ImageImageImageImageImage

Game Thread: New York Knicks (2nd seed) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (7th seed) Saturday, April 20th 6 p.m.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,936

Re: Game Thread: New York Knicks (2nd seed) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (7th seed) Saturday, April 20th 6 p.m. 

Post#221 » by spree8 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:31 am

aggo wrote:I dontk now what nurse will do

but he's gonna do something drastic to ensure brunson gets taken out of the game

I can see him basically betting the entire series on forcing us to hit threes.

Jalen is unstoppable
3eePointGoal
Bench Warmer
And1: 881

Re: Game Thread: New York Knicks (2nd seed) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (7th seed) Saturday, April 20th 6 p.m. 

Post#222 » by 3eePointGoal » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:47 am

Knick4Real wrote:
3eePointGoal wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g
Damn.... this is the type of player that our city falls in love with. Definition of a captain and leader. Thank you Jalen for putting this city of your back but showing it on your chest. You my dear friend are a true Knick.

Saturday is bout to be a scene at msg
C- Andre Drummond, Jared Sullinger
PF- Zach Randolph, Marquese Chriss
SF- Danilo Gallinari, Jerami Grant
SG- Devin Booker, Arron Afflalo, Randy Foye
PG- Rajon Rondo, Emmanuel Mudiay

pmoney681@gmail.com
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,593

Post#223 » by RHODEY » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:50 am

drekwins wrote:
The Vo Show wrote:Just realized we gotta deal with Kyle Lowry for another playoff series. Such a frustrating player to watch, does all the dirty little things to annoy opponents

Lowry is my fear for this series. I dont really care about anyone else. Lowry has the potential to be very annoying.

Yes in a close game he concerns me. Hopefully we can run the legs off off them so that it doesn't come down to that.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,767

Post#224 » by mpharris36 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:00 am

dakomish23 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
We're not exactly the kind of team that you "get healthier" against either :lol:

yeah thats why all the "if" Embiid is healthy takes...he is clearly not and will not be.

Dude was keeled over for half the game. Yes he still put up some numbers. But he def is compromised. To the point we are going to involved him in a lot of screens and our bigs are going to make him bang and rebound because if he doesn't we will kill them on the glass.

And I know NDOS said its not ideal to have a big part of your offense offensive rebounds but its also what helped us dominate the cavs series. We can see how demoralizing dominating the glass can be.

And since Embiid is compromised we have the best player in the series.

We should win this.

Healthy meaning he plays not he’s a 100%.

B/C even at this compromised level he still finished the final stretch at

30 / 9 / 5 on 49 /48/ 88

Don’t underestimate an opponent. We should have learned that lesson last year when ppl were desperate to play MIA instead of MIL

I'm certainly not underestimating an opponent. Do you think I am because I expect to win? We are a top 10 team in OFF and DEF. I think we are a really good team and we can win this series. That isn't underestimating them. That is just having confidence in our roster.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,963

Post#225 » by SelbyCobra » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:18 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Posting some appropriate music for a NY vs. Philly series to set the mood

Spoiler:
"What the f*ck these _____ talking about? I'll shotgun the door off the frame and walk in ya house, leave you in an awkward position, coughing and pissing...."

For me, one of the hardest, grimiest, most concise NY beats ever. This is all black hoodies on the way to something we're trying not to be seen right after at type music.

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,396

Post#226 » by god shammgod » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:32 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
god shammgod wrote:embiid looked out of conditioning more than anything else. he was tired all game. i'm not sure it was the injury that was holding him back.

How do you see this going, we usually see series the same way despite being you being a terrible person, which means I may be a terrible person too.

you may be ?!?!?? :rofl2:

but anyway, if he's healthy enough i don't think we'll win the series. when embiid played this year they had a better winning percentage than boston. he was the best player in the league this year before he got hurt. but without him they are pretty bad. so it's really about how much he can give. he didn't look great in the play-in game but the 5 games he played before that he looked better. we have one real scorer and the team pretty much falls apart every time he sits. their best player is better than ours and their 2nd option is better than our 2nd best. i'm honestly not even sure who our 2nd option is. is it divo ? josh hart ? we have superior depth but that doesn't mean that much in the playoffs usually.
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,245

Post#227 » by The Lamma » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:34 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
The Lamma wrote:
adjacent2bench wrote:Image

Last time we played Philly in the playoffs. 1989.

Left to right: Sidney Green, Johnny Newman, Eddie Lee Wilkins, Mark Jackson, Oakman

Damn I'm old :lol:

Freakin loved Johnny Newman. He looked like he weighed 100 pounds but still tried to yam on everyone

Newman would have games where he'd light it up

Gerald Wilkins was my fave Knick back in those days. My first Knicks poster was this in the 80s:

2nd round pick dubbed "Baby Nique," the younger brother of Dominique.

