ImageImageImageImageImage

post game : embiid great but he's a bitch

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,080

Re: post game : embiid great but he's a bitch 

Post#301 » by matchman » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:09 am

Oscirus wrote:now that lebron and durant are pretty much out of the playoffs, NBA is gonna do their damndest to keep embid in by any means necessary

Tatum in higher order? :P
Are you fans of the team or the player?
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,394

Post#302 » by Oscirus » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:21 am

matchman wrote:
Oscirus wrote:now that lebron and durant are pretty much out of the playoffs, NBA is gonna do their damndest to keep embid in by any means necessary

After that heat loss, I wouldn't bank on Cetlc's longevity either esp if they keep up that bull
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,080

Post#303 » by matchman » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:29 am

Oscirus wrote:
matchman wrote:

After that heat loss, I wouldn't bank on Cetlc's longevity either esp if they keep up that bull

If Celts are eliminated then the East champ should be wide open for nearly all surviving four. :nod:
Are you fans of the team or the player?
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,649

Post#304 » by duetta » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:24 am

Embiid's dirty, dangerous play on Mitch may have turned the series. And he gets rewarded for it.

The Knicks should file a protest with the league given how Embiid's play was responsible for Robinson's injury. He should be forced to sit until Robinson is healthy. Otherwise, the league is corrupt. I turned off the game in disgust in the 3rd quarter.
socal74
Rookie
And1: 1,238

Post#305 » by socal74 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:45 am

duetta wrote:Embiid's dirty, dangerous play on Mitch may have turned the series. And he gets rewarded for it.

The Knicks should file a protest with the league given how Embiid's play was responsible for Robinson's injury. He should be forced to sit until Robinson is healthy. Otherwise, the league is corrupt. I turned off the game in disgust in the 3rd quarter.

The head ref basically double downed on their decision when he commented on it after the game. Kinda sucks man. This is when you need one of the Morris twins to do the deed for payback. Not someone like Sims since his career is just getting started
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,426

Post#306 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:05 am

Guano wrote:Mitch left the arena in a walking boot

Damn

Embiid got what he wanted.

What a sh*tbag this guy is. Cries about the refs one second then behaves like a complete goon the next. If someone rolls into his knee on Sunday I won't feel sorry for him.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,083

Post#307 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:38 am

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

I don't get it, this clearly isn't your regular 7 seed, like I would have preferred to drop to 6th and play the bum ass Cavs instead or the Pacers like you said.

Whoever comes out of this series is most likely beating the Pacers or Bucks, so I don't get why people thought the Sixers would be a walk over.

They either don’t watch basketball outside of the Knicks or theyre being homers of the Knicks.

It’s funny cause something similar happened in BAF this week. I finished as the 8th seed and knocked out the 1st seed in the first round. The GM of the 1st seed was being pretty cocky and telling his opps in the threads to get ready for the second round while completely overlooking my team. I beat his team in 6 games and pretty much everyone is calling him out for being cocky and not respecting his opponent. It’s been fun to read lol

So seeing the Sixers in the 2nd round would’ve been a better option than seeing them when they’re most vulnerable? Embiid had a great game, props to him. But he isn’t dropping 50 every game. And the Sixers aren’t going to make 10+ 3s in a quarter again. We were in it until that anomaly of a 3rd quarter. And even then, there were moments it was within reach.

Also, dropping to 3rd or 4th seed wasn’t going to make it better for us. Pacers and Magic were tough matchups for us all year. Pacers just got a game on the road against the Bucks and the Magic just curb stomped the Cavs today.

Embiid is capable of going off any game. That’s how good he is. He’s a mvp player. And now he’s trying to injure our players on purpose. I’m not sure how anyone can watch the game last night and still think playing the Sixers is better than playing the pacers.

The pacers are playing the bucks who don’t have Giannis and are being coached by doc rivers. The Sixers are easily a worse matchup than the pacers for us.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,700

Post#308 » by oldshoolballer » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:39 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Embiid with 21 FTs

Embiid 21 free throws The entire Knicks team 19 free throws. I really don't want to believe this sh@t is rigged. Embiid should have been thrown out for a flagrant 2. I'm seriously considering to just stop watching the NBA.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,851

Post#309 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:45 am

DaGawd wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:What Zorba is saying is that it was an unnecessary play but not excessive, meaning: As far as basketball tackles go, it was just about the right amount of force

it was fkin dangerous any way you slice it. taking out a dudes foundation when he’s elevating.. bush league stuff

All emotions aside, these plays have been called that way consistently. It’s not like Embiid invented that little trick.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,865

Post#310 » by Adelheid » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:08 am

mitch should have stomped on him the moment he grabbed his leg

i fail to understand how could it not be a flagrant 2

i need to hear the referees' explanation how its not that serious to be f2
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,556

Post#311 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:39 am

We knew he was when he campaigned for his MVP last year (which he shouldn't have gotten). It was pretty shameless.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#312 » by NoStatsGuy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

at this point i dont know if i wanna say embiid is great.

without the refs giving him endless freethrows he wouldnt have done **** in this game besides injuring other players. im done with this guy. thibs needs to sub in sims, so he can grab embiid by the knee and drag him to the ground, then step on it by accident and fall on his half paralyzed face. Thats what the guy deserves
im bout dat action boss
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#313 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:14 am

Adelheid wrote:mitch should have stomped on him the moment he grabbed his leg

i fail to understand how could it not be a flagrant 2

i need to hear the referees' explanation how its not that serious to be f2

You'll get your answer right after this word from our sponsor, ESPN Bet.

Sign up now and you'll get $100 in site credit for your first initial parlay. Use promo code BITCHASSEMBIID to get started now!

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#314 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:17 am

If the refs are gonna give Embiid 20+ FTs then the Knicks need to ensure that he earns every single one of them. Put him on his ass.

Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,291

Post#315 » by Jstock12 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:19 am

I'm glad people are finally seeing the light. Embiid is a foul merchant. Granted, one of the best to ever do it.

Much like Giannis, he feels to me like a completely manufactured superstar. They both play by completely different rules than anyone else. Offensive fouls not getting called, ball carrying on every possession not getting called, flopping getting rewarded every single time.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,007

Post#316 » by F N 11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:39 am

**** Embiid I hope we took this game to heart. That was not basketball and we could have played better defense. However the calls we anticipated happened. **** cry babies I hate the sixers and Joel more than ever POs front runners.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Post#317 » by Reign23 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:39 am

just finished. man that sucks..
I am almost at the point where a Embiid loss is as enjoyable as our win.
oh and I think If Mitch grabbed his ankle after he went down, it would have been a flagrant two and the series would be over by now.
formerly known as knickst4pe
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,338

Post#318 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:44 am

I don't wanna discuss it!! Fuq that game! Getting rewarded for playing dirty all game is ridiculous!
:beer: RIP mags
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,083

Post#319 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:55 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:We knew he was when he campaigned for his MVP last year (which he shouldn't have gotten). It was pretty shameless.

He’s a dirty player for sure but he still played like an MVP nonetheless

Spoiler:
I hope we trade for him to see your reaction :D
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,556

Post#320 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:03 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:We knew he was when he campaigned for his MVP last year (which he shouldn't have gotten). It was pretty shameless.

He’s a dirty player for sure but he still played like an MVP nonetheless

Spoiler:
I hope we trade for him to see your reaction :D

He's not on the black list but that move on Mitch was some weird chit.

He was leading the mvp before he got hurt this year. He was a notch below last year though. He had a case but it was mostly narrative-driven. A narrative that he started by complaining and talking down other folks - nasty.

Return to New York Knicks