ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,161

Re: Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#1041 » by thebuzzardman » Tue May 21, 2024 1:27 am

Can't wait for the Knicks to run it back with the same squad so their injury depleted team gets bounced in the 2nd round for the 3rd straight year
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,895

Post#1042 » by Butch718 » Tue May 21, 2024 1:47 am

newyorker4ever wrote:
Butch718 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Randle is also a horrible ball handler and for some reason thinks he's good at it and always losing the ball in games and at the worst times of games. What exactly is the definition of an all nba talent anyway?

Someone that’s made the second team twice?

Sure he gets careless with the ball at times. I dislike when he gets tunnel vision.

But only a biased hater would try to discredit his accomplishments and his abilities. Bridges is not a better facilitator or offensive player. It’s not even close.

Not sure if you're implying i'm a biased hater or not but everything i said is true and haven't ever said Randle isn't a really good player, just speaking truth about how many bad things come from him and haven't even hit on the issues he's had with his incidents he's had with teammates and with trainers.

I'm actually okay with running it back but sure would love to find a way to get Mikal on this team. I put a high value on the defense which obviously Randle lacks in.

The thing is, the current roster construction is perfect for him AND Brunson. But as we all saw in the playoffs, you need a secondary playmaker and shotmaker that can help take pressure off Brunson, which Randle is suited for. Before he went down with his shoulder injury he was taking it to the basket more, instead of settling for outside shots. He was also facilitating the ball and playing within the offense.

He is an all-nba talent whether you would like to admit it or not. I like Bridges, but he doesn’t alleviate any issues we have on the offensive end. Sorry, but Randle is the superior player on that end, and if he were healthy, he would have abused Indiana’s front line.
The KnicksFix
Starter
And1: 1,809

Post#1043 » by The KnicksFix » Tue May 21, 2024 1:58 am

Get Mikal at all costs
4 FRP’s, bogie and Burks for salary filler
Get
MIKAL
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,841

Post#1044 » by mpharris36 » Tue May 21, 2024 2:00 am

name the list of the top 10 targets for Knicks (semi realistic).

So don't say Ant Edwards or someone like that isn't going anywhere.

But I would say you could put Giannis in there because of the MIL situation and there aging players and lack of assets his camp may eventually ask out.

So whats the top 10 "semi" realistic ideal targets for Knicks...go
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,518

Post#1045 » by BigShot Bojan » Tue May 21, 2024 2:11 am

Butch718 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Butch718 wrote:
Someone that’s made the second team twice?

Sure he gets careless with the ball at times. I dislike when he gets tunnel vision.

But only a biased hater would try to discredit his accomplishments and his abilities. Bridges is not a better facilitator or offensive player. It’s not even close.

Not sure if you're implying i'm a biased hater or not but everything i said is true and haven't ever said Randle isn't a really good player, just speaking truth about how many bad things come from him and haven't even hit on the issues he's had with his incidents he's had with teammates and with trainers.

I'm actually okay with running it back but sure would love to find a way to get Mikal on this team. I put a high value on the defense which obviously Randle lacks in.

The thing is, the current roster construction is perfect for him AND Brunson. But as we all saw in the playoffs, you need a secondary playmaker and shotmaker that can help take pressure off Brunson, which Randle is suited for. Before he went down with his shoulder injury he was taking it to the basket more, instead of settling for outside shots. He was also facilitating the ball and playing within the offense.

He is an all-nba talent whether you would like to admit it or not. I like Bridges, but he doesn’t alleviate any issues we have on the offensive end. Sorry, but Randle is the superior player on that end, and if he were healthy, he would have abused Indiana’s front line.
Randle has no worse handles than Jaylen brown and I’m sure plenty would want to acquire him
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,895

Post#1046 » by Butch718 » Tue May 21, 2024 2:18 am

mpharris36 wrote:name the list of the top 10 targets for Knicks (semi realistic).

But I would say you could put Giannis in there because of the MIL situation and there aging players and lack of assets his camp may eventually ask out.

