ImageImageImageImageImage

OT- Anime

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Re: OT- Anime 

Post#1341 » by Falstaffxx » Tue May 7, 2013 1:02 am

Getouttahea22 wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:
Getouttahea22 wrote:
Ehh, I seem to remember one particular shot from when she was sitting at her desk and she did not look very attractive (actually she looked fat IIRC). Though I do like her voice actress (Rias Gremory, Erica Blandelli, and Houki, talk about bishoujos! :D )

So wait, you don't consider Claymore to be "bishoujo stuff"? Because what I meant by a show like Claymore was a show with a bunch of bishoujos who are super strong like Claymore :D

When I use that term, I'm more referring to stuff like Clannad - you know, shimmering eyes and all that.

What I thought was the definition of the term might actually be a bit off. I guess I kind of thought it just meant beautiful females but it might actually be restricted more towards beautiful "girls", meaning younger than the women in Claymore (maybe Tabitha knows?). If that's the case, then yeah not bishoujos, I actually tend to enjoy watching the characters that are a little more mature (both male and female). Not a big loli fan.

And it's not just appearance either, it's voices too. I don't consider myself particularly picky about voices, BUT if they sound REALLY young (i.e. super high pitched voice for girls or the guys sound like girls) then I can get annoyed. I dunno if you noticed, but almost all of the Claymores sound mature, and I guess I liked that.

I was using it more to refer to a style than the age they're supposed to be. Not saying your usage is wrong, just clarifying what kind of show I meant.

One thing that I find funny (in a good way) about Claymore is, it always seems like it's set up to be monster hentai, but nothing like that ever happens.
Getouttahea22
Junior
And1: 2

Post#1342 » by Getouttahea22 » Tue May 7, 2013 1:06 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
Getouttahea22 wrote:AAAAHHH DON'T SPOIL IT!

Actually to late, I think I saw somewhere someone was asking how Shingeki no Kyojin
Spoiler:
is going to go on with a dead main character

Is that what you are referring to?

Spoiler:
Yeah, though I got to believe we haven't seen the last of him just yet.

Spoiler:
One thing to remember is that this show is supposed to have 24 episodes, and based on the fact that he's the main character, it would be hard to believe that he is actually gone for good. I suppose they'll think of some crazy Deus ex Machina to bring him back. But at least for the next episode, it looks like Mikasa is gonna be in the spotlight. And I'm not totally opposed to that either.

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Eren anyways. His personality is abrasive. Perhaps some of that can be blamed on the horrible world they live in, but that doesn't mean I have to like him :P . But yeah,
Spoiler:
I don't think he's gone forever. Shall we try to guess how he comes back? If there's a manga I guess we could just read it, but where's the fun in that? Maybe the titan's stomachs have regenerative qualities that allow him to become whole again and he just pops out the other end. Or maybe, THEY REPRODUCE BY EATING PEOPLE AND POOPING OUT BABY TITANS!! Then he becomes the very thing he hates so much! Talk about irony! :lol:

Also not a fan of Shingeki's OP btw. Instead of coming off as dramatic, it comes off as kinda silly to me.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#1343 » by Manhattan Project » Tue May 7, 2013 3:42 am

I just think that his father still has a role to play in this series, I mean he was a renowned scientist or am I making that up? The last time we seen him he was riding toward the wall, I gotta imagine they showed that for a reason.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Getouttahea22
Junior

Post#1344 » by Getouttahea22 » Tue May 7, 2013 5:03 am

Yeah but I
Spoiler:
just don't know how the show would go on without Eren. He's like front and center of the picture for the show on MAL

And his father is probably integral. Maybe he
Spoiler:
figures out a way to bring his son back to life from titan poop :o
Sasaki
Veteran
And1: 781

Post#1345 » by Sasaki » Tue May 7, 2013 2:06 pm

Getouttahea22 wrote:
Hangtime84 wrote:Just watched fate zero awesome anime. Just realized it was a prequel now i gotta watch this 2006 version. Animation has came a long way!

This might be raining on your parade a bit, but I think Fate/Zero is widely considered better than Fate/Stay Night. I haven't watched much of Zero but I have watched quite a bit of FSN, and I was kind of annoyed by some of it, particularly the main character. He seemed like an idiot who did what he was warned not to do because he was trying to be the "hero" or whatever. Maybe I'm impatient when it comes to foolishness like that...anyways I'll probably try watching some more of Fate/Zero, it seems to be highly regarded.

Also, I watched almost all of Claymore recently (I didn't know much if anything about it before) and it's quite good imo. It has that dark serious atmosphere that I like, and the characters are pretty interesting and well developed (although Raki's kind of annoying...dude grow up) Put a bunch of cool, beautiful, and super strong women together...what could go wrong? :D

I'm a massive fan of the Fate series, but the FSN anime is to put it bluntly, garbage. The FSN original game that the anime is based off of is however, utterly brilliant and even better than Fate Zero. The anime's problems is that there are three separate routes in the game - but largely follows which is generally viewed as the weakest one, with the main heroine.

There's also the fact that ufotable, the studio that produced Fate Zero, is basically the Valve of anime studios...while Deen, the studio that produced FSN is basically the EA.
But do you know what they call a fool, who's full of himself and jumps into the path of death because it's cool?
Bertrob
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Post#1346 » by Bertrob » Tue May 7, 2013 8:13 pm

Sasaki wrote:There's also the fact that ufotable, the studio that produced Fate Zero, is basically the Valve of anime studios...while Deen, the studio that produced FSN is basically the EA.

