ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Game 5, Indiana Pacers @ New York Knicks, Tuesday 8 PM

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,186

Re: GT: Game 5, Indiana Pacers @ New York Knicks, Tuesday 7:30 PM 

Post#301 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue May 14, 2024 3:44 pm

Thibs deserves way more credit then blame this season.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,808

Post#302 » by FrozenEnvelope » Tue May 14, 2024 3:44 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
Read on Twitter

Over many months, long minutes benefit freak injuries. If you’ve played, you just know that. It’s not only the chance of the occurrence that’s increased but also the way tendons etc react in those situations is altered. I’m not saying anything was done wrong here or that Thibs would’ve had different ways to go recently, but mileage not only increases the risk of but directly leads to tears and accidents. Of course it does.

Welcome to the NBA! ALL teams who made the playoffs will have players that played more then 70 games and over 30 minutes per game. And in the playoffs, those same teams will increase their minutes too! Look at the Denver Nuggets minutes distribution. This has been happening since the beginning of time and it's never going to change. There is no magic number of games and minutes that remove injuries either. It's all random and luck.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#303 » by FrozenEnvelope » Tue May 14, 2024 3:45 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

We're a Brunson injury away from being the Nets.

We could always just get a coach that doesn't drive players into the ground too.

Do you think Malone is running the Nuggets players into the ground too?

We have 3 players averaging more than 40mpg in the playoffs, if you want to round up and say Jokic is too then fine. Mike Malone used his bench this season, so what are you even talking about here? Reggie Jackson, Christian Braun and Peyton Watson all played over 1400 total minutes on the season, not 1 of our bench guys has done that. Mcbride was closest and he fell short by 72 minutes, which is basically 3 games for him.

Do I really need to just post the Bulls threads? You guys act like this wasn't said before, it's weird how you can defend this like I can't just be like "Look at the Bulls".

I give up. Can't argue with stupid. I feel sorry for you.

unnecessary personal attack. chill. -JVG
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,848

Post#304 » by Gravy » Tue May 14, 2024 3:47 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
Gravy wrote:Monica had a good point about OG. He had over a month off before the playoffs to rest after surgery and still gets injured after just 15 games. Cmon dude... its the playoffs if you're good you will have to play 40+ minutes on any team

iTs AlL tHiBs FaUlT OG wUz OvErwOrKeD

We could have legitimately gotten to the finals this year even without Randle. I'd play these guys 45 minutes too lol. Fck Burks, Shake and Jacob Toppin minutes screwing that up
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,319

Post#305 » by Capn'O » Tue May 14, 2024 3:49 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Thibs deserves way more credit then blame this season.

We likely lose R1 without the high minutes. It is what it is.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,090

Post#306 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue May 14, 2024 3:51 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
Do you think Malone is running the Nuggets players into the ground too?

We have 3 players averaging more than 40mpg in the playoffs, if you want to round up and say Jokic is too then fine. Mike Malone used his bench this season, so what are you even talking about here? Reggie Jackson, Christian Braun and Peyton Watson all played over 1400 total minutes on the season, not 1 of our bench guys has done that. Mcbride was closest and he fell short by 72 minutes, which is basically 3 games for him.

Do I really need to just post the Bulls threads? You guys act like this wasn't said before, it's weird how you can defend this like I can't just be like "Look at the Bulls".

viewtopic.php?t=1665206

viewtopic.php?t=1257252

Stupid people don't look at history, which is why you think the way you do. I could dump at least 15 more of these threads from the Wolves and Bulls and you'll see past Frozen Envelopes making the same idiotic excuses you're making.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,607

Post#307 » by Context » Tue May 14, 2024 3:51 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:I’ll settle the Thibs minutes thing: It’s somewhere in the middle.

He’s not directly the reason for many of our injuries this season, but he does need to stop playing guys entire games and halves. Players are more susceptible to injuries if they’re playing that much without a break. Even a 3-5 minute rest has benefits, not just for injuries but for performance. He’ll also go from barely playing a guy to playing them 40+ mpg out of nowhere.

The Pacers play at a very fast pace. While we play at a very slow pace. We can get away with high minutes here and there when we play our way, but not when we’re sucked into the Pacer way. The Pacers also played a bigger rotation all season, with frequent substitutions in and out. This is why we wanted to expand the rotation this series a bit, but Precious and Alec only played when Mitch and OG got hurt.

Point is both sides of this debate are annoying. Thibs clearly has a track record of overworking his players and burning his teams out, but he’s not responsible for every little random injury.

Just win tonight.

I'll give everyone two facts related to this Thibs topic.
1. when you are on TV there are 4 three minute breaks. That does not include timeouts.
2. Thibs is not the same Thibs of old. Thibs of old would have 2 1/2 hour practices demanding players to go hard.

IMO, the league needed for these series to go 6/7 games depending on the story line. Rhythm and momentum is KEY.
We are dealing with the best shooters in the world. All I have to do is start the game off by allowing Brunson to be fouled with no calls...Next thing you know Indy goes up 10 pts-at home- on a day game---BANG- you have a a team of the best players in the word up 25. End of story.

I expect us to get the whistle this game.
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,840

Post#308 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:54 pm

Hey look an actual doctor who went to medical school and specializes in Sports Medicine with an opinion! :D
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,189

Post#309 » by dakomish23 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:54 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Thibs deserves way more credit then blame this season.

Agreed. And I complained about him plenty over the years. But this is a clear overachieving season
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 34,321

Post#310 » by TheGreenArrow » Tue May 14, 2024 3:56 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,848

Post#311 » by Gravy » Tue May 14, 2024 3:56 pm

Capn'O wrote:OG is the guy you really need to watch with minutes. He just seems fragile. We need a way to keep him preserved going forward. Of course, the plan this playoffs already missing Randle was spelling him with Bogdanovic but he had a freak injury of his own. Stupid Batum.

A real backup point would help as well. Deuce is cool but more of a combo.

Improving the bench in the offseason might be more important than worsening our depth in a superstar trade. If we have a good bench Thibs has shown he will play them. Losing IQ was a big hit and we never replaced him
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,487

Post#312 » by aggo » Tue May 14, 2024 3:56 pm

dakomish23 wrote:We could win a championship and you guys will still
be arguing in the PG thread

they will still be saying

"but but but Grimes!!!"
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#313 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue May 14, 2024 3:58 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Playing him 30 minutes in a blowout loss while his foot is injured is not Tom's fault, he had no choice, we had to keep the lead under 50.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#314 » by FrozenEnvelope » Tue May 14, 2024 3:59 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=1665206

viewtopic.php?t=1257252

Stupid people don't look at history, which is why you think the way you do. I could dump at least 15 more of these threads from the Wolves and Bulls and you'll see past Frozen Envelopes making the same idiotic excuses you're making.

This just tells me RealGM also has the same type of fans on the Bulls and Wolves boards.

I prefer to look at the real history and real data and shows successful teams, some even that won it all, that played their players a lot of minutes (40 plus in the playoffs). You will never get this or understand it so whatever.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,456

Post#315 » by god shammgod » Tue May 14, 2024 4:00 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
god shammgod wrote:i don't know that he has a choice right now but to overplay guys. we lost 1 rotation player before round 1. we lost another in the last series and 2 at the beginning of this series. that's 4 of your top 8. it's been a snowball effect. josh is playing 48 minutes and he's not even supposed to be a starter.

i said it a couple days ago that the knicks might need to think about filling the end of their bench with semi-washed vets instead of projects like sims, toppin, jeffries. he's not gonna play them and they shouldn't be playing if a situation like this arises again. sims was awful out there in the last game. good or bad, he'd trust taj gibson to play 4 minutes a half.

His own actions led to this outcome, and there's always a choice between playing a guy the full 48 minutes in consecutive games. Josh is the first player to play 48 mins in consecutive playoff games since 2013, you can't tell me that we're the most banged up team in the last 11 years and are left in a spot no other team was in . Guess who the last guy to do it was, Jimmy Butler coached by Tom :lol:

Thousands of playoff games in the last 11 yrs, and Tom is doing something only Tom has done in that time period. He grinds players into the ground during the regular season, then his team falls apart in the playoffs, it happened with the Bulls and it's happening to us, people here are just acting surprised that the guy with 100 DUIs is crashing his car again and arguing that it's not the alcohol.

Thibs definitely pushes it to the limit but look around. Dame, Giannis, KP, Jarrett Allen, Embiid, now Mitchell. Half of the good players in the conference are hurt. Everybody is falling apart.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 24,020

Post#316 » by Fat » Tue May 14, 2024 4:03 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sit him for the rest of the series before he’s out all next season
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#317 » by FrozenEnvelope » Tue May 14, 2024 4:03 pm

god shammgod wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
god shammgod wrote:i don't know that he has a choice right now but to overplay guys. we lost 1 rotation player before round 1. we lost another in the last series and 2 at the beginning of this series. that's 4 of your top 8. it's been a snowball effect. josh is playing 48 minutes and he's not even supposed to be a starter.

i said it a couple days ago that the knicks might need to think about filling the end of their bench with semi-washed vets instead of projects like sims, toppin, jeffries. he's not gonna play them and they shouldn't be playing if a situation like this arises again. sims was awful out there in the last game. good or bad, he'd trust taj gibson to play 4 minutes a half.

His own actions led to this outcome, and there's always a choice between playing a guy the full 48 minutes in consecutive games. Josh is the first player to play 48 mins in consecutive playoff games since 2013, you can't tell me that we're the most banged up team in the last 11 years and are left in a spot no other team was in . Guess who the last guy to do it was, Jimmy Butler coached by Tom :lol:

Thousands of playoff games in the last 11 yrs, and Tom is doing something only Tom has done in that time period. He grinds players into the ground during the regular season, then his team falls apart in the playoffs, it happened with the Bulls and it's happening to us, people here are just acting surprised that the guy with 100 DUIs is crashing his car again and arguing that it's not the alcohol.

Thibs definitely pushes it to the limit but look around. Dame, Giannis, KP, Jarrett Allen, Embiid, now Mitchell. Half of the good players in the conference are hurt. Everybody is falling apart.

And at the same time an out of shape 7 footer with a dad's bod is averaging 40 mpg and healthy as an ox. :lol:

SGA and Tatum are averaging 39 and look fine to me.

It's all luck at the end of the day imho.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#318 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue May 14, 2024 4:04 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=1665206

viewtopic.php?t=1257252

This just tells me RealGM also has the same type of fans on the Bulls and Wolves boards.

I stopped reading here, just delusional.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,541

Post#319 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue May 14, 2024 4:04 pm

Gravy wrote:
Capn'O wrote:OG is the guy you really need to watch with minutes. He just seems fragile. We need a way to keep him preserved going forward. Of course, the plan this playoffs already missing Randle was spelling him with Bogdanovic but he had a freak injury of his own. Stupid Batum.

A real backup point would help as well. Deuce is cool but more of a combo.

Improving the bench in the offseason might be more important than worsening our depth in a superstar trade. If we have a good bench Thibs has shown he will play them. Losing IQ was a big hit and we never replaced him

deuce mcbride stepped into that role. and, yeah. we recognized a need for depth. we added some low-risk depth. more injuries came. it's not like we didn't care. them's the breaks sometimes.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,607

Post#320 » by Context » Tue May 14, 2024 4:05 pm

god shammgod wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Exactly Sham...
Something is not working with the training and maintenance across the league.
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren

Return to New York Knicks