ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,329

Re: Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one! 

Post#641 » by Besart19 » Tue May 14, 2024 11:14 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Montmorencie wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Thanks for cursing Tatum back to playing like a top 5 player!
Read on Twitter

Hell, he is probably top 2 in the meaningless games with no pressure :lol:

Better than your guy Luka who choked last night :lol:

both are flawed and poor man Melo...

I would love having them but only drafted or at least via FA... you shouldnt give away assets for anyone who isnt a top level winner... we were lucky to sign both JB and Randle as FA, and OG if healthy next season would be OK for what we gave up (MetGala playoff choker and RJ cant shoot cant pass Barrett)
Strength and Honour!
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,011

Post#642 » by 8516knicks » Tue May 14, 2024 12:24 pm

Kyrie with a BIG 9 pts last nite in a CLUTCH bid to make the all has-been team.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,949

Post#643 » by spree2kawhi » Tue May 14, 2024 3:29 pm

Besart19 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Montmorencie wrote:
Hell, he is probably top 2 in the meaningless games with no pressure :lol:

Better than your guy Luka who choked last night :lol:

I would love having them but only drafted or at least via FA... you shouldnt give away assets for anyone who isnt a top level winner... we were lucky to sign both JB and Randle as FA, and OG if healthy next season would be OK for what we gave up (MetGala playoff choker and RJ cant shoot cant pass Barrett)

In terms of winning mentality, the guy you’re kind of trashing here is among the top of the league.

As far as winning intangibles go, I only have Jokic, Brunson, Curry, Luka, Edwards, Kawhi and Giannis on my short list of top level individual talent. I think Luka will go down as one of the best ever as he’s basically already won at every level (don’t forget he’s taken a trash team to the WCF too), but he’s been surrounded by scrubs most of the time. He is only 25. Currently, he’s sharing the ball with Irving and that fool has been enough for them to be tied in yet another second round playoff series. I don’t like Dallas at all, but Luka is a baller.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,218

Post#644 » by Reign23 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:03 pm

man western conference 2nd round is fun af. 4 really good teams going for it.
formerly known as knickst4pe
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#645 » by spree2kawhi » Tue May 14, 2024 4:18 pm

Reign23 wrote:man western conference 2nd round is fun af. 4 really good teams going for it.

Dallas is actually a very bad team carried yet again by a generational player as leader and decoy.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,175

Post#646 » by MrDollarBills » Tue May 14, 2024 4:20 pm

8516knicks wrote:Kyrie with a BIG 9 pts last nite in a CLUTCH bid to make the all has-been team.

Seeing the media trying rehab this ass holes image sickened me, so I was glad to watch him give Dallas nothing last night
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,607

Post#647 » by Context » Tue May 14, 2024 4:35 pm

Rudy Gobert has been fined $75,000 for making an inappropriate and unprofessional gesture that questions the integrity of the league and its game officials, it was announced today by Joe Dumars, Executive Vice President, Head of Basketball Operations. The fine takes into account Gobert’s history of improper conduct toward game officials.

Gobert’s actions took place during the Timberwolves’ 115-107 loss to the Denver Nuggets in Game 4 of their conference semifinals playoff series on May 12 at Target Center.

I agree with you Rudy...Your series made it so obvious to me...Denver should have been swept.

Why would they allow that when you can have this:

Spoiler:
Friday night's Game 3 between the Denver Nuggets and Minnesota Timberwolves averaged 5.21 million viewers on ESPN.

The number is up 10% from the Nuggets-Suns matchup last year and is the fourth most-watched game of the playoffs.

The Nuggets have played in four out of the six most-watched games in the playoffs.
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,329

Post#648 » by Besart19 » Tue May 14, 2024 5:58 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
Besart19 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Better than your guy Luka who choked last night :lol:

In terms of winning mentality, the guy you’re kind of trashing here is among the top of the league.

