Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Re: GT: Wolves @ Nets 1/25 7:30 PM EST 

Post#61 » by TheNetsFan » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:51 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Making a trade for Murray at this point just doesn't make sense.

If I'm the Nets I trade DFS, O'Neal and possibly Claxton. Write the season off. Rockets can have our lottery pick.

No point in firing Vaughn yet. And try to trade for a Superstar in the off season.

Its the only path forward.

Prioritize development of Cam and other young players too. Were not going to make the playoffs.

I don't think we can or should trade both DFS and Royce.

I like Johnson, but he just doesn't fit well as a PF between Bridges and Claxton. That front line is too skinny. As a SF next to Bridges, there's not enough ball handling/shot creation. It worked in PHX with a big, physical C (Ayton) and 2 great ball handlers (Book+CP3). We need a physical PF to at least split time with Johnson.

I'd love to move Johnson if the opportunity arises. He's just an awkward fit here.

Hes still a good player and I don't see us getting much value back because of his huge contract.

His contract isn't huge. He's going to average $22.9 mil for the next 3 years. That's a fair deal. Depending on what the "likely" incentives are, it could even be less.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,935

Re: GT: Wolves @ Nets 1/25 7:30 PM EST 

Post#62 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:47 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:I don't think we can or should trade both DFS and Royce.

I like Johnson, but he just doesn't fit well as a PF between Bridges and Claxton. That front line is too skinny. As a SF next to Bridges, there's not enough ball handling/shot creation. It worked in PHX with a big, physical C (Ayton) and 2 great ball handlers (Book+CP3). We need a physical PF to at least split time with Johnson.

I'd love to move Johnson if the opportunity arises. He's just an awkward fit here.

Hes still a good player and I don't see us getting much value back because of his huge contract.

His contract isn't huge. He's going to average $22.9 mil for the next 3 years. That's a fair deal. Depending on what the "likely" incentives are, it could even be less.

Just not sure we get much back in trade for him. So don't think its worth it.

Return to Brooklyn Nets