ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,933

Re: Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one! 

Post#481 » by spree2kawhi » Sun May 12, 2024 6:00 am

Context wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Context wrote:I would rather encourage Divo to shoot and grow...

If we did get a SG that was a superb 3 & D guy to play off Brunson, then Divo would make the ultimate 6th man. Otherwise, Donte has proven to be a worthy starter as it is. Mitchell is not a superior player.

I think Divo is ready to take that step...

100%

We need an upgrade over Randle not Donte.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#482 » by spree2kawhi » Sun May 12, 2024 6:02 am

smw6230 wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:I just hope we don’t run it back but go all in while keeping the core around OG and the Villanova guys. We’re almost there - running it back is not an option and Randle won’t make any difference. He’s mostly empty stats.

Honestly don't get this. Randle isn't perfect but he's a 24/9 guy who instantly limits how you can defend NY's offense. Julius also fits this teams style of play. He also alleviates pressure (scoring) on Brunson and makes his life much easier as you just can't focus your defense on JB with a Randle mismatch on the wing or in the post.

I'm firmly in the camp of seeing what this team can do when healthy and proceeding from there.

Randle never has a mismatch on the wing. He may consider matchups that way, but a mismatch is a positive situation for your own team. He'll lose the ball or chick from that spot. He’s an unreliable shooter and passer. Other teams should love to see him face up on the wing. You should watch the game not the number.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#483 » by spree2kawhi » Sun May 12, 2024 6:04 am

sol537 wrote:
smw6230 wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:I just hope we don’t run it back but go all in while keeping the core around OG and the Villanova guys. We’re almost there - running it back is not an option and Randle won’t make any difference. He’s mostly empty stats.

Honestly don't get this. Randle isn't perfect but he's a 24/9 guy who instantly limits how you can defend NY's offense. Julius also fits this teams style of play.

I'm firmly in the camp of seeing what this team can do when healthy and proceeding from there.

I have no problem with this approach…

Extend OG, IHart
Draft two 3&D studs
Sign a back up PG for 1 year (Dennis Smith Jr)?

We’d be a potential 56-60 win team with plenty of depth.

iHart / Mitch
Randle / Bogs / Draftee
OG / Hart / Draftee
DDV / McBride
Brunson / Smith Jr

We’d have Bogs and picks to use in deadline upgrades.

If second round exits are enough for you going forward …
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#484 » by spree2kawhi » Sun May 12, 2024 6:08 am

smw6230 wrote:
sol537 wrote:
smw6230 wrote:

Honestly don't get this. Randle isn't perfect but he's a 24/9 guy who instantly limits how you can defend NY's offense. Julius also fits this teams style of play.

I have no problem with this approach…

Extend OG, IHart
Draft two 3&D studs
Sign a back up PG for 1 year (Dennis Smith Jr)?

We’d be a potential 56-60 win team with plenty of depth.

iHart / Mitch
Randle / Bogs / Draftee
OG / Hart / Draftee
DDV / McBride
Brunson / Smith Jr

We’d have Bogs and picks to use in deadline upgrades.

Yup. Leon is in a position to let the game (other clubs) come to him. He should do so. This season has generated a ton of goodwill among the faithful so there's no external pressure to go 'Blazing Saddles' and do something!.

NYs front office has only seen this all the pieces of this team together for 20 odd games. Given that I'm not sure that they internally even know, or have reached a informal consensus, on what they need.

I’m sure they know Randle’s limitations. I mean, my wife gets nervous when Randle starts dribbling the ball, so I’m sure pros can see it.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,171

Post#485 » by Capn'O » Sun May 12, 2024 6:14 am

spree2kawhi wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Context wrote:this dude is trash Cap...

He looks better as a lead guard when Dmitch is out. They need to sort out that roster and get a real 2 imo.

Just like us. Mitchell is not the guy.

In the case of the Cavs they should probably choose Mitchell but they do need to make a choice.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#486 » by spree2kawhi » Sun May 12, 2024 7:15 am

Capn'O wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
He looks better as a lead guard when Dmitch is out. They need to sort out that roster and get a real 2 imo.

Just like us. Mitchell is not the guy.

In the case of the Cavs they should probably choose Mitchell but they do need to make a choice.

Of course. In our case, we don’t need to sell the farm for that type of player. And he’s an enormous talent who I’d certainly love to have at the right price.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,321

Post#487 » by Besart19 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:26 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Besart19 wrote:our front office were right about wanting to trade for both PJ Washington and Gafford... also DeRozan or Brogdon

They all could have helped us immensely with all these injuries

Hartenstein / Gafford
Washington / Achiuwa (Randle)
OG Anunoby / Hart
Di Vincenzo / MB or DD
Brunson / McBride

Did the front office try for any of those guys? Brogdon didn't play after the trade deadline so would have been a disaster but any of the other 3 would have been helpful.

They did, but for DeRozan and Caruso Randle was in play and maybe they wouldnt be so convinced to give him away... as for PJ Washington and Gafford they were very interested and ready to give up Grimes and Robinson (with Tyus Jones also in the deal), but they went with the salary cap thing and chose the Detroit... but personnel wise this other route would had been much more helpful
Strength and Honour!
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#488 » by spree2kawhi » Sun May 12, 2024 9:20 am

Besart19 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Besart19 wrote:our front office were right about wanting to trade for both PJ Washington and Gafford... also DeRozan or Brogdon

They all could have helped us immensely with all these injuries

Hartenstein / Gafford
Washington / Achiuwa (Randle)
OG Anunoby / Hart
Di Vincenzo / MB or DD
Brunson / McBride

Did the front office try for any of those guys? Brogdon didn't play after the trade deadline so would have been a disaster but any of the other 3 would have been helpful.

They did, but for DeRozan and Caruso Randle was in play and maybe they wouldnt be so convinced to give him away... as for PJ Washington and Gafford they were very interested and ready to give up Grimes and Robinson (with Tyus Jones also in the deal), but they went with the salary cap thing and chose the Detroit... but personnel wise this other route would had been much more helpful

Those would’ve been good deals. Imagine having DeRozan and Caruso now. Even DeRozan alone would make all the difference.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,321

Post#489 » by Besart19 » Sun May 12, 2024 10:32 am

spree2kawhi wrote:
Besart19 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:

Those would’ve been good deals. Imagine having DeRozan and Caruso now. Even DeRozan alone would make all the difference.

in human sense its not easy to move Randle, at least not for a player not better than him... they try to build a culture here too, not just some mercenaries like many pseudo-super teams do... but what we see from there is the fact that our front office and the coaching staff know the game and know pretty well to evaluate talent, needs and what it takes to get us to being an elite team and a true contender
Strength and Honour!
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,957

Post#490 » by RHODEY » Sun May 12, 2024 11:06 am

Context wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Context wrote:could he hit threes? :lol:

That was the main thing here could do. And pass.

this dude is trash Cap...

I don't want him but to his defense he's coming off of a knee injury and he's teammates just don't cut it. Mobley is embarrassingly frail and still raw offensively..the other players just define 'meh"... although Okuro has improved.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#491 » by RHODEY » Sun May 12, 2024 11:12 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Context wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Garland was pounding the ball and running off valuable clock time when they were down by 11 points. Not running any plays at all with Mitchell just standing there watching. Garland was being a lousy PG, but if that is what's happening then Mitchell kind of has to demand the ball and make something happen. And he didn't. He looked like he didn't even care

If that is how DM behaves during the playoffs and his defense is suspect then why would he be better than Donte?

I would rather encourage Divo to shoot and grow...

If we did get a SG that was a superb 3 & D guy to play off Brunson, then Divo would make the ultimate 6th man. Otherwise, Donte has proven to be a worthy starter as it is. Mitchell is not a superior player.
It's just a bad fit .. Mitchell needs to try to get to Miami.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#492 » by RHODEY » Sun May 12, 2024 11:17 am

spree2kawhi wrote:
Context wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

I think Divo is ready to take that step...

100%

We need an upgrade to 25 and 10 all NBA? Get Mikal Bridges to upgrade the 2 and the bench while keeping Randle...that is the answer. :nod:
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#493 » by RHODEY » Sun May 12, 2024 11:21 am

spree2kawhi wrote:
smw6230 wrote:

Honestly don't get this. Randle isn't perfect but he's a 24/9 guy who instantly limits how you can defend NY's offense. Julius also fits this teams style of play. He also alleviates pressure (scoring) on Brunson and makes his life much easier as you just can't focus your defense on JB with a Randle mismatch on the wing or in the post.

Randle never has a mismatch on the wing. He may consider matchups that way, but a mismatch is a positive situation for your own team. He'll lose the ball or chick from that spot. He’s an unreliable shooter and passer. Other teams should love to see him face up on the wing. You should watch the game not the number.
That's overburdened and injured ATL hawks series Randle. The January version would have helped us demolish Philly in 5 and we likely sweep these Hicks right now.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#494 » by spree2kawhi » Sun May 12, 2024 1:16 pm

RHODEY wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
Context wrote:I think Divo is ready to take that step...

