13%

Total votes: 23

j127
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Re: Stanley Cup Finals: Canucks vs. Bruins 

Post#21 » by j127 » Fri Jun 3, 2011 4:32 pm

Definitely, game 1 was wonderful to watch. It was purely a duel between the goalies to see who would blink first. Luckily, it was Thomas.

It's unfortunate that Vancouver's power-play fell flat though, but hopefully it'll bounce back in game 2.
TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#22 » by TTown » Sun Jun 5, 2011 2:59 am

Canucks win game two in OT! Greatest 11 seconds of hockey ever :)
ImageImageImageImage
j127
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by j127 » Sun Jun 5, 2011 4:01 am

LOL, I was sleeping through the first and second periods, but I woke up during the second intermission. You can't understand how happy I was for that Sedin goal to tie up the game in the 3rd.

I completely missed the OT goal even though I was in front of the TV. My dad asked me something, and I was replying. The next thing I know, the game is over. What a rip off! :(

I'm ecstatic though. Hopefully the Canucks can just sweep the series.
j127
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by j127 » Mon Jun 6, 2011 3:45 pm

I'm predicting that either Vancouver goes 3-0 or 2-1 in the series after tonight's game. I just have a strange feeling it's one of the two.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#25 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Jun 7, 2011 1:18 am

Great prediction terryoh, Haha.

So do you see a suspension being given out over the hit?
gojoorange
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,081

Post#26 » by gojoorange » Tue Jun 7, 2011 5:46 am

LittleOzzy wrote:Great prediction terryoh, Haha.

So do you see a suspension being given out over the hit?

There probably will be, which is ultimately a good thing for the game. I don't think Rome is a malicious player, but there should definitely be repercussions for a late hit to the head. There needs to be something done about the amount of concussions that are happening to good players.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#27 » by NashtyNas » Tue Jun 7, 2011 9:36 am

I'm in Paris on a Euro trip so I haven't been able to catch games (although my phone gives me regular updates) but game 2 made me feel real good, and game 3... well... you know what I'm saying. 8-1 was a joke, but it was coming sooner or later. With that said, I say Vancouver in 6 still! Can anyone who saw the game tell me the details? What the HELL was going on with our defense, and why did we leave Lou in after he gave up 4 goals to let him give up another 4???

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
gojoorange
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by gojoorange » Tue Jun 7, 2011 5:43 pm

sd1306 wrote:I'm in Paris on a Euro trip so I haven't been able to catch games (although my phone gives me regular updates) but game 2 made me feel real good, and game 3... well... you know what I'm saying. 8-1 was a joke, but it was coming sooner or later. With that said, I say Vancouver in 6 still! Can anyone who saw the game tell me the details? What the HELL was going on with our defense, and why did we leave Lou in after he gave up 4 goals to let him give up another 4???

Well the whole team looked pretty awful, they were being out skated and out hit. Honestly the first 4 goals on Luongo were pretty legit goals, and he didn't have any help. Apparently Vigneault asked Luongo if he wanted to come out after 5, but Luongo just said he'll finish it out. Probably after the 5th or 6th goal they didn't really seem to care about the score anymore, and everyone was getting tossed from the game. Even Kesler got in a fight!
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#29 » by NashtyNas » Tue Jun 7, 2011 6:40 pm

Oh wow, seems very un Lou like. I like it, he's stepping up a bit at least (mentally speaking). What was the controversial hit that you guys were referring too?

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
breaker91
Starter
And1: 1

Post#30 » by breaker91 » Tue Jun 7, 2011 8:30 pm

The first two goals were lucky breaks for the Bruins. Edler breaks his stick and confusion ensues. He and Bieksa both wind up screening Lou he never saw Ference's shot. On the 2nd goal, Boston got the puck down low and Recchi was passing it to Peverly in the slot. Lou was sliding over, but Kesler came back from guarding against the point shot and hit it his stick and went 5 hole on Lou.

The 3rd goal was the back breaker with Marchand outworking Erhoff to score a shorty on a break away and nice deek around Lou.

Overall I still feel like Vancouver can pull it out. But my nervousness grows each game Hamhuis sits. First off it messes up the lines since he and Bieksa and Edler and Salo each have great chemistry together. Secondly, without Dan in the line up AV has relied more on Erhoff who does some head scratching things defensively that you'd never catch Hamhuis doing.

