ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Refs help the new NBA Goldenboy Flopper beat Knicks despite Brunson's 61 point game.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,463

Re: PG: Refs help the new NBA Goldenboy Flopper beat Knicks despite Brunson's 61 point game. 

Post#161 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:02 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
sol537 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
you entirely missed the point

being off national TV is exactly the kind of game you'd fix

What does anyone gain by fixing it for the spurs over the Knicks? Pretty meaningless game.

No game is meaningless when it comes to betting and getting a piece of the action. The league is dirty and getting worse. A disparity of 32 to 12 is absurd.

We've had 6 games this year where we've taken less than that, it's the nature of our offense, we've had a bunch of games where we've taken exactly 12 too. With just 1 guy that can dribble we don't have many options getting to the line if they're not calling fouls on his attempts.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,478

Re: PG: Refs help the new NBA Goldenboy Flopper beat Knicks despite Brunson's 61 point game. 

Post#162 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:09 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
sol537 wrote:
What does anyone gain by fixing it for the spurs over the Knicks? Pretty meaningless game.

No game is meaningless when it comes to betting and getting a piece of the action. The league is dirty and getting worse. A disparity of 32 to 12 is absurd.

We've had 6 games this year where we've taken less than that, it's the nature of our offense, we've had a bunch of games where we've taken exactly 12 too. With just 1 guy that can dribble we don't have many options getting to the line if they're not calling fouls on his attempts.

I get your point, but it's not just that. They gifted them an abundance of fouls that were ridiculous. Even when accounting for any natural disparities, they skewed the spread further.
ImageImageImage
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,444

Post#163 » by drekwins » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:16 am

The few things that jump out to me when looking at the box score:

1) Jalen - +20 in 43 min
2) Bogey - -16 in 15 minutes. 2 turnovers. 5 missed shots. 4pts on 7 FGA. No assists. When does this experiment end?
3) Huge FT differential
4) Good job on the offensive glass +10
5) Won the turnover battle
6) 3 point shooting was basically even
7) Their bench really gave them a lift

We lost this game because of FT shooting and our current lack of productive depth. Giving up 53%FG and 40% FT didnt help either. All in all, I'm not too concerned, though. Once Bogey is out of the rotation, and OG is in, this game is clearly a win. I just feel bad that Brunson's 60 and +20 were in vain.

I also question whether Precious was wrongly moved out of the starting lineup. I believe that once OG is back, Precious should play with the starters, and both McBride and Hart should come off the bench. I think this will even out our offensive production a bit more.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,130

Post#164 » by stuporman » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:21 am

Brunson shot the fewest FTa by a player that scored 60 in a game since the NBA-ABA merger...hm
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Davis18
Senior
And1: 706

Post#165 » by Davis18 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:00 am

NBA is a showtime business.
We are ultimate villain and Wemby is their new super hero.
We should have won.
Thank god for Brunhim.
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,692

Post#166 » by oldshoolballer » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:33 am

Clyde_Style wrote:Spurs 32 Free Throws

Knicks 12 Free Throws

How can anyone see that stat and not think the game was rigged?

I have a couple of long time friends who have completely given up on pro sports. The gambling has just gotten to big and out of control. I'm not there yet but getting closer myself.
egelband
Rookie
And1: 374

Post#167 » by egelband » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:38 am

Knicks always get absurdly jobbed in Texas.
I dunno.
egelband
Rookie
And1: 374

Post#168 » by egelband » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:50 am

2010 wrote:Thibs seemed pissed about the refs in his post game presser but bit his tongue. He just kept repeating “it’s a tough way to lose.” You know what that means in coach-speak.

Yep. Didn’t let the players decide it. Did the league issue one of their mea culpa “whoopsie” declarations?
I dunno.
Kineto
Sophomore
And1: 173

Post#169 » by Kineto » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:42 am

omerome wrote:
Gravy wrote:What was that jump ball violation. Looks like the both jumped at the same time

It was a stupid stupid call. At the very least, have them jump it again.

