Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Re: Official ‘24-25 Off-season Thread 

Post#101 » by Eatgreenz » Thu May 9, 2024 2:18 am

Decipher wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Decipher wrote:
Just about the only time the team looked somewhat competent was when half fit Simmons was running the show and we all know that a sighting of him on court is like finding a unicorn egg

Well thats why we need Mitchell.

He’s not a pg

Might get Garland cheaper

Garland is horrible the cavs can keep him
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 329

Post#102 » by JKiddy » Sat May 11, 2024 9:58 pm

I have thought about this for awhile.

It seems like Mitchell might want to come to BK to play with Claxton and Bridges.

Why don't we just wait a season and make other deals so we prepare to add him in the summer of 2025?

He can also push CLE to trade him this summer when he informs them he is leaving as a FA.

This is similar to the Melo trade to NYK. They traded away too many assets which depleted the team whereas if they waited one season to sign him as a FA the Knicks might have been in true title contention.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,028

Post#103 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat May 11, 2024 10:11 pm

JKiddy wrote:I have thought about this for awhile.

It seems like Mitchell might want to come to BK to play with Claxton and Bridges.

Why don't we just wait a season and make other deals so we prepare to add him in the summer of 2025?

He can also push CLE to trade him this summer when he informs them he is leaving as a FA.

This is similar to the Melo trade to NYK. They traded away too many assets which depleted the team whereas if they waited one season to sign him as a FA the Knicks might have been in true title contention.

Mitchell won't want to wait that long I think. Miami might just take him.
JKiddy
Bench Warmer

Post#104 » by JKiddy » Sat May 11, 2024 10:15 pm

If it is a good trade for us we should do it. If not, we have so much fire power that we should wait.

Should we go for him? YES.

Miami does not have much to offer. Bam is not being traded. Herro is not a big deal. They don't have many picks. Jimmy Butler is 2 years from retiring/becoming a shell of himself.
NetsWorld
Starter
And1: 1,030

Post#105 » by NetsWorld » Sun May 12, 2024 2:39 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:

I think Nets have more to offer; only issue is the rest of the roster. Nets need solid depth. A Mitchell/CT backcourt would be great.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#106 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun May 12, 2024 4:43 am

NetsWorld wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

I think Nets have more to offer; only issue is the rest of the roster. Nets need solid depth. A Mitchell/CT backcourt would be great.

I like Bridges/Clax. I think we just really need consistent offense.

Mitchell/Bridges/Clax is a solid playoff team. We just need to add one more big time star after that.

Giannis? Embiid? Luka? Tatum?
JKiddy
Bench Warmer

Post#107 » by JKiddy » Sun May 12, 2024 1:25 pm

I think the plan might be to grab Mitchell on a bargain this off season after he demands a trade to BK (if he does not get to the ECF).

Then, the Nets are hoping Luka realizes he cannot win in the West after Kyrie has his 3rd year insanity fest which has had on multiple teams and he decides to leave.

Luka will not have enough to contend there and sees the Nets have an opening max slot for him alongside Claxton (a better version of Dereck Lively II), Mitchell (a better fit to play with than Kyrie), Bridges (the perfect 3rd star), Clowney (a much better DFS by 2026), and likely an excellent 6th and 7th man on the roster (who knows who that might be in 2025/26)?

A lineup of:

Mitchell
Luka
Bridges
Clowney
Claxton

would be lethal. You have solid over team D and great offense.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,075

Post#108 » by Netaman » Sun May 12, 2024 3:18 pm

assuming Boston closes out CLE pretty quickly, Mitchell is the big domino this offseason. Riley is definitely going to go hard, so beating a Miami offer is going to be key.

Miami offers are tough to predict because they may be predicated on first trading Jimmy Butler somewhere. But for what and to whom? let's start by pretending they don't do that since it would make them a less threatening team and getting mitchell is to try to win.

a Herro + Jovic offer with 2 or more unprotected FRPs is a pretty compelling offer (i believe after this year's draft they can offer (29 + 31). Nets can probably beat it, and to get Mitchell they probably should. caleb martin has a player option that he would be picking up here, but if not then i think the trade is still doable and the heat throw in a different cheap piece. i doubt they would do jaime, but if they are all in on a bam/mitchell/jimmy trio they could.

how much would the cavs like herro? I think he's a pretty good fit for them. jovic is at least as interesting as the nets front court pieces (wilson, clowney, etc).

nets have better picks to offer, but that will be a competitive bidding. i'd match the 2 unprotected FRPs the heat can offer, plus i'd throw in a 3rd FRP or swap (like PHI 27). id be willing to do 1 of the nets young front court players to match jovic. so then it comes to how much does CLE like Herro vs nets salary filler options (dfs, schroder, etc)?
Netaman
Analyst

