ImageImageImageImageImage

Is it too much to ask...

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,723

Re: Is it too much to ask... 

Post#21 » by Meat » Fri May 10, 2024 4:07 am

NYK_Lampe wrote:
Meat wrote:
NYK_Lampe wrote:

Sounds a bit contradictory to be 100% fully focused on the present while also talking about the future. But sure

Do you appreciate your life now? Are you excited for the future? See how that works?

Not quite comparable at all really. Again focusing on other teams stars when you're in the midst of the best playoff run we've had in close to 3 decades is only going to distract some from stopping and smelling the roses.

i'm sorry you cant do 2 things at once, it's a really handy skill
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,621

Post#22 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri May 10, 2024 8:25 am

cgmw wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
cgmw wrote:This is a lot more likely than people realize. Leon only moves if a deal makes us clearly better than the C’s. Otherwise the risk of losing the chemistry outweighs the potential benefit of Starphucking.

I’ll say this — Leon’s history with Booker makes me think they wouldn’t hesitate to pull that trigger even if it’s a questionable move.

That said, let’s win Game 3. Then Game 4. Then beat Boston. Period. /Story

Trading Donte would really piss off JB and Josh.

Donte, Mitch, and our draft picks?

That’s what I’m saying. It will be really hard for Leon to make a big move. Pressure to run it back will be sky high.

There are no really big moves to make...yet. All of the names dropped as targets around here are usually dream scenarios and not reality. Fully healthy we are a contender. That's lost on too many people. Look what we are doing with 7 man rotations. Up 2-0 in the second round with a skeleton crew. Pressure to run it back or common sense? Seems to be the latter to me,

Brunson/DDV/OG/Randle/iHart was the best team in the league for a month. Then we lost OG/Randle while dealing with several other injuries and fought for the 2 seed. There's not a lot that needs to be done here. There's no pressure to make any big moves at all really. Just run it back healthy and upgrade the bench. Thibs needs to utilize the bench more. Add a legit backup PG and we should be a tougher team to beat.

The big moves this summer for me is iHart/OG/Precious re-signing. Can we pull that off and add a backup PG who can run the offense well enough to rest Brunson? Deuce hasn't proven to be that guy.

Brunson/backup upgrade
DDV/Deuce
OG/Hart
Randle/Bojan/(Precious)
iHart/Mitch/(Precious)

If we can pull that off we should have enough talent to make it to the playoffs healthy.
:beer: RIP mags
NowWHYcee7
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,003

Post#23 » by NowWHYcee7 » Fri May 10, 2024 12:15 pm

We don't need anybody. Run it back.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,870

Post#24 » by cgmw » Fri May 10, 2024 12:44 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
cgmw wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

That’s what I’m saying. It will be really hard for Leon to make a big move. Pressure to run it back will be sky high.

There are no really big moves to make...yet. All of the names dropped as targets around here are usually dream scenarios and not reality. Fully healthy we are a contender. That's lost on too many people. Look what we are doing with 7 man rotations. Up 2-0 in the second round with a skeleton crew. Pressure to run it back or common sense? Seems to be the latter to me,

Brunson/DDV/OG/Randle/iHart was the best team in the league for a month. Then we lost OG/Randle while dealing with several other injuries and fought for the 2 seed. There's not a lot that needs to be done here. There's no pressure to make any big moves at all really. Just run it back healthy and upgrade the bench. Thibs needs to utilize the bench more. Add a legit backup PG and we should be a tougher team to beat.

The big moves this summer for me is iHart/OG/Precious re-signing. Can we pull that off and add a backup PG who can run the offense well enough to rest Brunson? Deuce hasn't proven to be that guy.

Brunson/backup upgrade
DDV/Deuce
OG/Hart
Randle/Bojan/(Precious)
iHart/Mitch/(Precious)

If we can pull that off we should have enough talent to make it to the playoffs healthy.

As to the OP’s point, we don’t know anything about this summer yet (I bet a lot of big names become available) and it’s a waste of time to speculate.

But in the spirit of wasting time, I bet Leon runs it back and the vocal minority on this board cries like Embiid and whines like Carlisle about missing out on “their guy.”
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,438

Post#25 » by Ray Williams » Fri May 10, 2024 12:56 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
cgmw wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Brunson/backup upgrade
DDV/Deuce
OG/Hart
Randle/Bojan/(Precious)
iHart/Mitch/(Precious)

+1000, we have a great cohesive starting lineup that showed its potential in January.
IHart, Randle,OG,Dante and Brunson.
6th man JHart
Mitch should be the backup C just to try to keep him healthy, IHart has shown he’s a starter.
We have very good 9th and 10th men in Deuce and Precious.
What we need is that 8th man that will be part of the playoff rotation that can run the offense when JB is resting and also be able to play alongside him.
We have two first round picks this year we can trade and Bogie’s contract. Not sure how many players fit the bill but I wouldn’t mind Caruso.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,621

Post#26 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri May 10, 2024 2:19 pm

cgmw wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
cgmw wrote:That’s what I’m saying. It will be really hard for Leon to make a big move. Pressure to run it back will be sky high.

Brunson/backup upgrade
DDV/Deuce
OG/Hart
Randle/Bojan/(Precious)
iHart/Mitch/(Precious)

As to the OP’s point, we don’t know anything about this summer yet (I bet a lot of big names become available) and it’s a waste of time to speculate.

But in the spirit of wasting time, I bet Leon runs it back and the vocal minority on this board cries like Embiid and whines like Carlisle about missing out on “their guy.”

That was also the very first point I made as well. Obviously if something makes sense you go for it but, there's no pressure to do anything. At least nothing stupid like in the past.

This is a contender fully healthy. Getting Randle back alone would have made a huge difference. Now we are without OG/Mitch/Bojan as well. IMO we just need to upgrade the backup PG and just get everyone back healthy. Thibs can expand the regular season rotation to help keep us fresh for the long haul next year. I'm 100% down with the current squad plus a bench upgrade. Which is a possibility just because they are a really good team as is.
:beer: RIP mags
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,844

Post#27 » by BowlRips » Fri May 10, 2024 2:35 pm

cgmw wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
cgmw wrote:This is a lot more likely than people realize. Leon only moves if a deal makes us clearly better than the C’s. Otherwise the risk of losing the chemistry outweighs the potential benefit of Starphucking.

I’ll say this — Leon’s history with Booker makes me think they wouldn’t hesitate to pull that trigger even if it’s a questionable move.

That said, let’s win Game 3. Then Game 4. Then beat Boston. Period. /Story

Eh. Randle and Bogey are plenty to work with to match salary for a big move and I don't think anyone would care if those guys are moved.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,099

Post#28 » by WaltFrazier » Sat May 11, 2024 2:36 am

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:I’d like to run it back with the same core

We are in great shape moving forward. Getting everyone healthy for next year is all we need to do. I would like to improve the bench depth and hopefully Thibs manages to run a deeper rotation at least to the ASB. I am all in on this team fully healthy. True contender level team. I love it.

That's the key, deeper rotation. But Thibs has to use the bench if FO builds it up
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,837

Post#29 » by Wildcat » Sat May 11, 2024 3:53 am

BowlRips wrote:
cgmw wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Eh. Randle and Bogey are plenty to work with to match salary for a big move and I don't think anyone would care if those guys are moved.

Quite a bit care if we move Randle.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,509

Post#30 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat May 11, 2024 3:57 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:I’d like to run it back with the same core

We are in great shape moving forward. Getting everyone healthy for next year is all we need to do. I would like to improve the bench depth and hopefully Thibs manages to run a deeper rotation at least to the ASB. I am all in on this team fully healthy. True contender level team. I love it.

That's the key, deeper rotation. But Thibs has to use the bench if FO builds it up

He did use a 10-man rotation a couple seasons ago. Then he went to 9 and has stayed with that until injuries forced his hand.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#31 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat May 11, 2024 4:00 am

Wildcat wrote:
BowlRips wrote:
cgmw wrote:That’s what I’m saying. It will be really hard for Leon to make a big move. Pressure to run it back will be sky high.

The threesome of Brunson-Randle-OG played very well together right from the start. I don’t see a reason to mess with the chemistry of this team.
Free Palestine
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,099

Post#32 » by WaltFrazier » Sat May 11, 2024 4:13 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
BowlRips wrote:

The threesome of Brunson-Randle-OG played very well together right from the start. I don’t see a reason to mess with the chemistry of this team.

Rather than a big move I could see keeping the chemistry together. But in that case we need a solid backup PG who can handle the ball and give Jalen more rest. Maybe Rokus? And a big wing player forward who can step in for OG or Randle in a 3 man 3-4 rotation. Someone like Kuzma or Jerami Grant only younger and cheaper. Someone here mentioned the Pelicans having young athletic forwards a few weeks ago, one guy like that.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,837

Post#33 » by Wildcat » Sat May 11, 2024 4:31 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
BowlRips wrote:

I like our bench. Mitch, Josh, Deuce, with a starter floating in and out of the 2nd unit might be ideal. I would personally not mind another wing off the bench. Though unrealistic, Oubre impressed me.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,723

Post#34 » by Meat » Sat May 11, 2024 6:30 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
BowlRips wrote:

adding og was messing with the chemistry and it produced wonderful results, they havent made a horrible move yet, idk why folks are thinking the next move wont just be an addition to whats already there
cgmw
RealGM

Post#35 » by cgmw » Sat May 11, 2024 12:07 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
BowlRips wrote:

If I’m GM, I’m looking for depth and a defensive center who can shoot the three.

And all the best strength, conditioning, recovery and medical personnel to support Maniac.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,405

Post#36 » by Clyde_Style » Sat May 11, 2024 4:00 pm

cgmw wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

If I’m GM, I’m looking for depth and a defensive center who can shoot the three.

And all the best strength, conditioning, recovery and medical personnel to support Maniac.

The FO will be calibrating and/or reconfiguring the front line this Summer.

I want them to give Rokas a shot. Don't know if if they will, but if they did that may be the only tweak to the backcourt currently necessary.

Steve Austin's bionic man staff has been retained for the 2024-2025 season for the sole purpose of regulating Josh Hart's health and replacing body parts as needed
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#37 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat May 11, 2024 9:13 pm

cgmw wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

A defensive center who shoots 3s? Brook Lopez?
Free Palestine
cgmw
RealGM

Post#38 » by cgmw » Sat May 11, 2024 10:34 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
cgmw wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:The threesome of Brunson-Randle-OG played very well together right from the start. I don’t see a reason to mess with the chemistry of this team.

Like a good neighbor! A boy can dream.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,955

Post#39 » by RHODEY » Sat May 11, 2024 10:40 pm

True we don't need anybody but if we could somehow pull off Mikal Bridges for Bogs and picks Id do it in a NY second.
Ghetto Gospel
Analyst
And1: 2,797

Post#40 » by Ghetto Gospel » Sat May 11, 2024 10:42 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
cgmw wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:The threesome of Brunson-Randle-OG played very well together right from the start. I don’t see a reason to mess with the chemistry of this team.

wemby?

Return to New York Knicks