100%

We need an upgrade to 25 and 10 all NBA? Get Mikal Bridges to upgrade the 2 and the bench while keeping Randle...that is the answer. :nod:

Well, that certainly isn’t a bad answer at all either.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#495 » by spree2kawhi » Sun May 12, 2024 1:19 pm

RHODEY wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
smw6230 wrote:

That's overburdened and injured ATL hawks series Randle. The January version would have helped us demolish Philly in 5 and we likely sweep these Hicks right now.

I’m not convinced he would’ve influenced the culture positively. I really like Randle, He’s a hard worker and says all the right things, but he’s turnover-prone, an erratic decision-maker and an inconsistent shooter. Plus, he misses the open man all the time. None of these guys currently miss the open man or the extra pass. The other guys different or actually, he is… which could even be good as we are missing something. But I don’t think it would be all that beneficial. It might even hold this culture back. I’ve had a guy like that on my own team. Such a nice kid, but slow decision-making and tunnel vision. He just couldn’t help it.

Edit: But you know what? Randle is an all star and you’re right. Bring in Bridges and roll with Randle. Why not. Despite all the foolish turnovers, from what I know, he’s still easy to root for as a person.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,052

Post#496 » by MrDollarBills » Sun May 12, 2024 1:46 pm

I would not trade Randle unless it's for a substantial upgrade. He's a really good player despite his flaws.

I don't think the team can afford to dedicate like 40m to the center position so if Brother Hartenstein is the guy to go with, Mitch will have to be moved along with Bojan to optimize their salary slots.

The team needs another ball handler off of the bench, and a cheap back up C option to replace Mitch.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#497 » by RHODEY » Sun May 12, 2024 2:20 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:Randle never has a mismatch on the wing. He may consider matchups that way, but a mismatch is a positive situation for your own team. He'll lose the ball or chick from that spot. He’s an unreliable shooter and passer. Other teams should love to see him face up on the wing. You should watch the game not the number.

I’m not convinced he would’ve influenced the culture positively. I really like Randle, He’s a hard worker and says all the right things, but he’s turnover-prone, an erratic decision-maker and an inconsistent shooter. Plus, he misses the open man all the time. None of these guys currently miss the open man or the extra pass. The other guys different or actually, he is… which could even be good as we are missing something. But I don’t think it would be all that beneficial. It might even hold this culture back. I’ve had a guy like that on my own team. Such a nice kid, but slow decision-making and tunnel vision. He just couldn’t help it.

Edit: But you know what? Randle is an all star and you’re right. Bring in Bridges and roll with Randle. Why not. Despite all the foolish turnovers, from what I know, he’s still easy to root for as a person.

Turnovers yeah thats part of the pack but but...
Randle wasnt a headcase at al this season and...
Randle was playing to his strength way more...not shooting as many threes.

Randle was changing for the better...and he could always pass the ball.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,171

Post#498 » by Capn'O » Sun May 12, 2024 2:41 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I would not trade Randle unless it's for a substantial upgrade. He's a really good player despite his flaws.

I don't think the team can afford to dedicate like 40m to the center position so if Brother Hartenstein is the guy to go with, Mitch will have to be moved along with Bojan to optimize their salary slots.

The team needs another ball handler off of the bench, and a cheap back up C option to replace Mitch.

He's so good against Embiid though.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,063

Post#499 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun May 12, 2024 4:22 pm

Anyone seen green Satan? Haven’t seen him since Tatum shut him up last night!!! And with Hali balling lately it’s looking very bad for him!!!!
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,525

Post#500 » by Context » Sun May 12, 2024 4:25 pm

RHODEY wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
Context wrote:I think Divo is ready to take that step...

100%

there is such a divide on Randle...I havent seen enough of him to have an opinion...All I know is -I dont like the negative things that
I'm hearing about Randle. However, Mel and another poster said he was injured last year during the play offs so that gives me hesitation about canceling him...At the same time- I don't want anything to disrupt what the chosen one is doing. Even Charles Oak
said that Brunson is a better leader than Ewing. I was a kid so I could see those degrees in Pat's play- when I look back today- I can see what Oak means. That being said -we can not take the importance of not disrupting Brunson for granted.
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren

Return to New York Knicks