https://official.nba.com/rule-no-6-putting-ball-in-play-live-dead-ball/

Section VII—Restrictions Governing Jump Balls

Each jumper must have at least one foot on or inside that half of the jumping circle which is farthest from his own basket. Each jumper must have both feet within the restraining circle.
The ball must be tapped by one or both of the players participating in the jump ball after it reaches its highest If the ball falls to the floor without being tapped by at least one of the jumpers, one of the officials off the ball shall whistle the ball dead and signal another toss.
Neither jumper may tap the tossed ball before it reaches its highest point.
Neither jumper may leave his half of the jumping circle until the ball has been
Neither jumper may catch the tossed or tapped ball until it touches one of the eight non-jumpers, the floor, the basket or the backboard.
Neither jumper is permitted to tap the ball more than twice on any jump
The eight non-jumpers will remain outside the restraining circle until the ball has been tapped. Teammates may not occupy adjacent positions around the restraining circle if an opponent desires one of the positions. No player may position himself immediately behind an opponent on the restraining circle.
Penalty for c., d., e., f., g.: Ball awarded out-of-bounds to the opponent.
Player position on the restraining circle is determined by the direction of a player’s basket. The player whose basket is nearest shall have first choice of position, with positions being alternated thereafter.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,414

Post#170 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:00 am

HerSports85 wrote:With our schedule, we really needed this one. 9 games remaining. I think we go 4-5

That's optimistic
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#171 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:02 am

sol537 wrote:

Knicks 12 Free Throws

Why would the nba rig such a meaningless game that wasn’t even on national TV?

Outside of the Nova three, we played like crap collectively. Soft on defense and perhaps too reliant on Brunson on offense. We didn’t deserve to win.

Because Wemby was playing against a huge market team.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#172 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:04 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
sol537 wrote:

Outside of the Nova three, we played like crap collectively. Soft on defense and perhaps too reliant on Brunson on offense. We didn’t deserve to win.

you entirely missed the point

being off national TV is exactly the kind of game you'd fix

Outside of Jalen we don't have anyone else that puts any kind of pressure on the rim, usually we get some freethrows off second chances but everyone is afraid to challenge Victor when they get an offensive board, what's normally a strong putback attempt becomes a couple pump fakes and passes out. I think Victor had something to do with our lack of freethrows, also the Spurs pass a lot and attack rotating closeouts, where as we just iso with 1 guy right now.

Also, our centers make it really easy for him to defend the paint, since neither really poses a threat outside the paint. At least IHart can make passes, but Wemby was in drop just waiting for anyone coming off his screens.

When the Knicks get Towns and Donovan Mitchell, these issues will be corrected.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#173 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:09 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
sol537 wrote:

I think the refs had a finger on the scale, but there's also the issue that without Randle, there isn't really a bonafide 2nd scoring option, and no, Donte doesn't really count.

Even Randle has his issues, as you really don't want him creating with the ball in his hands from the 3 point line on into the rim; not too often.

Knicks lack that other wing, which is kind of an issue as they filled those spots with Donte, who is a 6th man, and OG, who isn't that dynamic on offense. Which in fine for the regular season but will probably be an issue for the playoffs, if OG even plays in them.

Donte could move to the bench if the Knicks add a wing.
I suppose the Knicks could try for more offense from the 5 if Towns is truly available for economic reasons.

Randle I'm not even counting on, because if he comes back, it'll be as hobbled Randle, which might be ok in another player, but of course Randle will still try to have the ball 40% of the time and take 20 shots a game.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,512

Post#174 » by duetta » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:14 am

aggo wrote:we needed a second scorer

not a guy that camps the 3pt line and waits for something to happen

That would be Randle.
Ma10
Senior
And1: 533

Post#175 » by Ma10 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:31 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
sol537 wrote:

Knicks 12 Free Throws

Yeah we get it, the nba is rigged! I
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#176 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:34 am

Ma10 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
sol537 wrote:

Yeah we get it, the nba is rigged! I

DON'T MAKE ME SHARE MY THOUGHTS ON THE INTERSECTION OF NBA RIGGING AND Q!
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,466

Post#177 » by Capn'O » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:41 pm

I said it in the game thread but I think with a few adjustments the Spurs win 50 next season. He's that good.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,707

Post#178 » by Fat Kat » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:47 pm

Read on Twitter

Love this guy
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,588

Post#179 » by Iron Mantis » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:02 pm

More often than not, tanking is the way to get generational talent.
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,647

Post#180 » by Gravy » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:04 pm

Games like this remind you how much they miss OG and Randle. His 25/10/5 every night should never be taken for granted because of his usual couple of dumb plays. Jalen and Deuce won't be enough against the top teams

Return to New York Knicks