ImageImageImageImageImage

Build-A-Team 15.0-Auction Style- Rules and Discussion **DRAFT IS OVER- Announcement on page 300**

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,649

Re: Build-A-Team 15.0-Auction Style **BIDDING IS OPEN** Rules and Discussion (Signups ongoing for the waiting list) 

Post#4801 » by CoolKids » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:50 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote: More like "time to make trades to remove guys Knickstape doesn't like." :lol: I just look at overall team makeup. If a guy sucks and doesn't fit in, he sucks and doesn't fit in regardless of what I think about the guy.

I feel bad for the guy who has Monroe this year. That team is an automatic L in your books :D

yea I thought about that
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,649

Re: Build-A-Team 15.0-Auction Style **BIDDING IS OPEN** Rules and Discussion (Signups ongoing for the waiting list) 

Post#4802 » by El Poochio » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:52 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
damn time make trades for guys knickstape likes :lol:

Wade Baldwin price just rose up by %300

:lol:

Nah. I like him more than DJ, but I see Baldwin as a more athletic Kirk Hinrich (peak) PG.

Good enough for me, my sneaky attempt was a success

B: L. Doncic | D. Banton | J. Carter
B: B. Ingram | A. Burks
B: D. Jones Jr | K. Oubre
B: Z. Williamson | K. Lofton Jr
B: K. Porzingis | D. Powell
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#4803 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:54 pm

CoolKids wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote: More like "time to make trades to remove guys Knickstape doesn't like." :lol: I just look at overall team makeup. If a guy sucks and doesn't fit in, he sucks and doesn't fit in regardless of what I think about the guy.

I feel bad for the guy who has Monroe this year. That team is an automatic L in your books :D

yea I thought about that

Spacing at the 4/5 MIGHT be an issue, but I'm cool with the perimeter defense / general makeup for Monroe. Defensive anchors mean little if you have **** perimeter defenders (we saw this with capri bitch) - harder to hide bad perimeter defenders even if you have a defensive anchor. On the flip side, it's much easier to hide poor post defenders if you have great perimeter defenders because the defensive burden is less.

I've always thought this. Basically, defense starts on the perimeter but ends in the paint. Can't have one without the other, but if I had to chose one, I'd rather have an average defensive big than an average defensive wing (not saying Monroe is average, but you get what I mean).
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#4804 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:55 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
Wade Baldwin price just rose up by %300

Nah. I like him more than DJ, but I see Baldwin as a more athletic Kirk Hinrich (peak) PG.

(D?) Russ for 8 is an absolute STEAL, by the way. Malachi for 8 was a huge overpay :lol:
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#4805 » by br7knicks » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:56 pm

If anyone wants one of my reserve sg/sfs, hamilton, babbitt, and brown are available. If you want good defense, go brown. If you want scoring, go hamilton (11 ppg in limited minutes), or if you want shooting go babbitt (shot 48% from 3 PT after the ASB, making a few per game. Avgd 15 PPG in April when finally given burn). Can pair with other players.

Looking for defensive backup big man
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
br7knicks

Post#4806 » by br7knicks » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:57 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
CoolKids wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

yea I thought about that

Spacing at the 4/5 MIGHT be an issue, but I'm cool with the perimeter defense / general makeup for Monroe. Defensive anchors mean little if you have **** perimeter defenders (we saw this with capri bitch) - harder to hide bad perimeter defenders even if you have a defensive anchor. On the flip side, it's much easier to hide poor post defenders if you have great perimeter defenders because the defensive burden is less.

I've always thought this. Basically, defense starts on the perimeter but ends in the paint. Can't have one without the other, but if I had to chose one, I'd rather have an average defensive big than an average defensive wing (not saying Monroe is average, but you get what I mean).

Sans my bench, what do you think of my perimeter defense, and rim protector?
RIP, magnumt '19

Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#4807 » by Smash3 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:00 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote: :lol:

(D?) Russ for 8 is an absolute STEAL, by the way. Malachi for 8 was a huge overpay :lol:

It´s a very competitive bunch of teams we have out here this BAT might get tough to judge. Same account as always by the way? I think it´s best to switch so there´s no paper trail :lol:
G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#4808 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:00 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
CoolKids wrote:yea I thought about that

Confused why Ariza is a 2 instead of a 3, but I understand for depth purposes. Without thinking too much / going in depth, I like the ability for the 2-4 to switch on defense. My love for RoLo knows no boundaries. Gonna miss him.

