ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Police Officer Charged With Murder, Shot Fleeing Suspect

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Re: OT: Police Officer Charged With Murder, Shot Fleeing Suspect 

Post#161 » by Sprewell4Three » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:36 pm

This is worse than Mike Brown. This man should have not been murdered.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,312

Post#162 » by Capn'O » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:55 pm

2010 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
2010 wrote:My heart feels BullBearBidness but my mind feels Jmonty580. Everything Jmonty is saying is what I have tried to teach kids in the inner city. More people need to be taught how to deal with cops when being stopped, questioned, apprehended or arrested. "Staying Alive 101".

The fix is a two way street in that minor criminals run because they know the stakes could be raised (they could get framed/shot) without repercussion and skittish cops shoot when they see somebody run. A complete lack of trust between the community and law enforcement.

You are certainly right to teach! Proper decorum helps, but I think the "without repercussion" is the first shoe that needs to drop. Going well above and beyond what the situation should apply needs to be reprimanded harshly every time.

Well said. Which is why there needs to be a reestablishment of trust between the community and law enforcement. I've reached out to precincts in the area of Queens where there is tension to propose a seminar and they aren't interested. You get sent through a maze of phone calls to be ultimtely told they don't have the resources or manpower to deligate personnel to such an endeavor. Why not...when this could potentially save lives (on both ends) and build trust within the community?

People don't want to admit it but this IS a race issue. White cops police black neighborhoods. They don't want to be there. They feel threatened. The community doesn't want the cops there. They feel threatened. Both sides are skittish when potential confrontations arise. The distrust ultimately leads to violence. Which comes first, the chicken or the egg? The task force structure is flawed when not a single officer working a neighborhood lives anywhere within a 10 mile radius of it.

I was just listening to KRS-1's "Black Cop" yesterday where the tables are reversed. The black cop policing the black neighborhoods and it's still a mess. That song goes a bit above my level of understanding other than to say "yeah, I hear you." I've been revisiting a lot of earlier hip-hop lately as they rapped pretty deeply about these issues... what 25-30 years ago new.

Certainly the corrupt cabals of the larger cities are tough to break. More localized policing perhaps? More active citizenry in politics?
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,570

Post#163 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:20 pm

BullBearBidness wrote:
ccvle wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Let's not lose sight of the fact that the scumbag responding police officer - who witnessed the shooting officer bring the Taser over and drop it next to the victim's body - did not put that very significant fact in his report.

and no mention that the second officer is black... maybe it is not white cops vs black men, but bad cops vs black men.

It's COPS vs Black Men. Sure there are exceptions, and not all of them kill innocent people, but there are a lot of other bad things done to us that are not as egregious as murder. When are we gonna call a spade a spade? Myself, I don't have the balls to start any revolt. But at this point, I'd be ready to leave my corporate job and join up, if we did have that type of leader. Truth. I'm sick of this ****.

Bad cops bring good cops down with them. I don't know anything about that black cop and his police record, but this is what happens when an ass hole cop commits a crime in the presence of a good cop. This is the problem when it comes to police work. What is the good cop supposed to do when he sees another cop commit a crime, beat a suspect or steal? Snitch on him? Arrest him? :lol:
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#164 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:22 pm

Capn'O wrote:
2010 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
The fix is a two way street in that minor criminals run because they know the stakes could be raised (they could get framed/shot) without repercussion and skittish cops shoot when they see somebody run. A complete lack of trust between the community and law enforcement.

You are certainly right to teach! Proper decorum helps, but I think the "without repercussion" is the first shoe that needs to drop. Going well above and beyond what the situation should apply needs to be reprimanded harshly every time.

Well said. Which is why there needs to be a reestablishment of trust between the community and law enforcement. I've reached out to precincts in the area of Queens where there is tension to propose a seminar and they aren't interested. You get sent through a maze of phone calls to be ultimtely told they don't have the resources or manpower to deligate personnel to such an endeavor. Why not...when this could potentially save lives (on both ends) and build trust within the community?

People don't want to admit it but this IS a race issue. White cops police black neighborhoods. They don't want to be there. They feel threatened. The community doesn't want the cops there. They feel threatened. Both sides are skittish when potential confrontations arise. The distrust ultimately leads to violence. Which comes first, the chicken or the egg? The task force structure is flawed when not a single officer working a neighborhood lives anywhere within a 10 mile radius of it.

I was just listening to KRS-1's "Black Cop" yesterday where the tables are reversed. The black cop policing the black neighborhoods and it's still a mess. That song goes a bit above my level of understanding other than to say "yeah, I hear you." I've been revisiting a lot of earlier hip-hop lately as they rapped pretty deeply about these issues... what 25-30 years ago new.

Certainly the corrupt cabals of the larger cities are tough to break. More localized policing perhaps? More active citizenry in politics?