As far as winning intangibles go, I only have Jokic, Brunson, Curry, Luka, Edwards, Kawhi and Giannis on my short list of top level individual talent. I think Luka will go down as one of the best ever as he’s basically already won at every level (don’t forget he’s taken a trash team to the WCF too), but he’s been surrounded by scrubs most of the time. He is only 25. Currently, he’s sharing the ball with Irving and that fool has been enough for them to be tied in yet another second round playoff series. I don’t like Dallas at all, but Luka is a baller.

you can be elite and still be flawed... Luka doesnt play defense and doesnt take care of his body... his game is same as it was 5 years ago... he eats burgers and junk food and smokes ciggarates like crazy... thats not recipe for greatness nor an example for the athletes... Tatum on the other hand is a bit soft and timid though he has potentian to be if not on Melo's height of potential, at least quite near that... Melo if he had more luck (drafted by Detroit and being coached by an elite coach) and more commitment to take care of his body and improve his game, Lebron could have been an afterthought comparing to him
Strength and Honour!
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,626

Post#649 » by Fat Kat » Tue May 14, 2024 7:06 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#650 » by spree2kawhi » Tue May 14, 2024 7:30 pm

Besart19 wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
Besart19 wrote:

you can be elite and still be flawed... Luka doesnt play defense and doesnt take care of his body... his game is same as it was 5 years ago... he eats burgers and junk food and smokes ciggarates like crazy... thats not recipe for greatness nor an example for the athletes... Tatum on the other hand is a bit soft and timid though he has potentian to be if not on Melo's height of potential, at least quite near that... Melo if he had more luck (drafted by Detroit and being coached by an elite coach) and more commitment to take care of his body and improve his game, Lebron could have been an afterthought comparing to him

I agree to an extent, but even a drunk Doncic would be more of a winner than Melo. Can’t really teach winning. We’ll see what he can do over the next few years, but given what he’s already achieved, I would never bet against him winning multiple championships over the next ten years.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#651 » by MrDollarBills » Tue May 14, 2024 8:37 pm

Besart19 wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
Besart19 wrote:

Detroit passing on Carmelo is one of the dumbest things I've seen in the NBA, and coming from me that's saying a lot.

Luka needs to lose weight and cut the crap. He's coasting off of pure god given talent and it's coming back to haunt him.

When this dude one time joked about needing a "recovery beer", I knew he was gonna run into trouble eventually :lol:

Context
RealGM

Post#652 » by Context » Tue May 14, 2024 8:56 pm

This is how I feel...

Read on Twitter
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,456

Post#653 » by god shammgod » Tue May 14, 2024 9:18 pm

Read on Twitter
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#654 » by god shammgod » Tue May 14, 2024 9:20 pm

Read on Twitter
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#655 » by god shammgod » Tue May 14, 2024 9:24 pm

Read on Twitter
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#656 » by god shammgod » Tue May 14, 2024 9:25 pm

Read on Twitter
Guano
RealGM
And1: 43,030

Post#657 » by Guano » Tue May 14, 2024 9:57 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol:
Trading your 2031 1st round pick is insane
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#658 » by MrDollarBills » Tue May 14, 2024 10:07 pm

Guano wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol:
Trading your 2031 1st round pick is insane

Their idiot owner is doubling down. We know how this will end.

nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,967

Post#659 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue May 14, 2024 10:19 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
Reign23 wrote:man western conference 2nd round is fun af. 4 really good teams going for it.

Dallas is actually a very bad team carried yet again by a generational player as leader and decoy.

Gafford is legit, Kyrie the basketball player is very good, that kid from CHA is a legit starter. Mavericks have a good team.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Context
RealGM

Post#660 » by Context » Tue May 14, 2024 11:03 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:

Gafford is legit, Kyrie the basketball player is very good, that kid from CHA is a legit starter. Mavericks have a good team.

I picked the Mavericks to win the series...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren

Return to New York Knicks