Game 1 vs Sixers 1989 playoffs: 16-21 from the floor, 34 points

Game 3: 22 pts, 11 reb, 8 ast, 4 stl

Underrated overforgotten Knick from a bygone era, probably due to living in his brothers' shadow... Gerald Wilkins
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,536

Post#228 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:56 am

The Lamma wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
The Lamma wrote:
Left to right: Sidney Green, Johnny Newman, Eddie Lee Wilkins, Mark Jackson, Oakman

Freakin loved Johnny Newman. He looked like he weighed 100 pounds but still tried to yam on everyone

Gerald Wilkins was my fave Knick back in those days. My first Knicks poster was this in the 80s:

Underrated overforgotten Knick from a bygone era, probably due to living in his brothers' shadow... Gerald Wilkins

Good player. Would fit in with this squad actually.
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,866

Post#229 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:35 am

The Lamma wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
The Lamma wrote:

I went to a Knicks vs. Sixers game at The (old) Spectrum (before Wells Fargo Center) when Pitino coached the team with Wilkins, Johnny Newman, Mark Jackson, Kiki, and Ewing. They had 81 points at half time. It was just running and gunning with a barrage of 3 pointers. A fun game to watch.
Free Palestine
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,535

Post#230 » by drekwins » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:38 am

RHODEY wrote:
drekwins wrote:
The Vo Show wrote:Just realized we gotta deal with Kyle Lowry for another playoff series. Such a frustrating player to watch, does all the dirty little things to annoy opponents

Lowry is my fear for this series. I dont really care about anyone else. Lowry has the potential to be very annoying.

Yes in a close game he concerns me. Hopefully we can run the legs off off them so that it doesn't come down to that.

I like McBride vs. him in a matchup. McBride is the perfect defender for him. However, I'm not sure if McBride will be on the floor enough to make a huge difference.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,593

Post#231 » by RHODEY » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:49 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
The Lamma wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Good player. Would fit in with this squad actually.

Very good athlete but his erratic shooting always frustrated me.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,530

Post#232 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:52 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
god shammgod wrote:embiid looked out of conditioning more than anything else. he was tired all game. i'm not sure it was the injury that was holding him back.

How do you see this going, we usually see series the same way despite being you being a terrible person, which means I may be a terrible person too.

my bredren if sham is a terrible person then that makes you the best person on earth. never compare yourself to that nasty plague that has destroyed many young careers.

but i share the same concerns too lol

;ab_channel=DMX-Topic

You're top 2, and not 2.
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,715

Post#233 » by Buttah304 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:01 am

During the absence of Embiid, Sixers ranked #22 in O-Rating, #24 in D-Rating, #24 in assist, #24 in rebounding and #28 in pace. They were 11-18 without him during his meniscus surgery (31-51 trajectory).

In the 6 game stretch that Embiid came back in April, Philly ranked #11 in O-Rating, #1 in D-Rating and #7 in pace. Clearly his impact is MVP material, but IMO this is the exact time you want to catch them…

Joel is not going to suddenly find his strength and conditioning tomorrow. For a player his size with his fluidity it could take him 12-15 games to hit his absolute peak (he’s played in 6 games since he’s been back).

Better to get them now as opposed to having to see him in the second round as he truly hits his stride. If Philly had got the 6 seed I actually feel they could have made a significant run.

NY is the one team where Embiid cannot casually get his legs back. If anything the sheer physicality and movement off screens is going to cause him to re-injure himself. The Knicks at times can be a little chaotic diving for loose balls and causing havoc off broken plays and I can easily picture Embiid hurting himself non-contact.

Oh and it’s still FUQ “Heat Culture” even if we ain’t playing them.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,525

Post#234 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:23 am

If Joel is anywhere close to 100%, we're fcked.

If he's below 90%, we have a really good chance of winning the series.

We wouldn't have to ask ourselves this question if we'd tanked the last game but we're gonna live and die by that "play to win no matter what" sword and that's fine.

shamm was right, we're playing the second round in the first round. They chose to take that risk.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,707

Post#235 » by Iron Mantis » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:50 am

but he's gonna do something drastic to ensure brunson gets taken out of the game

Leave us open from 3? Easy way to sign their death warrant.

Brunson
OG
Bojan
Donte
McBride(although a bit unproven)

Certified 3pt snipers.

The only one that worries me is Josh....that nucca be scared to shoot.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,213

Post#236 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:58 am

SelbyCobra wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Posting some appropriate music for a NY vs. Philly series to set the mood

Spoiler:
"What the f*ck these _____ talking about? I'll shotgun the door off the frame and walk in ya house, leave you in an awkward position, coughing and pissing...."

For me, one of the hardest, grimiest, most concise NY beats ever. This is all black hoodies on the way to something we're trying not to be seen right after at type music.

Yes. Absolute classic beat. Here's where they got the bass sample from, you can hear it immediately when the song starts:

Don't mind me I'm a music production nerd.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,798

Post#237 » by Fat Kat » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:07 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,936

Post#238 » by spree8 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:10 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:If Joel is anywhere close to 100%, we're fcked.

If he's below 90%, we have a really good chance of winning the series.

We wouldn't have to ask ourselves this question if we'd tanked the last game but we're gonna live and die by that "play to win no matter what" sword and that's fine.

shamm was right, we're playing the second round in the first round. They chose to take that risk.

Ok I think it’s time to stop these shook posts people… let’s switch to showing some balls type energy knowing our guys will beat the brakes off them and maybe it’ll happen :meditate:
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,213

Post#239 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:16 am

We getting it on

Throw your man's leg on the lawn

He can't walk

Put your brother's tongue in the mail

He can't talk
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,587

Post#240 » by Wildcat » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:20 am

Iron Mantis wrote:

Leave us open from 3? Easy way to sign their death warrant.

Brunson
OG
Bojan
Donte
McBride(although a bit unproven)

Certified 3pt snipers.

The only one that worries me is Josh....that nucca be scared to shoot.

I think JB has played against better defenses. His pull-up 3 has really elevated his game.

Return to New York Knicks