I don't know if I'd be that mean to Deen. They've worked on some great shows (Full moon, Fruit Baskets)
Getouttahea22
Junior

Post#1347 » by Getouttahea22 » Wed May 8, 2013 12:08 am

Tabitha wrote:
Sasaki wrote:There's also the fact that ufotable, the studio that produced Fate Zero, is basically the Valve of anime studios...while Deen, the studio that produced FSN is basically the EA.

I don't know if I'd be that mean to Deen. They've worked on some great shows (Full moon, Fruit Baskets)

No need to be so coy Tabitha, I know you like FSN. You gave it a 10 on MAL so you MUST like it right? :lol:

Besides, I think you pointed this out earlier, but tastes in anime can vary a lot from person to person. For example, while we're on Type-Moon, I actually liked Shingetsutan Tsukihime quite a bit, but apparently quite a few fans of the VN thought it was terrible.
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#1348 » by Bertrob » Wed May 8, 2013 1:17 am

Getouttahea22 wrote:
No need to be so coy Tabitha, I know you like FSN. You gave it a 10 on MAL so you MUST like it right? :lol:

Besides, I think you pointed this out earlier, but tastes in anime can vary a lot from person to person. For example, while we're on Type-Moon, I actually liked Shingetsutan Tsukihime quite a bit, but apparently quite a few fans of the VN thought it was terrible.

Noo don't trust my MAL ratings. I give most shows a 10 to try and boost the scores :wink:
And the whole VN vs VN anime thing is too complicated lol. I loved Oretachi Tsubasa but most fans of the VNs hated it. It's just like comic book nerds vs comic book movies. A lot of them are picky if the adaption isn't perfect
Getouttahea22
Junior

Post#1349 » by Getouttahea22 » Wed May 8, 2013 1:43 am

Tabitha wrote:
Getouttahea22 wrote:

Noo don't trust my MAL ratings. I give most shows a 10 to try and boost the scores :wink:
And the whole VN vs VN anime thing is too complicated lol. I loved Oretachi Tsubasa but most fans of the VNs hated it. It's just like comic book nerds vs comic book movies. A lot of them are picky if the adaption isn't perfect

Ohhh thanks, I think I'll add that to my ptw list :D .

And LOL @ giving most shows a 10, you trying to trick people in to watching shows that suck?

Btw you really love that redhead from Nyaruko huh
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#1350 » by Bertrob » Thu May 9, 2013 3:39 am

Getouttahea22 wrote:

And LOL @ giving most shows a 10, you trying to trick people in to watching shows that suck?

She is very gif-friendly
Getouttahea22
Junior

Post#1351 » by Getouttahea22 » Thu May 9, 2013 4:08 am

Tabitha wrote:
Getouttahea22 wrote:

She is very gif-friendly

Speaking of gifs, Nice sig Manhattan.

btw, are you watching Suisei no Gargantia? I think it's by the creator of Psycho-Pass.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,968

Post#1352 » by Manhattan Project » Thu May 9, 2013 4:32 am

Nah, something about the characters/animation that just seemed off to me. Maybe I'll marathon it at the end of the season if I hear good enough reviews about it.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Getouttahea22
Junior

Post#1353 » by Getouttahea22 » Thu May 9, 2013 6:56 am

Manhattan Project wrote:Nah, something about the characters/animation that just seemed off to me. Maybe I'll marathon it at the end of the season if I hear good enough reviews about it.

LOL WOW me too! :o I wasn't quite sure how to describe it, but yeah something about it gave me the sort of "eh I'm not sure if I want to watch this" feeling. I think it was the characters/colors/animation or something like that. But it seems to have positive reviews on MAL, so I might check it out later. If you're going to take a flyer on something, might as well take a flyer on something made by the creator of Psycho-Pass I guess eh?
Getouttahea22
Junior

Post#1354 » by Getouttahea22 » Fri May 10, 2013 7:10 am

Anyone watched Chrno Crusade? Is it worth watching all the way through? It seems pretty good. Someone might have spoiled it for me a bit though because I think I read somewhere that someone thought the ending
Spoiler:
is sad. And I think I might be able to guess why...
Getouttahea22
Junior

Post#1355 » by Getouttahea22 » Sat May 18, 2013 1:16 am

Time for a resurrection? Has anyone been watching Hentai Ouji? I started watching it and for some reason I found the first minute or so of the first episode HILARIOUS. Might be worth watching.

It was just a coincidence! A mistake! No, wait, a conspiracy! :lol:
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#1356 » by Bertrob » Mon May 20, 2013 1:18 am

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=601591

My life is complete. One of my fav games. Here is kinda what it would look like:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrMVte7EfQ0[/youtube]
Bertrob
RealGM

Post#1357 » by Bertrob » Mon May 20, 2013 2:48 am

Getouttahea22 wrote:Time for a resurrection? Has anyone been watching Hentai Ouji? I started watching it and for some reason I found the first minute or so of the first episode HILARIOUS. Might be worth watching.

It was just a coincidence! A mistake! No, wait, a conspiracy! :lol:

it was my most anticipated of the season. So far its been fun.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#1358 » by Hangtime84 » Thu May 23, 2013 9:37 pm

Wait Blazblue anime Shhhhhyyyyt
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
Nitroglycerin
Starter
And1: 528

Post#1359 » by Nitroglycerin » Mon May 27, 2013 2:02 pm

Anyone here following Hunter X Hunter on manga?
Trust the PRosas!
Totem
Analyst
And1: 3,161

Post#1360 » by Totem » Thu Jun 6, 2013 3:51 am

Spoiler:

That is all.
Product of TZ

Return to New York Knicks