(Not going to review teams, by the way. I can't do that. I just like looking at smaller things and price points.)
Smash3
RealGM

Post#4809 » by Smash3 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:01 pm

Cbrunn2 wrote:Willing to listen to offers on Hayward, Roberson and kanter ... I have 0 roster spots and.salary left though so probably hard to do

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Get my PM?
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#4810 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:03 pm

Smash3 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

It´s a very competitive bunch of teams we have out here this BAT might get tough to judge. Same account as always by the way? I think it´s best to switch so there´s no paper trail :lol:

Yeah, definitely competitive. I think because it's really only one factor / thing we will be judging (win now, as far as I know), it might be easier than in the past where we were looking at cap, current, future, etc.

Nah, different account. Bish caught wind and ended up seizing it...was all for nothing.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,649

Post#4811 » by El Poochio » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:03 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote: :lol:

Yeah he has so many qualities, could have been a real beast sooner rather than later if he was under the wings of Bron

I am good with Malachi, his career is already over being drafted by Kings but I like his wingspan and catch and shoot, especially next to Bron too, those qualities along with his youth is still valuable for me for just 8 bucks

B: L. Doncic | D. Banton | J. Carter
B: B. Ingram | A. Burks
B: D. Jones Jr | K. Oubre
B: Z. Williamson | K. Lofton Jr
B: K. Porzingis | D. Powell
br7knicks

Post#4812 » by br7knicks » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:04 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

Confused why Ariza is a 2 instead of a 3, but I understand for depth purposes. Without thinking too much / going in depth, I like the ability for the 2-4 to switch on defense. My love for RoLo knows no boundaries. Gonna miss him.

(Not going to review teams, by the way. I can't do that. I just like looking at smaller things and price points.)

fair enough. the poster is on its way.

ariza used to play the 2, i know he's meant more for the 3, sometimes 4. my goal is to move ariza to the 3 when evans comes off the bench.
RIP, magnumt '19

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,786

Post#4813 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:05 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I mean, whatever team has Monroe (in real life as well) is starting behind the 8 ball.

Never been a fan of BroLo, but putting Dray next to him is awesome.

I wasn't always the biggest fan of BroLo early in his career but he has made major strides in his defense which has turned me on him. He can score in the low post with the best of em (he eats smaller centers). And he defended the rim at a 47% clip last year which is very respectable.

His big knock is clearing defensive rebounds (he is a pretty good offensive rebounder with put backs). But he just doesn't have a nose for the ball on the defensive end...and that is where Green comes in. Snatching up everything.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#4814 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:05 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

Yeah he has so many qualities, could have been a real beast sooner rather than later if he was under the wings of Bron

I am good with Malachi, his career is already over being drafted by Kings but I like his wingspan and catch and shoot, especially next to Bron too, those qualities along with his youth is still valuable for me for just 8 bucks

How money is spent won't affect which teams I like, but you have done one of the better jobs actually making a team. Found guys for good prices and still have money left over to make moves.
Smash3
RealGM

Post#4815 » by Smash3 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:09 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

How money is spent won't affect which teams I like, but you have done one of the better jobs actually making a team. Found guys for good prices and still have money left over to make moves.

Pooch like:

Smash3
RealGM

Post#4817 » by Smash3 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:22 pm

El Poochio wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

Also season 4 of AD ended up being trash btw like you said, did like the last episodes though.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#4818 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:24 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Knickstape you see why I told u stay on the low? :lol:

Yah, I'm done talking about how teams are put together.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#4819 » by Mecca » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:31 pm

Jose7© wrote:I like Parker.. had a ton of talks about acquiring him but I appreciated the Dirk presence on that team Mecca. I don't think you should've traded him! Gordon is probably going to be your 6th man but Dirk still stands the test of time.

Respect the insight my man. My issue was getting 13 boards a night from my 4-5. Jabari fit the squad a lot better. I wanna run and have a position flexible squad. Jabari second half of the season looked like a future star.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#4820 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:34 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:Knickstape you see why I told u stay on the low? :lol:

Yah, I'm done talking about how teams are put together.

you good, but your def the one person who cant talk to much in here prior to it being over. lol

Return to New York Knicks