ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: God Bless Our Little Miracle Victory

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,636

Re: PG: Miracle Victory 

Post#881 » by robillionaire » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:28 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:I hope a few people turned the game off

Win is on Thibs. 2-0. You gonna blame him for everything when things are down man up and credit him when we win.

2-0 ****

Also, Ihart.

Gotta come clean. I turned it off after the overturn when Lowry hacked OG and was awarded the ball. Saw how the refs were letting things slide. Saw JB take a Maxey charge/elbow to the face resulting in a terrible defensive foul call. Saw Batum body checking JB knocking him down as he was moving about.

So basically, I credit myself for the win.

Nobody could blame you, things did look pretty grim at that moment. We were all shocked with the next turn of events to say the least
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,638

Re: PG: God Bless Our Little Miracle Victory 

Post#882 » by Fat Kat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:29 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,841

Post#883 » by mpharris36 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:30 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

I feel like we are going to have to overcome some **** in game 3 officiating...and my reactions will be

hopefully brunson gives us an MVP brunson performance we can pretty much bury them.
3Peat! 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,646

Post#884 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:34 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
knicks94 wrote:After listening to Mike Francesa's take all the joy I had towards this win escaped me.

He's wrong about the foul(s), but he's right about our need to free up Brunson. It's one thing to lose Randle but we can't continue to allow the Sixers to neutralize Brunson. We have to make an adjustment. The problem is that they are playing with a lot of length and using it on HIM.

Brunson has gotten his shots. He's just not making them like he usually does and his shot selection has been sub-par. They have not shut him down. He's just out of sync which Philly may have contributed to somewhat, but this is more of a Jalen Brunson adjustment than anything strategic.

They’re making him really work for those shots and a lot of them, as you discuss, have not been good shots. And then a lot of them, as you discuss, just didn't drop.
Free Palestine
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,196

Post#885 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:37 pm

Ton of props to Thibs as well. All that prep paid off. He pushed all the right buttons. Great call to get Donte back in too

Read on Twitter
?t=3YRPb5BBewIl57bfW_rbSw&s=19
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,638

Post#886 » by Fat Kat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:38 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Guano
RealGM
And1: 43,066

Post#887 » by Guano » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:43 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Context wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I love her!!!

That was crazy mph :D

she is one of us...and she is such a professional she didn't step on the play-by-play guy.

But her reactions and holding his arm...that is what sports is all about.

The guy in the white sleeve jacket in the background was locked in. No quit in him.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,553

Post#888 » by gavran » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:49 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Ton of props to Thibs as well. All that prep paid off. He pushed all the right buttons. Great call to get Donte back in too

Read on Twitter

Can't believe this play. He has an open putbank dunk to tie the game, yet he chose the smart play instead.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#889 » by KnicksGod » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:51 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Ton of props to Thibs as well. All that prep paid off. He pushed all the right buttons. Great call to get Donte back in too

Read on Twitter

Feels like a spur of moment thing but it worked
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,788

Post#890 » by Lord Commander » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:05 pm

IHart is going NOWHERE this summer. I hope his big ass is comfortable.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,648

Post#891 » by Clyde Frazier » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:05 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:I was just thinking. Do any other teams have their former great players show up to games like we do? I guess I've seen Wade at some Heat games but he's the only one I can think of.

I have to say it's really cool to see melo there with fan favorites from past eras. Like he isn't "jealous" of the current team's success and wants to be part of the celebration. He gets a bad rap for stuff like that.
Monk1718
RealGM
And1: 19,079

Post#892 » by Monk1718 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:05 pm

I’m happy they’re still doubting the Knicks even after being a 2 seed and up 2-0 on Philly. Keep that chip on the shoulder.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,098

Post#893 » by knicks94 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:05 pm

I very much regret comparing iHart to Charles Smith when he first got here.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,352

Post#894 » by TrueWarrior » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:05 pm

Donte is getting props for the game winning shot of course, but not enough love for what he did before Jalen’s three.

Jalen drove and lost the ball at the top of the key. Donte immediately rushed in from the corner to a pack of people to grab it. He then backs up, crosses over, drives, does a high gather to avoid swipes, sucks the defense in enough to kick it to Jalen for the trey.

That is not something a normal 3 pt gunner does. Donte isnt perfect of course, but he’s way more well rounded than some give him credit for. Played great defense in this one too. He wasn’t guarding Maxey much. When he’s rested his defense can be legit though.

It was looking like Donte wasnt even going to close the game but Deuce looked tired, and made a couple dubious plays/fouls down the stretch which kinda forced Thibs’ hand. So many things went right in the end.
Monk1718
RealGM

Post#895 » by Monk1718 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:10 pm

Those final possessions was a team effort. Everyone made a big play. Brunson 3,Hart pressing up and Maxey and getting the steal, Shart grabbing that huge rebound in a sea of red and OG with the pass to Divo for 3. It was a beautiful thing….I'm still high on the moment.
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,334

Post#896 » by Garbagelo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:10 pm

I predict Villanova fans will be flooding the Sixer's stadium rooting for the Knicks the next few games
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,334

Post#897 » by Garbagelo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:12 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:Donte is getting props for the game winning shot of course, but not enough love for what he did before Jalen’s three.

Jalen drove and lost the ball at the top of the key. Donte immediately rushed in from the corner to a pack of people to grab it. He then backs up, crosses over, drives, does a high gather to avoid swipes, and finds Jalen for the trey.

That is not something a normal 3 pt gunner does. Donte isnt perfect of course, but he’s way more well rounded than some give him credit for. Played great defense in this one too. He wasn’t guarding Maxey much. When he’s rested his defense can be legit.

It was looking like Donte wasnt even going to close the game but Deuce looked tired, and made a couple dubious plays/fouls down the stretch which kinda forced Thibs’ hand. So many things went right in the end.

all 5 guys on the floor did something positive to secure the win in the final minute

fated victory
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#898 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Great anticipation, smarts, and hustle by IHart.

I’m trying to recall a bigger Knicks rebound in a playoff game.
Free Palestine
Monk1718
RealGM

Post#899 » by Monk1718 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:12 pm

Garbagelo wrote:I predict Villanova fans will be flooding the Sixer's stadium rooting for the Knicks the next few games

Not just Villanova fans but fans that couldn’t afford MSG prices will be there heavy. I know at least 4 people that are going on Thursday all the way from Bk.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#900 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:14 pm

Monk1718 wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:I predict Villanova fans will be flooding the Sixer's stadium rooting for the Knicks the next few games

Not just Villanova fans but fans that couldn’t afford MSG prices will be there heavy. I know at least 4 people that are going on Thursday all the way from Bk.

:nod:
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks