ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Dick wasn't enough for the Raptors, Knicks win with a Precious facial to top it off!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,341

Re: PG: Dick wasn't enough for the Raptors, Knicks win with a Precious facial to top it off! 

Post#221 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:02 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
CB wriggling out of his RJ assessment.

What big things did IQ accomplish

He would roast me for being high on Deuce too... The tables have turned!

If it was legal and no other *big deals* were available this summer would you trade Deuce and Bogs for IQ?

I prefer Deuce to IQ, especially because he is already so damn reliable. He's a bucket on one end and a disruptor on the other.

And my gut says Deuce will be clutch in ways IQ will not be. Deuce is steady under pressure which can result in him becoming a big time marquee player if he sustains his current production. His numbers right now are exceptional. We'll need a full season to know fully how far he can take this, but I see no reason to doubt him.
ImageImageImage
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,341

Re: PG: Dick wasn't enough for the Raptors, Knicks win with a Precious facial to top it off! 

Post#222 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:07 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

If it was legal and no other *big deals* were available this summer would you trade Deuce and Bogs for IQ?

IQ is going to need a big contract and Deuce is on a cheap deal so it's an easy call to keep Deuce
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,094

Post#223 » by stuporman » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:27 am

Guano posting his side piece in here... I'll allow it.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,561

Post#224 » by Guano » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:24 am

stuporman wrote:Guano posting his side piece in here... I'll allow it.

I stay away from trustafarians
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,210

Post#225 » by Capn'O » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:36 am

Guano wrote:

That chic probably has "bad news" tattooed somewhere.

I'd probably still be like "I dunno. I didn't see the signs."
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,716

Post#226 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:14 am

Capn'O wrote:
Guano wrote:

I wouldn’t think twice about banging that “chick.” I didn’t know that it was acceptable to call hot-looking women “chicks” here. Is “broads” acceptable as well? 8-)
Free Palestine
Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,561

Post#227 » by Guano » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:23 am

Capn'O wrote:
Guano wrote:

I couldn't make it pass the patchouli.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#228 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:55 am

Capn'O wrote:
Guano wrote:

Ha ha ha, that's like saying I live in Portland and I still don't get what Portlandia was all about

ImageImageImage
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,043

Post#229 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:18 am

cgf wrote:OG & Ju are just making sure they're ready for that Chicago trip...please...

doesn't seem likely. at least in randle's case. he has to first be able to take full contact, then practice probably at least twice and see how those things go. that's a week away minimum if he started taking contact today.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,523

Post#230 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:24 am

KnicksGod wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Some players simply can't be developed into good players.

Cam Reddish or Obi Toppin had issues of their own that no amount of coaching could fix.

Just like Spo couldn't turn Beasley and Kerr couldn't turn Wiseman into reliable rotation players. They're two of the great coaches of the modern era.

The only young player whose development I criticized was - ironically - RJ's. I don't think Thibs managed his development well at all.

He was much more patient with the likes of IQ and McBride and it paid huge dividends. Mitch also reached another level as a defender under Thibs.

But of course Thibs is merely a mediocre mind and the game of basketball would be blessed to have some Realgm posters coach the game and take it to another level. Everybody's stupid but them. They have it all figured out.

The thing that stunted RJ was less about coaching and more about teammates. RJ can’t be the focus with Brunson and Randle being better players, plus RJ plays better on an offense without legit centers in the paint.

If Randle was injured before the trade maybe RJ would have increased his value a bit.

We're talking about player development, aren't we.

IQ finished second in 6MOY voting in his 3rd season and scored high every year in impact metrics. It's a positive development arc, no matter how much energy you want to spend diminishing him.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#231 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:29 am

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
The thing that stunted RJ was less about coaching and more about teammates. RJ can’t be the focus with Brunson and Randle being better players, plus RJ plays better on an offense without legit centers in the paint.

If Randle was injured before the trade maybe RJ would have increased his value a bit.

Deuce has shattered my expectations but my point was moreso about being patient. There was no reason to be up in arms about his PT when he clearly wasn't ready to handle big minutes.

They went to the lab and worked on his game and he gradually got acclimated to the league. Now he's deservedly earned his spot in the rotation.

Players aren't always ready from day 1. Sometimes it takes time and we have to accept that lack of PT doesn't necessarily equate lack of player development.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,311

Post#232 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:40 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Guano wrote:

I wouldn’t think twice about banging that “chick.” I didn’t know that it was acceptable to call hot-looking women “chicks” here. Is “broads” acceptable as well? 8-)

Yes
:beer: RIP mags
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,511

Post#233 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:48 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

Deuce has shattered my expectations but my point was moreso about being patient. There was no reason to be up in arms about his PT when he clearly wasn't ready to handle big minutes.

They went to the lab and worked on his game and he gradually got acclimated to the league. Now he's deservedly earned his spot in the rotation.

Players aren't always ready from day 1. Sometimes it takes time and we have to accept that lack of PT doesn't necessarily equate lack of player development.

Yeah deuce was deuce mcbrick for a while. Good thing Thibs brought him along slowly. Thibs is awesome
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,400

Post#234 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:02 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
j4remi wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:It felt like the Raptors were measuring their Dick last night, and although Dick was massive in the beginning, it felt like playing Raptors were playing with Dick alone and they were left unsatisfied in the end.

