ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 5 PG Thread: Gut Check

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Context
RealGM
And1: 14,616

Re: Game 5 PG Thread: Gut Check 

Post#541 » by Context » Thu May 16, 2024 12:49 am

stuporman wrote:
Context wrote:
stuporman wrote:"

Next BS point, other than a handful of people, namely Cowherd, Bayless and a couple of local heads, people regurgitated the same nonsensical 'road' point. They seem to think the Knicks suck away from MSG completely ignoring their 2-3 record on the road for the playoffs and being a lucky logo shot at the shot clock buzzer from 3-2. This also includes a Herculean 50 point game from an MVP.

I wonder about that as well...I guess its almost impossible to watch every single playoff game before you report on it...

I'm tired of this narrative that Hali is not aggressive enough...I would love the stat on how many of his shots in this series were wide open makes. It seems to me that when he had those big games- we didnt guard him for the most part and most of his shots were
wide open shots.
Once we double Hali or guarded him well he couldnt produce at a high percentage... He needs to put that work in - in the summer if he wants to take his game to another level and he needs to get tougher. You cant evolve in a series...

My over arching take away is I obviously I want the Knicks to end it in 6 and I also hope the Nugs-Wolves series goes 7 to push back any potential ECF series opener.

Let me help you - never doubt them- I learned that after 7 games in December Stu :lol:

It's their responsibility to watch it if they are paid to talk about it. I'm not asking them to watch Australian cricket or crap and talk about it, this is the NBA playoffs, they acting like their opinion matters then watch these effing games. It's fugaze any other way.

This is Hali's first trip to the playoffs, it is what it is, Brunson and the Knicks are schooling him so far, but his intention is to do the best he can now and learn from it. The media muppets are weaving a story time tale about him just like they do the zombie Knicks plot.

Finally, I've been watching the Knicks since I had a tiny black and white TV with bunny ear antenna covered in tin foil trying to see King and the Knicks through the snow fuzz. I'm entitled to a little BFS from time to time. I don't need help being a fan.

Fair enough Stu...
I've been a Knick fan since 94...when did you start?
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,541

Post#542 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu May 16, 2024 12:58 am

NYKinMIA wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
NYKinMIA wrote:I pronounce just like Mike Breen, thanks for asking.

Then you’re the one **** it up. Sorry to inform.

Isaiah Hartenstein (Hart-en-SCHTEIN)

https://www.nba.com/news/2023-24-start-of-season-nba-pronunciation-guide

now you go.

that doesn't say what you think it does.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,099

Post#543 » by NYKinMIA » Thu May 16, 2024 1:00 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
NYKinMIA wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

now you go.

oh word?

I think I trust Mike Breen more than I do you.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#544 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu May 16, 2024 1:01 am

dp
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#545 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu May 16, 2024 1:03 am

NYKinMIA wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
NYKinMIA wrote:

now you go.

oh word?

man, i was about to tell you to listen to mike breen and the player himself...

and now i realize when you said you pronounce it like "breen" you didn't mean saying it where it sounds like "breen." you meant you pronounce hartenstein's name the way breen pronounces it. that was not clear. you pronounce it like breen does.

so, i was trying to help you. i believe we say it the same way.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,192

Post#546 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu May 16, 2024 1:37 am

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=oWAQ5JzX5AK-44v89eypvw
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,999

Post#547 » by Adelheid » Thu May 16, 2024 1:49 am

the deuce mcbride cult is growing
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,626

Post#548 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu May 16, 2024 2:04 am

Adelheid wrote:the deuce mcbride cult is growing

Deuce has earned it.
Free Palestine
Loisl
Veteran
And1: 203

Post#549 » by Loisl » Thu May 16, 2024 5:59 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
NYKinMIA wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

now you go.

But it does. 8-)

Harten
s (like the s in sugar)
t
ein (like nine or wine without the first letter)
R.I.P. Mags - :beer:
Once a Knick, always a Knick.
joec32033
Ballboy
And1: 51

Post#550 » by joec32033 » Thu May 16, 2024 7:32 am

GONYK wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Yeah, it's too bad. That was my reservation on getting him on a 2-year instead of a 3-year but he may not have been willing to agree to a 3-year. His current contract is VERY favorable.

I'm not sure what the landscape is around the league is in terms of who needs a starting C but I expect there to be some interest. It's a tough situation but hopefully he takes 74m over 4. Not having to uproot his family, a winning situation, and a great market hopefully can be more appealing than taking 20m per from some bum ass team but I don't wanna get hopes up. :nonono:

The only teams with projected space are:
Philly
Detroit
Toronto
Orlando
Utah
San Antonio

I can't see all of those teams being interested, and I can't see iHart leaving NY for lotto teams over $3M/yr

I know he ain't going to Philly.
Detroit has too many bigs as is.
SA would be nice next to Wemby but they need other pieces.
Utah, and Orlando on young teams on the rise with decent cores who can use a center.
Toronto is a dark horse mainly because they can use a center and IQ and RJ could recruit him to Toronto and Toronto to him.

Hate to be that guy (although I usually am) but half those teams make sense.
~You can't run from who you are~
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#551 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu May 16, 2024 11:16 am

Loisl wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
NYKinMIA wrote:

now you go.

But it does. 8-)

Harten
sch (like the s in sugar)
t
ein (like nine or wine without the first letter)

Thanks. You’re late. I thought he thought it was saying “steen” like Springsteen.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,279

Post#552 » by MrDollarBills » Thu May 16, 2024 11:39 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

He better tighten up those laces. That ankle looked like it was gonna give :cry:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,462
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#553 » by BKlutch » Thu May 16, 2024 12:38 pm

Context wrote:
stuporman wrote:
Context wrote:

I wonder about that as well...I guess its almost impossible to watch every single playoff game before you report on it...

I'm tired of this narrative that Hali is not aggressive enough...I would love the stat on how many of his shots in this series were wide open makes. It seems to me that when he had those big games- we didnt guard him for the most part and most of his shots were
wide open shots.
Once we double Hali or guarded him well he couldnt produce at a high percentage... He needs to put that work in - in the summer if he wants to take his game to another level and he needs to get tougher. You cant evolve in a series...

Let me help you - never doubt them- I learned that after 7 games in December Stu :lol:

It's their responsibility to watch it if they are paid to talk about it. I'm not asking them to watch Australian cricket or crap and talk about it, this is the NBA playoffs, they acting like their opinion matters then watch these effing games. It's fugaze any other way.

This is Hali's first trip to the playoffs, it is what it is, Brunson and the Knicks are schooling him so far, but his intention is to do the best he can now and learn from it. The media muppets are weaving a story time tale about him just like they do the zombie Knicks plot.

Finally, I've been watching the Knicks since I had a tiny black and white TV with bunny ear antenna covered in tin foil trying to see King and the Knicks through the snow fuzz. I'm entitled to a little BFS from time to time. I don't need help being a fan.

Fair enough Stu...
I've been a Knick fan since 94...when did you start?

Hali has had a poor series, but I blame that on the team around him and the coaching -- Crylyle has done a poor job. It reminds me of how badly Ju played in the Atlanta series. He didn't have the support he needed, so all they had to do was stop our only reliable scorer. (Which led to the over-inflated ego of Trae, his eventual downfall, and possibly the growth of his bald spot.)

Agree Hali is being schooled, and suspect he will do well with experience and a well coached team. His game 5 postgame interview revealed he had no idea why their team got blown out -- he said it was because of their unforced errors, and no idea why LOL.

But I have to agree that most analysts read box scored, maybe skim the play by play descriptions, and have no fuqqin' idea what they're talking about -- even though they talk as if they're the ones who know. It's time for TNT to lose its NBA rights, as that team is full of empty egos, hot air balloons, who decided to make their money trashing the Knicks, no matter what. I'd feel bad if my whole career were based on how well I can preach fiction to the masses, but they don't care. They've got the $$ to spend now.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense even without OG, our after-burner.

Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,459

Post#554 » by Knicks Byke » Thu May 16, 2024 1:14 pm

I'm glad Crylyle is being used :lol:
Galvationknicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,110

Post#555 » by Galvationknicks » Thu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm

JB is Him
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,099

Post#556 » by NYKinMIA » Thu May 16, 2024 3:32 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
NYKinMIA wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

oh word?

and now i realize when you said you pronounce it like "breen" you didn't mean saying it where it sounds like "breen." you meant you pronounce hartenstein's name the way breen pronounces it. that was not clear. you pronounce it like breen does.

all good homie, just a misunderstanding. I think if it's your job to talk sports, say a man's name correctly ffs!

so many heads say steen, and many don't use the sch like Breen does.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#557 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu May 16, 2024 3:41 pm

NYKinMIA wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
NYKinMIA wrote:oh word?

all good homie, just a misunderstanding. I think if it's your job to talk sports, say a man's name correctly ffs!

for real. the hartenSTEENS make me mad on that level and... you all grown-up media and communications professionals. you don't know that's how you say that? i'll even accept a hartenSTEIN if you can't get the full SCHTEIN. :lol:
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,368

Post#558 » by matchman » Thu May 16, 2024 4:34 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
NYKinMIA wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

for real. the hartenSTEENS make me mad on that level and... you all grown-up media and communications professionals. you don't know that's how you say that? i'll even accept a hartenSTEIN if you can't get the full SCHTEIN. :lol:

I know this series is in good shape when we are busy on Isaiah's family name pronunciation. 8-)
Are you fans of the team or the player?
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,808

Post#559 » by FrozenEnvelope » Thu May 16, 2024 4:36 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:It's amazing how to this day people don't know what an anti jinx is..

And it's easier to play pessimist and then be surprised with a W.

Gutsy win from our boys, Brunson said it was a long f*cking series and he backed those words up tonight!

Close it out in Indy, let's make these hicks cry

You're so cringe bruh :lol: :lol:

You think you're a better fan because you act like a blind homer and act like the Knicks are gonna go undefeated and win the chip? :lol: :lol:

I did an anti-jinx against the Sixers game 6, it worked, did it for game 5 now, and it worked. :D
Gotta balance out all the overconfident Knicks fans that kept saying Knicks in 4, then 5, then 6, etc lol who are jinxing the hell out of us.

You think you have an effect on the outcome of games? What are you 10 years old?
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,808

Post#560 » by FrozenEnvelope » Thu May 16, 2024 4:45 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
Context wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:You're so cringe bruh :lol: :lol:

You think you're a better fan because you act like a blind homer and act like the Knicks are gonna go undefeated and win the chip? :lol: :lol:

I did an anti-jinx against the Sixers game 6, it worked, did it for game 5 now, and it worked. :D
Gotta balance out all the overconfident Knicks fans that kept saying Knicks in 4, then 5, then 6, etc lol who are jinxing the hell out of us.

with all do respect family...drop the beef and just enjoy this run...we've been suffering for decades...we didnt suffer for decades
to be at eachothers necks to be right and judgmental :D
I'm saying this with love and respect...

I just don't like when people try to gatekeep fandom and try to tell people how they should cheer or support a team. It comes off like they think they're better than you, they're on their high horse, etc. Just cringey.

I don't think there is any fan that says we are going to win every game and win the championship this season. But this team has earned our support and love.

To be this weak minded fan like you that caves at the slightest bit of adversity and gives up the minute something goes wrong, I have no respect and I don't like fans like you. I mentioned the other night after leaving the Garden how there is nothing like Knicks fans and how it's a brotherhood. Guys like you aren't in that brotherhood. In a zombie apocalypse, you're hiding with the little children in the cellar. I was going to call you Samwell but even he fought when **** hit the fan. When Kendrick Perkins says the Garden has the best playoff atmosphere over OKC and Cleveland because of the fans and energy, he was certainly not talking about fans like you.

Return to New York Knicks