think this offseason mitchell is plan A, maybe Trae is plan B, and Murray is probably plan C. none of those plans stop a future pursuit of Luka which would likely be a 2025/2026 thing.

knowing mitchells future availability is unknown, giving up more than 1 FRP (and even CamT) for murray right now probably didn't make sense because if CLE gets bounced early and mitchell hits the market, now you are down assets and have a less flexible contract to trade that CLE probably doesn't want. murray wasnt meaningfully changing the trajectory of this team for the next 30 games. the difference between him and schroder rest of year is probably 1-2 extra wins, maybe a slightly better showing in play in. like i said schroder's added benefit (beyond obviously being a big positive over dinwhiny) is that as a similar style player they almost get to test out how murray's impact would fit this group.

and now the nets offer this summer is pretty simple. DFS (15m) + schroder (13m) + camT or dayron or both ($4m or $8m) = $32-36m that can match trae (43m) or mitchell (35m) or murray (28m with kicker i think). plus obviously however many picks it takes. i think mitchell or trae probably take 3 good ones, whereas murray is more in the 1 good one or 2 meh protected FRPs category. and obviously if cleveland preferred simmons or camj that would work too. so plenty of options.

im not sure what a preferred knick salary match would be for mitchell from either perspective. randle's 30m could match it and get routed to a 3rd team if CLE doesnt want him but i get the feeling randle has kind of become an important enough piece for NYK they wouldnt want to do that AND give up a ton of draft capital (but maybe im wrong). also doesnt seem a fit in CLE with their frontcourt depth. a bogdonovic exp + divincenzo could do it. or divincenzo + hart. then obviously a bunch of picks. i think nets having more unprotecteds gives them an edge along with more combinations of salary match. 2 of the knicks 4 firsts this year are going to end up not conveying and they have protections that could turn either of them into 2nd round picks down the line.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,069

Post#382 » by Netaman » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:30 pm

plan C could also include Herro or Simons or Giddey or someone else on that level who hits trade market. Not just Murray.

the nets are somewhat fortunate that their top need is a lead ballhandler/initiator and that happens to be something that's not impossible to shop for, though obviously getting it in true superstar form is hard to find.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#383 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:02 pm

Giddey would likely work reasonably well and is probably available for a song, he’s a RFA summer of ‘25 with a sizable cap hold though.

If we can’t land Mitchell, really hope for Ingram though.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#384 » by NetsWorld » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:10 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:Giddey would likely work reasonably well and is probably available for a song, he’s a RFA summer of ‘25 with a sizable cap hold though.

If we can’t land Mitchell, really hope for Ingram though.

I would love both Mitchell and Ingram.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#385 » by Papi_swav » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:24 pm

we should of made that trade with Houston for Jalen Green lol he's on fire now looking like a lil young Kobe out there wow
3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#386 » by 3pt_chucker » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:42 pm

Papi_swav wrote:we should of made that trade with Houston for Jalen Green lol he's on fire now looking like a lil young Kobe out there wow

Not only is it horrible that Nets turned this down, the reporting was that the Nets weren't even willing to discuss!! Like wtf??

Only way I won't feel horrible about this, is IF Nets make a trade to land 2 star level players (superstars are too unrealistic).

Donovan Mitchell + Lauri would be exciting even in the short term though trading Mikal for picks back would be better for long term success.

If Marks pulls something like this off then I will be content, otherwise it will be a disaster in my book.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,600

Post#387 » by NYG » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:22 pm

Is it still the 2025 free agency plan?

Cam for THJ and Powell?
Dangun
Pro Prospect
And1: 263

Post#388 » by Dangun » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:53 pm

Trade for Micic during off-season to be floor general for Nets bench or even could be starter
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#389 » by vincecarter4pres » Wed Apr 3, 2024 3:30 pm

Honestly starting to think if Charlotte had taken Scoot #2 and Miller was there at 3, Nets would have taken the Portland offer for Bridges if it included an extra pick or two, and Lillard would have still been a Blazer.

I wasn’t very high on Miller and was pretty high on Scoot personally, and am in no way ready to write off Scoot, nor elevate Miller to a cornerstone prospect, but my current thinking is the Nets FO was a lot higher on Miller then most fans, and would have seriously considered it.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.

Return to Brooklyn Nets