ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Dick wasn't enough for the Raptors, Knicks win with a Precious facial to top it off!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Re: PG: Dick wasn't enough for the Raptors, Knicks win with a Precious facial to top it off! 

Post#181 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 pm

Synciere wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

That's just Spida saying the right thing. Let us or Miami get into the mix and we'll see just how much he loves Cleveland lol..

Dan Snyder about to bust out the Comic Sans again soon...
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,693

Re: PG: Dick wasn't enough for the Raptors, Knicks win with a Precious facial to top it off! 

Post#182 » by mpharris36 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 pm

Knick4Real wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

traded away RJ, IQ, and Grimes only for Duece to emerge as our best young player! :o :o :o

The way Deuce is playing, if anybody is still missing Grimes they should be banned ASAP!!

he's better and not soft...love that he has that football player mentality.

He was showing out in the g-league and at practice he just need the opportunity to do it on the big stage and he has run with it.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#183 » by moocow007 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:46 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:Have we ever seen a young player improve his shooting as much as Deuce has? That 3pt shot is lethal!

Mitch looked good! Fingers crossed he doesn't suffer any setbacks like OG.

Precious dunk on that scrub was NASTY!

Got sad seeing RJ and IQ on their bench. Don't get me wrong I'm happy with what I've seen from OG when he played and I'm happy that Deuce got an opportunity and Precious has been a nice addition as well but I miss having RJ and IQ. Both are such good kids and were easy to root for. Wish them nothing but success!!

He was killing it in the gleague. Not sure if he was shooting this good but its clear as day that he just wasn't getting enough playing time to get into rhythm

Thibs gets all this hate for choosing vets over youth but he's much better at player development and evaluating talent than he's given credit for

Yeah really not sure where the notion that Thibs stunts the growth of young players. I think he actually helps develop those young players that are willing to be put in through the Thibs grind and want to become better (the right way). If you take a look at the players that played for him there were quite a lot of guys that turned out real well. With the Bulls you had Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson were all in the first couple years of their career and it was under Thibs watch that they really exploded into the type of players that they became.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,110

Post#184 » by sol537 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 pm

moocow007 wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:Have we ever seen a young player improve his shooting as much as Deuce has? That 3pt shot is lethal!

Got sad seeing RJ and IQ on their bench. Don't get me wrong I'm happy with what I've seen from OG when he played and I'm happy that Deuce got an opportunity and Precious has been a nice addition as well but I miss having RJ and IQ. Both are such good kids and were easy to root for. Wish them nothing but success!!

He was killing it in the gleague. Not sure if he was shooting this good but its clear as day that he just wasn't getting enough playing time to get into rhythm

Thibs gets all this hate for choosing vets over youth but he's much better at player development and evaluating talent than he's given credit for

Yeah really not sure where the notion that Thibs stunts the growth of young players. I think he actually helps develop those young players that are willing to be put in through the Thibs grind and want to become better (the right way). If you take a look at the players that played for him there were quite a lot of guys that turned out real well. With the Bulls you had Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson were all in the first couple years of their career and it was under Thibs watch that they really exploded into the type of players that they became.

How many young players went on to have stellar (or even noticeably better) careers after they left Thibs' "development"?
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,489

Post#185 » by RHODEY » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 pm

j4remi wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:It felt like the Raptors were measuring their Dick last night, and although Dick was massive in the beginning, it felt like playing Raptors were playing with Dick alone and they were left unsatisfied in the end.

Honestly, if the Raptors had two or three more Dicks, maybe they coulda kept things close.

Would you take Dick...over BogdonoDick?
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,400

Post#186 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 pm

Deuce better like Ohio
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,523

Post#187 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 pm

Some players simply can't be developed into good players.

Cam Reddish or Obi Toppin had issues of their own that no amount of coaching could fix.

Just like Spo couldn't turn Beasley and Kerr couldn't turn Wiseman into reliable rotation players. They're two of the great coaches of the modern era.

The only young player whose development I criticized was - ironically - RJ's. I don't think Thibs managed his development well at all.

He was much more patient with the likes of IQ and McBride and it paid huge dividends. Mitch also reached another level as a defender under Thibs.

But of course Thibs is merely a mediocre mind and the game of basketball would be blessed to have some Realgm posters coach the game and take it to another level. Everybody's stupid but them. They have it all figured out.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,094

Post#188 » by stuporman » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 pm

sol537 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:He was killing it in the gleague. Not sure if he was shooting this good but its clear as day that he just wasn't getting enough playing time to get into rhythm

How many young players went on to have stellar (or even noticeably better) careers after they left Thibs' "development"?

So...how many? ...and who?

Lavine? Eesh...probably the most undesirable 'star' that there is in the league.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,094

Post#189 » by stuporman » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Deuce better like Ohio

Someone is obligated according to the forum guidelines to post this...
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,209

Post#190 » by Capn'O » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 pm

moocow007 wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:

And Jimmy Butler.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,209

Post#191 » by Capn'O » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:The only young player whose development I criticized was - ironically - RJ's. I don't think Thibs managed his development well at all.

There's only so much left side :dontknow:

No clue what happened with Grimes but apparently he sucks now.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,561

Post#192 » by Guano » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Guano wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

3toheadmelo wrote:RealMD wrong once again :lol: people was out here going ham against Thibs last night and calling him to get fired. Awful takes!

:nonono:
Melo ruining OG's career for his C's is some of his nastiest work.

Dude his elbow is just a little swollen from cortisone injections!!!!!

RealMD strikes again!!!!

BE BETTER GUAN0

We need to get OG to that tiktok shaman
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,561

Post#193 » by Guano » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:Some players simply can't be developed into good players.

Cam Reddish or Obi Toppin had issues of their own that no amount of coaching could fix.

Just like Spo couldn't turn Beasley and Kerr couldn't turn Wiseman into reliable rotation players. They're two of the great coaches of the modern era.

The only young player whose development I criticized was - ironically - RJ's. I don't think Thibs managed his development well at all.

He was much more patient with the likes of IQ and McBride and it paid huge dividends. Mitch also reached another level as a defender under Thibs.

But of course Thibs is merely a mediocre mind and the game of basketball would be blessed to have some Realgm posters coach the game and take it to another level. Everybody's stupid but them. They have it all figured out.

Thank you. But feel free to name me next time. I'm humble enough to handle such lofty praise.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#194 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:The only young player whose development I criticized was - ironically - RJ's. I don't think Thibs managed his development well at all.

There's only so much left side :dontknow:

No clue what happened with Grimes but apparently he sucks now.

Miami series broke him :o

That airball 3 from the corner reminded me of Stojakovic's airball in game 7 of the WCF back in '02. Our guy was shook shook.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#195 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 pm

Guano wrote:

Thank you. But feel free to name me next time. I'm humble enough to handle such lofty praise.

Coach Guan0vich and his rectangle offense
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,988

Post#196 » by BigShot Bojan » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 pm

for the cap constraint and drop in defense i dont think i make the trade. I want solid defense and offense. He is a top 5 contract in the league
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,591

Post#197 » by Meat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 pm

BigShot Bojan wrote:

for the cap constraint and drop in defense i dont think i make the trade. I want solid defense and offense. He is a top 5 contract in the league

that's what makes him valuable, prob more than the picks now
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#198 » by Kampuchea » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 pm

The thing that stunted RJ was less about coaching and more about teammates. RJ can’t be the focus with Brunson and Randle being better players, plus RJ plays better on an offense without legit centers in the paint.

If Randle was injured before the trade maybe RJ would have increased his value a bit.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,988

Post#199 » by BigShot Bojan » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 pm

Meat wrote:
BigShot Bojan wrote:

that's what makes him valuable, prob more than the picks now

lol if grimes bum ass was untouchable than deuce is an immediate hangup
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#200 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 pm

Kampuchea wrote:

The thing that stunted RJ was less about coaching and more about teammates. RJ can’t be the focus with Brunson and Randle being better players, plus RJ plays better on an offense without legit centers in the paint.

If Randle was injured before the trade maybe RJ would have increased his value a bit.

I'd agree with you about his offense but he should've been held accountable for his lack of defense and his general unwillingness to move the ball. These things were more about accountability than personel. Even if we assumed the lack of efficiency, he should have been a more well-rounded player with us for the PT he was given and ultimately I think the responsibility fell primarily on the coach.

Return to New York Knicks