ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: let's try that again

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,651

Re: PG: let's try that again 

Post#341 » by robillionaire » Wed May 15, 2024 2:57 pm

RHODEY wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Plus when those teams made their runs they were healthy. We are down 2 starters and 2 key bench guys....that alone says we have huge upside.

Right, this is not a team that is at the ceiling of their potential based on the injuries alone. I’m really not sure why the Hawks fell off the way they did though. You’d have thought they’d be a threat for years to come.

I think those Hawks were actually flukey. They caught teams slipping then because their offense was loaded relative to other teams .. But none of their guys have improved past that point while other teams in the east certainly did.\

Trae is tough to build around and their defense was/still is bad. Honestly they remind me of this year's Pacers. Great offensively , while catching undermanned or unprepared teams in the playoffs - making them seem better than they actually are.

Gotta say maybe some of the moves they made were bad too. Maybe signing Murray wasn’t a good fit for them. We gotta make sure whatever we do doesn’t mess up what we have going for us. Signing Kemba and Fournier nearly killed us after that season too but thankfully we recovered fast
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 20,039

Post#342 » by RHODEY » Wed May 15, 2024 3:12 pm

robillionaire wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Right, this is not a team that is at the ceiling of their potential based on the injuries alone. I’m really not sure why the Hawks fell off the way they did though. You’d have thought they’d be a threat for years to come.

I think those Hawks were actually flukey. They caught teams slipping then because their offense was loaded relative to other teams .. But none of their guys have improved past that point while other teams in the east certainly did.\

Trae is tough to build around and their defense was/still is bad. Honestly they remind me of this year's Pacers. Great offensively , while catching undermanned or unprepared teams in the playoffs - making them seem better than they actually are.

Gotta say maybe some of the moves they made were bad too. Maybe signing Murray wasn’t a good fit for them. We gotta make sure whatever we do doesn’t mess up what we have going for us. Signing Kemba and Fournier nearly killed us after that season too but thankfully we recovered fast

Right...at this point I think we don't need to really make any major moves. Assuming Randle buys into the style we are playing (and he should since he was doing it in Jan.), we won't have any huge needs as far as I can tell. Maybe we draft the best backup possible for OG and bring in Rokas (or someone else) to handle backup point.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#343 » by RHODEY » Wed May 15, 2024 3:24 pm

delete
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#344 » by RHODEY » Wed May 15, 2024 4:49 pm

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,754

Post#345 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 15, 2024 7:27 pm

Now we get 2 days of rest before Game 6. :nod: :D
Free Palestine
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#346 » by RHODEY » Wed May 15, 2024 9:40 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Now we get 2 days of rest before Game 6. :nod: :D

And if we wrap it up in 6 and Minny Denver goes 7 games ...that's another 5 days of rest before playing the Celts. That would be HUGE.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,754

Post#347 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 15, 2024 9:47 pm

RHODEY wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Now we get 2 days of rest before Game 6. :nod: :D

And if we wrap it up in 6 and Minny Denver goes 7 games ...that's another 5 days of rest before playing the Celts. That would be HUGE.

And then, maybe, we also get OG back and healthy.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks