ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,957

Re: Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#801 » by KnixinSix » Thu May 16, 2024 12:29 am

8516knicks wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:Last night was case in point, everytime we play small ball this year the results have been excellent.

Off season plan:

1. Trade Mitchell Robinson, Bogey, McBride and 3 FRPs for Donovan Mitchell and Okoro

2. Re-sign Isaiah Hartenstein

3. Keep Randle

Hartenstein (28), Precious (20)
Randle (32) , OG (16)
OG (14), Hart(20), DDV (8), Okoro (5)
Spidah (20), Hart (10), DDV(16), Okoro (2)
Brunson (34), Spidah (14)

Minutes distribution is excellent. Your top 5 Randle, Brunson, Spidah, Hart and OG all get 30+ minutes. There is ample defenders at every position 1 to 5. There is rebounding, more of a consistent 3 ball. Okoro and DDV play more when injuries come. It's an extremely dynamic,deep, and well constructed Tom Thibodeau team.
there is some truth to this for sure

Hartenstien and Randle can play well together
Brunson and Mitchel should be able to play well on offense. the issue will be defensive of course.
But I believe Mitchel has the IQ and work ethic to play for Thibs

Id be very sad to see McBride go but you gotta give to get

Looks pretty good from our side meaning probably Cleve says NO. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One question I have is with Okoro. When he came into the league he was touted as not much/raw offense but elite D. Haven't watched him. Is he elite or close to elite D. On the OG scale, if OG is a 10 and Jose Olay was a zero, where does Okoro rank now???

Okoro is kind of a poor mans OG. But shot 40% from 3 this year. Excellent defensively and a Thibs player. Thibs wants to absolutely clamp teams down defensively and this guy would be a great depth piece in that equation.

Also key depth if OG continues to be injury prone too.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
Bob Ross
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,280

Post#802 » by Bob Ross » Thu May 16, 2024 12:44 am

The only guy to get from the Cavs is Mitchell. I'll die on this hill
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,567

Post#803 » by newyorker4ever » Thu May 16, 2024 12:55 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

Don’t know who we go after if Dmitch goes elsewhere m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D.Booker or P.George.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,567

Post#804 » by newyorker4ever » Thu May 16, 2024 12:57 am

Spree2Houston wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

I’ve been saying this. He’s going to Brooklyn. They will overpay for him

Will they include Mikal in the deal? They have no chance if they won't and if they do then they have nobody to help D.Mitchell.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,518

Post#805 » by BigShot Bojan » Thu May 16, 2024 1:19 am

Forget Mitchell get me Mobley
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
smw6230
Senior
And1: 303

Post#806 » by smw6230 » Thu May 16, 2024 1:36 am

WargamesX wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:

But he doesn't have to sign anywhere... he can still become a free agent regardless of where he gets traded to

Yeah but I think Donovan wants a major market. He’s been in Utah and Cleveland his whole career. Going to Brooklyn, Miami, or a LA team seems like the most likely move.

Miami makes the most sense. Riles is smart and he never stays on a player "too" long. Butler is 35 and wants an extension near max value. Riles can trade Butler this off-season, get assets, and use those assets to get Mitchell to build around with Bam. Miami gets younger and basically stays within their blueprint.

Lakers? They have strategic problems that make a Mitchell trade almost impossible. Namely the NBA's rule against trading 1st in consecutive years. NO has the rights to swap picks with the Lakers for the next 2/3 years. Since NO has that option LA can't trade their 1sts because they're already under obligation.

Brooklyn makes sense in one regard. Its close to New York city. That's where he wants to be.

The problem with Brooklyn is if they trade for him they're not going to have much left to make them a championship team.
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,370

Post#807 » by aq_ua » Thu May 16, 2024 1:50 am

newyorker4ever wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Will they include Mikal in the deal? They have no chance if they won't and if they do then they have nobody to help D.Mitchell.

Nets will be significantly under the cap in the offseason, so they could do something like Finney-Smith or Cam Johnson plus a boatload of picks. They have the Phoenix 2027 and 2029 unprotected picks that could be juicy.
smw6230
Senior
And1: 303

Post#808 » by smw6230 » Thu May 16, 2024 1:56 am

aq_ua wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:

Nets will be significantly under the cap in the offseason, so they could do something like Finney-Smith or Cam Johnson plus a boatload of picks. They have the Phoenix 2027 and 2029 unprotected picks that could be juicy.

Of course if I'm Cleveland I'm leaking every Nets offer to see if I can get the Knicks into the bidding to increase my leverage w/NJ.

My take from the Windy segment is that he doesn't know the Knicks intention. That fits with how Leon operates. Leon's smart. He's not going to let his name be used to drive up acquisition costs. Also let us remember that Mitchell to NY talks allowed Cleveland to swoop in and scuttle a Utah 2 NY deal that was on Leon's preferred terms.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,733

Post#809 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu May 16, 2024 1:57 am

newyorker4ever wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

D.Booker or P.George.

The rumors are that Paul George is going to the Sixers. Besides, I'd rather have OG than PG.
Free Palestine
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,370

Post#810 » by aq_ua » Thu May 16, 2024 2:03 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

D.Booker or P.George.

The rumors are that Paul George is going to the Sixers. Besides, I'd rather have OG than PG.

I don't think we want to run into that whole situation with too many players deserving too few minutes. At the 3D swing position, I think we're better served getting a role player that will be happy and productive with 10-15mpg type role. Anything else should be a swing for the fences move that gels well with JB. Honestly, at this point, outside of Giannis, I don't even see a real target.
Jeffrey
General Manager
And1: 5,311

Post#811 » by Jeffrey » Thu May 16, 2024 5:03 am

DaGawd wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

he was never the best fit for us tbh.. still i think we can easily beat the nets offer if we wanted to

We can definitely beat Nets offer easily. Once you dangle Randle, he will easily be the best player if they want to continue to build that current roster.

But wtf the Lakers gonna offer?! They refuse to trade Reeves or anyone remotely a decent piece. Is this another lopsided Lakers trade for a star?! Its sickening.
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,756

Post#812 » by HopelessKnick » Thu May 16, 2024 11:40 am

I look at it this way--our regular rotation looks like this:

Brunson-Deuce-DD-Hart-OG-Randle-Ihart-Mitch

I personally like Precious a lot as well because he is very good insurance for Mitch. Given the way this team has grown together and is playing together, I find it difficult to imagine how we trade any of the above 8. Now Mitch is definitely injury prone but due to his injuries we'd likely never gonna get a decent offer for him so I believe we should keep him and load manage him as much as possible.

If you look at above 8 man roation, whom are you willing to really trade? And if you don't trade any of them, realistically you can't get a superstar player. If it was up to me I'd package 4-5 picks along with Bog's expiring contract and maybe Precious and see if some team is willing to trade a star two way wing to us.

But I feel like this team and these players deserve a shot at rolling it back and going for the title next year.

Garland-Mitchell didn't work out. Trae-Murray didn't work out. Do we really want to try our own version of a small backcourt?
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,550

Post#813 » by DaGawd » Thu May 16, 2024 11:49 am

they’re saying donovan probably wants to remain a cav any way. kill the spida noise
BaF
Washington Wizards
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,973

Post#814 » by spree2kawhi » Thu May 16, 2024 2:58 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
8516knicks wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:there is some truth to this for sure

Hartenstien and Randle can play well together
Brunson and Mitchel should be able to play well on offense. the issue will be defensive of course.
But I believe Mitchel has the IQ and work ethic to play for Thibs

Id be very sad to see McBride go but you gotta give to get

Looks pretty good from our side meaning probably Cleve says NO. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One question I have is with Okoro. When he came into the league he was touted as not much/raw offense but elite D. Haven't watched him. Is he elite or close to elite D. On the OG scale, if OG is a 10 and Jose Olay was a zero, where does Okoro rank now???

Okoro is kind of a poor mans OG. But shot 40% from 3 this year. Excellent defensively and a Thibs player. Thibs wants to absolutely clamp teams down defensively and this guy would be a great depth piece in that equation.

Also key depth if OG continues to be injury prone too.

Okoro would be nice, but can he really shoot or was that on very few shots?
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,624

Post#815 » by sol537 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:14 pm

Spida, Allen for Randle, Mitch, McBride, filler (no picks)

Cavs want to remain competitive and a "big three" of Mobley, Randle, and Garland with super role players like Mitch (off the bench) and McBride and Strus could keep them there. Remember that their unprotected 1st rounders are going to Utah so tanking is out of the question. A starting front court of Mobley and Randle actually fits quite well in the modern NBA.

DDV becomes your super 6th man, getting the same minutes as he's accustomed to this regular season backing up Brunson and Spida. Hart can be the stopgap starting "3" until we find a good deal for Bogs + picks (someone taller like Mikal or Tre Murphy?). Hart then moves back to the bench. We then use the three draft picks to find some tall 3&D wingmen we can develop as OG insurance. Can Spida and Brunson work? I guess that question is similar to "Can Brunson and Randle" lead NYK to a title? (given Randle's playoff struggles and defensive lapses). iHart, OG, (tall 3&D stud), Spida, Brunson starting with Allen, Hart, and DDV as your bench can be very potent and deep.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,872

Post#816 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:50 pm

I want to state that I when push comes to shove I am not in favor acquiring Mitchell.

However, I think it's worth noting that Divincenzo and Mitchell have the same standing reach. Concerns about us being too small with Mitchell as opposed to what we have now seem overblown to me.

The real concern for me would be the offensive fit between Mitchell and Brunson. 2 guys who prefer to dominate the ball and have everything work around them. Although I will say Brunson definitely became more of an off-ball threat as the year went on.
sol537
RealGM

Post#817 » by sol537 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:59 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:I want to state that I when push comes to shove I am not in favor acquiring Mitchell.

However, I think it's worth noting that Divincenzo and Mitchell have the same standing reach. Concerns about us being too small with Mitchell as opposed to what we have now seem overblown to me.

The real concern for me would be the offensive fit between Mitchell and Brunson. 2 guys who prefer to dominate the ball and have everything work around them. Although I will say Brunson definitely became more of an off-ball threat as the year went on.

Gotta surround those two with length, defense, shooting, and hustle.

One target that could work at SF would be Andrew Wiggins... his trade value is low, GSW may "blow it up"... Bogs + picks could potentially work if they transition into a rebuild.

iHart / OG / Wiggins / Spida / Brunson
Bench: Allen, Hart, DDV

All 29 and under... all locked up for multiple years.... might contend for a good 4-6 years with this group.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,872

Post#818 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu May 16, 2024 4:56 pm

sol537 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:I want to state that I when push comes to shove I am not in favor acquiring Mitchell.

One target that could work at SF would be Andrew Wiggins... his trade value is low, GSW may "blow it up"... Bogs + picks could potentially work if they transition into a rebuild.

All 29 and under... all locked up for multiple years.... might contend for a good 4-6 years with this group.

I get what your saying but there's a reason they are selling Wiggins... Outside of one playoff run where he played out of his skin, he's been average to a disaster for most of his career.

I'm a hard no on that one tbh. His contract is pretty awful given how he's actually played.
sol537
RealGM

Post#819 » by sol537 » Thu May 16, 2024 5:01 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
sol537 wrote:

I get what your saying but there's a reason they are selling Wiggins... Outside of one playoff run where he played out of his skin, he's been average to a disaster for most of his career.

I'm a hard no on that one tbh. His contract is pretty awful given how he's actually played.

Few things about Wiggins... 1) His contract is reasonable in today's NBA 2) He's still under 30 3) He's an elite defender 4) He played great in GSW's last championship run 5) He's had some personal issues recently I heard which has distracted him 6) GSW has been a chemistry mess since the Draymond Poole incident. 7) He shot nearly 40% on three's the two seasons prior to this one. He's a great "buy low" candidate IMO if we have a 30-min spot for him, which could happen if Randle goes out in a trade. His agent might ask out if GSW goes into a rebuild (ie Klay signs elsewhere, Dray is traded, etc.).

If you run into Boston in the next playoffs, you stick OG and Wiggins on Tatum and Brown to muck up their offense and then you let Brunson and Spida go to work carving them up. IMO, could be a recipe for multiple finals appearances and an eventual title...
louisorr
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,392

Post#820 » by louisorr » Thu May 16, 2024 8:54 pm

offseason is simple
ask Jalen Brunson what he wants.
get it done.

Return to New York Knicks