ImageImageImageImageImage

Build-A-Rap Label 1.0 RULES & DISCUSSION New Rule PG. 40

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Re: Build-A-Rap Label 1.0 RULES & DISCUSSION New Rule PG. 40 

Post#1761 » by Mecca » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:05 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:how u gonna make greenie quit.. smh

I ain't make her quit sh*t. She quit herself because I told her to stop telling me FOH. Then she proceeded to tell me to FOH and quit.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#1762 » by El Poochio » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:09 pm

You know what the great Snoop say, they aint leavin til skipped in the mooooornin

SKIP SKIP SKIP TO THE BEAT

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#1763 » by E-Balla » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:38 pm

If anyone can reach 92 tell him he has exactly 59 minutes. My post is ready and everything.
RealGM
And1: 39,218

Post#1764 » by 2010 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:05 pm

E-Balla wrote:If anyone can reach 92 tell him he has exactly 59 minutes. My post is ready and everything.

You about to break my heart bro, I already know it. I'm bracing for impact.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,501

Build-A-Rap Label 1.0 RULES & DISCUSSION New Rule PG. 40 

Post#1765 » by j4remi » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:07 pm

Slum Village! Love it! When dilla went I tried to incognito reference em.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
El Poochio

Post#1766 » by El Poochio » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:14 pm

I think Greenie is right btw, when you break the group you gotta take them one by one otherwise stupid rule

Mecca
RealGM

Post#1767 » by Mecca » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:15 pm

not going to lie, this is the most fun I've had in a BAT since the first auction we did, and before that, since the first I joined. Been having so much fun going back to everyone I drafted's catalogue.
Brooklyn Nets
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1768 » by Mecca » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:17 pm

El Poochio wrote:I think Greenie is right btw, when you break the group you gotta take them one by one otherwise stupid rule

That was a part of the strategy associated with it. If someone Nabs someone from the squad, they foil your plans.
Brooklyn Nets
El Poochio

Post#1769 » by El Poochio » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:19 pm

Mecca wrote:
El Poochio wrote:I think Greenie is right btw, when you break the group you gotta take them one by one otherwise stupid rule

That was a part of the strategy associated with it. If someone Nabs someone from the squad, they foil your plans.

Yeah but you should still be picking one by one since that band doesnt exist anymore to be picked, when you collect them all one by one they could decide to form the band again under your label

Mecca
RealGM

Post#1770 » by Mecca » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:22 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Yeah but you should still be picking one by one since that band doesnt exist anymore to be picked, when you collect them all one by one they could decide to form the band again under your label

That's why your first few picks are like team captains. If you own the captain of the team, you have the option to suck up the rest of the crew if no one grabbed anyone from the crew
Brooklyn Nets
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1771 » by Mecca » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:23 pm

Also, that would leave mad crews not getting drafted
Brooklyn Nets
El Poochio

Post#1772 » by El Poochio » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:31 pm

Mecca wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
Mecca wrote:

That's why your first few picks are like team captains. If you own the captain of the team, you have the option to suck up the rest of the crew if no one grabbed anyone from the crew

Ok, next time state that in the rules so it will be clear, if it was up to me though I would go with Greenie's version, breaking up a group in the first place should come with the cost that you have to spend consequent picks to get others, since you were such in love with that individual that you picked him in the first 3 rounds

Mecca
RealGM

Post#1773 » by Mecca » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:35 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Mecca wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

Ok, next time state that in the rules so it will be clear, if it was up to me though I would go with Greenie's version, breaking up a group in the first place should come with the cost that you have to spend consequent picks to get others, since you were such in love with that individual that you picked him in the first 3 rounds

it was stated earlier in the discussion thread. I explained the rule early in the thread.

I don't understand why it should come with a cost personally. If someone wants someone else from the crew, draft them and spoil their plans. It's strategy

In the next one, we'll discuss this before anything. We did 17 basketball BATs and there are still issues with rules. This one was going to come with questions.
Brooklyn Nets
El Poochio

Post#1774 » by El Poochio » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:40 pm

Mecca wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
Mecca wrote:

it was stated earlier in the discussion thread. I explained the rule early in the thread.

I don't understand why it should come with a cost personally. If someone wants someone else from the crew, draft them and spoil their plans. It's strategy

In the next one, we'll discuss this before anything. We did 17 basketball BATs and there are still issues with rules. This one was going to come with questions.

I think it contradicts with the fact of bands being ineligible to be drafted in the first 3 rounds, cuz if the rest of the crew are meaningless individuals they most likely wont get drafted and you are basically drafting a band in the first 3 rounds, which is against the rule and you are well aware of it from the start knowing those individuals are meaningless, so to go against the original rule, the cost here would be to spend multiple picks on it, otherwise it doesnt change the fact you drafted a band whereas you shouldnt be able to, with no penalty

Mecca
RealGM

Post#1775 » by Mecca » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:45 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Mecca wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

I think it contradicts with the fact of bands being ineligible to be drafted in the first 3 rounds, cuz if the rest of the crew are meaningless individuals they most likely wont get drafted and you are basically drafting a band in the first 3 rounds, which is against the rule and you are well aware of it from the start knowing those individuals are meaningless, so to go against the original rule, the cost here would be to spend multiple picks on it, otherwise it doesnt change the fact you drafted a band whereas you shouldnt be able to, with no penalty

That's not really true though because multiple people could've been drafted from the LOX, Little Brother, etc.

Again, this is a topic we can revisit next BAT now that we know what questions come up. I did make it clear that if you had someone on the team, you can absorb the rest of the crew. If you want I'll go find it Monday
Brooklyn Nets
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#1776 » by Knicksfan1992 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:56 pm

Phones broken and I'm doing my best and 3tothehead fuqqed me with that UGK pick but nobody is touching my line up. You mess with Drake deal with Jada... And Drake and Fab are a natural combo. So many fuqqin hits. Not to mention the great collabo Jada and Fab are going to make. 40 the engineer for it all. Low key the GOAt producer. Come live your dreams out at OVO
El Poochio

Post#1777 » by El Poochio » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:56 pm

Mecca wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
Mecca wrote:

That's not really true though because multiple people could've been drafted from the LOX, Little Brother, etc.

Again, this is a topic we can revisit next BAT now that we know what questions come up. I did make it clear that if you had someone on the team, you can absorb the rest of the crew. If you want I'll go find it Monday

I dont care lol I am thinking about the future games and to be it consistent

Thats a different case than mine, my case is still drafting a band in a pick with no band eligibility, if you want all you should wait for the round 4, otherwise spend 4 picks to get all 4 not 2

E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#1778 » by E-Balla » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:02 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Mecca wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

I guess this still makes sense tho because you'll have to spend 2 picks on the group instead of one and waste one of your solo picks.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#1779 » by Knicksfan1992 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:03 pm

Damn I look like an idiot either way Kid Cudi fits....
El Poochio

Post#1780 » by El Poochio » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:10 pm

E-Balla wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
Mecca wrote:

I guess this still makes sense tho because you'll have to spend 2 picks on the group instead of one and waste one of your solo picks.

Depends what version you prefer I guess, I would have preferred Greenie one for simplicity and clarity, otherwise its not much different than saying Questlove and Roots production team in your first pick, depending on the case, which is a bit lolz

Naturally it will be assumed whoever these guys were collaborating with will still collaborate with them anyway since those guys went undrafted and are basically unemployed bums now

Return to New York Knicks