ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Game 5, Indiana Pacers @ New York Knicks, Tuesday 8 PM

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,198

Re: GT: Game 5, Indiana Pacers @ New York Knicks, Tuesday 7:30 PM 

Post#341 » by moocow007 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:46 pm

This is why you cannot ever have enough shot creators. The last game showed what the Knicks can do with just a hobbled Brunson as a primary shot creator. It's beyond just "hey get a bunch of 3 point shooters". Those don't work if you don't have top tier shot creation creating opportunities for those shooters.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,123

Post#342 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue May 14, 2024 4:48 pm

Gravy wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
Gravy wrote:According to realgm doctors every single injury is minutes related, dont matter what or how it happened. Mitch averages 25mpg and Bogs just got here but somehow Thibs was working them to the bone...

This is called polemic fyi

I mean posters are literally blaming every injury on minutes, no exaggeration

I blame OG on him, we know he's an injury prone player, yet before he got hurt he was 42, 45, 50, 47. Look at his minutes before that too, he had only played over 40 minutes once in his return, and in the first 3 games vs the Sixers he was under 40 before Tom decided to throw caution to the wind and he ultimately got hurt. You have this super important injury prone player, protect him, do whatever you can to make sure he can play the entire series. You're not going to lose a series because Precious came in for 10 minutes a game to give him a rest, but you will lose a series if OG is out 3-4 games.

Randle should not have been in the game, I absolutely blame him for that. Bogey and Mitch? No, those were ankle injuries, although he did put Mitch back in the game on a fractured ankle when it first happen, so I'm side eyeing him there.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,962

Post#343 » by DOT » Tue May 14, 2024 4:54 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Gravy wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:This is called polemic fyi

I blame OG on him, we know he's an injury prone player, yet before he got hurt he was 42, 45, 50, 47. Look at his minutes before that too, he had only played over 40 minutes once in his return, and in the first 3 games vs the Sixers he was under 40 before Tom decided to throw caution to the wind and he ultimately got hurt. You have this super important injury prone player, protect him, do whatever you can to make sure he can play the entire series. You're not going to lose a series because Precious came in for 10 minutes a game to give him a rest, but you will lose a series if OG is out 3-4 games.

Randle should not have been in the game, I absolutely blame him for that. Bogey and Mitch? No, those were ankle injuries, although he did put Mitch back in the game on a fractured ankle when it first happen, so I'm side eyeing him there.

It's like a cult essentially

It's like how whenever the report comes out that Thibs is the coach guys would least like to play for, everyone in here starts beating their chest about how it's cause we're "tough" and we don't want those losers anyways

Exactly the same as when cults shun anyone who questions the leader.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#344 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue May 14, 2024 4:59 pm

DOT wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Gravy wrote:I mean posters are literally blaming every injury on minutes, no exaggeration

It's like how whenever the report comes out that Thibs is the coach guys would least like to play for, everyone in here starts beating their chest about how it's cause we're "tough" and we don't want those losers anyways

He deserves all the credit for changing the culture, but we're only here because of Brunson, the players are most important and seeing Jalen hobble around for 30 minutes in a game that was over in 6 minutes is just madness, especially since we know he hurt his foot.

I really don't get it, we can always replace the coach, if anything happens to Jalen we're back in the dark ages.
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,848

Post#345 » by Gravy » Tue May 14, 2024 5:04 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Gravy wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:This is called polemic fyi

I blame Jacques for Randle's freak injury, agree to disagree

If OG is injury prone then he WILL get injured in any amount of minutes. We have no idea if 10 less minutes means he would be ok today and injured tomorrow. You are diagnosing from home that its because of minutes when it could be something completely different.

If I give you OG then thats one player and he has the choice to re-sign here. If he feels Thibs is causing his injuries then he will go somewhere else.
Gravy
Lead Assistant

Post#346 » by Gravy » Tue May 14, 2024 5:09 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
DOT wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

He deserves all the credit for changing the culture, but we're only here because of Brunson, the players are most important and seeing Jalen hobble around for 30 minutes in a game that was over in 6 minutes is just madness, especially since we know he hurt his foot.

I really don't get it, we can always replace the coach, if anything happens to Jalen we're back in the dark ages.

I'd say Thibs is as big of the reason as Brunson that we are this good. Which coach would you want to bring in?
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#347 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue May 14, 2024 5:12 pm

Gravy wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Gravy wrote:I mean posters are literally blaming every injury on minutes, no exaggeration

If OG is injury prone then he WILL get injured in any amount of minutes. We have no idea if 10 less minutes means he would be ok today and injured tomorrow. You are diagnosing from home that its because of minutes when it could be something completely different.

If I give you OG then thats one player and he has the choice to re-sign here. If he feels Thibs is causing his injuries then he will go somewhere else.

Randle shouldn't have been in the game, same way Derrick Rose shouldn't have been, or RJ in Denver. I have examples of guys being in the game late with Thibs and getting hurt, so we will agree to disagree. History is not on your side here man.

A hamstring injury following 42, 45, 50, 47 minutes? Yeah, I'd like to bet my money on the minutes being the cause. It's just weird how everyone had jokes about pairing OG with Tom when we traded for him and how he was going to die, and homeboy didn't even last a full month before missing 2 months, comes back, gets hurt again, goes out comes back and then gets hurt when the minutes ramp up.

I'm taking Randle as well, that falls on the coach not protecting players against a team that is known for hurting guys.
nyknicks2k2
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 598

Post#348 » by nyknicks2k2 » Tue May 14, 2024 5:14 pm

It's hard for me to blame OG only on Thibs. OG is injury prone. Even with things like rest management around, players are going to get hurt still.