Black cops can be worse because they feel the need to prove to their white brother officers that "they're down" with them.
Free Palestine
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,999

Post#165 » by RHODEY » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:33 pm

delete
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,999

Post#166 » by RHODEY » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:35 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Jmonty580 wrote:

Racism isnt going anywhere! I just want to live and my kid be able to live. if cameras and protocol for dealing with cops helps raise that % then i'm all for it.

I get you on facing racism, but at the end of the day is we want people not to be gunned down unnecessarily. Thats all i'm getting at.

You have to fix the root cause. This isn't a cop issue per say. It's not like these dudes put on a uniform then all of a sudden decided it was ok to murder unarmed black people in the back. They simply dont value their lives...cameras or "protocol" wont change that. If we dont deal with the root cause you are just spinning wheels.
RealGM
And1: 39,319

Post#167 » by 2010 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:37 pm

Capn'O wrote:
2010 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:The fix is a two way street in that minor criminals run because they know the stakes could be raised (they could get framed/shot) without repercussion and skittish cops shoot when they see somebody run. A complete lack of trust between the community and law enforcement.

The more things change, the more they stay the same, right.

I'll be the first to admit, I don't have the answers or solutions to mitigate the concerns of the community and/or the police force. But at the end of the day it all comes back to what I (and Jmonty) was saying. The only thing a person can control is how they conduct themselves when stopped, questioned, or arrested. It all boils down to that. Yes, you still have some dirty cops who may try to frame or plant something on you. But 90% of the time, you will make out a whole lot better if you are trained on how to handle yourself when being confronted by the police. Comply. Don't be aggressive. Make them feel in control. If something goes wrong or is unjust, you will have your day in civil or criminal court. But at the end of the day, the odds are you'll still be alive to tell your story.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
RealGM
And1: 39,319

Post#168 » by 2010 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:42 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
2010 wrote:Well said. Which is why there needs to be a reestablishment of trust between the community and law enforcement. I've reached out to precincts in the area of Queens where there is tension to propose a seminar and they aren't interested. You get sent through a maze of phone calls to be ultimtely told they don't have the resources or manpower to deligate personnel to such an endeavor. Why not...when this could potentially save lives (on both ends) and build trust within the community?

Black cops can be worse because they feel the need to prove to their white brother officers that "they're down" with them.

Right now in the current landscape, white cops are using the "I feared for my life" as a copout. It's a get out of jail free card. I don't believe they're as afraid of the community as they pretend to be. But lets say they are. If you replace these skittish white cops with blacks who are from these communities, who understand the landscape, the culture, who have a better feel for who is a real threat and who isn't, I firmly believe you'd see less tension on both sides. Cops would feel less threatened in these neighborhoods, and the hood may just feel more protected. Everyone would feel more comfortable.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
fullermd
Banned User
And1: 142

Post#169 » by fullermd » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:03 am

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:This is horrible...there's too many police officers with no conscience these days

They have a conscience. It's just telling them that black people's lives in this country or anywhere in the world don't mean shyt.
fullermd
Banned User

Post#170 » by fullermd » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:31 am

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
AmazingJason wrote:Not all cops are dumb, but the fact is that most of them are not highly educated and of average intelligence or lower. This is what happens when you give those sort of people power and authority.

I completely agree. Would u happen to have any knowledge about what the qualifications are for being a cop? What do they test for? What does a person have to do to become a cop?

You guys are missing it all together. Whether you are missing it due to being too scared to face the obvious truth, or you honestly don't see it, I'm not sure. But that obvious truth is as follows: The issue with these satanic cowards isn't intelligence it's morality. You don't need intellect to know its wrong to murder another human being. The issue is that many whites in this country don't recognize black people as being human, and will show more kindness, consideration and equity to a dog before they would even consider doing so for a human being of African descent. To the continued extreme, many of these officers apply and salivate for these jobs with a preliminary intent to murder black people. The new KKK don't wear sheets. They are in uniforms and tailored suits.
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#171 » by BallSacBounce » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:41 am

In Fuller's world there is no color.

Only Black & White
fullermd
Banned User

Post#172 » by fullermd » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:44 am

IMO, there is only one thing worse than being dumb, and that's being scared. If you are a black man that has any intellect, you know the hunt is on, and you and those that resemble you are on the defensive. There has never been a conflict, battle or war where a relentless aggressor has been deterred due to a solely defensive stance. Effective offensive stance are not physically aggressive, they are morally and intellectually aggressive. Study post WWII European "Jews" and Japanese. Educate yourself and your children.
fullermd
Banned User

Post#173 » by fullermd » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:03 am

[instagram][/instagram]
BallSacBounce wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:new footage on NYT of the dash cam

so sad

the guy obviously ran because he's driving uninsured
non-violent
cop had his license
no reason for a taser, certainly none for a gun

and the irony of the song playing in the police car is astounding. Its that whitey ford song about not judging people until you walk a mile in their shoes. Wow.

