ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks unclutch fall to Magic, Randle and Divo miss crucial freethrows

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,199

Re: PG: Knicks unclutch fall to Magic, Randle and Divo miss crucial freethrows 

Post#381 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:13 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
After the Anunoby trade, Grimes is the sole young player the Knicks could throw into a deadline deal. Thus, if they traded Grimes, they would want someone on a contract they consider tradeable in return, a player with a salary preferably in the teens or low $20 million that would be attractive to a franchise dealing away a star in June or July, according to league sources.

The Knicks could pair Evan Fournier — who is on an expiring, $18.9 million contract — with Grimes to bring back a contract of that size.

Some players who fit that description include (in no particular order): the Portland Trail Blazers’ Malcolm Brogdon, the Utah Jazz’s Jordan Clarkson and Collin Sexton, the Charlotte Hornets’ Terry Rozier, the Indiana Pacers’ Bruce Brown and T.J. McConnell, the Atlanta Hawks’ Bogdan Bogdanović, the Cleveland Cavaliers’ Caris LeVert and the Dallas Mavericks’ Tim Hardaway Jr.

Hawks Dejounte Murray doesn't make the list? :lol: He's the TOP TARGET!

The article says the Knicks do not want to trade any unprotected or their own picks. They are saving those for a legit star. Guessing, but that might be the holdup.

So basically what can Grimes + Fournier get us….maybe one of the crappy protected picks from other teams or 2nd rounders and that’s the list

At least that’s my understanding

Edit, hawks are looking for picks…Knicks probably don’t want to pay that price unless we get a legit superstar

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=oWAQ5JzX5AK-44v89eypvw
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,659

Post#382 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:15 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

The article says the Knicks do not want to trade any unprotected or their own picks. They are saving those for a legit star. Guessing, but that might be the holdup.

So basically what can Grimes + Fournier get us….maybe one of the crappy protected picks from other teams or 2nd rounders and that’s the list

Hit the music!!!
Brogdon/Olynyk 2024
The change we need!!!
:beer: RIP mags
RealGM
And1: 39,329

Post#383 » by 2010 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:16 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

Which likely means they’ll end up at Brogdon, Clarkson, or Bogdan Bogdanovic, if Atlanta doesn’t lower their demands for Murray.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,512

Post#384 » by god shammgod » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:22 pm

The Knicks have been less aggressive in searching for a center than they have been for a facilitator, league sources told The Athletic, especially with the hopefulness around Mitchell Robinson’s return.

Robinson, who underwent ankle surgery in early December, is not expected to undergo an official re-evaluation until mid-February. But the Knicks are increasingly optimistic about his return this season, according to a team source, and that optimism will affect how they operate over the next few weeks.

The Knicks already have Robinson, Isaiah Hartenstein and Achiuwa, who has backed up Hartenstein since the Toronto trade. Jericho Sims, who started the first five games after Robinson got hurt, is the third-string center right now. If Robinson returns, everyone slides down a peg: Hartenstein to the reserves and maybe Achiuwa out of the rotation.

good afternoon friends
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,886

Post#385 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:22 pm

2010 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

Which likely means they’ll end up at Brogdon, Clarkson, or Bogdan Bogdanovic, if Atlanta doesn’t lower their demands for Murray.

out of all those I would like Clarkson the best. Dude can get buckets, even if he's inefficient. He can actually run some offense.

I think Utah liked Grimes as well so maybe that is an option...but we have to deal with the "Ainge tax".

Also Utah is playing really well so maybe they wont sell...
3Peat! 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#386 » by god shammgod » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:25 pm

from untouchable to looking to dump him. aint that some sh*t.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#387 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:26 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

Edit, hawks are looking for picks…Knicks probably don’t want to pay that price unless we get a legit superstar

Read on Twitter

We have the picks!! What are we gonna do with this years NYK/DAL FRPs? I think this is more posturing than anything else. Trying to get Atlanta to come off the ask a little bit. We can easily give up those picks with Evan/Grimes for Murray. and not hurt future trades. We are saving picks for players that aren't even close to available this year or this summer? Makes no sense to me. I must be missing something.
RealGM

Post#388 » by 2010 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:27 pm

god shammgod wrote:
The Knicks have been less aggressive in searching for a center than they have been for a facilitator, league sources told The Athletic, especially with the hopefulness around Mitchell Robinson’s return.

