ImageImageImageImageImage

Official MMA discussion thread pt 3 UFC 300: Pereira vs Hill, Zhang vs Xionan, BMF Gaethje vs Holloway

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,888

Re: Official MMA discussion thread pt 3 UFC 300: Pereira vs Hill, Zhang vs Xionan, BMF Gaethje vs Holloway 

Post#1261 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:50 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ryan Garcia is probably mentally ill but it's entertaining nonetheless

And why not? :lol:

Can anyone say that here without getting banned? Asking for a friend.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Re: Official MMA discussion thread pt 3 UFC 300: Pereira vs Hill, Zhang vs Xionan, BMF Gaethje vs Holloway 

Post#1262 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:24 pm

Interesting analysis of Pereira's KO of Hill. The Pinky Punch!

Free Palestine
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,715

Post#1263 » by Buttah304 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:00 pm

So……

Did nobody else see Ryan Garcia put on a masterclass performance vs Haney? I can’t believe I’m saying this but they didn’t even look like they’re on the same level of skill
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,250

Post#1264 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:17 pm

Buttah304 wrote:So……

Did nobody else see Ryan Garcia put on a masterclass performance vs Haney? I can’t believe I’m saying this but they didn’t even look like they’re on the same level of skill

He knocked him down multiple times and busted his mouth open. Garcia is a nut job but he can fight his ass off and had some real power behind those shots while Haney had nothing. Craziest sh*t I've seen in a minute.

If Garcia didn't inexplicably miss weight he would have taken the belt.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,715

Post#1265 » by Buttah304 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:19 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

He knocked him down multiple times and busted his mouth open. Garcia is a nut job but he can fight his ass off and had some real power behind those shots while Haney had nothing. Craziest sh*t I've seen in a minute.

Now I’m wondering just how good Tank is because he made Ryan look silly with his speed and work to the body
Ghetto Gospel
Veteran
And1: 2,623

Post#1266 » by Ghetto Gospel » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:36 pm

Buttah304 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Now I’m wondering just how good Tank is because he made Ryan look silly with his speed and work to the body

tank fought sober ryan, coked out ryan might be a better fighter
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,522

Post#1267 » by j4remi » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:44 am

I couldn't believe my eyes. Ryan really may have been playing crazy the whole time. I think the fact he missed weight by three pounds and didn't have a rehydration clause is a bigger deal than anything else...that and Tank Davis is just THAT good.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1268 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:54 pm

:lol: Check out the two OGs.

Free Palestine
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1269 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:20 am

Read on Twitter

I have no comment.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1270 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:59 am

Read on Twitter
/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1784434557602742466&currentTweetUser=LudisCharta

Holy sh*t

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1271 » by j4remi » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:32 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

Holy sh*t

I tuned into BKFC for Ben Rothwell and Mike Perry...their fights were both over in a couple minutes. But Alfredo Angulo, a boxer who I remember seeing on HBO After Dark back in the day, made up for it with that epic one-round war. Dude survived blatant hair grabbing.

It's par for the course too, Angulo was always tough as nails with a high work rate. He was pretty well-built for BKFC.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ghetto Gospel
Veteran

Post#1272 » by Ghetto Gospel » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:03 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

I have no comment.

ryan garcia going crazy on his victory tour
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1273 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:48 pm

j4remi wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

Holy sh*t

I tuned into BKFC for Ben Rothwell and Mike Perry...their fights were both over in a couple minutes. But Alfredo Angulo, a boxer who I remember seeing on HBO After Dark back in the day, made up for it with that epic one-round war. Dude survived blatant hair grabbing.

It's par for the course too, Angulo was always tough as nails with a high work rate. He was pretty well-built for BKFC.

The hair grabbing was unconscionable, is that allowed in bare knuckle fights or is the ref just a moron?

Sick stuff

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1274 » by MrDollarBills » Yesterday 10:32 pm

So Canelo fights this weekend and Oscar De La Hoya took an opportunity to talk sh*t about Saul to his face:

Read on Twitter

My Spanish ain't what it used to be, but I know that Canelo just cussed Oscar to his soul :lol:

Now peep, I dont condone what Canelo called Oscar at all, Oscar's sexuality is none of my business, but hearing him go off like that is funny as hell

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1275 » by j4remi » Today 9:56 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:So Canelo fights this weekend and Oscar De La Hoya took an opportunity to talk sh*t about Saul to his face:

Read on Twitter

My Spanish ain't what it used to be, but I know that Canelo just cussed Oscar to his soul :lol:

Now peep, I dont condone what Canelo called Oscar at all, Oscar's sexuality is none of my business, but hearing him go off like that is funny as hell

Yeah, that beef is crazy. De La Hoya's boy seems way bigger than Canelo too. That fight's not exactly the cakewalk people might assume.

We also get a decent couple of UFC fights this weekend. Jose Aldo returns to the UFC, and he's fighting a killer up-and-comer; then Alexandre Pantoja fights Steve Erceg for the 125 lbs title that's low-key given us some of the best title fights of the past few years.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ghetto Gospel
Veteran

Post#1276 » by Ghetto Gospel » Today 10:20 pm

j4remi wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:So Canelo fights this weekend and Oscar De La Hoya took an opportunity to talk sh*t about Saul to his face:

Read on Twitter

Yeah, that beef is crazy. De La Hoya's boy seems way bigger than Canelo too. That fight's not exactly the cakewalk people might assume.

We also get a decent couple of UFC fights this weekend. Jose Aldo returns to the UFC, and he's fighting a killer up-and-comer; then Alexandre Pantoja fights Steve Erceg for the 125 lbs title that's low-key given us some of the best title fights of the past few years.

301 might be the first main event i skip in a while. just seems... a bit lackluster, granted i am a casual so
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1277 » by MrDollarBills » 24 minutes ago

j4remi wrote:

Read on Twitter

Yeah I saw that Aldo is back. I am gonna try to catch that one too

I think Saul is gonna win but I agree. That kid Oscar has looks way bigger. Never seen him fight tho

Return to New York Knicks