ImageImageImageImageImage

The CAA Spin Machine

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,652

Re: The CAA Spin Machine 

Post#21 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue May 21, 2024 5:18 pm

nedleeds wrote:
sol537 wrote:CAA can take over my body if they're giving me ECF/Finals contenders every year.

There ain't no perfect way to build a championship team... but we now have "Knicks" culture back, like Miami has "Heat" culture and Boston has "Celtics" culture.

"Get the word out that we're back"

What have the last 4 years gotten you? What am I missing? I can't believe we're back to 'culcha'. We got sold that like 6 years ago?

Our entire starting lineup ended the season injured. A guy who ended the past 2 with surgery is going to fleece Dolan for $181 million. How are we a finals contender? That's delusional. We lost to a lower seed in the second round.

I admire these players, they love playing for each other and play hard. If your goal is always injured, lovable losers and Sam Rose with a fleet of Ferrari's then I guess missions accomplished.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/5-takeaways-from-a-magical-new-york-knicks-season.html

"Magical" holy **** we are losers of the highest order. Can you imagine the Lakers or Boston, or the Heat calling this season 'Magical' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You really need help bro. You clearly have no idea how hard it is to build a contender. This team hasn't been in this position since EWING was here and you're picking nits and exaggerating things just to find something to cry about and someone to blame things on? Seek help. Stay away from the team until you do! :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,770

Post#22 » by nedleeds » Tue May 21, 2024 5:20 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
sol537 wrote:CAA can take over my body if they're giving me ECF/Finals contenders every year.

There ain't no perfect way to build a championship team... but we now have "Knicks" culture back, like Miami has "Heat" culture and Boston has "Celtics" culture.

"Get the word out that we're back"

What have the last 4 years gotten you? What am I missing? I can't believe we're back to 'culcha'. We got sold that like 6 years ago?

Our entire starting lineup ended the season injured. A guy who ended the past 2 with surgery is going to fleece Dolan for $181 million. How are we a finals contender? That's delusional. We lost to a lower seed in the second round.

I admire these players, they love playing for each other and play hard. If your goal is always injured, lovable losers and Sam Rose with a fleet of Ferrari's then I guess missions accomplished.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/5-takeaways-from-a-magical-new-york-knicks-season.html

"Magical" holy **** we are losers of the highest order. Can you imagine the Lakers or Boston, or the Heat calling this season 'Magical' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You really need help bro. You clearly have no idea how hard it is to build a contender. This team hasn't been in this position since EWING was here and you're picking nits and exaggerating things just to find something to cry about and someone to blame things on? Seek help. Stay away from the team until you do! :lol:

What? I watched the Ewing lottery? The **** I don't know. I sat on the floor dejected after 2 finals losses. The **** I don't know.

If you think this season was 'magical' you're just a loser. I want winners.

Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,595

Post#23 » by sol537 » Tue May 21, 2024 5:32 pm

You want "winners"?

Look no further than Jalen Brunson, DDV, Josh Hart, OG, etc.

We've got winners locked in for the next half decade. Right under your nose. No need to look elsewhere. No need to pray. No need to tank. You've got them already and you don't even realize it.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,652

Post#24 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue May 21, 2024 5:36 pm

nedleeds wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
nedleeds wrote:

What? I watched the Ewing lottery? The **** I don't know. I sat on the floor dejected after 2 finals losses. The **** I don't know.

If you think this season was 'magical' you're just a loser. I want winners.

Where did I say the season was magical? Knock it off with your crybaby routine bro. You clearly have no clue what progress is or what a championship foundation looks like. The only loser here is you. Constant doom and gloom unless we are winning games and it doesn't fly then. So you disappear. If we were tanking you would be happy. Because you like losing. It suits you.

You should be banned honestly. You bring nothing to the overall discussion except negative spin which doesn't even apply to reality. I'll just put you on ignore and hope others don't quote your nonsense.
:beer: RIP mags
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,484

Post#25 » by god shammgod » Tue May 21, 2024 5:42 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:Let’s see if they can get a 2nd star here. Otherwise we probably aren’t winning a championship.

so whats the move...Randle for who?

I don't think the knicks would thrive with Brunson and than other star taking up most of the usage and then Randle as the 3rd Banana...as well as the full time cap restrictions it would have.

Knicks have also built there identity on Brunson running the show so I don't think there are enough mouths to feed to bring in another mid 20's type scorer.

Agreed, Randle will have to go. I’m not gonna just name a bunch of guys because who knows who’s available or not. When healthy I still don’t think we have enough high level shot creation. It would be nice if the guy could play d too but who knows if we’ll be able to get that. My guess is that they don’t get anyone noteworthy this summer but maybe somebody shakes loose during the season.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,879

Post#26 » by cgmw » Tue May 21, 2024 5:49 pm

god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:Let’s see if they can get a 2nd star here. Otherwise we probably aren’t winning a championship.

I don't think the knicks would thrive with Brunson and than other star taking up most of the usage and then Randle as the 3rd Banana...as well as the full time cap restrictions it would have.

Knicks have also built there identity on Brunson running the show so I don't think there are enough mouths to feed to bring in another mid 20's type scorer.

Agreed, Randle will have to go. I’m not gonna just name a bunch of guys because who knows who’s available or not. When healthy I still don’t think we have enough high level shot creation. It would be nice if the guy could play d too but who knows if we’ll be able to get that. My guess is that they don’t get anyone noteworthy this summer but maybe somebody shakes loose during the season.

Idk how you can look at Phoenix and the LAC and still value “high level shot creation” as the ultimate litmus test of Championships.

Brunson and Randle seem plenty capable of scoring enough buckets to compete. We have the clutch gene, defense, rebounding and even solid three point making.

The main issue seems to be depth and durability, not shot creation.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#27 » by god shammgod » Tue May 21, 2024 5:54 pm

cgmw wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Idk how you can look at Phoenix and the LAC and still value “high level shot creation” as the ultimate litmus test of Championships.

Brunson and Randle seem plenty capable of scoring enough buckets to compete. We have the clutch gene, defense, rebounding and even solid three point making.

The main issue seems to be depth and durability, not shot creation.

We don’t know if Randle can perform in the playoffs. We haven’t seen it
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,841

Post#28 » by mpharris36 » Tue May 21, 2024 6:12 pm

god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Windhorst def thinks we will get someone. Bill Simmons says he thinks it only a matter of time and thinks Mikal Bridges is the ideal fit (I guess all depending on if the Nets can make another move) because keeping Bridges at some of his peak value on a bad team makes no sense for a high end role player.

It doesn't need to be a name star. It could just be someone that is seen as a very effective two-way player in a similar light as OG. Like he's not in the conversation as one of the best players in the league but he's one of the best two-way players and if we determine that players impact to help put us over the top).

I think we def need more size whether thats at guard or at the wing. It doesn't sound like Embiid is realistic anymore especially not with the jump Maxey made this playoffs and Sixers probably try to add to that roster with there space.

I think the mold for the NBA is have two high level offensive players and then have a team structure and identity with the rest of the players that are impactful and buy in.

Suns fizzled out because they had no team...they had 3 high level scorers but didn't have depth or role players.

Mavs playing well - Luka/Kyrie but then have guys like Josh Green, PJ Washington, Daniel Gafford/Lively ect
Twolves - Ant/KAT with basically just role players and defenders. Naz Reid type having a big impact
Boston - Tatum/Brown and then to a lesser extent KP (but they got those elite role players like Whie/Jrue

even a team like Indy with Haliburton and Siakam are the two name players but those guys like Turner/Nesmith/McConnell really impacting playoff games.

probably getting something similar with Sixers.

