ImageImageImageImageImage

Game Thread: New York Knicks (2nd seed) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (7th seed) Saturday, April 20th 6 p.m.

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,370

Re: Game Thread: New York Knicks (2nd seed) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (7th seed) Saturday, April 20th 6 p.m. 

Post#241 » by aq_ua » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:24 am

We got this series. The only mystery is which Knick completely outperforms expectations. My money is on Donte, I think he goes nuts.
NiceLikeChrist
Senior
And1: 566

Re: Game Thread: New York Knicks (2nd seed) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (7th seed) Saturday, April 20th 6 p.m. 

Post#242 » by NiceLikeChrist » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:40 am

half the clips showing how good miami zone defense was against philly is just 76ers players not knowing how to do anything on offense

series should be over in 5. we don't need to play zone either. even if embiid is 100% it would be over in 6 max.
Governor Dudley
Starter
And1: 644

Post#244 » by Governor Dudley » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:56 am

Embiid and Maxey better prepare to get hit with those duracells at home.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 19,351

Post#245 » by Iron Mantis » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:24 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Posting some appropriate music for a NY vs. Philly series to set the mood

Spoiler:
"What the f*ck these _____ talking about? I'll shotgun the door off the frame and walk in ya house, leave you in an awkward position, coughing and pissing...."

For me, one of the hardest, grimiest, most concise NY beats ever. This is all black hoodies on the way to something we're trying not to be seen right after at type music.

Always loved that beat. Dark, gritty, NYC energy.

Same for the "No Fear" beat by OGC.

Havoc also consistently crafted some of the grimiest beats to come out of NYC.

Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,224

Post#246 » by Reign23 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:52 pm

slowly but surely getting hyped.
formerly known as knickst4pe
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,224

Post#247 » by Reign23 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:55 pm

god shammgod wrote:embiid looked out of conditioning more than anything else. he was tired all game. i'm not sure it was the injury that was holding him back.

tbh he looked like he always does that time of year.
formerly known as knickst4pe
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,832

Post#248 » by mpharris36 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:09 pm

god shammgod wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
god shammgod wrote:embiid looked out of conditioning more than anything else. he was tired all game. i'm not sure it was the injury that was holding him back.

How do you see this going, we usually see series the same way despite being you being a terrible person, which means I may be a terrible person too.

you may be ?!?!?? :rofl2:

but anyway, if he's healthy enough i don't think we'll win the series. when embiid played this year they had a better winning percentage than boston. he was the best player in the league this year before he got hurt. but without him they are pretty bad. so it's really about how much he can give. he didn't look great in the play-in game but the 5 games he played before that he looked better. we have one real scorer and the team pretty much falls apart every time he sits. their best player is better than ours and their 2nd option is better than our 2nd best. i'm honestly not even sure who our 2nd option is. is it divo ? josh hart ? we have superior depth but that doesn't mean that much in the playoffs usually.

When OG played with us we have the best winning % in the NBA :o
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,279

Post#249 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:23 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Spoiler:
"What the f*ck these _____ talking about? I'll shotgun the door off the frame and walk in ya house, leave you in an awkward position, coughing and pissing...."

For me, one of the hardest, grimiest, most concise NY beats ever. This is all black hoodies on the way to something we're trying not to be seen right after at type music.

Haven't heard this in ages. That snare is so dirty man :oops:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,805

Post#250 » by Kidknick! » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:47 pm

I got 5 on it.

Nova boys gonna have a homecoming in Philly.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 15,107

Post#251 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 pm

Read on Twitter

The Sixers (and Pacers) both wanted OG as well. Sixers had cap space, which was rumored to be allocated for OG, before the Knicks got him, Now they've started the off-season pivot towards PG13, if the Clippers choke and the rumors about a rift between Harden/PG13 are true.

I think this shows several things:
1. The OG trade was pretty big, not just for who we got, but who didn't get him. If we re-sign OG, we have a guy who is going to be a key defensive piece for years, and is going to be tasked with harassing their stars for a long time.

2. The Sixers know they're lacking at the wing. I really don't think they should be that confident in Batum and Oubre to hold down the fort against Brunson, especially since Brunson has carved up much better defenders during this run. Batum is solid, but even in his prime, he wasn't a stopper but a strong connector and all around piece.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,878

Post#252 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:57 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Spoiler:

How about this one

If Mason and Oakley were a beat

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,469

Post#253 » by god shammgod » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:43 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

How do you see this going, we usually see series the same way despite being you being a terrible person, which means I may be a terrible person too.

but anyway, if he's healthy enough i don't think we'll win the series. when embiid played this year they had a better winning percentage than boston. he was the best player in the league this year before he got hurt. but without him they are pretty bad. so it's really about how much he can give. he didn't look great in the play-in game but the 5 games he played before that he looked better. we have one real scorer and the team pretty much falls apart every time he sits. their best player is better than ours and their 2nd option is better than our 2nd best. i'm honestly not even sure who our 2nd option is. is it divo ? josh hart ? we have superior depth but that doesn't mean that much in the playoffs usually.

But Randle was there for most of that
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,420

Post#254 » by Fury » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:47 pm

god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Weren't they like 8-1 with OG and without Randle

I know it's not a lot but it's something
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,148

Post#255 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:51 pm

Fury wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Shams just negative because Mitch has been rendered irrelevant on this team
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#256 » by god shammgod » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:55 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Fury wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Shams just negative because Mitch has been rendered irrelevant on this team

I need to learn to be more positive like you lol
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#258 » by god shammgod » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:00 pm

Someone asked my opinion so I gave it. I think they could win but the sixers are probably the favorite. I haven’t looked but I would guess the betting odds agree.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,648

Post#259 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:04 pm

Fury wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

12-2 with OG/Randle vs 8-1 OG without Randle. 29-17 with Randle vs 21-15 since the wheels fell off after that Heat game. We have a good team. I think we can win this series but, it won't be easy.
:beer: RIP mags
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,101

Post#260 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:05 pm

god shammgod wrote:Someone asked my opinion so I gave it. I think they could win but the sixers are probably the favorite. I haven’t looked but I would guess the betting odds agree.

You can't give an opinion that doesn't have us winning. Like I want them to win, but I'm just skeptical because our 2nd scorer is Donte, it's not like what he does is difficult to contain in a series if you've ever watched the NBA playoffs.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart

Return to New York Knicks