GT: Jazz @ Nets - 1/29 - 7:30 EST

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,437

Re: GT: Jazz @ Nets - 1/29 - 7:30 EST 

Post#41 » by vincecarter4pres » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:48 am

Horton-Tucker thicc thicc
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,886

Post#42 » by Karate Diop » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:58 am

They was Total Bennihilation...

I really hope that knee tweak was nothing though...
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,886

Post#43 » by Karate Diop » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:59 am

Also, I'm still on the move Dinwiddie for anything bandwagon. Something just isn't right with him...
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#44 » by Sharcm1 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:01 am

I don’t know how to be happy about this game. I’ve been a net fan too long to get my hopes up that Simmons can not only stay healthy but play like this every game. Fingers crossed though
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Post#45 » by Stone » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:10 am

A few things

We are better than our record indicates, we just wound up on the wrong end of all those heartbreakers.

Ben Simmons is better than the haters would have us believe.

Here is what Ben brought to the table tonight. Leadership that has been sorely missing. An ability to speed up the pace of our offense, also sorely missing.

Definitely the feel good win of the season. It was impressive to the team genuinely clapping and cheering on Ben and the fans in the crowd joining in.

Tough one coming up against the Suns on Wednesday, let’s make it three in a row!
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#46 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:10 am

Great game by Ben. Hopefully, it makes Marks realize how valuable a traditional, pass first PG is with this team. This team needs to play fast.

Side note: Only one player scored fewer points than FG attempts. He's got to go. Go get another PG.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,071

Post#47 » by Netaman » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:17 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:I want to believe in Ben Simmons so bad, it’s just so hard though.

He is so good in limited minutes, he’d be a 28mpg weapon if he could ever stay healthy.

at this point id just make him 6th man in limited minutes.

go get a star lead guard so all of bridges minutes can be like today. catch/shoot and 2nd/3rd touch drives. almost no initiation.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,922

Post#48 » by Rich Rane » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:19 am

Netaman wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:I want to believe in Ben Simmons so bad, it’s just so hard though.

He is so good in limited minutes, he’d be a 28mpg weapon if he could ever stay healthy.

go get a star lead guard so all of bridges minutes can be like today. catch/shoot and 2nd/3rd touch drives. almost no initiation.

Yeah, it's not like he could now magically play in the closing minutes of a close game. He's just not an offensive option and the other team could still employ Hack-a-Ben.

Still, if he could play like tonight for every other portion of a game, that's a huge lift.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#49 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:24 am

Rich Rane wrote:
Netaman wrote:

Yeah, it's not like he could now magically play in the closing minutes of a close game. He's just not an offensive option and the other team could still employ Hack-a-Ben.

Still, if he could play like tonight for every other portion of a game, that's a huge lift.

Hate to say it, but a 3 guard rotation of Simmons, Thomas and Murray would compliment each other very well. Any 2 you run out there should compliment each other well.
Netaman
Analyst

Post#50 » by Netaman » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:26 am

Rich Rane wrote:
Netaman wrote:

yep, still need a closer, but ben can give you 25 minutes that are a different look. a real run and gun 2nd unit.
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 315

Post#51 » by Eatgreenz » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:26 am

Ben impact is insane. his like an oversized jkidd they way he just can put a stamp in the game without really scoring
Netaman
Analyst

Post#52 » by Netaman » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:29 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Netaman wrote:

Hate to say it, but a 3 guard rotation of Simmons, Thomas and Murray would compliment each other very well. Any 2 you run out there should compliment each other well.

dont forget walker in there. if din/thomas were traded for murray, wouldnt hate to see walker get a shot at starting.
bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 934

Post#53 » by bubonicphoniks » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:29 am

I was among the first to say get rid of Dinwiddie. Nothing has changed on that part.

Nice to see Ben out there doing his weird Ben-stuff but I just can't like the guy after 1 good game. Ben can still get lost as well. 1 good game doesn't undo the chaos hes brought here.

BUT it was a good game. Team looked looser. Nice to see.
Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#54 » by Tha King » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:47 am

Netaman wrote:

Which one's are you thinking? Unless Trae is available, I don't really see any star guard out there with how the Cavs are playing. Herro/Ivey could possibly be lead guards if available.

Murray imo isn't a star and I don't think he has the temperament or skillset to be a lead guard in nyc.

I'll just say Dlo gives you that playmaking and you can keep the picks. He's not a good fit on a contender/high level playoff team because he can't defend as an ancillary offensive player, but for what this team is and needs, he'd be a solid fit imo... even better if you can get some asset in addition
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 987

Post#55 » by Decipher » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:48 am

bubonicphoniks wrote:I was among the first to say get rid of Dinwiddie. Nothing has changed on that part.

Nice to see Ben out there doing his weird Ben-stuff but I just can't like the guy after 1 good game. Ben can still get lost as well. 1 good game doesn't undo the chaos hes brought here.

BUT it was a good game. Team looked looser. Nice to see.

Tonight was the first time we have seen anything approaching healthy Simmons in nearly 3 years

Easy to forget that he’s a freak athlete and I have no faith in his fitness but IF he can stay healthy, this team will benefit massively
Tha King
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#56 » by Tha King » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:50 am

Rich Rane wrote:
Netaman wrote:

absolutely. just provide change of pace bench playmaking for the rest of the season. Next season he'll be on an expiring contract.
Netaman
Analyst

Post#57 » by Netaman » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:52 am

Tha King wrote:
Netaman wrote:

Which one's are you thinking? Unless Trae is available, I don't really see any star guard out there with how the Cavs are playing. Herro/Ivey could possibly be lead guards if available.

Murray imo isn't a star and I don't think he has the temperament or skillset to be a lead guard in nyc.

I'll just say Dlo gives you that playmaking and you can keep the picks. He's not a good fit on a contender/high level playoff team because he can't defend as an ancillary offensive player, but for what this team is and needs, he'd be a solid fit imo... even better if you can get some asset in addition

eventually mitchell ideally, but yeah that's not happening right now.

maybe just the current afterglow, but id imagine they will give ben a chance as the starter. and maybe that's the right move instead of committing to 4 more years of murray sight unseen. i think id roll the dice on him though. unless there's some bad intel from SAS or something. totally fine with dlo or herro too.
JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Post#58 » by JoseRizal » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:49 am

Great win! Truly, an elite playmaker like Ben can really unlock this team...
JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Post#59 » by JoseRizal » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:50 am

Netaman wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

dont forget walker in there. if din/thomas were traded for murray, wouldnt hate to see walker get a shot at starting.

What's the fixation in trading Cam T? Geez...
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 987

Post#60 » by Decipher » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:27 am

JoseRizal wrote:
Netaman wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:Hate to say it, but a 3 guard rotation of Simmons, Thomas and Murray would compliment each other very well. Any 2 you run out there should compliment each other well.

What's the fixation in trading Cam T? Geez...

It’s weird

Kid is 22, averaging 21ppg while being paid $2.2 million per season for the next 2 seasons

What’s more, the team is starting to win with him as a starter

He’s just about the least of our concerns and there’s no way he should be traded unless we’re receiving something special in return imo

Return to Brooklyn Nets