ImageImageImageImageImage

LeBron James: they wanna push my top back like JFK. So I JFK

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Justdatdude
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: LeBron James: they wanna push my top back like JFK. So I JFK 

Post#61 » by Justdatdude » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:27 pm

This is sad. Now people are going to try and analyze what the guy post on Twitter, then try to turn it into a big deal even though those words came from a song? Smh. Do people know that Twitter is used to say whatever it is that you want? If you're listening to a song, you might want to post the lyrics of a song. Its there to say whatever it is that you want. How is this in any way, shape or form stupid or immature? Get off the man's back. The sad thing is most of the people here are grownups and are sitting around their computers trying to find more of a reason to hate Lebron. Let the guy breathe. If he would have came here, everyone would be praising him. He did nothing wrong to us. He doesn't owe us anything. He didn't come here, get over it. Move on with your life. We have a nice team. Be happy with what we have.
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#62 » by Smoke24 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:32 pm

If he wanted a verse from a Miami rapper to tagline, then he should have went with Plies with his verse in "Hi Hater". :lol:
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,457

Post#63 » by NyKnicks1714 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:36 pm

LOL @ 5 pages because LeBron tweeted song lyrics.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,312

Post#64 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:39 pm

Is that a reference to our president getting his head blown off in Dallas?

If so, to have these guys use the WTC and JFK as their references in two days is sad.

This kind of thought process is seen in stupid celebrities with an unearned sense of entitlement. They fallaciously identify their personal fortunes as being on par with tragic historical events.

Words that come to mind: Ignorant, Vain, Moronic .....................
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#65 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:42 pm

Justdatdude wrote:This is sad. Now people are going to try and analyze what the guy post on Twitter, then try to turn it into a big deal even though those words came from a song? Smh. Do people know that Twitter is used to say whatever it is that you want? If you're listening to a song, you might want to post the lyrics of a song. Its there to say whatever it is that you want. How is this in any way, shape or form stupid or immature? Get off the man's back. The sad thing is most of the people here are grownups and are sitting around their computers trying to find more of a reason to hate Lebron. Let the guy breathe. If he would have came here, everyone would be praising him. He did nothing wrong to us. He doesn't owe us anything. He didn't come here, get over it. Move on with your life. We have a nice team. Be happy with what we have.

Yeah, so you say. I can squeeze in posts without spending all day staring at Real GM.

How about this for a response instead?

Maybe these guys should just zip it. They are vain attention whores who should consider getting an education before they spout off in public.

That makes far more sense to me than what you just wrote.

Quid pro quo.
makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Post#66 » by makeitstop » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:55 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:Is that a reference to our president getting his head blown off in Dallas?

If so, to have these guys use the WTC and JFK as their references in two days is sad.

This kind of thought process is seen in stupid celebrities with an unearned sense of entitlement. They fallaciously identify their personal fortunes as being on par with tragic historical events.

That's what I'm saying.

Bosh is gonna have to compare the regular season to the Bataan Death March to get any play after this. :lol:
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
Justdatdude
Banned User

Post#67 » by Justdatdude » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:00 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Justdatdude wrote:This is sad. Now people are going to try and analyze what the guy post on Twitter, then try to turn it into a big deal even though those words came from a song? Smh. Do people know that Twitter is used to say whatever it is that you want? If you're listening to a song, you might want to post the lyrics of a song. Its there to say whatever it is that you want. How is this in any way, shape or form stupid or immature? Get off the man's back. The sad thing is most of the people here are grownups and are sitting around their computers trying to find more of a reason to hate Lebron. Let the guy breathe. If he would have came here, everyone would be praising him. He did nothing wrong to us. He doesn't owe us anything. He didn't come here, get over it. Move on with your life. We have a nice team. Be happy with what we have.

Yeah, so you say. I can squeeze in posts without spending all day staring at Real GM.

Maybe these guys should just zip it. They are vain attention whores who should consider getting an education before they spout off in public.

Quid pro quo.

Its not about spending all day staring at Real GM. Nothing he said was dumb. He quoted song lyrics. Follow any celebrity on twitter and they all quote song lyrics or poetry or something in general. A lot of people on here are getting upset over what he wrote. Its his Twitter. Everything he writes doesn't have some secret type of message and doesn't need to be analyzed. That is what I was getting at.

Why do Lebron need to zip it? How is this any sign of attention whoring by writing on Twitter? What does him saying that have to do with an education or anything? What is the difference between him writing that on Twitter and actually signing the song in person? Its not a big deal.
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Post#68 » by Thorn » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:04 pm

Is it like 'They want to expose me " as in push the top back as in the convertible that JFK was wearing exposing him so they can take shots at him?

Or is he saying people are all taking his head off over his decision like JFK had his head blown off?

Either way he is a real idiot, this is massively insensitive.

Now all we need to do is have Chris Bosh make a reference to himself in some biblical Christ reference and we they can run the trifiectica of stupidity.
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#69 » by TheBluest » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:06 pm

Justdatdude wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Quid pro quo.

Its not about spending all day staring at Real GM. Nothing he said was dumb. He quoted song lyrics. Follow any celebrity on twitter and they all quote song lyrics or poetry or something in general. A lot of people on here are getting upset over what he wrote. Its his Twitter. Everything he writes doesn't have some secret type of message and doesn't need to be analyzed. That is what I was getting at.

Why do Lebron need to zip it? How is this any sign of attention whoring by writing on Twitter? What does him saying that have to do with an education or anything? What is the difference between him writing that on Twitter and actually signing the song in person? Its not a big deal.

What is the purpose of posting lyrics to a song so everyone can look at the post but you don't engage in replies

Other than to try and show how cool he is and in tune to Pop Culture

Basically he's letting everyone know he's gained access to a leaked Hip-Hop project and trying to style on it. It's stupid

I have more respect for entertainers who actually interact with fans online instead of Mantle Piecing their Profile online in a juvenile way
ecnirp
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#70 » by ecnirp » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:09 pm

This forum has gone to Hell since its become cool to hate LeBron. He's like the Tom Cruise of the sports world.

Why the hell is this is thread worthy? Because some joker didnt know it was from a song? Or its because they get off on finding any reason to hate a guy? He posted lyrics on a twitter...whats the big deal?
Justdatdude
Banned User

Post#71 » by Justdatdude » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:11 pm

TheBluest wrote:

What is the purpose of posting lyrics to a song so everyone can look at the post but you don't engage in replies

Basically he's letting everyone know he's gained access to a leaked Hip-Hop project and trying to style on it. It's stupid

I have more respect for entertainers who actually interact with fans online instead of Mantle Piecing their Profile online in a juvenile way

But does he need a purpose to post it? Maybe him and Rick Ross is cool. By Lebron posting his lyrics, people will see that Lebron is a fan of Ross, and just maybe Lebron fans will now listen to Ross. Free publicity haha. But in no way does that show he has gained access to a leaked Hip Hop project when the song has been released. The song does come on the radio.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#72 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:11 pm

Justdatdude wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Quid pro quo.

Best answer to you is the first post I wrote:

Is that a reference to our president getting his head blown off in Dallas?

ImageImageImage
ecnirp
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#73 » by ecnirp » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:14 pm

Chris Bosh post Ready to Die Lyrics on his twitter.

He must be thinking of suicide. LMAO.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#74 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:14 pm

Further, why should I give a rats azz if he's quoting a rap lyric?

SO WHAT?

STUPID IS STUPID. Period.

Vainglorious jerks elevating their celebrity woes to the level of tragic historical events is STUPID.

I repeat, they are stupid people.

OK?

Doesn't matter who said or who copped it, it's just ignorant, vain and dumb.

Period.
ImageImageImage
Futureisnow
Head Coach
And1: 1,272

Post#75 » by Futureisnow » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:21 pm

Justdatdude wrote:Why do Lebron need to zip it? How is this any sign of attention whoring by writing on Twitter? What does him saying that have to do with an education or anything? What is the difference between him writing that on Twitter and actually signing the song in person? Its not a big deal.

Dude, this is a internet forum. Everyone's going to have a different opinion and so long as that person doesn't violate the TOS, that opinion will be posted. Some people think athletes shouldn't celebrate, others don't care. Same thing applies here. First off, Lebron isn't even typing those messages. I'd bet it's someone he hired that puts those things out. Second, if someone thinks he should just shut up..well...their entitled to say that.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#76 » by kane2021 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:26 pm

2 things that stick out to me more than the JFK thing

A new friend of mine said to me "DREAMS BIG...worries small". Great words from a wise man about 21 hours ago via UberTwitter

No need to worry when its so easy.

The biggest mistake you can make in life is fearing that you will make one! STOP! Everyone makes mistakes! Just live & learn! about 5 hours ago via UberTwitter

This is very interesting. Mistakes? What and why? You just made a big move. Only doubt would make the word mistake come into my mind so soon.

Its to bad he does not have a dominate older male figure in his life. One who does not care about the brand but the young man.
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,330

Post#77 » by NewEra » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:31 pm

Shut up LeBron! How many times will I say that this summer? My guess is a lot more.
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#78 » by TheBluest » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:34 pm

Justdatdude wrote:
TheBluest wrote:

But does he need a purpose to post it? Maybe him and Rick Ross is cool. By Lebron posting his lyrics, people will see that Lebron is a fan of Ross, and just maybe Lebron fans will now listen to Ross. Free publicity haha. But in no way does that show he has gained access to a leaked Hip Hop project when the song has been released. The song does come on the radio.

Well if he puts public comments out there, they are up for being analyzed. No need to try and be his knight in shinning armor to defend him. Twitter is open to public interaction. He was trying to be cool and yet subliminally pleading for sympathy. Well therefore he's game.....it is what it is

The timing of the lyrics coincide with the leaked project. He's riding the Pop Culture wave.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#79 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:36 pm

For those of you who still do not get why people harp on these guys, let me put it in the simplest and starkest terms.

Please do not respond unless you genuinely think it through.

1. They ask for attention. They crave it and their actions show it. This cannot be disputed.

2. They say ignorant things. They often do not wish to take responsibility for their own statements.

3. You do not seek attention and say ignorant things without getting a response. Basic law of cause and effect magnified by the power of social media.

4. You do not get to take on the martyr pose and pretend you are the victim of public persecution when you:

(a) See # 1 & # 2 above.

(b) Get paid hundreds of millions of dollars to play a game the world could get along without if it had to.

5. Getting paid handsomely does not give the public a license to abuse a celebrity, but it most certainly does not give the celebrity any greater value as a human being unless they make other contributions to the world by helping others, being a good father, etc.

6. However, these individuals think they are worth more to the planet than they are. When they place their value on the same scale of worth as a thousand victims of a terrorist attack or an American President they are asking for scrutinty. They already beg for attention so when they say godawful ignorant things they will get extra scrutiny, which leads me to ask:

7. How can anyone lay a trip on people who give these guys the treatment they invite unto themselves? They crave attention and think they are more important than they are. Then they repeatedly show themselves to be stupid and unworthy of attention so the result is they get negative attention. Hence, the concept of zipping it.

I know full well how rappers or toasters identify with and adopt historical figures as part of their personas. The journey from having nothing to fame and fortune often has a great deal to do identifying yourself as larger than life and striking a pose.

When an ignorant overpaid, self-important celebrity starts to cry like babies about negative attention they draw to themselves with their vanity and childishness, I have no sympathy for them.

But when they try to equate their situation with great tragedies how can any one of you question myself or anyone else publicly stating they should FK OFF?
See5
Junior
And1: 18

Post#80 » by See5 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:31 pm

RAUSE the BAUCE!!!

ROZAY!!!!

Return to New York Knicks