Now obviously if Giannis becomes available sure...but if not I don't know who that player is. Paul George probably would be a good fit but the age and injury concerns worry me. I don't know if there is a younger version of him available but that type of player.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#29 » by god shammgod » Tue May 21, 2024 8:06 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Windhorst def thinks we will get someone. Bill Simmons says he thinks it only a matter of time and thinks Mikal Bridges is the ideal fit (I guess all depending on if the Nets can make another move) because keeping Bridges at some of his peak value on a bad team makes no sense for a high end role player.

It doesn't need to be a name star. It could just be someone that is seen as a very effective two-way player in a similar light as OG. Like he's not in the conversation as one of the best players in the league but he's one of the best two-way players and if we determine that players impact to help put us over the top).

I think we def need more size whether thats at guard or at the wing. It doesn't sound like Embiid is realistic anymore especially not with the jump Maxey made this playoffs and Sixers probably try to add to that roster with there space.

I think the mold for the NBA is have two high level offensive players and then have a team structure and identity with the rest of the players that are impactful and buy in.

Suns fizzled out because they had no team...they had 3 high level scorers but didn't have depth or role players.

Mavs playing well - Luka/Kyrie but then have guys like Josh Green, PJ Washington, Daniel Gafford/Lively ect
Twolves - Ant/KAT with basically just role players and defenders. Naz Reid type having a big impact
Boston - Tatum/Brown and then to a lesser extent KP (but they got those elite role players like Whie/Jrue

even a team like Indy with Haliburton and Siakam are the two name players but those guys like Turner/Nesmith/McConnell really impacting playoff games.

Now obviously if Giannis becomes available sure...but if not I don't know who that player is. Paul George probably would be a good fit but the age and injury concerns worry me. I don't know if there is a younger version of him available but that type of player.

I don’t think Mikal is a good enough offensive piece to be what we need. Probably you’d have to keep Randle then and hope he’s the guy.

I dont know what you can determine from these playoffs as far as team building. Too many injuries to important players. I think the only thing you can say is that no team is that dominant right now and currently there’s more parity than usual.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,879

Post#30 » by cgmw » Tue May 21, 2024 8:09 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

When given “his guys” Thibs is a genius at unlocking value. Consider where DDV’s value was before the season vs after. Consider Randle before Thibs, Randle after. Brunson before, Brunson now. Hartenstein. Hart. Even second rounders Mitch and Deuce.

Leon needs to focus on acquiring players Thibs actually wants. Sadly, unless Thibs changes his ways it’s hard to imagine a world where OG fits longterm.

OG is supposed to be our “Alfred” but Thibs will play him full throttle on Tuesdays in November and every other chance he gets; while OG will respond by getting dinged up and being cautious with recovery.

Therefore: We need Thibs-friendly support depth to prop up our 3rd best player’s ability to stay on the court.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Pr0nzingis
Sophomore
And1: 202

Post#31 » by Pr0nzingis » Tue May 21, 2024 8:17 pm

Isn't CAA the biggest agency and holds most players in the NBA? And probably all teams have CAA players the most?
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,770

Post#32 » by nedleeds » Tue May 21, 2024 8:43 pm

Pr0nzingis wrote:Isn't CAA the biggest agency and holds most players in the NBA? And probably all teams have CAA players the most?

They are top 3. No other team has a CAA exec by his kid as a proxy running their FO.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#33 » by mpharris36 » Tue May 21, 2024 8:55 pm

god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

I don’t think Mikal is a good enough offensive piece to be what we need. Probably you’d have to keep Randle then and hope he’s the guy.

I dont know what you can determine from these playoffs as far as team building. Too many injuries to important players. I think the only thing you can say is that no team is that dominant right now and currently there’s more parity than usual.

I think you would be able to keep Randle in that type of trade (if Nets were to trade him my guess they would just want offer of mostly pick and expiring $). I think Bogs deal kinda matchups up with Mikal then you keep Randle as your #2 option.

And while I agree since there aren't any "super teams' out there I think more value is now being put on roster building and have a good supporting cast to your 2 main players.

The question remains are we going to invest in Randle as the #2...if we are then I could see a Mikal type player deal. Or something along those lines.

ROSTER

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,339

Post#34 » by MrDollarBills » Tue May 21, 2024 10:03 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

Randle is literally a 20 and 10 player. He is the 2nd star to Brunson's superstar. I know that Randle is a polarizing player here, but he was literally on another All NBA season pace before he got undercut in mid air. That's factual. Unless someone who is a clear upgrade is available, I see zero reason why Randle can't be the guy we saw in January when this team showed how dangerous they are when whole.

The Knicks have everything needed to compete. The team needs to get healthy, find ways to stay healthy, and add more depth to keep guys fresh through 82 games. That is the issue.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#35 » by MrDollarBills » Tue May 21, 2024 10:16 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Spot on. The days of 3 superstars taking up 90% of a team's cap are over.

F*ck the Pacers. I don't respect them. But look at the remaining clubs:

Minnesota: Ant-Man, 3 high level bigs, a good PG, young wings.

Dallas: Luka, Kyrie, defenders and shooters

Boston: Tatum, Brown, and a high end supporting cast

It's all about having the most complete team now and not doing what Brooklyn and Phoenix did, just throwing 3 super max contracts together and praying it works. It's not 2010.

This roster is already set even if no moves are made. But obviously, some retooling is in order because Thibs at least needs 9 to 10 guys he can trust to play at all times.

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,441

Post#36 » by DaGawd » Tue May 21, 2024 10:16 pm

some folks are just born miserable… wtf
BaF
Washington Wizards
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#37 » by mpharris36 » Tue May 21, 2024 10:17 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Randle is literally a 20 and 10 player. He is the 2nd star to Brunson's superstar. I know that Randle is a polarizing player here, but he was literally on another All NBA season pace before he got undercut in mid air. That's factual. Unless someone who is a clear upgrade is available, I see zero reason why Randle can't be the guy we saw in January when this team showed how dangerous they are when whole.

The Knicks have everything needed to compete. The team needs to get healthy, find ways to stay healthy, and add more depth to keep guys fresh through 82 games. That is the issue.

No one is denying randle production. The concern remains we now have playoff floor. Every move now needs to be made what helps us win a championship. At this point randle is a major playoff performer concern in the fact we aren't sure if he can perform at a high level in the playoffs. Doesn't mean he can't just means we don't know that for sure right now.

ROSTER

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#38 » by MrDollarBills » Tue May 21, 2024 10:24 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

No one is denying randle production. The concern remains we now have playoff floor. Every move now needs to be made what helps us win a championship. At this point randle is a major playoff performer concern in the fact we aren't sure if he can perform at a high level in the playoffs. Doesn't mean he can't just means we don't know that for sure right now.

I agree with you, and I know, Randle has to show up in the playoffs next season. I just don't think that the front office will need to turn over heaven and earth to get this roster to the championship level. This is an excellent roster as is and if the team didn't get ravaged by injuries they would be playing Boston tonight, but it is what it is. And it will be better.

Again...I'd look to add to Brunson/Randle/OG/Nova Boys/Deuce, not subtract from that core group unless an offer that cannot be refused turns up. I don't think it will take much.

KG nailed it when he told Stephen A about this group. If it's Giannis, okay sure. Bridges? If it doesn't cost Randle/Deuce, sure. But otherwise...I don't reinvent the wheel here, if that makes sense.

Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,106

Post#39 » by Im Coming Home » Tue May 21, 2024 10:27 pm

nedleeds wrote:
Fury wrote:When you're here (the Knicks), you're family

I'm coming home (to get an early extension for $181 million so Sam Rose can buy a beach house in the Caymans)

You rang?
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,483

Post#40 » by Clyde_Style » Tue May 21, 2024 10:38 pm

Capn'O wrote:
nedleeds wrote:these players will only get older...

That is how time works.

Shut the front door!
ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks