ImageImageImageImageImage

OFFICIAL:I **** HATE DOLAN, THIS ORG, MELO, JR, ETC THREAD

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

knicksnyk
Sixth Man
And1: 42

Re: OFFICIAL:I **** HATE DOLAN, THIS ORG, MELO, JR, ETC THRE 

Post#1221 » by knicksnyk » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:17 am

KnicksGod wrote:I hate what the Knicks did more today than when they did it.

I realize it was about money more than anything. But it was still terrible.

it isn't about money though or about luxury tax. it is about dolan getting butt hurt bcus the houston rockets took him to work. thats it. i watched the kidd camby presser and when they asked about Lin & if they would match the offer sheet glen grunwald was like we will see when we get the offer sheet we are still deciding. but then mike woodson opened his mouth saying we would definitely match. once woodson did that the rockets took advantage of the situation & changed the offer sheet to force the knicks to put there money where there mouth was. the knicks tried to spin it as a luxury tax deal but it wasnt even about that. it was bcus houston bent over the knicks no vaseline. i knew once woody oppened his mouth that houston would change the offer. i remember knick fans were like that first offer was nothing cause we all fully expected it to be worse even i was surprised at the offer houston gave. & then when he gets the offer that we all fully expected him to get from the begining everyone is up in arms. BS. it wasnt about money dolan was butt hurt
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#1222 » by 21shumpshumpst » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:07 am

I realize it was about money more than anything. But it was a devastating decision and it was a death blow to this "Melo Era."

Don't you think death blow is a little extreme? We don't know how Felton or Lin will play next season. You were putting all your hopes on an unproven commodity.

We have never even seen Lin play in a playoff game. The closest to a playoff atmosphere he played in was in the Miami game and we all know how that went.

It was not just about the money. But it was about how Dolan perceived what had transpired.

He felt Lin used the knicks word that they would match any offer as a leverage tool to get more money. The kid sealed his own fate.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#1223 » by 21shumpshumpst » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:43 am

21shumpshumpst wrote:

I realize it was about money more than anything. But it was a devastating decision and it was a death blow to this "Melo Era."

Don't you think death blow is a little extreme? We don't know how Felton or Lin will play next season. You were putting all your hopes on an unproven commodity.

We have never even seen Lin play in a playoff game. The closest to a playoff atmosphere he played in was in the Miami game and we all know how that went.

It was not just about the money. But it was about how Dolan perceived what had transpired.

He felt Lin used the knicks word that they would match any offer as a leverage tool to get more money. The kid sealed his own fate.

NM I was looking over the Lin thread and weren't you the guy who went a bit over the top and compared losing Lin to 9/11?

I know you love bball but I hope you have put this in perspective. Before joining I read your posts and knew you were a diehard. Hopefully once the season starts and you see the talent on the floor you can start believing again.
knicksnyk
Sixth Man

Post#1224 » by knicksnyk » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:26 am

people need to stop sipping that kool aid that msg was spinning and just understand that you dont let an asset go for nothing. the media beat the fans over the head with this whole he is unproven stupidness. who cares. even if lin gets run over by a bus tommorow you never lose an asset for nothing. that is the heart of the dysfunction of this franchise. they gambled, they **** up and they lost. stop talking about him being unproven that isnt the problem. holy.
CU_NY09
Bench Warmer
And1: 84

Post#1225 » by CU_NY09 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:50 pm

knicksnyk wrote:people need to stop sipping that kool aid that msg was spinning and just understand that you dont let an asset go for nothing. the media beat the fans over the head with this whole he is unproven stupidness. who cares. even if lin gets run over by a bus tommorow you never lose an asset for nothing. that is the heart of the dysfunction of this franchise. they gambled, they **** up and they lost. stop talking about him being unproven that isnt the problem. holy.

Don't worry, most people understand this. It's the homers that will make up any excuse to justify why the Knicks didn't re-sign Lin. This is called the Official I hate Dolan/org/melo/JR thread -- not the, Let's make excuses/this team is awesome/championship bound/don't criticize the team, it hurts my feelings thread.
knicksnyk
Sixth Man

Post#1226 » by knicksnyk » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:18 am

the nba is such a fraternity. its like HS with little cliques. like that knick locker room must have been a mess last season lol we now that for sure. with the coaching change linsanity mike woodson lin getting injured lmao. must hve been awful. & i noticed that melo is very close to shump & tyson was very close to jeremy. melo always brings up shump when talking about the knicks and jeremy always listed tyson as some of his favourite players. there had to have been divisions in that locker room. like just with melo getting blamed for everything and lin getting all this praise and the coaching change & woodson never being really sold on jeremy. i was reading through all the threads from the beginning of the season until the end on this site i go to knickerblogger & boy was our season crazy last year.

i am still pretty shocked that melo & jr said what they said about his contract. like that never happens where teammates say such things. and then having all these other players comment on it so much, jerry stackhouse. then we had guys like camby felton baron novak all commenting on it in some form or another. the only person that defended him was novak jarred amare and dantoni lmao.

media day is going to b interesting i wonder if they will touch on the situation.
msg4k90
Junior

Post#1227 » by msg4k90 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:25 am

i'll just repeat what ian o'conner wrote in his lin article

"Letting Jeremy Lin leave was one of the dumbest moves of James Dolan's life."
GnarlesOakley
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Post#1228 » by GnarlesOakley » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:02 am

I prefer the term "JR Smith Era"
siar617
Analyst
And1: 457

Post#1229 » by siar617 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:22 pm

chales_zed wrote:Man, I'm still depressed that Dolan and co. didn't re-sign Lin and left him to rot in Houston.

I still feel like this board is one of my online refuges, but with the loss of Lin and Fields and with the additions of JR, Kidd and Felton I really find it hard to cheer for the Knicks.

Eat a bottle of Tylenol wash it down with bleach and call me in the morning
CU_NY09
Bench Warmer

Post#1230 » by CU_NY09 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:08 am

siar617 wrote:
chales_zed wrote:Man, I'm still depressed that Dolan and co. didn't re-sign Lin and left him to rot in Houston.

I still feel like this board is one of my online refuges, but with the loss of Lin and Fields and with the additions of JR, Kidd and Felton I really find it hard to cheer for the Knicks.

wow, that's terrible. wishing death on someone.
knicksnyk
Sixth Man

Post#1231 » by knicksnyk » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:47 am

siar617 wrote:

stay classy
blumatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 787

Post#1232 » by blumatic » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:03 am

:roll:
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#1233 » by Quick Kick » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:18 pm

Oh noez, we lost the 2012 version of Ronald Murray. Wut r we gonna doooooooo??!!
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#1234 » by DocZaius » Sat Sep 1, 2012 7:18 pm

Quick Kick wrote:Oh noez, we lost the 2012 version of Ronald Murray. Wut r we gonna doooooooo??!!

Yea Ronald Murray, perfect comparison to a potential all world PG... :roll:
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,951

Post#1235 » by Stannis » Sun Sep 2, 2012 5:27 am

If Dolan or Melo wanted to keep Lin, it could have happened.

Knicks were always a team in the top payroll when they sucked, now they are not (when they actually have players that could prove to be champion contending). Always adding/keeping great talent should be a given for any team. Knicks could have had the same off-season they had and kept Lin.

The Knicks cannot change their core every season. They need to keep the same group of guys for one season if they want to get far.

Sucks to see the Nets actually have a higher payroll in this era.

I still love the Knicks, and I will always support them. I am just not as excited to see the season start as I normally am.
Free Palestine
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,466

Post#1236 » by KnicksGod » Mon Sep 3, 2012 5:09 pm

OT but:

Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#1237 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Sep 4, 2012 1:46 am

Dolan can suck a dick though.
Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Post#1238 » by Mr_Perfect » Thu Sep 6, 2012 8:59 am

Quick Kick wrote:Oh noez, we lost the 2012 version of Ronald Murray. Wut r we gonna doooooooo??!!

Oh noez, your ability to compare talent to obscure players of the early to mid-2000's is awful. Wut r we gonna doooooooo?!?!
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#1239 » by Quick Kick » Thu Sep 6, 2012 2:38 pm

Lin is probably more talented. Hes still gonna have the same career trajectory as ol Ron did. If Lin is mediocre this year, do you promise to repace your Curt Hennig avi with a dunce cap for the season?
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Post#1240 » by GettinitDone » Thu Sep 6, 2012 3:32 pm

^Lol lol take the bet Mr Perfect, he's betting Lin is gonna be mediocre... lol

Would you bet with me, if Lin becomes an All Star, you'd put "Jeremy Lin is a franchise player" in your sig.

Return to New York Knicks