Wait a second, the guy took off running. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OBVIOUS as to the reason why at that point.

Cop doesn't know what he did but it's obviously something worth evading the police for and the increased charges that come with that, cuz he just did it. Maybe he just killed somebody, cop doesn't know.

Rule Number 1: If you don't want to look like a guy up to no good don't take off running from the damn cop.

And we know the cop caught up to him at one point, was face to face, the Taser was out, obviously a reasonable action the guy just freaking ran from the cops...then something happens...a struggle or whatever and he takes off running again. So we know he ran from the cop, TWICE, something we didn't before. Hell ANY reasonable person would conclude this guy is up to some real bad crap at that point. Turns out he was just stupid but the cop doesn't know that.

So the gun comes out, the cops actions are obviously entirely reasonable so far, but what happens next is way over the top. Still no right to gun him down but let's not act like the guy was just strolling in the park when upped jump Johnny Law guns a blazin' lol.

Obviously what you've said here from the very beginning communicates a lot about who you are. The defining sentence is the last one, with "lol" concluding. FYI there isn't anything related to this that warrants a joke.....
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#174 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:15 am

fullermd wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
AmazingJason wrote:Not all cops are dumb, but the fact is that most of them are not highly educated and of average intelligence or lower. This is what happens when you give those sort of people power and authority.

I completely agree. Would u happen to have any knowledge about what the qualifications are for being a cop? What do they test for? What does a person have to do to become a cop?

You guys are missing it all together. Whether you are missing it due to being too scared to face the obvious truth, or you honestly don't see it, I'm not sure. But that obvious truth is as follows: The issue with these satanic cowards isn't intelligence it's morality. You don't need intellect to know its wrong to murder another human being. The issue is that many whites in this country don't recognize black people as being human, and will show more kindness, consideration and equity to a dog before they would even consider doing so for a human being of African descent. To the continued extreme, many of these officers apply and salivate for these jobs with a preliminary intent to murder black people. The new KKK don't wear sheets. They are in uniforms and tailored suits.

No, they kill dogs with impunity as well. But yeah there is a lot of racism in these police departments. My racist cousin got hired (I'll never know how) - and fired - by the DelRay PD in Florida. Oh, and he got fired for assaulting and filing false reports related to an arrest of a black man. One of my friends from high school was a state trooper in NY and spent 16 years in jail for a pattern of arrest where he and his supervisor manufactured evidence - against black folk - on very serious crimes that resulted in convictions including murder. It's a problem.
Free Palestine
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,619

Post#175 » by Fat Kat » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:40 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z852TTY5YIg[/youtube]
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#176 » by GameTime_3 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:35 am

If this thread is an example of this country were in big trouble. People are so stuck on what side they are on that they refuse to actually look at facts and take in any reasoning... And even if they do, they look for a way to bring it back to there original position. Sad stuff. This case is an example of 2 dumb decisions(of course cop shooting was worse) but to ignore this person actions is equally as dumb as the actions themselves. Place yourself in the cops shoes; You pull over someone(all cops are on edge. Stop acting like there job is simple and that nothing ever goes wrong. Easy to talk **** when ur not the one putting ur life on line) and they begin to run. Cop should be punished but this case has nothing to do with Race and anyone looking for it to me comes off as a racist. I pray for both families and this is a tragic situation that will
Destroy lots of lives.
fullermd
Banned User

Post#177 » by fullermd » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:11 am

GameTime_3 wrote:If this thread is an example of this country were in big trouble. People are so stuck on what side they are on that they refuse to actually look at facts and take in any reasoning... And even if they do, they look for a way to bring it back to there original position. Sad stuff. This case is an example of 2 dumb decisions(of course cop shooting was worse) but to ignore this person actions is equally as dumb as the actions themselves. Place yourself in the cops shoes; You pull over someone(all cops are on edge. Stop acting like there job is simple and that nothing ever goes wrong. Easy to talk **** when ur not the one putting ur life on line) and they begin to run. Cop should be punished but this case has nothing to do with Race and anyone looking for it to me comes off as a racist. I pray for both families and this is a tragic situation that will
Destroy lots of lives.

