ImageImageImageImageImage

Some love for Josh Hart

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,030

Re: Some love for Josh Hart 

Post#21 » by Besart19 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 pm

If Randle (and OG) is fully healthy and focused then we are top contenders in the East...
Strength and Honour!
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,489

Post#22 » by RHODEY » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:57 pm

Besart19 wrote:If Randle (and OG) is fully healthy and focused then we are top contenders in the East...

Defense will be insane with Mitch, OG, and , Deuce on the floor at the same time.
Snacks
Rookie
And1: 1,115

Post#23 » by Snacks » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:I knew he's been playing well, but I didn't realize it was quite this well.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/josh-hart-has-set-knicks-record-with-production/ar-BB1kEngp?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=1804a94e0636403697edc891575ae481&ei=10

He has also turned into a nightly triple-double threat. In the first 418 games of his NBA career, Hart didn’t record a single triple-double. In the last 24 games he has recorded six

This is one of the reasons I called him a bum. 3 teams in 5 years and also got decent minutes at every stop - in his own words - he couldn't find a home. In Portland - it's not just that he didn't hit 3's, he was scared to shoot - how was this guy going to play in MSG?

robillionaire wrote:I was critical of the amount of money he got paid but nobody can say he didn’t earn it this year with the amount of minutes he’s played and winning basketball

...you weren't the only one -- and it was a reasonable criticism. Part of Leon's code is to pay everybody's mama - get the constituency paid - this looked like a case of that (while making Brunson happy) - and we all know how such things can go sideways.

...But the proof is in the pudding. He's played well for 2years now ... in the regular season.
I know he pushes the ball and rebounds, but for me, it's his quickness around the basket that makes a difference. He adds to the chaos in the paint that Randle, Mitch,Ihart, and now Precious brings. Obviously, Knicks are a possession team, and 2nd chance points are gold.

However, if he can't hit his 3's -- Knicks will continue to play 4 on 5 on offense - which is a fatal flaw when the knicks play good teams. But, while I'm impressed with how he can still make a play sometimes, driving from the 3 point line and forcing a close out instead of taking a shot, Boston and the Bucks can really take advantage if he's out there with say, Mitch or Precious.
Mitch
Towns
OG
Spida
JB
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,034

Post#24 » by cgf » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 pm

A lot of what Josh is doing is exactly what I expected and why I never understood people griping about his contract, but it is a little wild to me just how automatic he is slashing to the rim in space. He's not a great driver in crowds, but I don't always appreciate just how good his finishing is when there's some space.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,526

Post#25 » by KnicksGod » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 pm

Special player
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,873

Post#26 » by 8516knicks » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Besart19 wrote:If Randle (and OG) is fully healthy and focused then we are top contenders in the East...

Defense will be insane with Mitch, OG, and , Deuce on the floor at the same time.

For those that follow these things (you know who u are), what are the stats with those 3 and Brun and Randle on the floor at the same time??? (Or sub Ihart for Mitch).
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,034

Post#27 » by cgf » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 pm

8516knicks wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

For those that follow these things (you know who u are), what are the stats with those 3 and Brun and Randle on the floor at the same time??? (Or sub Ihart for Mitch).

Don't think Deuce has been on the court with OG & Brundle yet:

https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/advanced?CF=GROUP_NAME*E*randle:GROUP_NAME*E*brunson:GROUP_NAME*E*anunoby&TeamID=1610612752&dir=D&slug=advanced&sort=MIN
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,489

Post#28 » by RHODEY » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:26 am

cgf wrote:
8516knicks wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Don't think Deuce has been on the court with OG & Brundle yet:

https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/advanced?CF=GROUP_NAME*E*randle:GROUP_NAME*E*brunson:GROUP_NAME*E*anunoby&TeamID=1610612752&dir=D&slug=advanced&sort=MIN

Same for Mitch
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,903

Post#29 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:41 am

RHODEY wrote:
sol537 wrote:if only the dude could shoot three's... he'd be a borderline all star

He's gonna work woth JJ Reddick....Funny thing I remember watching him other teams and it must of been during one of his hot streaks....he looked like a sniper.

With his off-balance form he will always be streaky. but that effort, the defense, and the ability to hit that big momentum shot are there.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,403

Post#30 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:25 pm

Return to New York Knicks