Alex Caruso
Bruce Brown
Devin Booker (not a fan but something to pay attention to if Phoenix has another subpar season)
PG13 (also not a fan due to age and injury history)
Murray
Brodgon
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,084

Post#1047 » by SARGO127 » Tue May 21, 2024 2:31 am

- Trade Bogi and Mitch, +4 1sts (3 UP, one of the Wiz/Det) for Bridges
- Trade McBride, Sims, Diakite, Bucks 25 1st, Other of Woz/Det 1st for Naz Reid
- OG and Hart re sign

C: Reid / Hartenstein / Rookie
PF: Randle / (OG/Hart) / Rookie
SF: OG / Hart
SG: Bridges / DDV / Rookie
PG: Brunson / Rokas / Vet PG
Isiahthomass
Bench Warmer
And1: 847

Post#1048 » by Isiahthomass » Tue May 21, 2024 2:42 am

how about using McBride, Sims and a FRP or two for Darius Garland?
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,514

Post#1049 » by aggo » Tue May 21, 2024 2:47 am

Ok **** it

Go get mikal
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,633

Post#1050 » by WargamesX » Tue May 21, 2024 2:50 am

Isiahthomass wrote:how about using McBride, Sims and a FRP or two for Darius Garland?

Garland would be the highest paid player on the roster
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Nyk4lyfe
Sixth Man
And1: 574

Post#1051 » by Nyk4lyfe » Tue May 21, 2024 2:52 am

I was running the cap numbers and there’s actually a way the Knicks can not only avoid hitting the 1st or 2nd apron but even stay below the luxury tax line while getting significantly better…. All while not having to unload the entire treasure chest on a “big name star”.

I believe this is all legal... if someone with more CBA knowledge than me can pick apart any inaccuracies/flaws in my breakdown, I’d appreciate it.

Some of ya’ll might not agree with the actual acquisition names mentioned, this is more about a discussion on crunching the payroll numbers than a discussion on talent/fit… feel free to suggest alternative players/ideas.

A Cap-Friendly 9-Step Plan for Knicks Offseason

1. Ask OG to pickup his player option for 20mil and then offer him an extension for a LOT more than that for an additional 3-4 years a few weeks later. This will come out to 35++ per year on average. This is what we did with Josh Hart and it helped us stay under luxury tax and get DVo last year. I think the strong CAA connection (plus maybe we offer him a bit more extra than his market value for this favor) will be enough incentive. This would also save Dolan a crap ton of money in the long term cause its less years as “repeat tax offenders”. The clock would start the following year so we get a LOT more flexibility in trades/signings in the future if we avoid the tax/aprons this year.

2. Sign iHart for the max we can with Early Bird Rights which I believe is in the ballpark of 72.5mil over 4 years (this would have to include a lot of incentives or else its much less unfortunately). Pray a team doesn’t offer 80-90+mil. I think iHart would take a slight paycut to stay here but if another team heavily overpays, I think that would be that.

3. Offer Brunson his max extension. He will likely decline this summer (4 years, $161mil) since the extension the following summer (5 years, $260 mil) would be wayyyy better. But hey its worth a shot

4. Offer Randle an extension in the ballpark of 35-40 mil a year. I’m not entire sure if he bites, especially with how high the cap/contracts are about to get. but hey its worth a shot

5. Pickup Team Option for Jericho Simms. Cut all the other 3rd string scrubs, they can come back to training camp and duke it out for the final spot or go to G-league.

6. Renounce the cap holds for Alec Burks and Precious Achiuwa. Offer them vet mins if they want to come back. I really doubt either of them would bite on that offer, but if they do then great. I love these guys… they really stepped up for us when we were down to our last legs and we’ll never forget their heroics. but it might not be worth losing years of flexibility over their contracts and the long term vision

7. We have #24, #25, and #38 in the draft. Even though these contracts are cost-friendly, even the few extra mil can tippy toe us over the luxury line. I would use pick #24 to draft a long NBA-ready 3rd string wing and use pick #38 to draft a NBA-ready playmaking 3rd string PG (maybe a prospect who falls deeper in draft cause they’re “older”). Buy another pick in the 40s with cash incentives…. 2nd rounders = more youth on unguaranteed contracts. I would suggest some names but i'd rather defer to someone whose more well-versed than me in this draft. Then trade pick #25 in the package below, which would help shed some guaranteed salary as well.

8. We have until June 30th to make Bogdonavic’s contract guaranteed. I believe we should trade him before this deadline, while it’s still unguaranteed, because there’s a lot of teams out there looking to get immediate salary cap relief. Some teams are looking for expand cap space for a big FA splash, others are looking to avoid the new stricter cap penalties coming up and others are just tryna shed salary cause they’re cheap. We can’t underestimate the value of having an unguaranteed contract. Just this contract perk alone can get us some of the players I’m about to mention… some will likely require a package with the #25 pick I mentioned above… then some might even require additional draft capital (an extra 2nd, or an extra heavily protected pick that we have from DET, WAS, MIL… just not our own 1sts). Some long wings that could play the 3/4 and match salary wise: PJ Washington, Deni Avdija, Dorian Finney-Smith, Rui Hachimura, Jonathan Isaac, Harrison Barnes (not the best name on this list but maybe the most realistic), DeAndre Hunter, Jaden McDaniels, Cameron Johnson (if only Nets would trade with us) .

9. Since we are a non-tax payer team, we have the non-tax payer MLE which means technically we can offer a free agent 14 mil per year (with a starting salary at 13mil). However, this would put us over luxury tax… according to my math, we could offer ~8.2 mil per year instead and be exactly at the luxury cap line. We could use this on wings who can fill a 3&D role like DeAnthony Melton, Royce Oneal, Kyle Anderson, Josh Richardson, Taureean Prince, Lonnie Walker, Najii Walker, Gary Harris, Torrey Craig, Robert Covington. And look if you love Precious, I think you can easily bring him back at this number as well. Also some of these names might also not be realistic at just 8.2mil, in which case it might be worth it to go over the luxury tax and just give the full 13mil… not the end of the world for a difference-maker, since we will still be under the first apron in that scenario

1st String:

Jalen Brunson (24.9mil)

Donte Divincenzo (11.5mil)

OG Anunoby (19.9mil)

Julius Randle (30.3mil)

Isiah Hartenstein (16.3 mil)

2nd String:

Deuce McBride (4.7mil)

Josh Hart (18.1mil)

Royce O’Neal or Kyle Anderson or equivalent (~8.2+ mil)

Harrison Barnes or Cam Johnson or equivalent (~18-20mil)

Mitchell Robinson (14.3 mil)

3rd String:

25th Pick (2.7 mil, NBA ready)

Jericho Simms (2.1mil)

38th Pick (unguaranteed)

40th Pick (unguaranteed)

Best Training Camp Invite (unguaranteed)

Total Salary: $172mil

Projected Luxury Tax Line: $172mil

Unless some big-fish star comes along and says he wants to play for NYK and the deal is right, I would much rather run it back with the same roster but with more firepower off the bench (i.e Harrison Barnes + Royce O’Neal + NBA-ready 3rd stringers... imo the deepest bench in the league). A team like that could truly give anyone a run for its money if healthy
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,636

Post#1052 » by robillionaire » Tue May 21, 2024 2:54 am

My sources close to the situation confirm that if LeBron leaves the lakers we are trading for Anthony Davis deal to be announced and finalized this summer still a lot of moving parts
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,776

Post#1053 » by Red Vines » Tue May 21, 2024 2:54 am

SARGO127 wrote:- Trade Bogi and Mitch, +4 1sts (3 UP, one of the Wiz/Det) for Bridges
- Trade McBride, Sims, Diakite, Bucks 25 1st, Other of Woz/Det 1st for Naz Reid
- OG and Hart re sign

C: Reid / Hartenstein / Rookie
PF: Randle / (OG/Hart) / Rookie
SF: OG / Hart
SG: Bridges / DDV / Rookie
PG: Brunson / Rokas / Vet PG

I agree we either need to move Randle for a proven versatile scorer with size like Bridges and/or add a mobile C like Reid who can stretch the floor to give Brunson & Randle room to operate. My biggest pet peeve with this roster is not having a C who can make a jump shot.
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,368

Post#1054 » by matchman » Tue May 21, 2024 3:07 am

Wildcat wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:I don't see much conversation regarding Mikal which is why I made the thread.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do we think it would take to pry Mikal away from the nets?

What would we have to give up realistically?

I don't think book is a realistic option, Greek would be way too expensive, don't want embiitch

Doubt Kuzma could handle NY or be a Thibs guy

Mikal would be a great fit especially w the nova connection... so would the Nets ever be a trading partner with us?

Where does he fit on this team? Donte is our 2-guard. OG is our SF. Randle is our PF. Does he have a role off the bench? Will he accept a role off the bench? Mikal had a let down season. My understanding was he was depressed or something akin to it. I'm afraid the Mikal boat has sailed.

If Mikal would ever wear a Knicks jersey, Randle must be gone already. But Randle just doesn't make sense in Nets so it would be trade among multiple teams. That would be the type of overpay while trying to do addition by subtraction (face value of talent vs potential team chemistry)
Are you fans of the team or the player?
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,352

Post#1055 » by TrueWarrior » Tue May 21, 2024 3:14 am

There arent many proven upgrades out there.

Jalen is our franchise player. Going nowhere and as good as any guard in the league.

Julius and OG are up near the top of their positions already. The only upgrades from them are legit superstars who arent available at this time.

Donte and Isaiah are upgradeable in theory, but who on the market are better players and fits than them for a reasonable price? They are underrated because they didnt breakout or have much hype until this season, but they were great overall and have more room to improve.

Josh, Deuce, Mitch, and Bojan is as good of a bench as any. Not even counting Precious and Alec who may not be back, or any new additions.

Booker and Mitchell are better than Donte in a vacuum, but they’re not being traded as of now and would they be worth the gigantic haul they’d cost? What if Donte levels up again next year?

Mikal makes obvious sense, but until woj or shams tweets talks are happening between the Knicks and Nets on him I will believe it’s a no go.

I wanted Porzingis back last offseason, as he was the most obvious upgrade at the 5 who would have given us a different aspect with his shooting, but I would tell Isaiah to work on his corner 3 all summer so he can give us some of the KP stuff. Unless Embiid, AD, Giannis, or someone of that caliber goes on the block then Isaiah is the best center we got.

My main point is of course posters will be speculating all summer, but the “run it back with only minor moves” people are the most realistic unless a huge star demands out.

Jalen took his game to new heights.

OG and Julius only played together for 1 month.

Donte, Isaiah, Josh, and Deuce are better more experienced players now than they were 6 months ago. The injuries had a silver lining in forcing them to step up, and they did.

There isnt much room to improve. Julius and OG will be our main additions. OG only played 31 games for us (playoffs included) so he’s basically still new. Julius barely got to play with OG, Donte, Deuce, and Isaiah. He was still learning to play with Jalen and Josh too.

Look for more under the radar pickups besides big names. Like how we got Isaiah and Donte with little fanfare, then they became bonafide starters on a 2nd seed. Or how Deuce was a 3rd stringer who blossomed into a great backup guard. Nobody thought much of these guys until this season.

We all want another 3/D wing, guard who creates, stretch 5, etc but so does every team. Those guys dont grow on trees and they will have their own flaws.

We have to value the draft more. Thats where we can find some cheap young contributors, or can strike gold. However we’re clearly loading up on draft picks to trade them mainly. There just isnt anybody to trade them for who makes sense right now. We’ll see what happens this summer. All Im sayin is dont get your hopes up for many changes.
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,368

Post#1056 » by matchman » Tue May 21, 2024 3:14 am

thebuzzardman wrote:Can't wait for the Knicks to run it back with the same squad so their injury depleted team gets bounced in the 2nd round for the 3rd straight year

If your guess is right, that would probably be the last dance of this group as there are so many key pieces of us can be extended with a payrise or opted out to get a new contract here or elsewhere.

Hence this summer's bold decision is to re-run with this group or try something new before we need to pay supermax to Brunson, and Randle(if we decide to keep him beyond this contract)
Are you fans of the team or the player?
Isiahthomass
Bench Warmer
And1: 847

Post#1057 » by Isiahthomass » Tue May 21, 2024 4:25 am

WargamesX wrote:
Isiahthomass wrote:how about using McBride, Sims and a FRP or two for Darius Garland?

Garland would be the highest paid player on the roster

ah true no thanks on that contract...
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,633

Post#1058 » by WargamesX » Tue May 21, 2024 4:30 am

I just saw that Sportrac took off the roster manager button and Capulator hasn’t updated since before the Detroit trade. Lowkey knowing teams cap situation’s is not for the casual fan this year.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,638

Post#1059 » by Fat Kat » Tue May 21, 2024 5:58 am

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,969

Post#1060 » by spree2kawhi » Tue May 21, 2024 6:03 am

mpharris36 wrote:name the list of the top 10 targets for Knicks (semi realistic).

Mikal Bridges
KAT
Naz Reid
Lauri Markkanen (enters last year of contract)
Herb Williams
Trey Murphy
Keldon Johnson
Lonnie Walker
Jerami Grant
Donovan Mitchell

Return to New York Knicks