I really hope Dan comes back next game because even strength and short handed, we really need someone like him who can quickly clear the puck from the zone.
"The brownies are good for me to make three-points.'' -Rudy Fernandez
gojoorange
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by gojoorange » Wed Jun 8, 2011 12:12 am

breaker91 wrote:The first two goals were lucky breaks for the Bruins. Edler breaks his stick and confusion ensues. He and Bieksa both wind up screening Lou he never saw Ference's shot. On the 2nd goal, Boston got the puck down low and Recchi was passing it to Peverly in the slot. Lou was sliding over, but Kesler came back from guarding against the point shot and hit it his stick and went 5 hole on Lou.

The 3rd goal was the back breaker with Marchand outworking Erhoff to score a shorty on a break away and nice deek around Lou.

Overall I still feel like Vancouver can pull it out. But my nervousness grows each game Hamhuis sits. First off it messes up the lines since he and Bieksa and Edler and Salo each have great chemistry together. Secondly, without Dan in the line up AV has relied more on Erhoff who does some head scratching things defensively that you'd never catch Hamhuis doing.

I really hope Dan comes back next game because even strength and short handed, we really need someone like him who can quickly clear the puck from the zone.

Agreed. Apparently he travelled to Boston with the team, hopefully he suits up for game 4.
gojoorange
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by gojoorange » Wed Jun 8, 2011 12:15 am

sd1306 wrote:Oh wow, seems very un Lou like. I like it, he's stepping up a bit at least (mentally speaking). What was the controversial hit that you guys were referring too?

Rome had a late hit on Horton mid-ice that was pretty bad. Horton had passed the puck and was looking the other way and Rome hit him in the head with his shoulder. Horton went down pretty hard, and had to be taken off on a stretcher. Apparently he suffered a severe concussion and will be out for the rest of the playoffs. Rome was suspended for the rest of the playoffs for the hit.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#33 » by LittleOzzy » Thu Jun 9, 2011 1:30 pm

Things are not looking good right now.

So glad the next game is in Vancouver.
j127
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by j127 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:17 am

Nice win, Vancouver.

I know it's asking a lot (and I mean A LOT), but can you please win in Boston? That's be the best thing ever.

All of Toronto is supporting you, Vancouver! All Canadians, and especially Torontonians, will be Vancouverites if you win!
j127
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by j127 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:47 pm

I don't want this series to go to game 7, because the Bruins are much better in Vancouver than the Canucks are in Boston. Each of the games in Vancouver were close games with game 1 decided in the last 20 seconds of the 3rd period and game 2 decided in OT. A wrong bounce or two could have easily led to a Bruins win in any of those games.

That's why Vancouver must win tonight. I know it's asking a lot to win in Boston when the Canucks have so far stunk it up there, but I think the Canucks can do it with an aggressive forecheck and Luongo getting into the groove early in the game.
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,499

Post#36 » by bballsparkin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:24 am

Oh well, back to Vancouver. They stunk it up in Boston. The Canucks have been good at home lets hope it continues. They played better in the third so I'm hoping it carries over into game 7. Crowd needs to be hyped. Hoping to hear a louder "we want the cup!" chant.
j127
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by j127 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:50 pm

Honestly, I'm very scared. Game 7 is up in the air. I might die of a heart-attack.
gojoorange
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by gojoorange » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:32 pm

terryoh wrote:Honestly, I'm very scared. Game 7 is up in the air. I might die of a heart-attack.

Know what you mean, I cannot believe how badly they've been beat in Boston.
gamer4Life
General Manager
And1: 1,077

Post#39 » by gamer4Life » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:51 pm

terryoh wrote:Nice win, Vancouver.

I know it's asking a lot (and I mean A LOT), but can you please win in Boston? That's be the best thing ever.

All of Toronto is supporting you, Vancouver! All Canadians, and especially Torontonians, will be Vancouverites if you win!

Do Chicago Blackhawk fans cheer for the Bruins just because they are American? Vancouver fans will definitely not cheer for the Leafs if the Leafs make it to the finals.
j127
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by j127 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:16 pm

gamer4Life wrote:Do Chicago Blackhawk fans cheer for the Bruins just because they are American?

Yes.

gamer4Life wrote:Vancouver fans will definitely not cheer for the Leafs if the Leafs make it to the finals.

I was kidding about your question above, BTW. I only wrote what I wrote because I know the vast majority of Toronto fans will NOT cheer for Vancouver, vice versa. But I support them, only because I've lived there for a bit.

Return to Vancouver Canucks