I like OG but tbh, I feel like he's going to be our most important decision. Even more than trying to get a 3rd star or what do we do with Randle?

We very likely are about to drop a massive bag for OG. I get it but I definitely have hesitation.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#349 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue May 14, 2024 5:16 pm

Gravy wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
DOT wrote:It's like a cult essentially

I'd say Thibs is as big of the reason as Brunson that we are this good. Which coach would would you want to bring in?

Brunson is the reason, he is a top 10 player on his own merit and talent. There is no bigger reason for us being a contender moving forward than him being a superstar on deal vastly underpaying him relative to his performance. The Celtics should be a good indication of player vs coach, I mean Ime is a great coach, but the players matter more.

Which coach? Upgrade Bryant or Dice, the culture is set. I don't want to go through another season of watching guys drop like flies before and during the playoffs.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,477

Post#350 » by spree8 » Tue May 14, 2024 5:23 pm

DOT wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

the irony of you calling anyone a cultist :lol:
Gravy
Lead Assistant

Post#351 » by Gravy » Tue May 14, 2024 5:23 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Gravy wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Randle shouldn't have been in the game, same way Derrick Rose shouldn't have been, or RJ in Denver. I have examples of guys being in the game late with Thibs and getting hurt, so we will agree to disagree. History is not on your side here man.

A hamstring injury following 42, 45, 50, 47 minutes? Yeah, I'd like to bet my money on the minutes being the cause. It's just weird how everyone had jokes about pairing OG with Tom when we traded for him and how he was going to die, and homeboy didn't even last a full month before missing 2 months, comes back, gets hurt again, goes out comes back and then gets hurt when the minutes ramp up.

I'm taking Randle as well, that falls on the coach not protecting players against a team that is known for hurting guys.

OG has more information about his own injury than two non-doctors on the internet. If they tell him its Thibs fault then OG wont come back its that simple.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 34,352

Post#352 » by TheGreenArrow » Tue May 14, 2024 5:23 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Gravy wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

I'd say Thibs is as big of the reason as Brunson that we are this good. Which coach would would you want to bring in?

Brunson is the reason, he is a top 10 player on his own merit and talent. There is no bigger reason for us being a contender moving forward than him being a superstar on deal vastly underpaying him relative to his performance. The Celtics should be a good indication of player vs coach, I mean Ime is a great coach, but the players matter more.

Which coach? Upgrade Bryant or Dice, the culture is set. I don't want to go through another season of watching guys drop like flies before and during the playoffs.

Nodope thibs isn’t going anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is what it is at this point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s up to Leon to get him the necessary depth to offset his tendencies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#353 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue May 14, 2024 5:28 pm

Gravy wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Gravy wrote:I blame Jacques for Randle's freak injury, agree to disagree

OG has more information about his own injury than two non-doctors on the internet. If they tell him its Thibs fault then OG wont come back its that simple.

I highly doubt OG is going to pass up the money :lol:

But, even there I have an example of a player not wanting to get an extension to stay with him, Jimmy Butler who complained about his minutes :o
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 34,352

Post#354 » by TheGreenArrow » Tue May 14, 2024 5:28 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Gravy wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

But, even there I have an example of a player not wanting to get an extension to stay with him, Jimmy Butler :o

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,477

Post#355 » by spree8 » Tue May 14, 2024 5:30 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Gravy wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

I don’t think it’s fair to take away credit from Thibs tho. Brunson never amounted to what he is today under other coaches so you gotta give him something there.

Would I like our guys to play less minutes and have a deeper rotation played during the season with starters getting more rest, sure. But our FO also has to give Thibs guys he’s willing to do that with. They def aren’t on the same page 100% of the time with that (Fournier, Reddish, Obi) and can def include him in the process more.

It’s def gotta be something they discuss this summer, but I won’t put all the blame on Thibs. And as far as other players not wanting to play for him… I think it’s based on reputation from DRose (who was a a run away train on offense destined to have an injury plagued career) and the Wolves whole meltdown situation…
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,530

Post#356 » by Capn'O » Tue May 14, 2024 5:31 pm

Somebody needs to AI Thibs saying "I don't even think Dequan Jeffries' own mother wants to see him in extended minutes this series."
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#357 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue May 14, 2024 5:31 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
Gravy wrote:OG has more information about his own injury than two non-doctors on the internet. If they tell him its Thibs fault then OG wont come back its that simple.

But, even there I have an example of a player not wanting to get an extension to stay with him, Jimmy Butler :o

Read on Twitter

We going to doubt Jimmy's toughness?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,694

Post#358 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 14, 2024 5:31 pm

F N 11 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Bob Ross wrote:Why is there only one day off in between all of these games

I been complaining about this lol. It’s for TV purposes aka money. We got 2 till Friday bc pacers four stuff going on in their arena so this is a must win.

Ohhhh, that’s some good news.

While I have you, are you ever going to change your name username to the initials of the Knicks player who presently wears number 11? :lol:
Free Palestine
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,525

Post#359 » by GONYK » Tue May 14, 2024 5:34 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

I highly doubt OG is going to pass up the money

Read on Twitter

Pat Riley did last week
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#360 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue May 14, 2024 5:37 pm

GONYK wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Pat Riley did last week

34 in Tom years is like 53, Jimmy had years taken off his career playing for a maniac, truly tragic :o

Return to New York Knicks