Wth are you talking about?? You my friend sound like a complete moron. If the nature of the responses on this forum to the said incident and the thousands of documented others like it, is your only indicator that this country is in big trouble, then I hate to re-iterate this, but you have an insulting mindset of complete Denial and stupidity. Study your history and realize that there are others that know it too. The "facts" are: The racialized environment in this country is logically existent. You can't plant a vineyard and expect it to yield corn. The mentality of devaluing African life is cornerstone to the heritage of this nation. This can change, but not via denial. Understanding the mental disposition that brings about the senseless murder of other human beings is only achieved through the study of the history in which it developed. Changing of that murderous mindset can only be achieved through repenting of that history. We as a nation can and must change to survive. Unfortunately, it is this requirement that may have sealed our fate.
fullermd
Banned User

Post#178 » by fullermd » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:22 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
fullermd wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:I completely agree. Would u happen to have any knowledge about what the qualifications are for being a cop? What do they test for? What does a person have to do to become a cop?

No, they kill dogs with impunity as well. But yeah there is a lot of racism in these police departments. My racist cousin got hired (I'll never know how) - and fired - by the DelRay PD in Florida. Oh, and he got fired for assaulting and filing false reports related to an arrest of a black man. One of my friends from high school was a state trooper in NY and spent 16 years in jail for a pattern of arrest where he and his supervisor manufactured evidence - against black folk - on very serious crimes that resulted in convictions including murder. It's a problem.

You responded to what you thought I said, not what I actually said. Nevertheless your revealing of direct knowledge of those immoral situations is interesting. Criminal charges of a federal nature under the umbrella of hate crimes is warranted IMO.
BallSacBounce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,411

Post#179 » by BallSacBounce » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:38 am

fullermd wrote:[instagram][/instagram]
BallSacBounce wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:new footage on NYT of the dash cam

so sad

the guy obviously ran because he's driving uninsured
non-violent
cop had his license
no reason for a taser, certainly none for a gun

and the irony of the song playing in the police car is astounding. Its that whitey ford song about not judging people until you walk a mile in their shoes. Wow.

Wait a second, the guy took off running. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OBVIOUS as to the reason why at that point.

Cop doesn't know what he did but it's obviously something worth evading the police for and the increased charges that come with that, cuz he just did it. Maybe he just killed somebody, cop doesn't know.

Rule Number 1: If you don't want to look like a guy up to no good don't take off running from the damn cop.

And we know the cop caught up to him at one point, was face to face, the Taser was out, obviously a reasonable action the guy just freaking ran from the cops...then something happens...a struggle or whatever and he takes off running again. So we know he ran from the cop, TWICE, something we didn't before. Hell ANY reasonable person would conclude this guy is up to some real bad crap at that point. Turns out he was just stupid but the cop doesn't know that.

So the gun comes out, the cops actions are obviously entirely reasonable so far, but what happens next is way over the top. Still no right to gun him down but let's not act like the guy was just strolling in the park when upped jump Johnny Law guns a blazin' lol.

Obviously what you've said here from the very beginning communicates a lot about who you are. The defining sentence is the last one, with "lol" concluding. FYI there isn't anything related to this that warrants a joke.....

Yep, I'm all about not making unreasonable assumptions and not doing stupid stuff.

FYI you're wrapped way too tight for life.
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#180 » by Smash3 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:47 am

GameTime_3 wrote:If this thread is an example of this country were in big trouble. People are so stuck on what side they are on that they refuse to actually look at facts and take in any reasoning... And even if they do, they look for a way to bring it back to there original position. Sad stuff. This case is an example of 2 dumb decisions(of course cop shooting was worse) but to ignore this person actions is equally as dumb as the actions themselves. Place yourself in the cops shoes; You pull over someone(all cops are on edge. Stop acting like there job is simple and that nothing ever goes wrong. Easy to talk **** when ur not the one putting ur life on line) and they begin to run. Cop should be punished but this case has nothing to do with Race and anyone looking for it to me comes off as a racist. I pray for both families and this is a tragic situation that will
Destroy lots of lives.

I was nodding my head and thinking this man gets it. Why did you have to ruin it with that sentence? Do you not even feel the cognitive dissonance in stating that? You are saying that people are so stuck on their side that they refuse to actually look at facts and take in any reasoning, well look at the facts of the situation: a white police officer shoots down a black civilian. In itself that fact shouldn't matter. but in this type of situation it does. Let us look at this logically and reasonably.. The man takes several reckless actions granted, but what makes the police officer think: I will gun him down instead of running after someone who he could easily catch up to?

With his violent history towards other black people as an officer obviously the race matters to him for whatever reason and he allowed that to control his decision that day. If the roles were reversed and it was a white man running away I have no doubt that shooting him down in the manner he did would never cross his min;, because in his mind white lives are more important(How would he explain that a white 50 year old made him fear for his life? Lets be honest it would have been more difficult, on the other hand with black stereotypes backing his argument explaining that he feared for his life would not be anywhere near as difficult.)

Getting back to that cognitive dissonance: you are so biased towards the fact that nothing is ever racist that you won't even entertain the idea. Criticizing others for doing exactly what you are doing? Hm...
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo

Return to New York Knicks