Cam Johnson???

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Butter
General Manager
And1: 127

Cam Johnson??? 

Post#1 » by Butter » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:48 pm

Blazers fan, I come in peace.

What is the Nets stance on making Cam Johnson available in trade? Bridges is clearly the cornerstone at SF. Doing a quick topic search, it looks like Cam Johnson may be out of position at PF?

I was toying with the idea of a trade centered around Anthony Simons. On paper, Ant and Cam Thomas may be duplicative. But, if Ben Simmons gets healthy, a backcourt pairing of Simons and Simmons, with Thomas off the bench is interesting.

The Blazers have a log jam at PG with Brogdon, Henderson and Ant. They cannot lose Ant's 3pt shooting though. They also have a backlog of uber athletic SFs; great defense, but not premier shooters. Ideally, swapping Johnson and Ant, while throwing in one of the Blazers wings could balance out both teams.
Sometimes they live by the jumper, and some times they die by the jumper.
drchaos
Rookie
And1: 409

Re: Cam Johnson??? 

Post#2 » by drchaos » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:58 pm

While I think the Nets like Cam Johnson I could see the Nets shipping him or more likely DFS out if the right deal comes along.
Butter
General Manager
And1: 127

Post#3 » by Butter » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:48 pm

drchaos wrote:While I think the Nets like Cam Johnson I could see the Nets shipping him or more likely DFS out if the right deal comes along.

What is the Nets fans stance on Cam Johnson? Is he potentially available, and what would the cost be?
Sometimes they live by the jumper, and some times they die by the jumper.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#4 » by TheNetsFan » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:20 am

Butter wrote:
drchaos wrote:While I think the Nets like Cam Johnson I could see the Nets shipping him or more likely DFS out if the right deal comes along.

What is the Nets fans stance on Cam Johnson? Is he potentially available, and what would the cost be?

I think he's the guy that goes out with picks in a star deal. He's fine as a PF, but not sandwiched between skinny guys like Claxton and Bridges. It's not an issue when Simmons is playing point F.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,329

Post#5 » by Papi_swav » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:59 am

Heck yes I'll trade CamJ for Ant yesterday for sure. I seem like the only guy thats low on CamJ here, I'm not sure what the Nets think of him. But me personally I don't want him here, he's not really a difference maker for us but maybe on another team he can be.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,071

Post#6 » by Netaman » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:28 pm

from the net side something around CamJ and Simons would make a lot of sense even if a pick had to balance it out.
Dangun
Pro Prospect
And1: 263

Post#7 » by Dangun » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:56 pm

Papi_swav wrote:Heck yes I'll trade CamJ for Ant yesterday for sure. I seem like the only guy thats low on CamJ here, I'm not sure what the Nets think of him. But me personally I don't want him here, he's not really a difference maker for us but maybe on another team he can be.

In the words of Stone Cold Steve Austin ohhhh hellll yeaaaa .. I was hoping they do this at the deadline .. the only thing I’m against is cam t definitely going back to the bench and that wouldn’t do him any good for his development imo, but I think simons and bridges would make a deadlier duo and simons is actually a good point guard..
Dangun
Pro Prospect
And1: 263

Post#8 » by Dangun » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:57 pm

Netaman wrote:from the net side something around CamJ and Simons would make a lot of sense even if a pick had to balance it out.

Who would be getting the pick? I think it’s a even straight up trade

Return to Brooklyn Nets