Post#109 » by Netaman » Sun May 12, 2024 3:30 pm

this is pretty close to what my max net offer would be:

after this deal nets would still own:

2025 phoenix
2028 phoenix swap
2029 dallas

plus their own picks from 2028 and beyond unprotected. and 2027 with swap rights to HOU.

pretend this deal goes down before FA and they resign Clax and Watford, the nets start the offseason with this rotation:

Mitchell
CamT / Whitehead
Bridges / Watford
CamJ / Clowney
Claxton / Sharpe

plus Simmons $40m expiring and 5+ tradeable FRPs.

also about 20m of room under the luxury tax to sign some depth like bruce brown and maybe bring back DSJ or LW.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,488

Post#110 » by Stone » Sun May 12, 2024 6:51 pm

I just read our pick ( which goes to the Rockets) had a 4.5 % chance of getting the top pick. But even if we get into the top three, I am going to need you guys to talk me down off the roof………….sigh
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Eatgreenz
Senior
And1: 317

Post#111 » by Eatgreenz » Sun May 12, 2024 6:58 pm

Stone wrote:I just read our pick ( which goes to the Rockets) had a 4.5 % chance of getting the top pick. But even if we get into the top three, I am going to need you guys to talk me down off the roof………….sigh

No worries bro this draft is terrible
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,444

Post#112 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun May 12, 2024 8:42 pm

Welp, 3rd overall gifted to Houston.

More upset with that then if it were top 2. Cody Williams or Stephen Castle would be nice reaches here.

Welp. :dontknow:
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Netaman
Analyst

Post#113 » by Netaman » Sun May 12, 2024 8:46 pm

vecenie has clingan to hou in his mock right now, and honestly if given the choice i wouldnt trade clowney for clingan. if that's the worst of it then we will probably end up getting better picks from kd/kyrie than any we gave up for harden.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#114 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon May 13, 2024 3:23 pm

JKiddy wrote:I think the plan might be to grab Mitchell on a bargain this off season after he demands a trade to BK (if he does not get to the ECF).

Then, the Nets are hoping Luka realizes he cannot win in the West after Kyrie has his 3rd year insanity fest which has had on multiple teams and he decides to leave.

Luka will not have enough to contend there and sees the Nets have an opening max slot for him alongside Claxton (a better version of Dereck Lively II), Mitchell (a better fit to play with than Kyrie), Bridges (the perfect 3rd star), Clowney (a much better DFS by 2026), and likely an excellent 6th and 7th man on the roster (who knows who that might be in 2025/26)?

A lineup of:

Mitchell
Luka
Bridges
Clowney
Claxton

would be lethal. You have solid over team D and great offense.

I like Luka but him and Mitchell don't fit.

Still hoping for Giannis.

I wouldn't even mind Trae Young at this point. Hawks have the #1 pick and he doesn't have much trade value.

Give me Tre, Bridges, Claxton. Easily a playoff team.
Netaman
Analyst

Post#115 » by Netaman » Mon May 13, 2024 8:26 pm

I think Trae is a solid fit. Don't know how high that price tag is, but I think he fits as well as he can anywhere else with the Nets length/shooting.

Mitchell is a better fit if he's available because he's a better defender, though he's a couple years older.

i'd take either of them though. both help maximize claxton and bridges, not to mention camj, clowney, wilson, etc.

cam t probably isn't a great fit with either of them, but he may be the centerpiece for a follow-up trade.
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 995

Post#116 » by Decipher » Tue May 14, 2024 12:11 am

Hawks don’t have a pick next year so can’t tank plus their owner wants the revenue Trae generates

Far more likely to move DJM for assets to play around Trae IMO
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,665

Post#117 » by NYG » Tue May 14, 2024 1:32 am

What would the Nets give up for Trae?
Netaman
Analyst

Post#118 » by Netaman » Tue May 14, 2024 3:36 am

NYG wrote:What would the Nets give up for Trae?

I think 3 FRP (or equivalents) plus whatever salary filler ATL prefers. I'd be willing to include 1 PHO unprotected first between 27-29.

Simmons could be the salary filler if they want 1 big expiring (doubtful) or it could be DFS (1 year + PO) and Schroder (expiring).
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 995

Post#119 » by Decipher » Tue May 14, 2024 8:04 am

I would be approaching OKC about Giddey as he’d be perfect next to Cam

He’s a pg being played out of position and is an excellent passer and good rebounder
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,665

Post#120 » by NYG » Wed May 15, 2024 1:23 am

Would you trade all of the picks if you could keep Mikal and Claxton while adding Ingram and Mitchell?

Return to Brooklyn Nets