ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread III

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread III 

Post#1981 » by E-Balla » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:59 pm

Check the writing credits on your favorite album. It won't just have the main artist and his features.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#1982 » by Mecca » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:02 pm

West Coast Rap > East Coast Rap. KDot, Soulo, Blu, DomK, Q, Rock, Earl, Vince Staples, Nipsey. How can current gen NY top that? Bad Mon, Bronson, Skyzoo.. Cali Rap is king right now.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
KingofNYC30
Junior
And1: 44

Post#1983 » by KingofNYC30 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:06 pm

Mecca wrote:West Coast Rap > East Coast Rap. KDot, Soulo, Blu, DomK, Q, Rock, Earl, Vince Staples, Nipsey. How can current gen NY top that? Bad Mon, Bronson, Skyzoo.. Cali Rap is king right now.

NY is very weak right now. I believe the south or west is running the game right now. Bronson album was subpar, but ppl should listen to SMTH, Joey Bada$$ and Pro Era, Flatbush Zombies, The Underachievers, D. Edge and other emcees.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1984 » by Mecca » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:08 pm

KingofNYC30 wrote:
Mecca wrote:West Coast Rap > East Coast Rap. KDot, Soulo, Blu, DomK, Q, Rock, Earl, Vince Staples, Nipsey. How can current gen NY top that? Bad Mon, Bronson, Skyzoo.. Cali Rap is king right now.

NY is very weak right now. I believe the south or west is running the game right now. Bronson album was subpar, but ppl should listen to SMTH, Joey Bada$$ and Pro Era, Flatbush Zombies, The Underachievers, D. Edge and other emcees.
New York missing Steez right now.
Brooklyn Nets
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1985 » by Mecca » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:10 pm

Isaiah Rashad is a name for all hip hop heads to watch out for. TDE's AWiggins
Brooklyn Nets
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1986 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:14 pm

E-Balla wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
E-Balla wrote:But we all know that. The question is whether or not we believe he was writers and I personally don't because I find it hard to believe he had writers on Comeback Season and that was Drake at his lyrical best. Its not like Wayne who stunk, got good, lost Curren$y (an alleged ghostwriter), and stunk.

I just posted the article where its on record, that he has been written for. Why are you in denial? :lol:

Writing for someone and helping someone write is different. One of them is something that happens so often its not worth mentioning. The other is having someone literally write whole verses. One person saying he's written a verse for Drake before could mean a littany of things and I doubt it means that he wrote every word in the verse or than he went and created a song from scratch that Drake took.

Plus since when is one dude considered on record? Its a single interview where he says he's basically written next to nothing. Dude could've had one or two lines make it into a song and he's saying he wrote for Drake.

Also as far as the greats go its well documented that Jay has had people help him write and that Nas has had writers help him before. It's different.

"On the record" means its a fact. come on now. And since when does a "line" turn into a verse. He said a verse, you know full well what a verse is...he could have just said I wrote a line or 2. Find me anyone on record, saying they wrote a whole verse for jay z or nas
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,501

Post#1987 » by j4remi » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:17 pm

Mecca wrote:
KingofNYC30 wrote:

New York missing Steez right now.

RIP Steez, I was extra hype for Progressive Era blowing up. Joey has a ton of potential. Skyzoo and that Barrell Brothers LP is DOPE, def worth a look.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#1988 » by E-Balla » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Mecca wrote:Isaiah Rashad is a name for all hip hop heads to watch out for. TDE's AWiggins

Yep. Overrated, unproven, and worse than a few people with way less hype than him. Great beat selection (like Wiggins has great athleticism), decent lyrics (like Wiggins has a decent IQ), but missing that "it" factor. :D

But you and I have a slight but major difference in taste and I can see why people would like him. He has that sound but he's kinda generic to me as far as people in that lane go. Wara From The NBHD is the artist to look out for followed by Michael Christmas.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1989 » by j4remi » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:19 pm

We're at page 100, someone make a part 4 so I can lock this up.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#1990 » by E-Balla » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:22 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

I just posted the article where its on record, that he has been written for. Why are you in denial? :lol:

Writing for someone and helping someone write is different. One of them is something that happens so often its not worth mentioning. The other is having someone literally write whole verses. One person saying he's written a verse for Drake before could mean a littany of things and I doubt it means that he wrote every word in the verse or than he went and created a song from scratch that Drake took.

Plus since when is one dude considered on record? Its a single interview where he says he's basically written next to nothing. Dude could've had one or two lines make it into a song and he's saying he wrote for Drake.

Also as far as the greats go its well documented that Jay has had people help him write and that Nas has had writers help him before. It's different.

"On the record" means its a fact. come on now. And since when does a "line" turn into a verse. He said a verse, you know full well what a verse is...he could have just said I wrote a line or 2. Find me anyone on record, saying they wrote a whole verse for jay z or nas

1. How do we know its a fact?
2. He could've wrote a verse but how much of it made it into the song?
3. I'm just saying Drake has been dumbed down since Comeback Season I find it hard to believe he can't write his own dumbed down lyrics and he's been pretty open about receiving help on his songs and help with getting his words right even attributing certain lines to writers he works with.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1991 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:32 pm

E-Balla wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Writing for someone and helping someone write is different. One of them is something that happens so often its not worth mentioning. The other is having someone literally write whole verses. One person saying he's written a verse for Drake before could mean a littany of things and I doubt it means that he wrote every word in the verse or than he went and created a song from scratch that Drake took.

1. How do we know its a fact?
2. He could've wrote a verse but how much of it made it into the song?
3. I'm just saying Drake has been dumbed down since Comeback Season I find it hard to believe he can't write his own dumbed down lyrics and he's been pretty open about receiving help on his songs and help with getting his words right even attributing certain lines to writers he works with.

You must have not read the intro. They said in the BEGINNING of the article, that he one of drake man's and Drake credits him with being an inspiration to him. Why the would a freind lie on another friend. The article is from 5 years ago. Its not as if he jumping on some band wagon. You coming up with all these "what if's" instead of just accepting that he had a verse written for him. Like I said, a friend has no reason to lie.

I dont find it hard to believe anything, when it comes to modern rappers.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1992 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:34 pm

Isiah Rashad is wack. Dude got signed like 3 years ago and still dont have anything that close to Ill yet.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1993 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:35 pm

I dont know why people acting like Bishop aint from NY and holding it down. Plus he younger than all the cats mentioned.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ro1FDhyaJY[/youtube]
KingofNYC30
Junior
And1: 44

Post#1994 » by KingofNYC30 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:40 pm

Again you guys should check out my homie's tape called Nourishment on DatPiff
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1995 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:43 pm

There is a bunch of nasty new young NY Mc's. They just dont have main stream success. I can post a **** load of them
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1996 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:46 pm

KingofNYC30 wrote:Again you guys should check out my homie's tape called Nourishment on DatPiff

Since he from BK. I will do the knowledge.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1997 » by j4remi » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:47 pm

Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton