ImageImageImageImageImage

[Camel Toe Thread] - Part 3

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Re: ESPN: Knicks Making Progress Towards a Melo Deal 

Post#61 » by EchelonNYK » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:14 am

Childs2Dudley wrote:Nobody read the full article it seems.

It says in addition to Gallo and Randolph that they'd have to trade someone for a first round pick, likely Douglas and/or Chandler.

If I have to trade Gallo, Randolph and Douglas for Melo that is absurd.

:roll:
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#62 » by TheBluest » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:15 am

It says in addition to Gallo and Randolph that they'd have to trade someone for a first round pick, likely Douglas and/or Chandler.

No everyone read it and understands for the most part what the risks are.
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,368

Post#63 » by Grinditout » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:16 am

While i definitely would be alright if that kind of deal happened to get Melo, we could just wait half a season until the trade deadline and possible give up less for him, or if patient enough just sign him outright next summer.
projectpaki
Pro Prospect
And1: 45

Post#64 » by projectpaki » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:16 am

id do it

but curry no longer infesting the knick bench? for the life of me, i just can not picture that... that would also leave chandler as the only knick from the isiah era.

however, ideally i would rather want melo after the season, we would be so stacked with talent at every position, holy ****
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#65 » by HEZI » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:17 am

So basically it would be

Gallo OR Randolph + Eddy Curry + 1st round pick to Denver

Chandler OR Douglas to 3rd team for 1st

Melo to NY

I trust Donnie to do the right thing, and he better not get rid of Douglas by any means he better make sure he does his best to keep this kid. I think what would be best for this team would be if we are still in pursuit of Melo, no matter how much I dont want to give up the young guys, it looks like it just might go down, so the best thing to do would be to move Randolph and Chandler and keep Douglas and Gallo. This is what I think Dantoni is going to push for real hard for Walsh to do because both guys are going to be key even with Melo. Gallo would be coming off the bench and could see a lot of time at the 4 being Amare's backup and this is what I think Dantoni wants all along. He wants Gallo to be a stretch 4, and coming off the bench he could get that opportunity. This also would open up a spot for Landry Fields to get significant minutes in the rotation playing the 2.

Felton / Douglas
Fields / Felton
Melo / Gallo
Amare / Gallo
Mozgov / Turiaf

8 man rotation right there folks, with Walker and Mason Jr. in the mix in case of foul trouble or bad matchups, but for the most part I think this is Dantoni's ultimate vision. To be honest, now that we have found our starting center, and with the way I think Douglas has established himself as a scorer, Im pretty comfortable with that group. To be honest, I kinda love it :D
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#66 » by N8isScofield » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:17 am

I'm kind of torn on this. First, it's ESPN and I will never believe any basketball related story they run again in life after the circus they helped facilitate in July. If however this story is true then I'm really on the fence. On the one hand, I think Melo truly wants to be here and could probably be had as a free agent without giving up any assets, some of which could be used to acquire a piece at a position of need like say Melo's other good buddy OJ Mayo for the back court. On the other hand, there is the risk that another team swoops in for him and then convinces him to stay and then we're left really probably being a second round exit each year at best. I'm starting to lean much more towards doing whatever it takes short of completely gutting the team and especially short of giving up Mozgov to get Melo now knowing that he will extend here.
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#67 » by knicks742 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:17 am

Donnie has said he won't rip this team apart to get Melo, I trust he won't. Luckily Mozgov can't be traded til December, that's all I care about. :)
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,042

Post#68 » by god shammgod » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:17 am

what could have happened in recent days to change denver's mind ? i think moz is in the deal. athletic 7 footers are hard to come by.
Childs2Dudley
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#69 » by Childs2Dudley » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:18 am

echelonNYK wrote:

:roll:

Ok brah...trade our entire team for one player so we can rest our hopes on Amare's knees, Carmelo and a still-unknown Russian guy prone to fouling. Who is the rest of our team? Roger Mason is ass, Rautins sucks, Turiaf is a role player.

Felton-Melo-Amare with Mason at SG and Mozgov at C isn't a bad lineup. Then your 6th man is Wilson Chandler (if he's still here) or Landry Fields. Azubuike doesn't count right now since he wont even be available till December. You cannot trade away every single asset for one guy who only led his team past the 2nd round once. C'mon son.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#70 » by ComboGuardCity » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:18 am

Ship Gallo's ass out. He plays the same position as Melo anyways.
N8Knick12
Senior
And1: 7

Post#71 » by N8Knick12 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:18 am

Denver gets Igoudala, Gallinari, 1st rounder from NY
Phili gets Chandler, Curry, NY 2nd rounder
NY gets Melo and Afflalo

It's wishful thinking, but I hope something gets done.
GnarlesOakley
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Post#72 » by GnarlesOakley » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:18 am

If you actually read this post it doesn't say anything new, just combine a bunch of old stories. Their "source" is likely Isola.
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#73 » by knicks742 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:18 am

god shammgod wrote:what could have happened in recent days to change denver's mind ? i think moz is in the deal. athletic 7 footers are hard to come by.

Can't be traded til december :)
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#74 » by N8isScofield » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:19 am

SMAC-K wrote:So basically it would be

Melo to NY

I trust Donnie to do the right thing, and he better not get rid of Douglas by any means he better make sure he does his best to keep this kid. I think what would be best for this team would be if we are still in pursuit of Melo, no matter how much I dont want to give up the young guys, it looks like it just might go down, so the best thing to do would be to move Randolph and Chandler and keep Douglas and Gallo. This is what I think Dantoni is going to push for real hard for Walsh to do because both guys are going to be key even with Melo. Gallo would be coming off the bench and could see a lot of time at the 4 being Amare's backup and this is what I think Dantoni wants all along. He wants Gallo to be a stretch 4, and coming off the bench he could get that opportunity. This also would open up a spot for Landry Fields to get significant minutes in the rotation playing the 2.

Felton / Douglas
Fields / Felton
Melo / Gallo
Amare / Gallo
Mozgov / Turiaf

8 man rotation right there folks, with Walker and Mason Jr. in the mix in case of foul trouble or bad matchups, but for the most part I think this is Dantoni's ultimate vision. To be honest, now that we have found our starting center, and with the way I think Douglas has established himself as a scorer, Im pretty comfortable with that group. To be honest, I kinda love it :D

Only problem is that there's not one truly prolific 3 point shooter in that starting lineup and that's a lot to ask a rookie 2nd round pick no matter how impressive Fields has been.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#75 » by god shammgod » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:20 am

it's funny how almost this entire board has flipped. y'all owe pharmacat, me & a few others an apology.
GnarlesOakley
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Post#76 » by GnarlesOakley » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:20 am

god shammgod wrote:it's funny how almost this entire board has flipped. y'all owe pharmacat, me & a few others an apology.

No.

You guys aren't even Knicks fans, you are Melo fans.
KnickMan
Pro Prospect
And1: 204

Post#77 » by KnickMan » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:22 am

SMAC-K wrote:So basically it would be

Melo to NY

Felton / Douglas
Fields / Felton
Melo / Gallo
Amare / Gallo
Mozgov / Turiaf

Why Gallo over Chandler? Chandler is a better all around player than Gallo RIGHT NOW. Gallo may develop but right now he is just a 6'10 3 point shooter who rarely takes the ball to the basket.
Chandler has improved his ball handling and passing and should flourish coming off the bench at the 3 or 4. We both agree on Douglas...
"Tier 1 Asset Accumulation"
http://www.greatfinancialoptions.com
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,219

Post#78 » by nyknicks09 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:22 am

I rather Mr. Walsh trade Gallo for a 1st round pick from that 3rd team. Also, get J.R. Smith along with Melo.

Curry, Gallo and Randolph for Melo and J.R. Smith. If they want a 1st pick than J.R. Smith needs to head to whoever that 3rd team is.

The ball is on our side and if Denver wants to play hard ball than we can wait until the summer and make it easier for us to land Melo.
New York Knicks
Jstarks3
General Manager
And1: 740

Post#79 » by Jstarks3 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:22 am

seriously? wtf, a few bad preseason games and now everyone wants to ship everyone out for melo? PATIENCE.
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#80 » by god shammgod » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:22 am

GnarlesOakley wrote:
god shammgod wrote:it's funny how almost this entire board has flipped. y'all owe pharmacat, me & a few others an apology.

No.

You guys aren't even Knicks fans, you are Melo fans.

nonsense, we're fans of the knicks getting melo. get it straight.

Return to New York Knicks