ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: New York Knicks (2-1) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (1-2) Sunday, April 28th 1:00pm EST

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,529

Re: PG: New York Knicks (2-1) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (1-2) Sunday, April 28th 1:00pm EST 

Post#701 » by EnigmatiC » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:22 pm

I'm sure it has been said a few times but McBride is everything we wanted Grimes to be. He's so so much more mentally tough than Grimes. If he was 3 inches taller he would be our starting 2.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,121

Re: PG: New York Knicks (2-1) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (1-2) Sunday, April 28th 1:00pm EST 

Post#702 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:23 pm

stuporman wrote:Hart went 0-7 and Precious 0-5 yet nobody can tell us they weren't key reasons why the Knicks won this game...it's irony or paradox or some bizzarro world stat line thing. It's just weird, no?

Hart had a Dennis Rodman kind of game
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,867

Post#703 » by duetta » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:30 pm

The OG factor is huge. When the man is healthy, he produces wins.

In the one game against Philadelphia in which Randle, Brunson, and OG were all healthy, we beat them by 36. And both Maxey and Embiid were both healthy for that game.

The Knicks mix of offensive stars and defensive stoppers is pretty imposing. Win or lose in these playoffs, I would hate to see management destroy this mix in the offseason by bringing anyone who is not a top defender. When Randle and Brunson are both healthy, we have our two primary alpha scorers - particularly given the quality of defense we are capable of playing. The one thing we can still use is a stretch five (who is nonetheless a top defender).
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,867

Post#704 » by duetta » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:35 pm

The Suns bet the house on Bradley Beal. It backfired spectacularly.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2024/04/29/suns-timberwolves-sweep-bradley-beal/
sPALL
Bench Warmer
And1: 93

Post#705 » by sPALL » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:37 pm

duetta wrote:The OG factor is huge. When the man is healthy, he produces wins.

In the one game against Philadelphia in which Randle, Brunson, and OG were all healthy, we beat them by 36. And both Maxey and Embiid were both healthy for that game.

The Knicks mix of offensive stars and defensive stoppers is pretty imposing. Win or lose in these playoffs, I would hate to see management destroy this mix in the offseason by bringing anyone who is not a top defender. When Randle and Brunson are both healthy, we have our two primary alpha scorers - particularly given the quality of defense we are capable of playing. The one thing we can still use is a stretch five (who is nonetheless a top defender).

A stretch five never works out with Thibs. He wants traditional fives, otherwise Hartenstein would take a few more threes.

Yes, we may need one. But Thibs doesn't like it.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,187

Post#706 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:38 pm

EnigmatiC wrote:I'm sure it has been said a few times but McBride is everything we wanted Grimes to be. He's so so much more mentally tough than Grimes. If he was 3 inches taller he would be our starting 2.

He’s playing fearless in the playoffs and giving some great minutes off the bench. Tough as nails
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#707 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:43 pm

Prescious with some big minutes on the defensive end. With Bogey banged up, we may need him even more even if Mitch comes back.

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=oWAQ5JzX5AK-44v89eypvw
Mavs
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,175

Post#708 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:47 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
stuporman wrote:Hart went 0-7 and Precious 0-5 yet nobody can tell us they weren't key reasons why the Knicks won this game...it's irony or paradox or some bizzarro world stat line thing. It's just weird, no?

Hart had a Dennis Rodman kind of game

Same thing I thought yesterday. Hart was grabbing some insane rebounds. A good player will impact the game without scoring and Hart is just that.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,472

Post#709 » by NoStatsGuy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:50 pm

yup we up 3-1 one. we doing it without 2 of our biggest bodies to bang with embiid, randle and mitch. The heart of this team is unmatched. Sky is the limit! They gonna find a way
im bout dat action boss
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,460
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#710 » by BKlutch » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:56 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:Buddy Hield and Mo Bamba DNP

They probably should have tried using them

Yeah, I like Mo' Bamba more than Less Bamba. What a great name - too bad he doesn't play up to how his name is. LOL

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense even without OG, our after-burner.

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,175

Post#711 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:01 pm

I wouldn't do too much to change this group. Everyone is in their primes.

I would see what can be obtained with Bojan's contract and picks but otherwise I wouldn't rock the boat too much. Gonna have to decide between Mitch and IHart though unfortunately given the cap situation.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 15,077

Post#712 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:16 pm

moocow007 wrote:What on earth was Maxey doing defensively when Brunson juked his way UNCONTESTED to the basket to put the Knicks up by 6 near the end of the 4th? I get the general premise was that the Knicks would kill some time on the clock but was that what he was assuming? This the same thing they did in that game at MSG when Sixers players stood around expecting the foul or time out while the Knicks got themselves the ball and hit that open shot. Anyone else notice that?

I think Maxey kinda choked. He missed the fact that Lowry was gonna miss the 2nd free throw and let Brunson get the board.

It also might be the fact that the Knicks threw Embiid off his game - Maxey is good and he’s young but he’s as reliant on Embiid as the rest of the team. The Sixers lose all their non-Embiid minutes.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,433

Post#713 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:22 pm

BKlutch wrote:

Yeah, I like Mo' Bamba more than Less Bamba. What a great name - too bad he doesn't play up to how his name is. LOL

DNP - No Mo Bamba
ImageImageImage
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#714 » by BKlutch » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:22 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
EnigmatiC wrote:I'm sure it has been said a few times but McBride is everything we wanted Grimes to be. He's so so much more mentally tough than Grimes. If he was 3 inches taller he would be our starting 2.

He’s playing fearless in the playoffs and giving some great minutes off the bench. Tough as nails

McBride plays very physically, possibly because he was also a football player. He's strong in addition to being smart and very talented physically. There are few players on the Knicks who aren't smart. None of them are playing in this series.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense even without OG, our after-burner.

BKlutch
RealGM

Post#715 » by BKlutch » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:25 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
BKlutch wrote:

DNP - No Mo Bamba

:lol:

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,433

Post#716 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:27 pm

Ditto

In order of importance

Stretch big who defends
Backup PG - Rokas
Swing man defender
ImageImageImage
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#717 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:28 pm

The Knicks had the right mentality and it is showing.
Read on Twitter
Mavs
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 19,345

Post#718 » by Iron Mantis » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:29 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
nedleeds wrote:Wow. And we got off RJs contract.

I’m so glad I don’t have to watch him play for the Knicks anymore.

Don't need to bring back that type of energy.

Basketball gods already snatched Randle away for the season.

They were ready to take OG, but were merciful.

Knicks in 5.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,862

Post#719 » by Wildcat » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:30 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:The Knicks had the right mentality and it is showing.
Read on Twitter

The Cavs are the bigger loser, honestly. Bucks -- from my understanding -- weren't tanking. They just fall flat when it counted the most. They were legitimately trying to win their last game.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 20,003

Post#720 » by RHODEY » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:34 pm

NiceLikeChrist wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Dunno about that but they did beat us badly a couple times this year and I don’t love the matchup. If they do get hot from 3 we probably don’t have the offensive firepower to keep pace. So we’d have to hope our defense can lock them down.

Of course we shouldn’t minimize the possibility that Philly wins 3 straight either. Even talking about this is bad juju

I bet we had key players missing when they beat us. I think we would sweep them.

The pacers are a better team than the sixers
. I always knew the sixers were trash and would be finished in 4 or 5. Pacers as a whole are more of a threat than Philly. Sixers are just bad and should’ve been swept if not for a game where Embiid was allowed to go full bush league for a half.

I respectfully disagree.

Return to New York Knicks