Robinson, who underwent ankle surgery in early December, is not expected to undergo an official re-evaluation until mid-February. But the Knicks are increasingly optimistic about his return this season, according to a team source, and that optimism will affect how they operate over the next few weeks.

The Knicks already have Robinson, Isaiah Hartenstein and Achiuwa, who has backed up Hartenstein since the Toronto trade. Jericho Sims, who started the first five games after Robinson got hurt, is the third-string center right now. If Robinson returns, everyone slides down a peg: Hartenstein to the reserves and maybe Achiuwa out of the rotation.

good afternoon friends

:lol:

god shammgod
RealGM

Post#389 » by god shammgod » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:27 pm

i'm starting to wonder tho if the knicks are losing the plot a little. you're dumping all your young players but you still need to trade for a star. a brunson/randle pairing aint going anywhere because you added a 6th man type. they're kind of operating like they're already a contender but they aren't.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,428

Post#390 » by Fury » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:27 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

Read on Twitter

We have the picks!! What are we gonna do with this years NYK/DAL FRPs? I think this is more posturing than anything else. Trying to get Atlanta to come off the ask a little bit. We can easily give up those picks with Evan/Grimes for Murray. and not hurt future trades. We are saving picks for players that aren't even close to available this year or this summer? Makes no sense to me. I must be missing something.

Yeah, no one else is offering as much or can. The Lakers have picks in like the 2030s. The most we'll give up is the Mavericks pick, IMO.
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,900

Post#391 » by Buttah304 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:27 pm

god shammgod wrote:from untouchable to looking to dump him. aint that some sh*t.

Willy ain’t sh*t either
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#392 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:28 pm

god shammgod wrote:from untouchable to looking to dump him. aint that some sh*t.

It is wild how fast that changed
Mavs
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#393 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:28 pm

god shammgod wrote:

good afternoon friends

Good afternoon. This is literally the dumbest thing you have ever posted and a ridiculous article period.
RealGM

Post#394 » by 2010 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:28 pm

:lol:

god shammgod
RealGM

Post#395 » by god shammgod » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:29 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

good afternoon friends

Good afternoon. This is literally the dumbest thing you have ever posted and a ridiculous article period.

not even in my top 50 of ridiculousness things i've posted on here. i'm offended.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,428

Post#396 » by Fury » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:31 pm

god shammgod wrote:i'm starting to wonder tho if the knicks are losing the plot a little. you're dumping all your young players but you still need to trade for a star. a brunson/randle pairing aint going anywhere because you added a 6th man type. they're kind of operating like they're already a contender but they aren't.

Yeah, I don't like this Grimes for a backup PG talk. Gotta package him for something that moves the needle.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,385

Post#397 » by F N 11 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:33 pm

god shammgod wrote:

good afternoon friends

Not surprising knowing Thibs is a rere
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#398 » by god shammgod » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:34 pm

Fury wrote:
god shammgod wrote:i'm starting to wonder tho if the knicks are losing the plot a little. you're dumping all your young players but you still need to trade for a star. a brunson/randle pairing aint going anywhere because you added a 6th man type. they're kind of operating like they're already a contender but they aren't.

Yeah, I don't like this Grimes for a backup PG talk. Gotta package him for something that moves the needle.

his value gotta be the lowest it's been right now too. try to see if you can rebuild it a little first.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#399 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:36 pm

The article said they want to trade for a legit superstar but don’t expect that player to be available until this summer. So basically looking for minor help/upgrade that can be flipped later in that deal instead of Fournier.

The Grimes part is strange….sounds like he’s in Thibs doghouse
Mavs
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#400 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:36 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
good afternoon friends

not even in my top 50 of ridiculousness things i've posted on here. i'm offended.

:lol: I just think the idea that Mitch comes back and starts is pretty ridiculous. I am a huge Mitch fan but, no. That premise is truly as bad as it gets. I get that you are having fun with it though so...carry on.

Return to New York Knicks