ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,529

Re: Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one! 

Post#781 » by EnigmatiC » Thu May 16, 2024 10:20 am

lol I love all the hit pieces that drop immediately after a team is sent home
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,093

Post#782 » by knicks94 » Thu May 16, 2024 10:24 am

I have zero sympathy for former Nets players, especially those from the era in which the media used them to clown us.
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,707

Post#783 » by HopelessKnick » Thu May 16, 2024 11:26 am

ScienceOfLosing wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kevon Looney played through pain like that in the 2019 Finals. Not sure if he got a shot for pain or not , and it was collarbone not ribs, but I remember him really toughing it out

I wouldn’t want an injection when I know the team is going nowhere.
Prefer to save my liver for my later years.
Maybe a cannabis infusion. :wink:

In other news, board changed quick on unstoppable OKC and a bit on Timberwolves.

I believe their thinking is like that there were times during the regular season where they did indeed look pretty good. I could see how some would believe that with a fully healthy team and all they may have been at least able to give Boston a close series.

The Knicks and Cavs must have been the most injury riddled teams in the league. Super frustrating for them as well....just when everybody wrote them off after the Garland and Mobley injuries they managed to go on a huge regular season run to actually move up the standings. Then both of them return and they are looking at a healthy playoff run and then Mitchell and Allen go down. I mean seriously---tough luck.

BTW I wouldn't be opposed to a potential trade for Allen. I could see him taking even another step under Thibs and he is already pretty good. Between Hartenstein's free agency and Mitch's injury problems he may be a player worth considering in the offseason.
HopelessKnick
Starter

Post#784 » by HopelessKnick » Thu May 16, 2024 11:30 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kevon Looney played through pain like that in the 2019 Finals. Not sure if he got a shot for pain or not , and it was collarbone not ribs, but I remember him really toughing it out

It may be difficult to compare though because we don't know the extents of the injuries....
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,950

Post#785 » by spree2kawhi » Thu May 16, 2024 11:49 am

HopelessKnick wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I have had a ripcage contusion last year as well. The pain is bad---I tried to play ball with it a couple times but you are like at 50% effectiveness, forget playing anything resembling defense, you literally can't even take the slightest hits at all.....and every hit on it makes it worse as well....so yes good call by Allen IMO. I knew the moment they announced the injury that he was done for the playoffs....it is a very very slow healing thing. Needed two months for me to resolve.

The discussion is pathetic. He couldn’t play, that’s all.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,279

Post#786 » by MrDollarBills » Thu May 16, 2024 11:54 am

HopelessKnick wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I have had a ripcage contusion last year as well. The pain is bad---I tried to play ball with it a couple times but you are like at 50% effectiveness, forget playing anything resembling defense, you literally can't even take the slightest hits at all.....and every hit on it makes it worse as well....so yes good call by Allen IMO. I knew the moment they announced the injury that he was done for the playoffs....it is a very very slow healing thing. Needed two months for me to resolve.

4 weeks ago I accidentally slipped coming out of the shower and bust my ass. Rib contusion. I couldn't even breathe or walk without wanting to just double over in pain. I haven't felt that kind of pain in my life. Had to dope myself up on naxopren and muscle relaxers for like 2 weeks just to manage through the day and I had to sleep upright.

I'm finally at the point where i can actually lift up things and walk without pain, and yet I'm still not cleared to resume exercise until i see my doctor next week. I don't blame Allen one bit for refusing. That injury is no joke.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,279

Post#787 » by MrDollarBills » Thu May 16, 2024 11:59 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Collarbone is different. Rib contusions mess with your breathing. I couldn't fathom doing a sprint right now and it's been a few weeks. Walking to check the mail or do laundry at my complex was a disaster early on.

I'm all for crapping on the Cavs but I can't cast judgment on Allen over this, I'd be hypocrite. :lol:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,950

Post#788 » by spree2kawhi » Thu May 16, 2024 12:21 pm

I wonder which teams would be interested in Trae Young… Lakers, Magic, OKC, Detroit would be good fits. Any others?
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 30,138

Post#789 » by HerSports85 » Thu May 16, 2024 12:34 pm

Cavs in shambles

Read on Twitter
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,462
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#790 » by BKlutch » Thu May 16, 2024 12:47 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Collarbone is different. Rib contusions mess with your breathing. I couldn't fathom doing a sprint right now and it's been a few weeks. Walking to check the mail or do laundry at my complex was a disaster early on.

I'm all for crapping on the Cavs but I can't cast judgment on Allen over this, I'd be hypocrite. :lol:

Not too long ago, he was considered the best big in the whole city of Brooklyn. I'm not going to say he's wrong for refusing the shot to play with a real injury, but he was always soft. His great shot-blocking ability seemed to vanish when he got dunked on by some better players. Cleveland is not built to win the playoffs, and I'd have loved playing them -- but NOT at the expense of tanking to get them instead of continuing our winning culture.

If we get to play Boston in the ECF, all I want to see is our guys playing the best they can and playing the way they play best. Boston is a good team and we're down 4 important players, but I'm not going to give them the win by any means. We could pull this off, but I'm going to love our guys and our team no matter what they do.

Also, I think that a team that gets through a round by playing an easier team to beat does not grow and toughen up the way a team does when it plays against a good competitor. Look at our game 5 against Indy -- we adapted to their efforts to stop us, and after the players recovered enough to play hard again, we really shut them down. I'm certain some of those lessons will come in very handy against Boston. Yes, I'm counting on us getting there now.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense even without OG, our after-burner.

EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,529

Post#791 » by EnigmatiC » Thu May 16, 2024 1:00 pm

Read on Twitter
HopelessKnick
Starter

Post#792 » by HopelessKnick » Thu May 16, 2024 1:19 pm

Really odd to see everybody in Cleveland being mad at each other---you would think, given all the injuries and circumstances they'd have a pretty successful season. Won 50 games, made the 2nd round and lost to the league's strongest team of the season so far.

This is btw why I'm so cautious at bringing in another star at the expense of our current chemistry and rotation. It is not easy building a coherent team where everyone gets along well and the unit works truly as a team.
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,704

Post#793 » by shtolky » Thu May 16, 2024 1:27 pm

EnigmatiC wrote:
Read on Twitter

And now it's starting. Definitely not a coincidence these stories are coming out literally the same night/day after they got eliminated. I can't see how he signs an extension when it seems very clear he doesn't want to be there. What is being described as lacking in CLE is exactly what we have here. Thing is, how much do we actually want to give up for Mitchell, when the team might be contenders next year with just a healthy squad and some minor upgrades.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,848

Post#794 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu May 16, 2024 1:52 pm

HopelessKnick wrote:Really odd to see everybody in Cleveland being mad at each other---you would think, given all the injuries and circumstances they'd have a pretty successful season. Won 50 games, made the 2nd round and lost to the league's strongest team of the season so far.

This is btw why I'm so cautious at bringing in another star at the expense of our current chemistry and rotation. It is not easy building a coherent team where everyone gets along well and the unit works truly as a team.

I knew something was off with them when they played better when they weren't fully healthy and missing 2 important guys (Mobley and Garland)... Even during the playoffs, they seemed to play much better when they had only 1 big in the starting lineup.

Also the quotes from the team after they threw game 82 to get the Magic were very telling. Just doesn't seem like a very "together" group of guys.

Feels like the issue is they traded for Mitchell without a plan of how to truly build around him and not knowing whether he truly wanted to be there or not. So now they're stuck either having to upheave the roster for a possibly malcontent star or trading him away and trying to build around young guys who haven't proven much without their own picks as a safety blanket. Bad spot to be in IMO.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,504

Post#795 » by aggo » Thu May 16, 2024 2:47 pm

watch this

Read on Twitter

not all 40% 3pt shooters are created equal.

give me a high volume 37% shooter
than
a low volume 40% 3pt shooter

there are levels to shooting. atleast 1 or 2 of those fakes should've been attempts

this is why I liked bogs, burks and McBride a ton. a willingness to take lower quality looks and still be a 40% 3pt shooter
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,636

Post#796 » by Fat Kat » Thu May 16, 2024 3:49 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,636

Post#797 » by Fat Kat » Thu May 16, 2024 4:27 pm

Read on Twitter

How was this trade in retrospect?
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,472

Post#798 » by spree8 » Thu May 16, 2024 5:02 pm

aggo wrote:watch this

Read on Twitter

not all 40% 3pt shooters are created equal.

give me a high volume 37% shooter
than
a low volume 40% 3pt shooter

there are levels to shooting. atleast 1 or 2 of those fakes should've been attempts

this is why I liked bogs, burks and McBride a ton. a willingness to take lower quality looks and still be a 40% 3pt shooter

SGA missed out on an easy backdoor pass to Chet cutting to the rim, and Dort missed Chet wide open… I mean really wide open for a 3.. kinda felt bad for him because he’s asking for the ball on 3 different occasions since he’s in perfect position. His teammates just panicked and made dumb plays instead. Lively is good, but I’d argue that’s bad offense more than good defense in that clip. Gotta be able to make the right play under pressure, but they’re young and inexperienced.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,397

Post#799 » by Capn'O » Thu May 16, 2024 5:09 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

How was this trade in retrospect?

BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,171

Post#800 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu May 16, 2024 5:24 pm

thank you based chanel and green arrow. and guan0
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it

Return to New York Knicks