ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Nets @ Knicks 3/23 - 1:00PM

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,467

GT: Nets @ Knicks 3/23 - 1:00PM 

Post#1 » by Stone » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:18 pm

I just want to see Wilson get a decent amount of time. Why live the lie, let the young guys develop.

This is an important game for the Knicks as they try to get back into the 4 spot and have home court advantage in the playoffs.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Re: GT: Nets @ Knicks 3/23 - 1:00PM 

Post#2 » by NetsJets » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:44 pm

Cam needed that shot. He has struggled today.
NetsJets
Starter

Post#3 » by NetsJets » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:53 pm

This is over smh.
NetsJets
Starter

Post#4 » by NetsJets » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:00 pm

The Knicks are killing us what a collapse in the 4th quarter
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,917

Post#5 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:26 pm

Admire the few of yall that are still here posting... gotta be tough
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,844

Post#6 » by Karate Diop » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:19 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:Admire the few of yall that are still here posting... gotta be tough

It comes with the territory... But can't be as bad as what Knicks fans have been going through for about 20 years now.

Enjoy the good moments because you don't know when they'll return...
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,489

Post#7 » by RHODEY » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:23 pm

Karate Diop wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:Admire the few of yall that are still here posting... gotta be tough

It comes with the territory... But can't be as bad as what Knicks fans have been going through for about 20 years now.

Do you guys feel Mikal is unhappy?
Karate Diop
General Manager

Post#8 » by Karate Diop » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:54 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Karate Diop wrote:

Haven't got that he's unhappy, but nobody seems to know their roles or what direction the team wants to go in... There's just this overall disorganization that didn't leave when Vaughn was fired which seems to indicate it's deeper than just one person.
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 914

Post#9 » by Decipher » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:29 pm

Don’t mind Clax but have seen enough to know that Sharpe isn’t much worse (if at all) and the difference in their contracts next season will be significant
Stone
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by Stone » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:16 am

I missed most of the first half but I was checking the scores. I thought Frank Isola had a good point about Bridges taking that Hail Mary buzzer beater to end the first half. He said a lot of players don't take them anymore, being more concerned about their stats. Gone are the days when we used tp see stars like Larry Bird diving to save a ball from going out of bounds. But I was glad to see him take it, same with Cam at the end of the third.

Cam Thomas has to do a better job at not getting his pocket picked. Way too many costly turn overs.

Going back to the Bucks game, which was not exactly a heartbreaker but more of a "Woulda, shoulda, coulda". At least the Nets hung on a little longer. In todays game, it was another collapse. Failure on both ends but it always our defense that gets us in trouble. You can't just stand there watch Donte DeVinchinso get anything he wants until its too late.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#11 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:39 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Karate Diop wrote:

Maybe. Definitely frustrated and confused.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,489

Post#12 » by RHODEY » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:50 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Karate Diop wrote:

Would you consider a trade with he Knicks to make him happy? :D
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#13 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:55 pm

RHODEY wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Randle

done.
Stone
Assistant Coach

Post#14 » by Stone » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:11 pm

Bridges would have been a great fit on the Knicks. I would not be surprised if the Knicks called us before the deadline to see if we would bite.
Karate Diop
General Manager

Post#15 » by Karate Diop » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:27 pm

RHODEY wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

The Knicks just don't have the assets for it to make sense IMO. The conundrum with Bridges is the Nets wanted to rebuild their culture with him as a staple... So yeah they could move him, but where does that leave them?
Karate Diop
General Manager

Post#16 » by Karate Diop » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:27 am

*For what it's worth I'm not against moving Bridges, I just don't think ownership is at the point where they want to move him.

My gut is saying that in all likelihood the Nets are committing to no man's land mediocrity with their current path even though an avenue to rebound quickly does exist...
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#17 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:39 am

Karate Diop wrote:*For what it's worth I'm not against moving Bridges, I just don't think ownership is at the point where they want to move him.

My gut is saying that in all likelihood the Nets are committing to no man's land mediocrity with their current path even though an avenue to rebound quickly does exist...

Yup.

Should have traded him to Houston for all the picks back and a prospect like Green or Eason, maybe even got Whitmore.

Instead they’ll probably trade most of the Phoenix, Dallas and Sixers picks for Trae Young, or Markkanen, maybe KAT, and windup a perennial 5-10 seed.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,983

Post#18 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:05 am

It’s tough but it’s nothing new as a Nets fan :D
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#19 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:25 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Karate Diop wrote:*For what it's worth I'm not against moving Bridges, I just don't think ownership is at the point where they want to move him.

Yup.

Should have traded him to Houston for all the picks back and a prospect like Green or Eason, maybe even got Whitmore.

Instead they’ll probably trade most of the Phoenix, Dallas and Sixers picks for Trae Young, or Markkanen, maybe KAT, and windup a perennial 5-10 seed.

But any package for Trae, KAT, Markk is going to have to include bridges so adding one of them and losing a potential all star doesn't move the needle much at all

You'd be in the same place you are now on the outside looking in

Look at the package ATL had to give up for Murray
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#20 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:37 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:

Yup.

But any package for Trae, KAT, Markk is going to have to include bridges so adding one of them and losing a potential all star doesn't move the needle much at all

You'd be in the same place you are now on the outside looking in

Look at the package ATL had to give up for Murray

There is no way a package for any of those guys would, or should include Bridges, that’s almost never how star trades work.

Murray was attained for basically picks and a so-so younger role player.

Brooklyn has elite level pick assets, even without many of their own, one of the stronger cache in the league, at least of teams willing to part with them.

I don’t personally like the idea. I would have preferred they sent Bridges to Houston and I’m a huge fan of his since Villanova. Then organically tanked and held onto all the Phoenix and Dallas picks as well, making a move when the time was right.

But it is of my opinion, Tsai and the organization is not at all interested in a proper youth movement.

They will target 2 stars through trade and/or free agency, to add to Bridges and try to hold onto Claxton as well. They’ll probably desperately attempt to hold onto the Suns ‘25 pick though.

Return to Brooklyn Nets