Honestly, if the Raptors had two or three more Dicks, maybe they coulda kept things close.

That would give TO a multi-donged offense

fixed
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,903

Post#235 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:30 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

I prefer Deuce to IQ, especially because he is already so damn reliable. He's a bucket on one end and a disruptor on the other.

And my gut says Deuce will be clutch in ways IQ will not be. Deuce is steady under pressure which can result in him becoming a big time marquee player if he sustains his current production. His numbers right now are exceptional. We'll need a full season to know fully how far he can take this, but I see no reason to doubt him.

Love both guys, but I feel Deuce is a good role player whereas IQ is that star 6th man. IQ can create offense in ways Deuce has yet to. Deuce is very well able to make the open shot generated by teammates, but IQ is able to be the guy that MAKES Deuce be open.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,526

Post#236 » by KnicksGod » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:35 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:

IQ finished second in 6MOY voting in his 3rd season and scored high every year in impact metrics. It's a positive development arc, no matter how much energy you want to spend diminishing him.

Yeah he developed and he’s good. But you keep making like he’s some surefire stud. We’ve already gone over this issue — positive development is one thing, impacting winning I don’t think I agree on how you’re defining that.

You can’t just say that and leave it at that without more.

Anyway positive development and impacting winning are great but you also make like criticizing IQ is always a personal attack on him lol, and maybe most crucially those metrics don’t mean a guy is worth $25M as a starting PG.

If it all leads to that, then maybe the development actually cost you a mistake (in paying and playing him big) because he has a good stat profile.

And you can’t go from thinking IQ was close to making it a wrap on his greatness to then rolling that back to well he was at least a guy who developed.

I am throwing a lot at you but I don’t think he looks that good in Toronto either. In fact I think they’re making a mistake.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM

Post#237 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:40 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

Yeah he developed and he’s good. But you keep making like he’s some surefire stud. We’ve already gone over this issue — positive development is one thing, impacting winning I don’t think I agree on how you’re defining that.

Anyway positive development and impacting winning are great but you also make like criticizing IQ is always a personal attack on him lol, and maybe most crucially those metrics don’t mean a guy is worth $25M as a starting PG.

If it all leads to that, then maybe the development actually cost you a mistake (in paying and playing him big) because he has a good stat profile.

And you can’t go from thinking IQ was close to making it a wrap on his greatness to then rolling that back to well he was at least a guy who developed.

I am throwing a lot at you but I don’t think he looks that good in Toronto either. In fact I think they’re making a mistake.

I don't know, you're the one who seems to instigate that conversation.

IQ played well for us (which is corroborated by most impact metrics) and he improved from year 1 to year 4. He was in the running for winning an end-of-season award as a third-year player, and deservedly so.

I'm not interested in any discussion about his long-term future here. Or whatever you say my opinion on the matter is or isn't.

The topic was player development under Thibs and the reality is that his development here was a success story. Was it all Thibs, or all IQ, or a combination of both, I don't know. But he developed into a good player under Thibs's tutelage and that was the only point I was making.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,526

Post#238 » by KnicksGod » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:46 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:We're talking about player development, aren't we.

I don't know, you're the one who seems to instigate that conversation.

IQ played well for us (which is corroborated by most impact metrics) and he improved from year 1 to year 4. He was in the running for winning an end-of-season award as a third-year player, and deservedly so.

I'm not interested in any discussion about his long-term future here. Or whatever you say my opinion on the matter is or isn't.

The topic was player development under Thibs and the reality is that his development here was a success story. Was it all Thibs, or all IQ, or a combination of both, I don't know. But he developed into a good player under Thibs's tutelage and that was the only point I was making.

Fair enough but the scope does change a little. Good player, developed well, but major stud seems like it’s sort of the narrative that is lurking.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#239 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:01 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

Love both guys, but I feel Deuce is a good role player whereas IQ is that star 6th man. IQ can create offense in ways Deuce has yet to. Deuce is very well able to make the open shot generated by teammates, but IQ is able to be the guy that MAKES Deuce be open.

Have to disagree with you on this. Deuce has been showing plenty of ability to create his own shot, probe and exploit the defense, drive to the rack and make opportunistic putbacks off the offensive boards. He also has better athletic ability than IQ and Deuce has good body control when airborne. For a 6'1'' guard he has decent hops.

A month ago people on this board were saying Deuce was a limited offensive player and he is proving otherwise.

And Deuce has much better shot selection than IQ. He mostly takes shots he is ready to make whereas IQ's shot selection as a Knick was sometimes quite random. Shot selection can be a big factor in a player's effectiveness and I feel Deuce is smarter in this way.

Finally, Deuce is great at taking care of the ball. He is not turnover prone. IQ could get reckless at times.

I don't follow TO so I don't know how IQ has evolved so take that into consideration as I'm comparing them based on their Knicks tenure.
ImageImageImage
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Post#240 » by cgf » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:12 pm

god shammgod wrote:
cgf wrote:OG & Ju are just making sure they're ready for that Chicago trip...please...

doesn't seem likely. at least in randle's case. he has to first be able to take full contact, then practice probably at least twice and see how those things go. that's a week away minimum if he started taking contact today.

Hold your tongue. They'll both start on the 9th. So it is written, so it shall be.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!

Return to New York Knicks