ImageImageImageImageImage

post game : embiid great but he's a bitch

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 8,233

Re: post game : embiid great but he's a bitch 

Post#21 » by Knick4Real » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:30 am

TKKnicks1 wrote:This was the NBAs make up game for 3 missed calls in the previous game.

Exactly!

Hopefully, the refs will go back to calling the game fairly on Sunday.
Monk1718
RealGM
And1: 19,079

Post#22 » by Monk1718 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:31 am

Monica telling it like it is on the post game show…embiid should have been ejected.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,465

Post#23 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:31 am

RHODEY wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Monk1718 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah this is what I was talking about in the game thread, glad it was noticed

Right in front of the ref.

Seriously how in the actual **** do you not call a foul there? He could of seriously injured OG by being a bitch
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,527

Post#24 » by robillionaire » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:31 am

HerSports85 wrote:
TKKnicks1 wrote:OG could have been the X factor tonight. He had it going on both ends. Knicks offense never looked for him until it was too late.

He has to be more aggressive. he's too passive for my liking on offense.

He’s a defense first player, games like this are about the best you’re getting on offense, he’s not a true 2nd or maybe not even 3rd scoring option
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,837

Post#25 » by Wildcat » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:31 am

I hope Thibs keeps getting on these refs. Joel should've been ejected in the 1st.

Other than that, difference in this game was crazy 3rd quarter, Divo duds, and FTs. Nauseating.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,260

Post#26 » by DaGawd » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:31 am

if mitch can’t go for a couple of games we might be fked
BaF
Washington Wizards
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,289

Post#27 » by TKKnicks1 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:31 am

sol537 wrote:DDV was utter trash today. Wow.

IHart has to stay out of foul trouble at all costs

I think that Lowry hit had him seeing stars. He just didn't look the same after.
~I Believe!~
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,405

Post#28 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:32 am

It is up to Thibs to make adjustments now

I don't think he knows how to do it in the middle of a game unfortunately, so I'd hope he can get his fill of tape and make the changes needed

Epic shooting performance by Embiid and some of it was not defensible, but some of it was and it became too easy for the Sixers to feed him on the perimeter. It allowed him to conserve energy and keep it going to the end

There was a lot to like about this game until we fell apart defensively in the third.

Also, Brunson had good numbers, but he is still not the same guy IMO. It was a major step in the right direction, but I still felt he was not reading the pulse of the game and involving his teammates on offense at the right times, thus taking some ill-advised shots. His turnovers were not his usual quality level of play either. Overall, Brunson needs to lead a bit more even if it means scoring a bit less.

Sixers deserved the win. I have no complaints. Embiid is still a diva twat, but he beat us fair and square this game.
ImageImageImage
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,051

Post#29 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:32 am

The Knicks need to realize that playing nice **** is going to get you nowhere, it happened last year with the Heat, somebody needs to hit back. They're all junkyard dogs and all but nobody is doing the things Embiid or Bam are doing, Embiid is out there playing like Ric Flair cause he's desperate and probably knows whoever wins this series is going to the ECF. They gotta punch back, cause Lowry and Embiid are gonna be going ham next game with the dirty tactics since nobody on our team seems to have any type of retaliation in them. When they go low, you go lower.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 30,127

Post#30 » by HerSports85 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:32 am

Read on Twitter
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
Monk1718
RealGM
And1: 19,079

Post#31 » by Monk1718 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:32 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:The Knicks need to realize that playing nice **** is going to get you nowhere, it happened last year with the Heat, somebody needs to hit back. They're all junkyard dogs and all but nobody is doing the things Embiid or Bam are doing, Embiid is out there playing like Ric Flair cause he's desperate and probably knows whoever wins this series is going to the ECF. They gotta punch back, cause Lowry and Embiid are gonna be going ham next game with the dirty tactics since nobody on our team seems to have any type of retaliation in them. When they go low, you go lower.

They need a real goon. That’s overdue.
drp07644
Veteran
And1: 588

Post#32 » by drp07644 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:33 am

These Knicks better come out guns blazing in game 4. Step on the throat early and never let up.
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by TKKnicks1 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:34 am

McBride should have played the entire 4th. Divo didn't have it tonight. McBride was playing solid when he was pulled.
~I Believe!~
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#34 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:34 am

HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don't like tweets like this, cause we're talking about a guy that had 70 this year and when he was healthy was scoring more than a point per minute. This isn't out of the norm for Embiid, and they need to be ready next game rather than just saying things like that.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#35 » by KnicksGod » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:35 am

Well Embiid made a lot of shots but seems we were not prepared to defend him out there (Brunson?)

I think we still need quicker decisions and less dribbling from Jalen but he had a better game. We won two games where he sucked, lost one where his numbers were better

Embiid got a lot of calls … he made everything too

Not sure what to make of it but obv with him they’re dangerous and I’m not feeling too confident in Jalen overall ... he got a few calls too

Embiid grabbing Mitch’s leg was really lame and we probably should have gone at him in hindsight … we got punked a little

He settled in after his angry start and we should have kept him rattled by holding him to account
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,179

Post#36 » by Capn'O » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:35 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:The Knicks need to realize that playing nice **** is going to get you nowhere, it happened last year with the Heat, somebody needs to hit back. They're all junkyard dogs and all but nobody is doing the things Embiid or Bam are doing, Embiid is out there playing like Ric Flair cause he's desperate and probably knows whoever wins this series is going to the ECF. They gotta punch back, cause Lowry and Embiid are gonna be going ham next game with the dirty tactics since nobody on our team seems to have any type of retaliation in them. When they go low, you go lower.

Our guys are tough but they're not dirty and they're not violent. I can never root for dirty.

BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,244

Post#37 » by Stannis » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:36 am

Embiid needs to eat the wax next game.
Free Palestine
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#38 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:36 am

Monk1718 wrote:

They need a real goon. That’s overdue.

Surprised Tom never got James Johnson, this team has a lot of hustle guys that play hard but are ultimately nice guys. Embiid out there hip checking dudes and putting players in figure four leg locks.
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by TKKnicks1 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:37 am

I think it's time to double Embiid. He looks healthy again. iHart can't do it alone. It's just gonna put him in foul trouble and we might not have Mitch for the rest of the series.
~I Believe!~
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,179

Post#40 » by Capn'O » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:37 am

And kicking guys in the nuts.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber