ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Vs Magic Post game thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,986

Re: Knicks Vs Magic Post game thread 

Post#81 » by Adelheid » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:49 am

julius inside game is vintage julius and its beautiful

is it because there is no mitch to clog the paint?
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#82 » by WargamesX » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:50 am

Buttah304 wrote:It’s really starting to feel like there is going to be a trade on the horizon. I’m sure we’ll all hate it which is what the board thrives on. Leon’s biggest mid season acquisitions can’t be Cam Reddish and Josh Hart. Tom is starting to spiral in post games. Buckle the F up

We kind of have too. I don’t like the Knicks odds facing the Celtics, Bucks, Philly, Miami, and Orlando in the playoffs with this squad. On the low without Mitch I hope they can get out the first round but I am not sure.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#83 » by WargamesX » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:52 am

KnicksGod wrote:
WargamesX wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:And again I want to say unambiguously that RJ had a poor game.

19/6/2 is not really what I would call poor.

Well he was better but the team lost without ever being VERY close and he did indeed, as DaYahooGawd said, help kill us first half.

So I’m fine conceding he didn’t have a good game. In fact that’s true … to me.

19 on 17 is not good and he didn’t ever make any big shots tonight. My main point is that IQ got a big chance and did nothing with it.

Yeah I admit he is becoming a volume scorer. I still think he is a guy who will eventually thrive on a team where he can come in and score, and if he is having a bad night he can get yanked. He needs a Green light in limited doses.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,857

Post#84 » by duetta » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:54 am

We're not that good unless we're playing as a team and hitting on all cylinders. We lack the athleticism of some of our peers and our defense ain't what it used to be. We miss Mitch on the boards and in the defensive paint, and our defense is generally much poorer than it was in the tail end of last season.

But Orlando is long and talented. They grew up in the 2nd half of last season.

Honestly, I'm not enjoying watching this group anymore. We're not a team. We're a bunch of individuals doing their thing.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,549

Post#85 » by robillionaire » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:54 am

Adelheid wrote:julius inside g is vintage julius and its beautiful

that idea has been thrown around but I’m going to say it’s a minimal factor and everyone knows I’m a Mitch skeptic

We have other players who are not really doing better inside and our bigs are still not truly spreading the floor anyway.

so the reason is just that Randle is good
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 844

Post#86 » by KOA » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:00 am

IQ 4th quarter: 1/6, 4 pts, 3 fouls, 1 turnover in 12 mins
If posters are going to get on players for inconsistencies, at least be consistent about it :lol:
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,986

Post#87 » by Adelheid » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:37 am

robillionaire wrote:

that idea has been thrown around but I’m going to say it’s a minimal factor and everyone knows I’m a Mitch skeptic

We have other players who are not really doing better inside and our bigs are still not truly spreading the floor anyway.

Disagree. He has much more inside attempts now since mitch gone
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#88 » by KnicksGod » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:40 am

KOA wrote:IQ 4th quarter: 1/6, 4 pts, 3 fouls, 1 turnover in 12 mins
If posters are going to get on players for inconsistencies, at least be consistent about it :lol:

I honestly didn’t even know it was that bad and I’m rooting for him to grab a spot. If not starting then more minutes but I’m not sold yet.
ohboy109
Rookie
And1: 225

Post#89 » by ohboy109 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:40 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

But have they been winning?
Sell high now he just has losing intangibles and a awful leader
ohboy109
Rookie
And1: 225

Post#90 » by ohboy109 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:43 am

robillionaire wrote:

He just don't make no one better just not a guy u decide to build with stats look pretty but does the team look pretty no do they defend no..and he adventure with the ball butter fingers Randle ain't it
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,707

Post#91 » by rajajackal » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:51 am

i watch probably 78 regular season games a year. feels like i didn't **** up missing this one
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,878

Post#92 » by cgmw » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:18 am

duetta wrote:We're not a team. We're a bunch of individuals doing their thing.

By design.

Tom thinks you win regular season games by letting stars isolate one-on-one. And he’s not wrong. This team should make the playoffs, which is exactly the bare minimum required by Dolan for Leon and Thibs to keep their jobs. Expect more individual gunner ball.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,074

Post#93 » by knicks94 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:29 am

This team is getting swept in the first round. Probably the most mid Knicks team I've watched in 30 years. How do you have two all-stars in the prime of their careers, but can't beat any of the teams with better records than you?
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,832

Post#94 » by Knicksfan1992 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:41 am

knicks94 wrote:This team is getting swept in the first round. Probably the most mid Knicks team I've watched in 30 years. How do you have two all-stars in the prime of their careers, but can't beat any of the teams with better records than you?

FYI for any other people who feel this way.... We've beaten the following teams before the calendar has turned to 2024

Bucks
Lakers
Clippers
Heat
Cavaliers
Suns

All likely playoff teams.

That doesn't include likely play in teams like the Raptors Hawks and Nets
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,408

Post#95 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:57 am

LIVE REPORT FROM ORLANDO

Just got back from attending the game. Went with a couple of friends. Had very good seats from a season ticket holder.

It was nice to see our guys in person, but fairly deflating for it to be one of our worst performances of the season. While we probably had a small window to win at the end, trust me, it was never really close after the first quarter. We were very much the inferior team most of the game.

At least a third of the crowd was Knicks fans. Probably more Knicks gear in attendance than Magic swag actually so NY did represent. Knicks fans only got vocal in the last 4-5 minutes when we booed the Magic at the free throw line and actually got them to miss some of those. At that moment the volume of the Knicks fans was actually louder than the Magic fans, but then the Magic broke our backs in the last minute and the place was loud as they celebrated the win.

First off, Randle was truly the only Knick who showed up tonight. While he is normally a first quarter stud, he started off a little rocky with a couple of bad three attempts and some turnovers, but then he settled down. After that, he was our only legit offensive player all night. TBH, the rest of the team deserves whatever criticism they get, because no one else showed up. So Randle gets credit for tonight. He was not very good defensively, but almost no one was except iHart who made more hustle plays than the rest of the team combined. For some reason, iHart was not on the floor late in the game and they badly needed him, so that was a head scratcher.

From the beginning of the game there was no cohesion. Everyone was freelancing. Lots of passes were forced and resulted in turnovers. Brunson's decision making, both as a shooter and as a PG, was terrible tonight. For some reason, he kept challenging their bigs at the rim instead of using his stepback baby jumpers and floaters. It got him blocked multiple times. And then he was trying to jam passes into places they couldn't go and turning over the ball. Yes, the refs sucked and he should have gotten more calls, but it was still one of Brunson's worst games as a Knick. And we lost this game fair and square even if the refs did blow some calls and fail to make some needed calls. You can't blame this loss on the zebras.

One of the only people on the court talking to his teammates was Quickley. I saw very little communication on the court tonight. The whole vibe was very disconnected, like no one showed up on the same page ready to play together.

You could see this carried over to the bench where there was limited socializing. The team mood was definitely dark. Their body language was awful when they were getting beaten up in the third quarter. RJ slammed the ball at the end of a bad play. Multiple guys were hanging their heads in disgust. It really was discouraging to see.

As far as the other players go, Donte, Grimes and Hart were non-factors. RJ was ineffective and it was a poor night overall. Hartenstein was hustling and doing his best. Taj did his 15 minutes and was valiant, but no match for their frontcourt. And IQ sat for very long stretches and never warmed up. He did try to distribute and made a couple of terrific interior passes for assists, but the team was generally so out of sync that he could never get in rhythm with them and he didn't shoot enough to get on a heater and maybe save the game.

Franz Wagner is a great young player. Seeing him in person he was very impressive. He moves efficiently and with ease for a big and he can score inside and out with finesse. He has definite All-Star talent.

Paolo's rough edges are coming off. He can be very smooth now, with a handle and footwork that allows him to glide into position and get off a good shot. He reminded me a lot of Paul George the way he handled and shot the ball. And his passing off the dribble is very good.

Suggs is solid now and looks like a good player. Black was involved in lots of good plays even if they were not scoring much.

They are a bigger, longer team that plays enough defense to keep you honest. On offense they were moving the ball and finding the open man consistently. They ran lots of slip and roll and back door plays that freed up their big men for easy buckets at the rim and we had no answer or rim protection to stop them.

The Magic were cohesive and looked like they enjoyed playing together.

We were chaotic and disgruntled.

In spite of all that, as is often the case in the NBA these days, we still had a chance to win it and let me tell you this: Thibs crapped the bed.

We closed out the game with RJ guarding Franz Wagner. WTF? He beat RJ every damn time and Thibs would not make an adjustment.

iHart was on the bench. And Randle could have taken Wagner as his assignment to close the game, but nope, Thibs let them gut us like a fish at the end with a horrible mismatch they exploited almost every time down the floor. It was unbearable to watch and know we could have adjusted.

I honestly felt awful for RJ. Not his damn fault. Thibs really does suck at making key adjustments and it probably blew any chance for us to get some stops and steal the game.

Overall, an underwhelming night for the Knicks. This did not look like a unified team on the same page.
ImageImageImage
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,069

Post#96 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:11 am

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
knicks94 wrote:This team is getting swept in the first round. Probably the most mid Knicks team I've watched in 30 years. How do you have two all-stars in the prime of their careers, but can't beat any of the teams with better records than you?

FYI for any other people who feel this way.... We've beaten the following teams before the calendar has turned to 2024

Bucks
Lakers
Clippers
Heat
Cavaliers
Suns

All likely playoff teams.

That doesn't include likely play in teams like the Raptors Hawks and Nets

The Bucks and Lakers wins were good, the rest of those are teams that were missing starters, and the Clippers who were fresh off the trade and blew our doors off when they played us again.

If we're in the 6-8 seed we're getting curb stomped, nothing about our style of play is conducive to making deep playoff runs.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,243

Post#97 » by Capn'O » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:29 am

Clyde_Style wrote:Brunson's decision making, both as a shooter and as a PG, was terrible tonight. For some reason, he kept challenging their bigs at the rim instead of using his stepback baby jumpers and floaters. It got him blocked multiple times. And then he was trying to jam passes into places they couldn't go and turning over the ball.

We were talking about this in the game thread, as you might expect. JB obviously had trouble with Black's length and I think he was tentative in part because even when he got past Black he had to worry about getting hounded from behind. Then, there was what was in front of him. Wendell Carter was a late scratch from the starting lineup and, as you know, Bitadze started in his place. It felt like the team had game planned for Carter and never adjusted. WC has really struggled coming off injury and it felt like the plan was to drive it into their teeth. Randle was still able to execute his portion but Bitadze is a superior rim protector to Carter and a very physical player. He was able to help a lot. They really rattled Brunson in a way I hadn't seen before and none of our shooters stepped up to bail him out.

Randle has been playing great ball, as you mentioned.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,783

Post#98 » by ScienceOfLosing » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:35 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
DaGawd wrote:oh yeah and rj barrett is trash.. **** whoever on team rj. **** trolls

He shot better than IQ and Brunson and had more assists than IQ. Just sayin’

Efficiency for the game

RJ: 49.48 TS%
IQ: 57.47 TS%
(JB: 49.31 TS%)

Why do you keep doing this to yourself

TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 34,316

Post#99 » by TheGreenArrow » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:54 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

Lmaooo they did this nonsense with Jordan too???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knicks for clicks started before I was even born!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jonathan2347
Sophomore
And1: 66

Post#100 » by Jonathan2347 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:38 am

Donovan mitchell makes no sense now with Brunson on the team. It's one or the other, not both. We need taller two gaurds and wings end of story.

If you can somehow get all of Murry, OG and Onlyk on this team. You be top 3 in the east.

Brunson
Murry
OG
Radle
Kelly

Wow !! Thats a team and I dont even like Randle

Sent from my SM-G996U using RealGM mobile app

Return to New York Knicks